• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Well I'm new here so I guess I'll ask a good question.

What kind of STDs does ur peach shoot out from her up tilt?

Mine shoots a mixture of AIDS, Herpes, and Strawberry Flavor.

My peach's booty bump injects all kind of STDs into her opponent.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is my pool for SKtar and I'm in a terrible state of mind as of now.

Pierce- Marth
DRN- ZSS?
Tyrant- MK
Shrugo- Falco
Uno- ????
Tymer- ????

I have to think of something fast to deal with this anxiety or there is no way in hell im making it out of this pool

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Omg you have such a hard pool, Dark Pch!!

I have a few matches of me vs. Tyrant if you want to see what might help and see the mistakes I made.

I also have a video vs. K9's Falco if that might help you with the matchup, although it's not quite the same level as Shugo's Falco, but still.

You can totes do the Marth matchup. After fighting Mr. R at E4U, it made me realize how ez other Marth players are.

You got this! Stay positive.

Dark Pch's pool:

To Dark Pch:

Got some videos from the last tournament I attended.

Results:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324970

Loser's Semifinals
(best of 3)
Silly Kyle :peach: vs. K9 :falco:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwvu6w93p4M&feature=relmfu

Loser's Finals (best of 5)
Silly Kyle:peach: vs. KiraFlax :pit: / :rob:
Only matches 1 and 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSqHEK4wz_w&feature=related

Grand Finals (best of 5)
Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Tyrant :metaknight:
Only matches 1 and 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB1HHpKlwa0&feature=relmfu

Critique would be appreciated on all of them lol. Now that I'm #1, I gotta keep my edge on Kira and K9 and the rest of AZ. And I want to take a game off Tyrant next time! ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I don't have a problem most common players do with this game. Which may be lack of experience, skill level or match ups. Im not and even was afraid of top level players/characters. What curses me to place bad and not play on point is my anxiety. it would not be this strong as usual, but the fack I have to work twice as hard to get out of this poll is what is killing it.

I just want this anxiety to go away already. No amount of practice can deal with this anxiety/tourny nerves. This has to be dealt in a matter. In terms of matches in this game, I am condifent in all of them but 2. and those 2 match ups are not in my pool.

Im talking to a few people now about this matter. And Inui said he caoch me in my pools to help me out. But I don't know how good it will do in this state it is in now. I have never been this shooken up for pools since snes, and I made that out while hitting 13th. But this is different.

I'll look but again, thats not really the main issue here.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was thinking of just giving up here. Im mentally damage in terms of competition to function well. And trying to be someone I'm not. Since brawls release all I wanted to do was do what Mike G did in melee.
Back then she was seen as a **** character. No one was really doing damage with her. Just was just seen as a trash character with one broken move that people just baited and punish. Then he came out of no where and change the whole game of her. To where he was giving the title "Father of Peach" Or "Creator of Peach" And he did so many epic things at around his time.

Thats what I wanted to do with this game. Show everyone that This character is better then what people see her as. Change her game and do damage. But at this point, I may not be able to do that. Im not as smart as Mike G was nor as creative.

But I been thinking as to why all this is happening. All this started when I came out of my three month retirement in 2009 of december. I was rusty, and I just could get back to my usual self. from there I stood the same. and could not do much for myself. even till this day. I have shame and evny.

I have shame how I went from a peach hero to one of the loweiest rank peach players when it comes to results. pretty much anyone beating me with lil to no problem. Then other peach players coming in and out classing me like nothing. To a point I am time and time again put compared to the others and put down. And can't even defend myself with my skills and what I know about this character and game.

But I did not wanna admit it. I did not wanna admit something like that when even after all this time, people for some reason see me as a top Peach. And I could not understand how when results talk. I thought it was just fanboys I gained over the years. But even top players who I hardly talk too or played. To a point it came from random people.

I tend to feel bad alot going into a match and losing. really to someone I know I can take out but never do. While other Peach players were being talked up about to no end, my name still came up as a vertain to this game since I statred this game on release. Put I still felt shame and later eny kicked in. How I just can't play and the rest do, doing great in tournies while I am here failing time and time again. Cause I noticed in melee and my early years of brawl, I had nerves, but it was never this bad. and if anything, it was mostly fustration. which can be dealt with. even top level players get ticked here and there. but this is something different.

I believe thats what created this strong anxiety. jealous of the rest and shame on myself. I have only felt eveny upon 2 people in this game. One was Mike G and the other was Edreese at one point when I wanted to be better. But soon after, I had no problem being second place compared to him. Bit not it seems to be everyone. Also the back talk and comments I get these days.

This seems to stur up the mental problem where the chance to prove something becomes hard or harder than usual. and if I fail, more shame, embarrassement and comments will come my way. and make me feel worst. I always been the type of man to do and say what I want, which is why I post here or anywhere despite what one will think of my post. even if I get ganged up and made fun of. that would never stop me from saying what I feel inside. But something like this, seems I do care, ruined pride and strive for success. Most would think Im just a washed up 24 year old player that needs to back it up like the rest of the 08/09 Peach players. But I honestly Feel I can do something with this characters others have not done to the extreme to do. Which seems to be my reason to keep trying.

This is my final verdict on why this is happening. But I just can't stop this anxiety from happening. And as long as this is here, I can't function well and give easy wins that I could avoid dishing out and take the match. I just don't know what to do anymore and I obviously can't fight this alone as much as i tried.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aww :(

I think the best way to go about this game is having fun and playing for yourself. Don't compare yourself to others because you're just going to get emo whenever you fall short! I think you're a really talented (Apex) and knowledgeable player (when you spent hours teaching me stuff on Tinychat). At the very least, I have a lot of respect for you as a player and a person :)

Also, you do contribute a lot and make a ton of tutorial vids that seem to go unnoticed which sucks. I watched your vids and learned a lot and am incorporating that stuff into my own gameplay!

Personally, I like it when characters are underrated because when that character does win, it's the best feeling in the world.

Like... I started maining Peach recently, but haven't entered a tournament for the longest time despite telling myself I would because I hate tournament stress. I'm gonna enter a tourney in August and each subsequent event (for real) though and slowly build up my Peach from there :)

Oh yeah, good luck in your pool!

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
No worries man! Just enjoy yourself and go kick some ***! Show them that Dark Pch isn't someone to sleep on. ;)
Also, you're really awesome as a person and you've done a lot of helpful things for people, like going out of the way to teach me how to play Peach over Skype. You made all the videos I spent my time watching to understand Peach a lot more, and don't over-stress yourself when the point is to enjoy your passion.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I got this pool I believe to seeding. and my results in tournaments are horrible. I already have people saying im gonna get destroyed in my pool....

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You're putting all this pressure on yourself Dark Peach. You should just let all of that "creator of peach" stuff go and play to have fun! People already know you're an amazing player, you made Apex bracket which says a lot. This tourney has less than half then amount of players. The people in your pool are afraid of you and are counting on you to defeat yourself with this lack of confidence you have. Make them fear you even more by going into those sets with a positive attitude because that will totally mind **** them. Dark Peach with confidence sounds really scary to be honest.

:phone:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Dark Peach all u need to do is slap each of ur opponents every time they gay u JUST LIKE PEACH irl. And u will float strait to winner brackets like an STD in a bubble.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You're putting all this pressure on yourself Dark Peach. You should just let all of that "creator of peach" stuff go and play to have fun! People already know you're an amazing player, you made Apex bracket which says a lot. This tourney has less than half then amount of players. The people in your pool are afraid of you and are counting on you to defeat yourself with this lack of confidence you have. Make them fear you even more by going into those sets with a positive attitude because that will totally mind **** them. Dark Peach with confidence sounds really scary to be honest.

This. I haven't placed the way I used to in singles at regionals (or even most locals) for quite a long time, but I don't let that defeat me before I even sit down and play a set against a good opponent. Dark...you and I are similar in that we may not be nationally regarded as being among the best mains of our character anymore compared to our more recent comrades - but we both know that when we actually sit down, ready to play with some confidence, and simply focus...we are still considerable threats to anyone and shouldn't be slept on (except for people like Anti or Ally LOL, but hardly anyone is; just being realistic) and people know that, those who don't are only putting themselves at a greater risk of losing. Seize your performance at Apex...remember that very few players even managed to replicate that. You aren't washed up quite yet, you only are when you allow yourself to be.

If you let go of the bull**** that you're worrying about now, and legitimately walk in there with your head held high...it will be a three-way tussle between you, Pierce, and DRN in my honest opinion. Don't give them an edge before the pool even begins.

The biggest counter for a negative attitude is to figure out the opposite and repeat it in your mind.

Wrong: I was pretty good once, but now I suck.
Correct: "This is how I was, I can get there again and exceed. I just need to change *list of stuff to possibly work on*"

Wrong:
"I should have won that match *depression*"
Correct: "That was an abysmal match, but I know how they play now MUHAHAHAA! I'll take this next one."

As for nerves and anxiety, redirect your thoughts to something more constructive. Immerse yourself in thinking about what tricks or habits you might want to try. Get a battle plan ready before and while you play. Weigh the options of a stage and its risks. All these things could take a few minutes to figure out and while you were thinking about that you should not feel any anxiety at all. If done right, you will forget you even had any anxiety.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
At this point, I highly doubt anyone whole even be afraid to play me. my tourny results are not even gonna put fear in people. I was not even put up as top 5 Peach in that thread for w/e reason. (this was before I realized that thread was created) So that alone is not gonna make people fear me.

The only thing I know for sure is if I wanna make it out of this pool, I have to use that style of play I came up for myself recently. I pretty much abuse nearly all her techs at a full degree ( expect free pull which I am getting better at doing it manually). Im also able to play agressive now. My A game was never as strong as my D game. So when ever I tried or had to play aggressive I would do horrible. But I think I got it now, and my D game helps me play like that. WHich is why I fused both play styles.

I seem to be too chicken cause I have never in my life played like this before. But this is the only way Im gonna get out of this. I have to play like that. I been telling myself this for a while. Thats all I have to do. I just need to deal with this mental anxiety. Thats the only thing that is just focusing me to play matches like a coward.

Inui said he be my coach for pools. So this could help. Also I was suggested to drink water inbetween matctes. This along with this new way I have playing is something I have never done. Could also be the reason I have more fear for this tourny then I did at apex. All I have to do is rid this anxiety, thats it. and its easier said then done since this has become a problem since 2010.

hopefully inui coaching can keep me calm and I can just execute this way of playing for the first time. I'll be tuning this up at a smashfest I'll be heading out too today before sktar.

Speaking of that guess Ill advertise his stream here for those that wanna watch. He does this every friday and we usually have good players.

www.twitch.tv/Deven3000

I have some requests for some added flare in your matches.

Pierce - Peach Bomber gimp
Tyrant- Pivot Grab the nado into a butt breaker and finish with a high kick.
Shrugo- Free pull of the ledge into a dthrow and finish with a footstool.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
I have some requests for some added flare in your matches.

Pierce - Peach Bomber gimp
Tyrant- Pivot Grab the nado into a butt breaker and finish with a high kick.
Shrugo- Free pull of the ledge into a dthrow and finish with a footstool.
I'd love to see all of that in Dark's matches. See if you can make it happen best Peach!

Nordal

Smash Lord
My avi is pretty much my reaction to reading this thread. You guys realize this is like the 50th+ time the same depressing rant has been made in this thread right?

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Kyle, give me your powers of being amazing with peach. 8D

...just a tiny portion? Maybe?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just git home from Sktar. There is no words to discribe how bad I did and feel right now. Im too weak of a player to ever do good at tournies. There really isnt much I can say....

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Dark, you need to focus less on the loss, and more on how you're going to improve. :X

You'll get better! Peach is a difficult character!

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
If you're the top ranked player in AZ why are you Lv. 1?

Seems counter intuitive imo.
lol yeah it does. The level doesn't really matter xD I'm #1 and that's what counts <3

The thing is, the problem is not my character. The problem is me.
Peach is a difficult character to play and if you don't feel like your gonna play your best, it definitely shows in your matches.

Top Bottom