• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
The best part in all of this is that no matter what everyone(except really delusional people) agrees Mango is the best. /cool
Yo I love Mango as much as the next heterosexual Melee player... but I don't think he should rank number one anymore until he actually starts getting first again in tournaments. I want to see **** ****it!

I don't care if he has the potential to JV 5-stock Armada and Dr.PP... in a 2vs1... with Bowser... if he doesn't show results then it all means next to nothing.

PS - Kage ****ing owns. Hungrybox is number one.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Armada, oh cmon man, what's wrong in helping a fellow smasher if something can be done better. I try to help if I can I don't mind who it is.. if they ask then you help. It can help to break some matchups and become a better player. Why won't you want better competition anyway? =P Are you scared of losing your spot at the top?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Armada, oh cmon man, what's wrong in helping a fellow smasher if something can be done better. I try to help if I can I don't mind who it is.. if they ask then you help. It can help to break some matchups and become a better player. Why won't you want better competition anyway? =P Are you scared of losing your spot at the top?
I couldn't agree more. I was a little surprised when I saw armada say that.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I couldn't agree more. I was a little surprised when I saw armada say that.
Maybe Armada meant coaching? Idk. :confused:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Also thanks Overlord. However, for now I'm not good enough to take on the top. I'm trying to find something that would help me to reach that level and win. =P

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
LOL! your looking at one tournament where i lost to zhu en jman.. those were all momentum matches.. i might aswell beaten them.. And lets see some ntsc players come to pal first.. u have no idea in what a disadvantage we pal players are..

Btw did one player of ur region got higher then me? so that makes me better then ur whole region right? :)
I agree with the momentum thing. I easily could've lost to you tbh.

He took a low/bottom tier character to Brinstar. That's all that needs to be said.

So much for being a warrior. That's straight rainbow-vomiting gay.
Again, trolling or not, but remember when you made that thread asking why people didn't like you?

And i won a small tournament (like 25 attend and i beat Jman and the awesome Zhu) so you guys can attend tournaments here now =).
Holy **** I did something right <3

OverLord

Smash Ace
@ Ace: oh yes for sure, didn't meant that, the "rude" tone was just for emphasize. Sorry if my answer seemed a bit higher on tones.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
I think Mango is going to become some hermit in the Melee mountains and only come down for the huge tournaments or to give somebody that he sees talent in some advice

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Mango should play me right now. straight up I'll win in pichu dittos. I love you so much I really do yeah you know it.

No wow cap letters are funny. It's like holy crap there it goes again and look at howsynced everything is it's f***ed up. But yeah i'll go get to jigglypuffs and this right there is the most legit thing i've posted cause I think i'm drunk and I fell over my waterbed or off if thats' the kind of word you'd like to use but it's all cool I love you still so much you nee dto visit more and be my friend and hug me so I can cry and let it all go it isn't easy man it isn't.

you may think you know cause you're a personand all but we're all so alike and different at the same time it's crazy as h***. I mean you can understand how I lov someone more than the world but you can't understand how I can't hell or be jealous. i's cool come here everyone needs hug. I love you. In my sad apetmp(FU** SPELLING B****!) to try to make sense of feelings I may feel to relate and me like yeah it's like this.

but I don't know if we'll all understand in the end.

bair is the best player

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
I picture him sitting at this tiny little table in a cave with a low roof or something. Tattered clothes and this greasy beard. Lucky is paying him a rare visit, as he is the only one left who visits him. Their conversation starts with the small things and gradually, as Lucky is still one of the best smashers in the world, it drifts toward their shared passion of SSBM.

Lucky says tentatively, "Yo Mango, dude... you gotta come to *Pound* 53 and play teams with me. Man... y'know you should enter singles, too."
And Mango will all be like, "Yeah and who would I play?" and give him this sly look. So, Lucky kind of looks sideways and sighs, "Y'know you could win that tourney with Jiggs dud-"
Mango stands up and glares at Lucky," What did you just say fool? I don't NEED Jiggs! I can do whatever I want cuz I'm amazing as I ever was!"
"Mango... you're out of practice man. I don't even know if you could take a stock off me now." A long silence follows as Mango sits down slowly. The timer on his oven goes, letting him know his muffins are done.
"After I'm done eating a muffin... we are going to go play some Fox dittos. And my Fox is still sick as ever. Prepare for ****."
Lucky leans back apparently pleased with himself, as he smiles he says, "Bring it on man. I think you shall be the one who gets ***** here, not me. Ha!"

Moral of the story? Lucky gets JV-5 stocked.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I told you hungry-box I'd win pichu>puff it's teh truthI love you. vooka WTF? Hungry-box play more pichu he's super legit if you know what's up.

Armada

Smash Lord
metalreflectslime: nope i didn´t coaching is between matches.

Kage: Scared? No actually not but in general i don´t help against Peach most of the time becuase i can´t ( i guess i am too much one side of the thing) but i would not do it anyway.

Why teaching someone against your own char?

I know that can lead to better matches but still.

I have help so many people with other matchups so i can´t even remeber nearly how many it is.

And i think you still know i have coming to USA 3 times so :p
The first one (Genesis) 3 months after i become best in Europe.

Zhu: <3

smakis

Smash Ace
armada avoids helping people like the plague, in europe he plays in this box with black windows in order to aviod people seeing his reactions to different things, in case they actually learn something from it.

totally true story

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's precisely how it is.

Using turnips against Peach only helps Ganon a bit though. If he handles them poorly, or the Peach is better at baiting his catches+punishing accordingly, it actually puts him at more of a disadvantage. All depends on the adaptability/skill level of the Peach player. At a certain point, I'd say it's not really useful.

Armada: Du lär ju kötta honom ändå lixx, det är en helt annan sak än om jag skulle ge tips till Foxspelare eller Puffspelare :p

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
@dfox: hbox rests are only because ge relys on utilt over and over until it hits. thats random. Stitchface depends on the frame u pull the turnip so it can be manipulated and thats not random. Also once you get a turnip you are not guaranteed to hit. Armada shows how skilled and smart he is that hes got an accuracy of about 82,74% (i counted all his hits)
LOOOOOOOOL

Holy ****

Oh my god.

what the dick.

Holy ****

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH

I love this guy

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I think... I did better when I approached armada than when I didn't... maybe its because I rely on drillshine upsmash??

His fire is just so tempting. I must drillshine upsmash it...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would like to play Armada. It'd be interesting to see his playstyle.

Also, I played M2k, and I got owned. I noticed he seems to prep up in between matches, is this a mental technique you use? I'm sure it's probably something to handle extreme stress, since you do WIN tournaments. I kinda liked the way you answered my question at rom but I think I just understood wd backwards > downsmash LOL.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i played him for like an hour straight, winning zero games, and only taking 1-2 stocks each game against his peach. i played his falco decently in falco dittos, but his fox is also a monster x_________x

aniolas is also a sexy beast

you too rocky <3

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
LOL @ cactus

that's what i call a one track mind
Haha, well... playing aggressive, peach has less opportunity to set up. When armada has time to set up properly, he really is scary to approach... but when he hasn't gotten enough time there are little windows of opportunity where drill will land successfully. And then shine happens. And then he gets upsmashed. :)

<3ARmada

Armada

Smash Lord
Cactuars drillshine uppsmash is so ****ing good 10 times better than when normally people doing that

Sounds like white Kirby on brinstar is the only way out =).

Cactuar <3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes while White Kirby grabs a very optimistic fellow and that fellow then decides "I can do better" and let's him fall to his grave, alone. : [

Being alive is fun

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I can already see PP #1.. me and pkm talked about it and we both agree. =P
That makes us 2 1/2, since I can see him being the best in the US. Armada will still be better though. If PP gives him trouble, he will quickly adapt. That's his forte.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Cactuar you drill camping sonofa*****

Also can we stop calling things we don't like or disagree with gay or ***gy? It's homophobic, vile, tacky, and offensive.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
That makes us 2 1/2, since I can see him being the best in the US. Armada will still be better though. If PP gives him trouble, he will quickly adapt. That's his forte.
Hack, you make it sound like armada's suddenly learned how to beat everyone in the world since apex ;)

Sounds like what armada said before coming to pound... and before apex... and before the next pound too, i guess. Well history DOES repeat itself =P

<3 Armada

Hack

Smash Journeyman
Hack, you make it sound like armada's suddenly learned how to beat everyone in the world since apex ;)

Sounds like what armada said before coming to pound... and before apex... and before the next pound too, i guess. Well history DOES repeat itself =P

<3 Armada
I actually think he has.
Trust me, if only just this time: Armada WILL win Genesis 2/Pound 5 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom