• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
*invades thread*

Just wanted to stop by and thank Taj for this video:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiYhjriLt6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiYhjriLt6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It made my lil cuz smile. He playes M2 and he's 12.

you are now his Hero. :)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
amazing match. Hey I don't know to much but is there any use for the fact you can bair twice out of a SH like DJC the 2nd one. It makes me think of sheild pressure and maybe you bair DJC to a different move like a shadowball or side-B.

I was just thinking.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Going for two can compromise your position on the stage and leave you vulnerable to almost anything out of shield because it is a laggy l cancel. You can most likely shield poke with one and try to throw a retreating one at the most. It is very easy to trade with as well as dodge and punish though, so I wouldn't recommend overusing it on a grounded opponent.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Taj is saying that bair is basically vulnerable. On the other hand a lot of M2's moves are quite vulnerable anyways.
Optimistically, you are definitely vulnerable but only if your opponent reacts correctly, you've got options (double jump after the first bair into ______) but yeah bair, vulnerable. but that is very optimistic

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Move off the ledge (Run/Walk), Press Up B and immediately angle it toward the ledge and you'll grab it. Just don't hold down. Try practicing with Fox and Falco's up B so you understand the extent that you can move downward with your Up B and release down and grab the ledge. It's the exact same principle for Mewtwo, it just needs to be executed faster. It's also similar to Sheik's running up B sweet spot.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
*invades thread*

Just wanted to stop by and thank Taj for this video:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiYhjriLt6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QiYhjriLt6k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

It made my lil cuz smile. He playes M2 and he's 12.

you are now his Hero. :)
wait how did you hack melee like that?

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
taj which button do you use to double jump cancel? and any tips on how to do it as faster?
also incredible matches btw:bee:

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
ty, I use X > X > A > L cancel. It doesn't really matter how you do it though. You can do Y > X > A or X > Y > A, just find something that you're comfortable with and can find a good rhythm for chaining them.

Practice doing forward airs across FD, then up airs forward and reverse so you don't mess up and do forward/back airs when you want to chase with a DJC up air.

Practice doing DJC neutral airs to look cool like me, then practice going evenly between neutral > up > and forward airs.

Hope that helps. :)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Finally got a chance to watch Taj vs Lucky matches.

holy balls dtilt uair turn around wd bair?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
When you try to djc cancel perfectly, SAy a fair, but you want to go backwards, do you use C stick or just make of what you can with the DI and use a/Z?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
As long as you hold away on the first jump, you can hold forward for the second jump, and you'll still move backward a little while aerialing.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I can do it fine.

I was just curios as to how taj does it.

If he switches to Cstick he can get the full backwards DI, or does he hold back jump, jump>hold forward+A/Z, then ten continue holding back.

Thanks tho lol

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
c-stick for DJC is just... awkward... and for me practially un-doable... seriously. it's like the only time i don't use the c-stick for areials. and no i'm not gonna learn it's not like moonwalking. rotfl. if button DJC is good enough for Taj it's good enough for me haha.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So anybody trying that teleporting straight up and turning around lol?

has uses, but not anything game breaking. If you can do it consistently you can be a bit more aggressive towards the base of the stage.

ahem going under stages facing forward m2 exhibition of technical abilities cough cough.

masv

Smash Rookie
Khorsan: You only want to B-air a Fox or Falco as they're starting it. Only try to hit them with it if they're close enough to stop them as it starts or before it starts, never in the middle of it. If you know for sure they're going for the ledge, use Super Ultra Ninja Cookies and if you do it correctly, you'll beat them to it. :)
what is super ultra ninja cookies? >_>' why not more generic names? :p

masv

Smash Rookie
Move off the ledge (Run/Walk), Press Up B and immediately angle it toward the ledge and you'll grab it. Just don't hold down. Try practicing with Fox and Falco's up B so you understand the extent that you can move downward with your Up B and release down and grab the ledge. It's the exact same principle for Mewtwo, it just needs to be executed faster. It's also similar to Sheik's running up B sweet spot.
Danke very much, I had been doing it wrong. :ohwell:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Taj-Man so I been practicing. Lol Im still tight.

Fixed that little dashing problem, I had lost my ability to dash somewhere down the road.

But I **** up the downsmash more than anything in the world lol. I think that purple **** is throwin me off, I always hit with it, minus the hitbox. Tech chases be mad clean, until downsmash-keep hitting during inv frames lol.

Nothing can really be said but to practice.

But somebody try to make some **** up that I can grasp psychically and instantly be better at it.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Hey, Taj don't let my Mewtwo be better than yours! XD... (Motivation for you to send me some footage for shadowclaw IV) Yes? <3 ya Tony <3

(Btw) don't worry I didn't quit Mewtwo, I'm just on a mission with Yoshi as well to be the best Yoshi! ^^

Top Bottom