• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
I don't like M2 dittos either. I never lose em, they're just annoying. Oh, and the punishes are actually very painful, maybe not to watch, but for the specific match-up because obviously... every percentage counts.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Lol, Taj I hope you aint losin m2 dittos. and yea I meant to watch, as far as excitement goes.

I feel like I wanna do something m2 related, but I dont know what to do or to talk about?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so that kills that. I like most of them for the record.

does anybody(taj) kno if djc the WD is any different than a normal WD other than longer start up?

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
*returns from Wii* O.o i would say the start-up is the only difference. it's really kinda useless to DJC a WD. *shrugs* regular WD is faster therefore better.

lol unless you find something to do with it that'll revolutionize Mewtwo's game. >_<

Milos

Smash Lord
you can move farther but i mean most characters can reach you before the wavedash if they see you jump.

marth - spaced fair
fox - running sh nair->shine or w/e
shiek - dash attack or dash cancelled d smash
falco - running sh nair or dair. dair leaves you grounded unless you tech which you prolly will cause you're about to wavedash so you're already pressing R/L and holding away so you'll tech away most of the time.

if you use it as an approach then it's like wtf why are you approaching...

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
So I lose my second jump after I do an up-air. I've tested this with almost every character... Is this normal or some kind of isolated glitch? I've been playing for like a year now assuming it was in every copy of SSBM, but I saw someone use their second jump after doing an up-air in a video. So now I don't know what's going on.

Animal

Smash Lord
you can move farther but i mean most characters can reach you before the wavedash if they see you jump.

marth - spaced fair
fox - running sh nair->shine or w/e
shiek - dash attack or dash cancelled d smash
falco - running sh nair or dair. dair leaves you grounded unless you tech which you prolly will cause you're about to wavedash so you're already pressing R/L and holding away so you'll tech away most of the time.

if you use it as an approach then it's like wtf why are you approaching...
milosssss i played smash at your house at ROM2 soo legittt we need to play again

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I never really thought about it, but Im trying to decide how to DI sheik's down throw. Ive always just kinda played and avoided grabs, but they do happen lol. I could probably survive a couple more times with the correct DI.

Im guessing its better to take the fair at higher percents, and try to smash DI that up and in. So that means probably DI the throw away, so you dont get uair and then smash DI the fair to survive.

At lower percents, probably better to DI away then smash the fair away?

Whats your thoughts on it.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
that might work, but your fair doesn't have as much reach as sheiks, and sheik's is just as fast with slightly longer hitframes. when it comes to a D-throw from sheik I usually try to Di away and down and then tech it away. you know, that tech trick where you can go across the stage practically?? sometimes it works out lol.

@ higher %'s DIing the throw up and out and trying to get out of reach might be an option. I'm going to be sparring the sheik in my area tomarrow maybe so I'll post my thoughts on that later.

you really don't want to get grabbed by sheik though. I know that's different in PAL but it really sucks for the version over here (I don't remember what it's called >_<)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm aware of Sheiks amazingly gay grab. Anyway, I'd say a F-air isn't that bad, instead of a regrab.
Also, could teleport work? I think if F-air does the trick, you can use teleport as well. If you have the room (FD) you can DI away and then teleport away and be pretty safe.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
it's sort of iffy, depends on how fast the sheik reacts, because the teleport is a vulnerable move in the opening frames. one way or the other you need to get away. and seriously fair against fair isn't a good idea. you'll get the short end of the stick. sheik's out ranges yours. not as bad as marths but you know what i mean. get away and force an avenue for attack.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
not gonna work,

I can sometimes fair out, thats kinda like fox upthrow upair. but thats pretty much if they mess up.

its an auto combo, and tele is 2222 slow.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Kaostar- You're right, you always want to eat the forward air instead of the up air at higher percentage. DIing away is the best option. At low percentages you're better off DIing away too, because trying to cross up at all results in the sweetspot up smash or tilt combos.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
sounds good, just thought I should check. Its obvious that other ppl dont have much of an idea for specific things like that so the discussion could help everyone as well.

why is m2 sooooo tight lol?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's probably his voice and head. And tail. His feet and hands are also pretty cool. Actually, he's just cool like only Mewtw can be O_o.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
M2 looks hella tight with a full charged SB.

I think Im gonna practice some technical **** to see if I get anything out of it. Personal satisfaction counts just in case its worthless lol.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
mewtwo is probably the coolest looking character to play. he's very stylish, even moreso than sheik. he's got the moves and the tude; he is just to big and light and not powerful enough to back it up

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ive only seen amsah vs zhu, and it looked like he was playing sheik.

Ive only seen forwards sheik vs taj, and you probably guessed, I was watching tajs m2 not sheik

I think the only sheiks that are appealing to me are ones that sacrifice effectiveness for flashiness. Otherwise playing sheik is too easy. It just works and I hate that **** lol.

forward

Smash Champion
Lol I just read my first post in this thread and I thought, "what an appropriate introduction for Taj's advice thread."

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Legit question: Today I was playing my friend's Falcon. I D-throwed him (basically any percentage would work between 20-90) and he kept teching it in place. Easy enough, I could regrab. However e few times he did tech backwards on FD or some big stage. I had no clue how to follow him. I just ran at him with a Dash Attack, but he could've EASILY shielded it. How do you follow up your D-throw when they tech away from you, WITHOUT predicting it (as in start to already run that way)?

Also, my Mewtwo is improving. Yay for keeping up to date =o

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Predicting helps alot. So try to get inside your opponents head.

but simply WD back. If they tech away WD forward. If you are on point I dont think there is a character that you cant reach fast enough in this manner.

Fox generally will take 2 good forward WDs.

If you are closer to perfect in your tech chase you can do something like Djc a fair or nair.

*ur gonna want to just WD and tech chase tho, Grab if you can but most likely you will have to downtilt into something else depending on percentage.*

Work on longer WDs. You should be able to clear FD DL with 3 Dash wavedashes.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
lol, thank you. :)

Hopefully you guys will be seeing more of my Mewtwo at future events. I'm going to try to give him priority over my Marth in singles at tournaments from now on.

Top Bottom