• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
to grab all the time just hold shield and press a

whenever you are jabbing/shielding instead of grabbing you are pressing z too short of a time i believe

maybe i just really suck but i can't seem to wavedash edgehog with mewtwo when i have a fully charge sphere. do it fine when normal. Does it change his fall speed or traction?

edit: i was just doing to wrong angle

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Maybe, the knee wasn't going to kill me. I'm pretty sure he would've reverse kneed me at that position. No one notices when I **** up either, I could've ended the game before that last combo twice so... that's the way things play out.

He wins the next set anyway, so it didn't really matter.
the knee was 100% going to hit, and kill you. no question about it.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
are you guys serious? I thought Fox or Falco would be the best second.

Also a kind of not related M2 question. What sounds like a better name for a pro, Omega or Dynamo. If I ever become good I would've wanted to have my name as LordAizen but when I abbreviate it would be LAZN which looks ugly not to mention there's some pro named Azen isn't there, so it would be confusing.

Also V3ctor I've been watching your Mewtwo videos recently and they're amazing. You and Taj really inspire me :)

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
fox falco marth sheik puff. falcon. anyone good. maybe taj could explain it better but its hard to explain the m2 and secondary balance as far as MUs go. top tiers have better MUs all around so..

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Having a pocket top/Upper/High tier as a low tier main is pretty standard. If you tend to have more difficulty against specific characters, pick a character that covers that weakness well. Otherwise, just pick another solid character that fits well with your style. Most of the top/upper tiers cover the cast pretty well. Having a pocket Sheik if you have trouble with Marth/Falcon/Peach would be wise. Having a Fox/Falco for mirrors or problematic low tiers is good, too. If Jiggs is more your style, that also covers most match-ups well enough.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
First of all I'd like to say it's an honor to talk to you Taj. I'm a huge fan and I've watched many of your battles and your shadow claw videos.

Back to the topic at hand though, I've narrowed it down to Fox, Falco and Marth. Marth is a really intersting character because I really like him, his figthing style but I want a character that takes skill to use(so that automatically throws Jigglypuff out of the question lol) and Marth is almost autopilot once you learn how to space and stuff. Another thing about Marth is that he has a horrible MU against Sheik. I really like Falco alot more than Fox but I can see the advantages that Fox has over Falco, but I like Falco more as a character and in appearance. So I'm really confused as to which of the three I should second lol.

Also I just checked the new tier list and apparently Mewtwo moved up quite alot.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
if you are technical id say go spacie.

or if you will practice for hours alone just to be able to do stupid **** like dash, shield stop, shine oos, shdl repeat.

if not, marth sheik.

m2 and marth mesh well, or at least thats what I was brainwashed to think.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
are you guys serious? I thought Fox or Falco would be the best second.

Also a kind of not related M2 question. What sounds like a better name for a pro, Omega or Dynamo. If I ever become good I would've wanted to have my name as LordAizen but when I abbreviate it would be LAZN which looks ugly not to mention there's some pro named Azen isn't there, so it would be confusing.

Also V3ctor I've been watching your Mewtwo videos recently and they're amazing. You and Taj really inspire me :)
You're very kind, I appreciate it... very much... Yeah umm I advice you take any advice you can from Taj, Taj inspired me to play Mewtwo.. and him along with Axe keep me motivated to keep up my Mewtwo/Yoshi, and help me out alot..

I recommend you take any advice he gives... he's an awesome/amazing person =D

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Good news. I'm going to start recording footage for my next installment of AN-INTER-DIMENSIONAL COMBO VIDEO. This next piece will feature the other Dimensional being, Mewtwo.

Release Date: 12-12-12

You will see some new things I promise ;) and I will entertain you my way.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
So I decided to join the darkside and second Puff :(

Also Kind of off topic, does anybody know how to hack Melee, because I really want to hack mewtwo to have his armor. :)

SSBM_Sora

The Yung God
So I decided to join the darkside and second Puff :(

Also Kind of off topic, does anybody know how to hack Melee, because I really want to hack mewtwo to have his armor. :)
If you have a wii, just hack the wii and burn melee with the hacks onto a disk from a certain site that you can probably find here on smashbaords that will give you the link.

And to hack your wii, you can just use the "Twilight Princess" way.

Make sure you have home brew channel on the wii after you hack it

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
If you have a wii, just hack the wii and burn melee with the hacks onto a disk from a certain site that you can probably find here on smashbaords that will give you the link.

And to hack your wii, you can just use the "Twilight Princess" way.

Make sure you have home brew channel on the wii after you hack it
Thank you. BTW Is it dangerous?

Also on topic I'm finally getting the hang of Dash Jump Cancel. Apparently I was jumping first and then grabbing but I was supposed to grab first and then press jump right?

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Taj, why are you so hilarious? Love your commentary. Especially self-commentary on your Hyrule adventure. :) AZ people are cool (Taj, Axe, GG7, Wobbles wtf)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
FOWID

Anyways, Jiggs takes some serious spacing skills, Wobbles made a blog about it.

Top Bottom