• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taj is the best Mewtwo (Ask Taj Stuff Thread)

Marth4ever.

Smash Cadet
Oh, well. About that spammer pika, I found a way (after reading Quak's guide.) I grab him excactly before he hits and I b throw him. That goes along with the phrase "You cannot touch me, mortal". (Since Mewtwo's moveset is like a god or something)

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Your computer will probably arrive in pieces.
Well you are somewhat actually right since a piece of plastic was found broken when I ripped the box open. To bad I have to return it; I think the guy didn't expect the AZ weather + California weather to burn out some circuits/transistors/and screw with the hard drive.

Anyways I got some videos recorded.
Note: I don't play much, and when I do, I only play with my friends; maybe once every three weeks. Additionally, I'm sick right now so I didn't play very well I think. Owell enough with the johninng...

So Yeah, help me get back up on my saddle ;P
-Videos--------->

X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYhjrvbxmlw X dam thing didn't save completey...
reupload------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14bXVdkjIJ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-8O33fuow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RUbGPcTC0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKFRPchoLxo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmvUWIvA4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DS5eWpCxFs

Edit: Just regained my 999 post back; lol.
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
inb4kaos

this is general advice for all of the mewtwo matches that I watched:

you should be nairing Doc's pills, your nair will safely eat that **** right up and you won't suffer much landing lag. retreating nair in that situation is a good idea :bluejump:

also you aren't moving around enough; you're spending too much time trying to character to character beat the doc player while he's busy running circles around you and striking you @ will. you must trust the teleport. play tricky.

Also throw lots of baby shadowballs. they aren't as good as doc's pills but you can at least return fire from a proper distance.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Easy. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94728. Do you mind if I asked whether you had any experience with Mewtwo before? If you haven't, this guide is gonna be a lot helpful.
I actually don't have very much experience with Melee since I got the game a couple of months back, let my friend borrow it for a long time and just got it back yesterday. I have experience in brawl though so I pretty much know the basics but I don't know how to wave dash or L Cancel yet lol. And yeah I have no experience with Mewtwo but i want to main him in melee because it'll be rewarding overall because of how much skill it takes to be successful with mewtwo and he's like my sixth favorite pokemon :)

Marth4ever.

Smash Cadet

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is for noobs (no offense), so you better start learning how to Wavedash, L-cancel, tech, SBCC, SHFFL (very important) etc. There is a video guide on Youtube, here's the Link
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM
If you watch these and embrace Quak's guide, you'll be a Mewtwo master in no time. So start studying
:p
I'd also recommend watching some Taj Mewtwo combos.
thank you for the videos. I'll be sure to learn all that stuff soon.(I'm already decent at L Canceling )

For me it's

1. Charizard
2. Milotic
3. Scizor
4. Lugia
5. Deoxys
6. Mewtwo

Marth4ever.

Smash Cadet
@Kaostar Thanks
@LordAizen No problem and happy playing. I also added you as a friend in Brawl

I need help. Everytime I try to DJC fair m2 executes the move too late and as a result misses. Should I probably use nair instead?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was talking to taj. black mewtwo red tail= ****.

but you need to jump faster.

jump jump fair. do it as fast as you can, its possible to do it too fast but you probably won't run into that problem.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
These are the things I'm having trouble learning.

Wave Dash, Aire Wave dash or whatever it's called when you wave dash as your coming down and SHFFL. Also I'm having trouble telling if I L Cancelled or not. What's the best way to learn these techniques.

Marth4ever.

Smash Cadet
Don't worry, you're not the only one. I can't wave dash properly. The difference between whether you L-cancelled or not is very precise. There is a way to make sure you l-cancelled. With your selected character, do all the air moves with ShortHop (so you land before they end). Memorize the excact frames the character does before he goes back to the neutral state (a.k.a the lag). Now do the same, but before you land, L-cancel them. You will notice that the lag is much less than it was without the l-cancel. This is easy to notice with heavy characters (i.e. Bowser and Ganon). As for shffl, there is only one word I have to say (which matches all skills). PRACTISE.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
you need to not be nervous then lol. you must learn to do it in a match, not training mode (Wavedashing). SHFFLing is better to practice against a human too beacuse you can make adjustments for shield stun ect.

it'll take a while for the advanced techs to become second nature but you'll get there no worries :) I find that the more I think about wanting to do a WD or something the harder it is to do. I play much sexier if I'm focusing on the match

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
you need to not be nervous then lol. you must learn to do it in a match, not training mode (Wavedashing). SHFFLing is better to practice against a human too beacuse you can make adjustments for shield stun ect.

it'll take a while for the advanced techs to become second nature but you'll get there no worries :) I find that the more I think about wanting to do a WD or something the harder it is to do. I play much sexier if I'm focusing on the match
I'm barely getting the hang of wave dashing though. I've had the game since november but I rarely played it and around january I let my friend borrow it and he returned it to me 2 days ago and ever since then I've been practicing it so I'm just learning Wavedashing lol. And yeah it's true the more u think about it the harder it is to do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
imo work on wave dashing and wave landing first.

shffl is the most important adv technique in smash.

but being quite honest. you can get away without l canceling with mewtwo. at lower levels through beginning mid.

practice wave dashing into attacks and such. the closer to horizontal your stick is when you wave dash or land the farther you will go.

should be able to clear dreamland in 4 wds.

forward

Smash Champion
I had this idea for Mew2. What if he didn't go into that special fall after his up b? I would love to see teleport into shadow claw combos. Then with his forward b, you could control it to hit far away in front of him. It would be like Yoshi's egg, you hold the button longer and when you let go the spark appears and picks the person up.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I had this idea for Mew2. What if he didn't go into that special fall after his up b? I would love to see teleport into shadow claw combos. Then with his forward b, you could control it to hit far away in front of him. It would be like Yoshi's egg, you hold the button longer and when you let go the spark appears and picks the person up.
its been a dream of mine. I saw magus hack some ganon moves.

I think at minimum we could add reflect to confusion and take the special fall and take away landing lag.

id have a version where mewtwo is the only thing hacked lol....some day.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
project melee ngas!

[hopefully.]

Marth4ever.

Smash Cadet
If up+b had to be better, I would prefer it like this:
Reflection and 2-3% damage before and after he disappears
No landing lag
No free fall, but only A moves allowed
Longer distance

What do you think??

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
in melee, everyone who had a momentum-up b had freefall afterwards. In Brawl, Snake, ROB, GW, and Sonic have no freefall after their up b, which was just a little trend.

Mewtwo's teleport is just that- a warp. It's not quick attack, it's Teleport. If it was too fast it might be impossible to change the direction, which is the strength of the teleport vs quick attack/agility. There's no reason for it to do damage.

I just hate how it has landing lag if you don't end it in the air/ledge cancel.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
taj I was watching your set with gg7, pretty good ****. I thought one of those grab releases woulda got em lol.

I was wondering if you ever switch up and sh bair through falcons shield and late nair or d tilt or grab when he is at higher percents.

sometimes I throw em out there but ill wd or walk into a turnaround bair or a pivot from a dash.

at higher percents sometimes its worth a trade and people are always expecting tilt or grab.

if they try to bair oos you can shield and punished since it will be poorly spaced and sometimes the tilt/nair gets em or if they stay shielding you can grab.

and the quick switch always seems to throw people off if they are DD. they can rarely predict that range. just bair is mad weak lol so they gotta be higher in percent.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Maybe, the knee wasn't going to kill me. I'm pretty sure he would've reverse kneed me at that position. No one notices when I **** up either, I could've ended the game before that last combo twice so... that's the way things play out.

He wins the next set anyway, so it didn't really matter.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Alright i'm getting the hang of wavedashing but I have a slight problem. Whenever I wavedash into a grab some times it does a jab instead. Another problem is everytime I try to do the jump grab cancel thing I always so a Nair.

Top Bottom