• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hot$

Smash Ace
what do you need internet for
I personally don't need it. To answer your question, but others may.

But think about it, everything in today's world is connected to the internet, the fact that the "classy" hotel is charging for such a every day thing, I find to be slightly too much.

rhan

Smash Hero
I definitely have a social life outside of Smash Bros.

But in all seriousness.

I have a friend going to this who has an EVO. Soooooo I'll just use his shyyt as a modem.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Just a note to anyone who is driving and is staying at the venue, its 17$ a day to park there. :(
Fancy hotels charge for everything, also I believe the wifi is not free as well. [/
SIZE]

edit:: I was looking at the wrong Hyatt, correction . To anyone is driving up, parking is valet only 25$ a day, and the wifi is not free. :(

thats a bummer....i hate when "nice" hotels dont give the **** basic ones do for free. so backwards. ill ask what the fee is tomorrow

pockyD

Smash Legend
well while you're thinking a $200 room MUST include internet, I'm also wondering why if you're paying $200 for a room, it matters that internet is an extra $10

just a drop in the ocean

why do you need the internet when you're kickin' it with 300 of the coolest people ever

rhan

Smash Hero

Lobos

Smash Master
There is also other parking garages/lots in the area near by for cheaper.....or if you want to park for free, park in the neighborhood close by LOL although its alittle walk I may just do that myself or just get a ride/take the metro to the hotel

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah i mean...i won't really need my car all that much. is there food inside the hotel at all? cause if so, i won't be needing the car from friday to monday lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
There are restaurants and **** inside but they are at hotel prices. There are things within walking distance tho if Im not mistaken. Word on the block is chipotle is .4 miles away.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah i mean...i won't really need my car all that much. is there food inside the hotel at all? cause if so, i won't be needing the car from friday to monday lol.
theres 2-3 diff restaurants inside the hotel and a coffee chop and a cinnabar. walking distance to the hotel is tons of other ****. i wont even be bringing my car to the venue, im just parking at a metro station or near one and taking the metro down since its so cheap/convenient by metro and i wont need my car for the weekend since everything is close. others could think about doing this as well

at least people dont have to pay $15/person to get shuttled from the airport and $15 to get back like they did last year.

Palpi

Smash Hero
theres 2-3 diff restaurants inside the hotel and a coffee chop and a cinnabar. walking distance to the hotel is tons of other ****. i wont even be bringing my car to the venue, im just parking at a metro station or near one and taking the metro down since its so cheap/convenient by metro and i wont need my car for the weekend since everything is close. others could think about doing this as well

at least people dont have to pay $15/person to get shuttled from the airport and $15 to get back like they did last year.
My bro lives in DC, he said the metro stop is very close to the venue...so it shouldn't be a problem for people coming in from DC airports.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
So if the hotel discount ends after the 19th, How much is it going to cost to book it after?
I got the discount last year two days before leaving because I complained to them on the phone, but I don't know how that'll work out this year.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
palpi yep, and even better there is a shuttle that goes directly from metro station to venue nonstop lol

The_Doug

Smash Ace
Mmm...Chipotle is way too good. A definite must go for the Europeans and other out-of-staters who aren't blessed with one in the area.

Would be cool to have some kind of mass gathering afterwards there or maybe they do a pickup/delivery deal by the box.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Mmm...Chipotle is way too good. A definite must go for the Europeans and other out-of-staters who aren't blessed with one in the area.

Would be cool to have some kind of mass gathering afterwards there or maybe they do a pickup/delivery deal by the box.
maybe i could get us a discount deal in bulk LOL

WatchYourRadar

Smash Apprentice
From working with Chipotle in the past, if you give them a good enough reason, they will give you a bulk burrito deal for sure. They are very good at that kind of thing.

rhan

Smash Hero
Rhan, that's the wrong Hyatt. The venue is at the Crystal City Hyatt ^___^

Just a fyi ;)
Ahhhh you see. That helps..

Cuz when I looked into all that. It ****ing blows.

And here's your reason to be more excited for this then Marvel.

This isn't going to suck.

huMps

Smash Ace
i wanna see team dark spectre/ silent rain! best team ever, and once is enough for it to become pound tradition.

Oh and HDL - you putting that bad a$$ link into an international bracket is the excitement. Come on man focus lol

rhan

Smash Hero
2 things:

-There will be too much hype that the room can handle.
-Bring a HDMI cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom