• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
no, get hype for twitter updates like Genesis BAYBAY

i'm kinda glad no stream, nothing compares to genesis sporatic twitter updates, that thread was 10x faster than this one has beeen
sooooooo hype

MasterC

Smash Ace
no, get hype for twitter updates like Genesis BAYBAY

i'm kinda glad no stream, nothing compares to genesis sporatic twitter updates, that thread was 10x faster than this one has beeen
sooooooo hype
amen, way more hype and leaves room for imagination xD

i kinda felt that you play mewtwo and your opinion is invalid
i only wish i could be there to put money on this haha

Lobos

Smash Master
I mean yea MD/VA is understandable. But thats not the biggest issue there. There are a ton of pools with like..2-3 people from the same region and I'm sure they don't have enough players coming from those regions to fill all the pools up.
I mean dividing the pools up by skill is important, but dividing them up by region is even more important.
Not if its 1st round pools....any good T.O. knows that you seperate from

skill > region > crews

The only exception would be those traveling from OOC. In any case these pools aren't finalized cuz we don't know who is gonna sign up at the door or how many.

Fun fact: This is the most of md/va that has signed up for melee since like.......pound 3 lol good ****

Ny/Nj is slacking in both games

NC and the rest of the south is coming thru

Midwest/Canada is also

WC sucks the balls

Iliad

Smash Lord
I have to write a quiz regarding the sizing of conduit, wire size and insulation, fuse size, busway length, and the canadian electrical code rules today. In a class that isn't doing any midterms or exams, but 10 quizzes throughout.

I'm not going to be able to pay attention for this at ****ing all. I could barely sleep last night. I'M PUMPED FOR POUND.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont like that my OP was changed by someone else without my permission with 2 days to go before my tournament. someone gettin punched

*stares at chibo*

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
ahhh ****. do i smell some power stone at pound 5?

now i need to go burn powerstone 2 again loooool i lost my old copy.
LMAO my copy was burned also but I have to get more Blank CD's because my copy is scratched up.

BOY IM TELLIN YOU YOU DONT WANT IT.
WHATCHU GOT ON THIS WANGTANG SUPER SAYAIN?

seriously tho, if people want it, I will bring my Dreamcast with powerstone, mvc1, mvc2, sonic adventure 2, power stone 1 and a few other amazing games.

I already have 4 controllers, and everything unlocked on most of my games.
The only thing I would like to see is Power stone 2 (possibly 1) but I wasn't good at MVC 1 or 2 and definitely will not be good at 3.

The problem is now we need a TV and I could just bring mine from the house but I'm getting that free parking and thats a pretty big walk with a heavy TV from my car to the hotel....lol
Ok, Ima need to know where the powerstone is going to be. Shiz sounds hype
**** will probably be poppin off in my room unless plank lets me snag us Snag a TV inside the venue...would be extra hype

lol i really want to know if i should bring my dreamcast and Power Stone 2. Get some SUPER SERIOUS DOUBLES going in PS2
PS2 DOUBLES!!!! SO HYPE! I play on them pro rules though

doubles
5 power stones
no extra items
damage ratio=1
no timer.

OMG

can we be bffs? :awesome:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YE!...are you coming to pound?

dammit alan
agreed

are you ****ing joking?? ME 3rd seed in this pool...?
why should you get 3rd seed? you haven't done anything notable in tourney besides MLG where you rode the DQ train to pass like 3 rounds.

new page, u still a dumfk
Kaffei Why?

you post all hardbody and then people see your little a** and the venue and be like "THIS IS THE DUDE FROM SMASHBOARDS?"

true keyboard warrior

UchihaJP

Smash Ace
Pleaseeeeeeee let there be Melee livestreammmmmmm

Do everything in your power to make this happen we beg of youuuuuuuuuu.

Even if its a small laptop with a webcam or anything =o.......

Laijin

Smash Hero
Not if its 1st round pools....any good T.O. knows that you seperate from

skill > region > crews

The only exception would be those traveling from OOC. In any case these pools aren't finalized cuz we don't know who is gonna sign up at the door or how many.

I disagree. Skill should come second when dividing up pools. It shouldn't matter if you're a lot better than everyone else. If you get put in the same pool as 2 other people from your region when there is a clearly space for them to go elsewhere, who would honestly want that? I'm pretty sure more people would prefer to play players who they have never played before/often than someone who they play and see very often/every single tournament they attend.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I disagree. Skill should come second when dividing up pools. It shouldn't matter if you're a lot better than everyone else. If you get put in the same pool as 2 other people from your region when there is a clearly space for them to go elsewhere, who would honestly want that? I'm pretty sure more people would prefer to play players who they have never played before/often than someone who they play and see very often/every single tournament they attend.
Tournaments are a competition. You shouldn't get an advantage over other people because your friends are good at the game. Yes, usually you can seed by region and skill fine but if something comes up skill should always take priority over region. Otherwise you are giving unfair advantages to certain players over others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom