• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I really want to Phil but I am really short on cash right now. I have to pay Chu $50 again because he is housing me. I can't afford the extra $15 to enter singles.

*Sigh* I need a job

@Plank: Thanks =)

Dam hbox, just because a bunch of stupid fks say that you have an ugly jiggs, u're gonna let that get to u and play gey? no no stick to your **** jiggs.
The hail? Wouldn't it be cheaper, and better to split a 4-people room AT the venue?

Chu, not cool man.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
like i said before, anyone who was going to stay with chu PLEASE pm me, we will figure something better out for you :)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Chu used to throw our teams matches with Azen and Chillin and then split the money between the three of them. At a house tournament for like $5...

Also, team with me Kels!

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
ur gonna stay wit chu for 50 bux??

WTF O_O

my house is right next to his and u can stay for free for all i care...xD

my mom will be like (who is your friend? is he hungry?) xD
This, though if you charge enough people a moderate amount of money, you can afford pound :p

If you let me spend the night tonight I'll donate to the boss 4 pound fund.

I might be able to talk my folks into letting people stay at my place... not close to the venue at all, but it IS very close to the metro which pound is accessible to. (When i say close, I mean literally down the street)
Prolly'd be free but you'd be forced to play minus with me. :awesome:

boss8

Smash Hero
This, though if you charge enough people a moderate amount of money, you can afford pound :p

If you let me spend the night tonight I'll donate to the boss 4 pound fund.

I might be able to talk my folks into letting people stay at my place... not close to the venue at all, but it IS very close to the metro which pound is accessible to. (When i say close, I mean literally down the street)
Prolly'd be free but you'd be forced to play minus with me. :awesome:
ill talk to you when i see u brah....

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Kaffei, I'd easily pick you up and drive you for like 5-10 bucks depending on how outta the way you are. And like...I'd house you for like 5 bucks a day @___@. You're getting abused financially.

But I'm not offering housing at this point in time. I am offering rides for people along my way.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol first me, now sharky...

Upstate New York: Poorest smash region on earth, but we will money match you in anything, at any time, for anything.

That being said, in addtion to myself, I know for a fact that Pikapika! will be taking brawl money matches, too. As well as Blazblue money matches.

and if I get a bunch of practice in before this (which probably wont happen since ill be practicing brawl) MvC3 money matches as well. Maybe even some SSf4 money matches if im feeling lucky.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea son

accepting eating MM challenges from seagull and v3ctorman. XD

also goggles: I'm sure san's played that game that whoever randomly challenged you to lol

Kaffei

Smash Hero

WTF O_O

omg rly?? free?? are you serious
can i come by like friday

actually id rather stay at chu's house still for $20 cus his couch is sooooooooooooo comfortable.. beats my bed @ home
that is unless boss has a better couch

@ everyone else bashing chu: He doesn't charge a lot for his tourneys at all they are like $5 entry fee so stop being mean to him.. he just charges a lot for housing

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro

@ everyone else bashing chu: He doesn't charge a lot for his tourneys at all they are like $5 entry fee so stop being mean to him.. he just charges a lot for housing
He charges a lot for rides, too sometimes. It's kinda my fault though lol
I spoiled him for a while lol

ChuDat said:
Come on Korn, if this is about money then I can understand. I charge
people for rides and stuff so that less and less people would want
to go with me to a tournament (and it worked, obviously). I charge
people all the time. I don't want to be stepped on and taken
advantage of. I'm a really nice guy, you just have to get to know
me.

Here's a story of what changed my life -
My friend calls me up and he's like
Dopey: Yo whats good ****a
Me: Nm whats up
Dopey: I need you to buy me alchohol since I am underage.
Me: Sure man

So I go to the nearest 7-11 by my house and I meet up with Dopey
back at my place. I give him the alchohol. He just takes it from me,
doesn't say thankyou, nothing. He just grabbed it and left.

After this, I was never nice about giving rides to people. I know
people don't want to pay the consequence for my dumb friend Dopey,
but I like it like this. It's less things to worry about and I never
have the feeling that someone is taking advantage of me. After all,
I am VERY naive. You could lie to me and I wouldn't even notice. I
am too trustworthy. Because of my Naiveness, I am cheap about money.
Copy/pasted from chapter 1 of the ChuDat chronicles

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

actually id rather stay at chu's house still for $20 cus his couch is sooooooooooooo comfortable.. beats my bed @ home
that is unless boss has a better couch

We're not putting him on blast for his tournaments. We're just putting him on blast for the fact that he charges people money for housing and we plan on doing this by boycotting his tournaments. The entry fees at the tournaments by themselves isn't relevant to boycotting his tournaments.

idea

Smash Master

WTF O_O

lol, that's what housing should be like.

He charges a lot for rides, too sometimes. It's kinda my fault though lol
I spoiled him for a while lol
i might get one of those capture cards. i guess i'll ask if i see you there. i'm not gonna be hanging around in the brawl section though so we'll see =P

clowsui

Smash Legend
We're not putting him on blast for his tournaments. We're just putting him on blast for the fact that he charges people money for housing and we plan on doing this by boycotting his tournaments. The entry fees at the tournaments by themselves isn't relevant to boycotting his tournaments.
uhhh i charge(d) people money for housing, what's so immoral about this again?

you're using my facilities/eating food at my house/etc. and i don't deserve to be compensated for utility fees/food fees?

i mean my mom wanted me to charge because she didn't want to be burdened by all of the extra utilities stuff, and if she didn't want me to i wouldn't have charged but i saw the logic in it

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
uhhh i charge(d) people money for housing, what's so immoral about this again?

you're using my facilities/eating food at my house/etc. and i don't deserve to be compensated for utility fees/food fees?

i mean my mom wanted me to charge because she didn't want to be burdened by all of the extra utilities stuff, and if she didn't want me to i wouldn't have charged but i saw the logic in it
this. But overpricing is wrong lol

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea son

accepting eating MM challenges from seagull and v3ctorman. XD

also goggles: I'm sure san's played that game that whoever randomly challenged you to lol
Can it be hot wings like at buffalo wild wings :)?

No more burgers. My heart can't take it :c.

Also, did you want to do that MM Wolf vs Yoshi :3?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
133 entrants for singles for brawl. So...using my mathematics:

133/6=Not an even number, but 32 is an even number so one pool will have seven in it for first round of pools. 22 pools with 1 pool of 7.

132/2=66 entrants leftover after first round of pools. To keep a 32 man bracket (I assume if 2nd round of pools are played) then two pools would have 7 man pools 2nd round making a perfect 32 man bracket. 11 pools total in 2nd round of pools.

Is this basically how pools will work for pound 5 based on my calculations or will an obscure number be used for pools count?

This is all assuming the top 3 make it out of pools for 1st and 2nd round of pools.

rhan

Smash Hero
Boss with that Southern hospitality.

In 7 days around this time. I'll be in Arlington. I'm so hype!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
1 or 2 extra people are staying with you for 3 days is enough of a impact on utilities that you have to charge them for it? LOL hard knocks.

Rumikun

Smash Apprentice
For people bashing chu on his $50 housing fee, look at this. It's called supply and demand. At first, the price was $15. Then it was $30. Now it's $50. He is getting a lot of people so of course supply and demand would take effect. He has a lot of people staying at his house who are FINE with the price. He isn't taking advantage of people if people are WILLING to pay that much.

Staying at the hotel is $100 a person so like, why the f*** not?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
dont feel the troll

anyone planning on staying with chu can pm me for a much better deal as i previously stated <3

so....

whos gonna play the project m tourney? just curious. i know i am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom