• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3- RaynEx, Unknown522, San!!!! July 24 2010

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
PSH... I beat you in bracket that day...

also, im going to be nice to you and warn you ahead of time, keep your eyes on the clock brah. =P
Aight, I'll give you that, but you hid behind MK lol.

And thanks for the heads up, as bad as it sounds I probably would've forgotten about the clock again -_-

iRJi

Smash Champion
Well our main priority will be to finish the tournament obviously so if there time left we'll do a side event but dont expect anything.
o_o. Is this like a mini version of my tournament rules?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
*Nope's No BS Rule: By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.
i was all for going but wtf is this >_>

that just seems unnecessary and sketchy because its like giving away all my rights to go to.... a video game tournament??? LOL

clowsui

Smash Legend
@orion it's what MLG does, nope took it straight from MLG legal sheet

nope also purposely left it very long and explicit to stop jason + OOS top players from preventing their vids released to the public and to make it hilarious

not that it matters cause nope and fonz take centuries to release their vids anyways (<3 you guys if you read this jus sayin)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
this isnt mlg, this isnt sponsored as far as i know in the same manner and im sure there arent as many people, as much hype, and as much potential legal problems that could happen.

and lol if m2k didnt want his vids up i really dont see whats the problem with that. its his personal image so to speak

Sharky

Smash Master
it's not like we're gonna film your every move and post it on youtube for the world to see or anything, I'm sure cura just included it to ensure matches get posted. Cura if you could elaborate I'm sure orion would appreciate though

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
this isnt mlg, this isnt sponsored as far as i know in the same manner and im sure there arent as many people, as much hype, and as much potential legal problems that could happen.

and lol if m2k didnt want his vids up i really dont see whats the problem with that. its his personal image so to speak
I kinda dont understand the logic here. Rather the event is sponsored or not sponsored, 1000 people or 10 people, hype or no hype if you snap a picture or a video or someone without their written consent and upload it or use for other reasons there could be legal consent or other issues.

Id like to remind you that this really isnt just a tournament. Its a memorial tournament for bry so i am expecting a lot of picture to be taken of people with them knowing and perhaps with them not knowing and the rule i have posted about it is pretty much just saying that i will be taking picture and videos and using them in things rather it be a montage video of the tournament, facebooking it, posting it in the forum, for youtube, future events, etc. We in the upstate community and perhaps surronding communities that know bry would probably like to look back on events like this and reflect on the time we've share and spent together.

Im sorry if you dont like the rules, and i hope you can grasp a better understanding of this, but its not changing

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
don't worry ssbb fan, i don't practice brawl much. i just want to do it for the fun and i think if we have our heads in the right place we can beat anyone (it's brawl after all!) so we can see what hapens at the tourny ^.^

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I agree with mana! Mind set is the number 1 most important thing!

Edit: Wait, What if 2 teams have the same mindset! who wins?! What iff all the teams have the same mind set!?!? :o!!! this is going to be da bess tourney eva!

No video streaming websites seem to support my recording device, so I can't stream online easily. There's some complicated stuff I could learn how to do, but I know I'm guaranteed to ruin everything. I would be better off recording with what I have now, and it'll be in much better quality on youtube. Could anyone else stream with their equipment?

I could record it in near lossless quality (deinterlace it in .wmv format (because ustream doesn't seem to be able to suppor H.264 encoded .mp4 files)) and while I'm splitting videos, I can stream wheat I recorded the day after I get home? Would that be too much of a delay if I can't stream the day of? I don't know. Random ideas.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Doesn't Cura have streaming equipment?

I think the only question would be... does this place have wifi so a stream is an option?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I have livestream covered thanks for the help guys. Pricing will be up either today or tomorrow.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this just in, Angel is teaming with his brothers Mk for doubles at this. His brother I would say is almost as good as him, so thats going to be a really solid team to look out for.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Alright ya'll, new update, and I'm back where I'm at before!

My folks are the best in the world, no lie. They're willingly letting me take a "sick day" from work to come to the tourney, they both agreed to it. XD **** is beast! Now I'mma talk to Sun! again and see what he can do about changin' work days from the tourney, so now it's all on his shoulders if we go or not. Cuz I got no ride otherwise. XD

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Looks like people from every region nearby except Mass are coming to this tourney.

How many people can this venue fit again?

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
don't worry ssbb fan, i don't practice brawl much. i just want to do it for the fun and i think if we have our heads in the right place we can beat anyone (it's brawl after all!) so we can see what hapens at the tourny ^.^
awesome! and yea your right, fun is the most important thing. are you going to the smashfest next week by any chance?

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Just checked travel times from where I live on Long Island & from Buffalo. From LI it's going to be about 5 hours to Syracuse, so yeah, I'm not going to be able to make it. =/

BUT, from Buffalo it's a much more reasonable 2 hours & 45 minutes, (or a little over three on the Amtrak coupled with a short walk/ride from the Amtrak station) from the and it's essentially a straight road, so provided Syracuse Smash Tournaments persist into the fall and after, you may see me at some future events. This tournament looks like it's going to be sick, best of luck to all you guys.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
I hope there are more Syracuse tourneys too since I never knew we had any over here (yea...Im slow XD)but that sucks Tomato, hope you make it next time.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I hope there are more Syracuse tourneys too since I never knew we had any over here (yea...Im slow XD)but that sucks Tomato, hope you make it next time.
Thanks. I'll have to see what the deal at Buffalo is. Apparently there's a Smash Club on my campus, which is extremely convenient, so when the time comes & if things work I'll, I may be able to host my own tournaments there, or at the very least partake in ones going on at that time there.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
There will be a Syracuse 4 I along with my TOs will make Syracuse events bigger and better everytime :)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
. Its a memorial tournament for bry so i am expecting a lot of picture to be taken of people
thats good enough for me some people just post rules like that for no reason and i would rather not show

ill def try and make this if that bus thingy that was posted in the NJ thread was true i need a partner though

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Also, i dont know about other regions. but here in NYS we have a reputation for most people showing up to the tourney with out a partner, so if you dont have one by the day of the tourney, dont sweat it, Itll be easy to find one at the venue.
Quoted for total truth.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
There will be a Syracuse 4 I along with my TOs will make Syracuse events bigger and better everytime :)
Sounds like a plan, man. You better work it around my schedule :laugh:

Shouldn't be too hard. I won't be working in Buffalo (at least not for the first year - I've stockpiled a lot of money from working this past year), and between having only like, 15 hours of class a week, I'll have a lot of free time. Some of which will certainly be dedicated to Smash.

I just need to find a travel buddy when I get up there.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
thats good enough for me some people just post rules like that for no reason and i would rather not show

ill def try and make this if that bus thingy that was posted in the NJ thread was true i need a partner though
I could team with you if you came. You can play me on wifi to see if I'm "worthy." Let me know what's up.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Orion and jamesg would probably be extremely good sense orion is the top gayness at the moment.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont even use sonic on wifi except for rare circumstances.

Like knowing that lag is gonna allow me to time someone out.

Now that I think about it. That does make me a lol wifi sonic doesnt it?

lawl

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
So apparently Burger The King is coming. I talked to him and he thought I said July 4th, but I guess you can make him confirmed.

I don't know, I'm really confused right now...

Top Bottom