• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3- RaynEx, Unknown522, San!!!! July 24 2010

Anyone got a projector they can bring? Preferably one with component, S-video, or composite cable inputs. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a stage set up for finals games. Also, is there a white wall at the venue, or whoever has the projector, would it also be possible to bring a white screen?

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Anyone got a projector they can bring? Preferably one with component, S-video, or composite cable inputs. I'm wondering if it's possible to make a stage set up for finals games. Also, is there a white wall at the venue, or whoever has the projector, would it also be possible to bring a white screen?
hmm, well. I remember my step dad buying something called a zoom box which is a projector with composite support but sadly no white screen, im willing to bring the projector though

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
**** maybe. Just bring it. It won't hurt I promise.

PS there's pictures of the venue in the first post, the walls are white :p
lol it's not that I don't want to bring it, I just thought it wouldn't be able to fit in the trunk of my dad's car >_< but yea I can bring a small one
Edit: ok so I can bring the projector too then since it's white. just to make sure though its only for the final? or do you guys have anything else in mind for using it?

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'm sad to say, yet again, that I will not be able to make it to the tourney. ;-; Unless there is someone that comes in to cover weekends within the next two weeks, that I can train enough to take care of one Saturday, there's no way I can make it. .-. It's all the timing for the events, and I know that it's set to make sure everything gets done on time and what not. It's just my unfortunate luck, I'm afraid, ehehe. Happens all the time. I don't know, maybe something will come up. I'll keep ya'll updated if there is or not, will do what I can to make it, but as always, no guarantees.

I may be entering Melee teams. Who here plays an aggressive Fox/Falcon? I play a campy Peach in teams.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You could team with beta. Hes pretty good in teams and fairly aggressive

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
actually that reminds me, anyone here need a partner for Brawl Doubles? I play an aggresive Mario and my gimping+combos could come in handy i'm more of an aerial attacker if your looking for more specifics but I can do ground aswell (just not as good, but still ok) lol. Its probably the last choice people would pick since he's low but I might aswell try and find someone. also, I have no preference in characters except maybe Ganon and Jigz. all depends on skill really

as for melee doubles im not sure who I'm good with but Again, I use Mario, and sometimes Pikachu

Edit- I use Toon Link as a secondary in Brawl aswell

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Wow another syracuse player! =0 Have you ever been to our weekly smashfest/any events? We'll have plenty before this tourney.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Wow another syracuse player! =0 Have you ever been to our weekly smashfest/any events? We'll have plenty before this tourney.
Me? no this is my first time going to an offline tourney (and local in general) and yea I heard about the smashfest's haven't gone to one yet but once I see a date you can count me in!

EDIT
I noticed I'm not in the setups section so I want to confirm this
1 TV, 1 Wii, 1 Brawl, 1 Melee, 1 Projector

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ok, so I'm sad to say, yet again, that I will not be able to make it to the tourney. ;-; Unless there is someone that comes in to cover weekends within the next two weeks, that I can train enough to take care of one Saturday, there's no way I can make it. .-. It's all the timing for the events, and I know that it's set to make sure everything gets done on time and what not. It's just my unfortunate luck, I'm afraid, ehehe. Happens all the time. I don't know, maybe something will come up. I'll keep ya'll updated if there is or not, will do what I can to make it, but as always, no guarantees.
come oooon zhenaki you can make it this time just do iiiiiiit!!!!!

you can come to oswego the day before and we can practice and i give you tons of tips then we can drive down to cuse together. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. make it happen somehow man :chuckle:

also, epsilon, you shoulda got at me sooner... IN 2008 LOLOLOL i loved teaming with peaches and was exclusively aggressive fox falcon then LMAO so good

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
SSBB fan there are plenty of people still with out a doubles partner to my understandings. (sharky,james g, XXX,O.M.R, x13mako, vibe, eevee and others) some of these people play wifi as well you should try and get in contact with some and maybe play some games together to see if you guys work out. i will also add you to the setup list i appreciate all that your able to bring.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Maybe you should make a section on the OP for hyped MMs or matches in general people are gonna want to see. xD

Iunno, just think it'll give a little more attraction to this tourney.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Need a partner....preferably a MK good at planking. I also want someone on my level.

Thanks.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
well this is just great, apparently my little cousin thought it would be fun to write all over my brawl disc, he's still young so I can't get mad at him but now I gotta get a new brawl game this weekend. and to top it off, I may be screwed for finding a partner for doubles, FML this is costing me too much time..=/

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Jeez it's like every person who I've never heard of is going to this one

Oh, and put me on that "attendance" list. ;D

And a suggestion for a side event if you decide to do one: A Brawl tournament where you may only use one hand to play...! O_O

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
come oooon zhenaki you can make it this time just do iiiiiiit!!!!!

you can come to oswego the day before and we can practice and i give you tons of tips then we can drive down to cuse together. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. make it happen somehow man :chuckle:
Dude, man, I so wish I could. There needs to be someone that can cover me for Saturday morning. I can't take it off unless someone covers, and so far, I'm the only available person to cover. -_- I don't know, there is a very, and I cannot stress that enough, -very- slim chance I might be able to get the day off. If I can, then hell yeah I'm going. I figure this, Mana, these plans are ONLY if I get Saturday off.

I get off work at 12 PM Friday, noon in other words. What I can do is after that, depending on when you're home, I can take a bus down to Oswego or something, and stay the night with you. Go to the tourney with you Saturday, but then I have no way back home Saturday night for work Sunday.

That's all I got so far. -_- But if I get Saturday off, and Sun! can do the same, then traveling is set. It's just like, me getting that day off. x.x

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
And a suggestion for a side event if you decide to do one: A Brawl tournament where you may only use one hand to play...! O_O
I call Wiimote only tournament.
B-T-K is on the fence, but I'll try to get him to come.

Also: 1337-ZERO VS. GOGGLES MM CONFIRMED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!!

Total MM wins in Syracuse Smash:

13370: 1
Goggles: Styled 0n

ENTRY FEE TO WITNESS STILL TBD

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
kk zhen, sounds good. hopefully that slim chance will work in our favor this time, sometimes they do! I used to be in your exact position man, NEVER being able to go to tournies despite having the strongest intentions. and then I went to them pretty often when I could and had the means and now I can basically pick and choose which tournies I go to. Once you start you don't stop xD

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Okay, I just played Brawl Minus. I gotta say, this would be the best side event ever. It's amazing. This game is total broken. I love it. It's fantastic.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sounds good better move fast! available teammates are going fast.
Need a partner....preferably a MK good at planking. I also want someone on my level.

Thanks.
well this is just great, apparently my little cousin thought it would be fun to write all over my brawl disc, he's still young so I can't get mad at him but now I gotta get a new brawl game this weekend. and to top it off, I may be screwed for finding a partner for doubles, FML this is costing me too much time..=/
As far as doubles is concerned...

Cura and San are teaming together, and im teaming with pikapika! So unless some really good out of state people show up, the top two spots are already locked up. So dont worry about it so much people.

Also, i dont know about other regions. but here in NYS we have a reputation for most people showing up to the tourney with out a partner, so if you dont have one by the day of the tourney, dont sweat it, Itll be easy to find one at the venue.

Also, james, I suggest you hook up with this dude john(numbers) hes apparently a solid lucario these days despite having the corniest smash tag ive ever heard.
That, and double lucario is beast.

Jeez it's like every person who I've never heard of is going to this one

Oh, and put me on that "attendance" list. ;D

there will be no side events. running brawl and melee 1s and 2s is already very ambitient for a one day tourney event.

I call Wiimote only tournament.
B-T-K is on the fence, but I'll try to get him to come.

Also: 1337-ZERO VS. GOGGLES MM CONFIRMED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT!!!

Total MM wins in Syracuse Smash:

13370: 1
Goggles: Styled 0n

ENTRY FEE TO WITNESS STILL TBD
PSH... I beat you in bracket that day...

also, im going to be nice to you and warn you ahead of time, keep your eyes on the clock brah. =P

Okay, I just played Brawl Minus. I gotta say, this would be the best side event ever. It's amazing. This game is total broken. I love it. It's fantastic.

Its super fun. maybe somebody could bring a friendly setup for it or something. But remember, making sure the tournament finishes on time is the most important factor.

altairian

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind a B- side event. Although I may not have money to enter anything lol ><

But to reinforce goggles point, the main tourneys obviously take precedence. If we finish really fast we can set up a side event at the end for people that want to stick around.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Well our main priority will be to finish the tournament obviously so if there time left we'll do a side event but dont expect anything.

SSBBFan1300

Smash Cadet
Its not so much finding a partner that worries but It would be better If I could practice with them, instead of meeting them and just pushing my luck. if it does come to that though then I will

Top Bottom