• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Syracuse Smash 3- RaynEx, Unknown522, San!!!! July 24 2010

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
if its in cuse and you live in cuse you GOTTA go =)

also, this venue seems suspicious. this might attract a decent amount of people, the place will get trashy and real rowdy. sure we won't be kicked out?

Sanu

Smash Champion
suspicious? what do you mean haha, can't be any worse than the ss2 venue rip bry

i guess ill have to check out the venue website

altairian

Smash Lord
Cura and the owner of the place have been in contact and the owner knows what the event is and what to expect if I'm not mistaken. Don't worry about the venue just worry about hype!

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
From the sound of things, hype is exactly what Mana is worried about.

Unfortunately, I have some bad news. Upon further consideration, I've realized that destroying priceless works of art actually sounds like it might be fun. Now that my hopes have been dashed (thanks to Cura :mad:) I see little reason to attend. Hope you all have fun anyway.

JK!!! WHY ISN'T IT JULY YET??

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Venue is 100% aware of the hype that is the smash scene dont worry :]

Edit: This space has also been used for musical events,concerts, and stuff of that relation. It gets loud.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so, I got a month to see if I can make this or not... -Sighs- This sucks...since I started full time, I'm at work every morning at 6 AM until noon, and 6-11 on Saturdays, then 7-noon Sundays. Depending on when times are figured out for the events and everything, this is a slim chance that I'll be able to make this.

Man, this just stinks...I've wanted to go to all the tourneys, and one that I can go to, to where I'll have the money and all that, I can't because the guy who could cover for me, can't, since he just got out of the hospital. I'll have to do some talking with Sun and keep checking here for time frames of the events. Maybe there'll be a way we can make it for something Melee related.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I found out some more news regarding the tournament that i will update on first page so take a look when you got a chance.

Edit: Schedule is now posted on front page.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
edit: dang almost forgot to respond to this!

I'd never let TO'ing get in the way of teaming with you man :D Although I'm afraid I'm gonna be holding you back again, I really haven't been practicing smash at all. MK was just to take a break from pika, I'm definitely over that now ;)
Aight, well I've been practicing for the both of us so it's all good. And I think char. breaks are a great idea, glad you're thinking ahead with that!

also
ZETTA HYPE!

MCmaniacDBR

Smash Apprentice
I really wanna go to this but I'd need a ride from NJ...pyro how are you getting there assuming youre going?

Sheth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shethblade
3DS FC
4639-8959-1952
I noticed afterward, but figured it would fit. I played that only once when it was new, so I thought it was 10^27; must be some physical constant I confused it with. I'm out of my vector.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I noticed afterward, but figured it would fit. I played that only once when it was new, so I thought it was 10^27; must be some physical constant I confused it with. I'm out of my vector.
I still can't get over the picture XD

Alright, if I can stop playing freakin' TWEWY I might win this ****.

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
Yo, update for Sun! and myself. Since I'm workin' 40 hrs a week, up from 10hrs, company won't get too pissed that I skip out an hour and head out early, so we can be in time to find the venue and chit chat, maybe some friendlies, before the tourney starts. Right now it's all down to if he can switch days and what not. If he can do that, then hell yeah, we're headin' down. Also, gettin' some new controllers, so no more **** ones. Booya. Here's to hopin' for good news in the next few weeks (If he can switch days or not)

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Canada should definitely come out to this. ill try and get in contact with you guys shortly so maybe we can work something out in terms of housing and entry fee stuff.

Hype Video?

Also, about the regional crews part, I needed an extra part for audio syncing. Can you arrange crews? I might be able to bring a TV to speed up the tournament.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
If times allows i see no problem in doing so, Of course this isnt a 100% melee tournament, We have to think about brawl players and spectators.

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Yo its cool that a lot of OOS melee people are coming. . .

But OOS brawl people need to step it up! D=> It was cool having NJ ppl come up for the tourney, but seems like its not going to happen this time because of so many things happening down there in that area that weekend.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Matt, did you know about SS2? It was pretty big despite a lot of setbacks!

The TO of the series, Bry (RIP), had a lot of intention of making SS a really huge and successful thing. So let's do this for him and get as many people as possible here for it.

CNY's scene must grow, it's a good point for people OOS and for people in LI and NYC to come participate.

ps we're ****** teams ^.^

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
we're trying to get everyone who was at SS2 to come to this since this is a memorial tournament for Bry. And who ever else we can get after that.

SS2 I believe had close to 50 individuals in attendance...

Mana, im not too sure about anybody from tristate or mass or anything like that showing up since theres like tourneys happening in mass, NJ and PA that day.

I think we would be better served to go west instead of east and look toward trying to get some ohio attendance.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Wow, there's even a hype video now.

Even if it's just NYS + Canada, this tourney's gonna be awesome.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
It's going to be very slim for Ohio.

The venue is 4 hours from Cleveland, plus an extra 2 for Columbus/Toledo/Springfield, + another 2 for Cincinnati.

I personally will be taking a smash break at that time before the next Ohio Circuit starts up.

I am very sorry about your community's lose...
How old was he? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to...)

Also, to all you barlw players, you should definitely try playing barlw with Special Brawl with status reflect and heavy gravity on. It's like, gay projectile camping doesn't exist and comboes slightly do exist. Awesome trade, isn't it?

altairian

Smash Lord
Also, to all you barlw players, you should definitely try playing barlw with Special Brawl with status reflect and heavy gravity on. It's like, gay projectile camping doesn't exist and comboes slightly do exist. Awesome trade, isn't it?
Not everyone wants their fighting game to be exactly like melee ;)

If we want combos we can just load up brawl+ or brawl-, yay modern technology! XD

Not everyone wants their fighting game to be exactly like melee ;)

If we want combos we can just load up brawl+ or brawl-, yay modern technology! XD
Yeah, but not many tournaments want to bother with setting up hacked games. And this doesn't make it like Melee at all. It's still barlw, but it's not gay Brawl. Just look at how successful barlw is compared to Brawl+. It's a lot more. The reason: Hacking. With Special Brawl, you don't need hacks to have fun. ;)

Zhenkai

Smash Journeyman
It's ok Goggles, we still <3 you...to an extent. XD Also, if Sun! gets the day switched, and we go down, there -may- be a chance of bringing Jordan down too, so that's three upstaters comin', at best. Only thing is, we're more or less gonna stay for Melee, as I'd have work the next mornin', but who knows, may be able to see how Brawl is and watch for a bit. Will still keep ya updated on what's goin' on up here, Gaia.

Edit: Oh snap, I just checked up on the time scheduling. Oi...that'll be fun to get to. Umm, I'mma have to do some sweet talkin' to see what I can do, if times stay as is, so hopefully I can work somethin' out.

altairian

Smash Lord
Yeah, but not many tournaments want to bother with setting up hacked games. And this doesn't make it like Melee at all. It's still barlw, but it's not gay Brawl. Just look at how successful barlw is compared to Brawl+. It's a lot more. The reason: Hacking. With Special Brawl, you don't need hacks to have fun. ;)
You don't like brawl, we get it. Please carry on your life ignoring brawl's existence and post happily about melee.

Sharky

Smash Master
didn't brawl+ kinda...you know...die? I'm pretty its popularity with the masses pretty much vanished, and I don't quite see that happening with brawl, really. Anyway, I agree with alt, if you don't like brawl, fine, but we do and that's that =)

Acton

Smash Journeyman
Since there are so many things happening in the tristate region that weekend maybe we should consider changing the date? I mean its far off enough away. I mean we can at least try to see if some people from the tristate area would come on x date before we changed the date. Like we could make a formal inquiry in the NJ PR or something?

Top Bottom