• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Did it seem like that version had more hitstun/hitlag? Kirby's drill looked like it had way more stun than it does now and Ness managed to combo uptilt to Forward Smash on Ness lol. If anything, Nintendo should release that version over what will potentially be Super Scrub Brothers.
Yeah there was and I think Fox retained his lasers from 64. He shot slow but flinched opponents.

It had a ton of hitlag, you could really feel the POWER every time a move connected lol.
LOL I felt it when Kirby d-threw. xD

Ya and Falcon's dthrow actually stapled opponents to the ground, how manly is that? lol.
That was pretty epic. lolol

Jonas

Smash Champion
With the increased hitlag you'd probably be able too smash DI a bit more often and just to not let it get too broken, I'd make DI a bit stronger to balance out the increased stun. If there's one thing that smash needs more of, it's hit stun!!!
It kind of looked like it was Japanese N64 hitlag, ie not SDI'able.

Pengie

Smash Lord
If the Fox laser thing is true, then Bowser's dash had super Armor because he wasn't flinching when Fox was Lasering him in that clip; come to think of it I really want that version of the game now...

Jonas

Smash Champion
I would die happy if the hitstun was like that right now. Every hit just ***** lol. It's a strong reason why I play Ganon.
I know a Swedish Ganon player (really cool guy btw) who's like UUUNNNNGGGGGGH every time he stomps someone =D
So yeah, i don't think you're the only one who finds Ganon's attacks satisfying in that regard.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I know a Swedish Ganon player (really cool guy btw) who's like UUUNNNNGGGGGGH every time he stomps someone =D
So yeah, i don't think you're the only one who finds Ganon's attacks satisfying in that regard.
When I land a dair into wavedash on top of a platform charge up-smash, I do something similar.. lol.. or charge fsmash.

j00t

Smash Champion
I like how we're more excited about a pre-release version of Melee than we are about the new game.

melee for life

0Room

Smash Lord
I'm going to give it a legitimate shot.
I just doubt it's going to be a more competitive, deeper game than melee.

And if not, the community of melee players just isn't going to respond as well.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
1992 - Kirby's Dream Land
1993 - Kirby's Adventure
1993 - Kirby's Pinball Land[citation needed]
1995 - Kirby's Block Ball[citation needed]
1996 - Kirby Super Star
1999 - Super Smash Bros.
2001 - Super Smash Bros. Melee
2002 - Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land
2003 - Kirby Air Ride
2005 - Meteos
2005 - Kouchuu Ouja: MushiKing -- Greatest Champion e no Michi[5]
2008 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2011 - Kid Icarus Uprising

Yeah man sakurai ****ing sucks

With the increased hitlag you'd probably be able too smash DI a bit more often and just to not let it get too broken, I'd make DI a bit stronger to balance out the increased stun. If there's one thing that smash needs more of, it's hit stun!!!
No one should ever move, ever

rhan

Smash Hero
Kirby's Air Ride sucks.
Nightamare in Dreamland was a remake.
Brawl.
Block Ball? lol that doesn't even sound good.
Pin ball? Who needs that?
Meteos?
That random Japanese one?

So that's more then half to be excluded from that list. lol

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah man sakurai ****ing sucks
It's not that he's not a good game designer (I enjoy a lot of his past titles, I'm sure many others do as well), it's just that he's basically confirmed that any future Smash game is gonna suck. He wants Smash "more accessible" despite the fact that it's already perfectly accessible to anyone.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Just get M2K or other top players to help develop/balance it. Why wouldn't Nintendo work with them?
Because this is a job? Gamedevelopment is more then just knowing all you can and being good at the game. Not saying M2K couldn't if he tried. But I get the impression he doesn't want to.

He'd be a great playtester though but I don't recall nintendo doing beta tests with outsiders. They just do focus tests I think.

abcool

Smash Ace
Sakurai!!!!!! That dude makes me want to ragequit soo hard. I was on the brinking point of having a huge smash community here, until brawl came out and the scrubs followed the *Melee is a bunch of glitches logic* Now i have to struggle to find decent players for melee. I envy u guys with sweet tourneys and dedicated fans. You can lose 3 players and still have a turnout with 30+.

Not to mention the scrubs all stopped playing brawl now...i know that game was stupid from i first played the game. Now we have ssb4 with no gc support. Thanks Nintendo for ruining brawl with it's horrible physics, now you get to ruin ssb4 with the bad controllers.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Stop jumping to conclusion.

Sakurai isn'tt even doing the gameplay and you know nintendo doesn't expect us to play on that ipad chill out.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Stop jumping to conclusion.

Sakurai isn'tt even doing the gameplay and you know nintendo doesn't expect us to play on that ipad chill out.
Don't know what you're on about, obviously you are just jumping to conclusion and have absolutely no idea in regards to how the new smash is being handled

Quoted from a joint interview with Sakurai and Itawa after the E3 Presentation (somewhat rough translations):

- Sakurai: "While I'm sure some people just want a new DX (Melee) or X (Brawl), that is not the answer I'm looking for"

- Apparently the balancing and rebalancing of characters was entirely up to Sakurai, but he's going to ask for some help from other members of the team this time around. He still feels the creator of the game will have the clearest vision of how the balance should look like, but definitely welcomes the help. Iwata asks what type of balancing he's referring to, and Sakurai responds talking about balancing animation/frame/hitbox data, while making sure it makes sense in the scope of the game. It has to "look natural and feels good to land the attack"

- There's implied distinction between casual and competitive play made by Sakurai, saying "all these claims of 'this character is too strong' or 'this character is too weak' varies from person to person." When he looked at the sets of data from Wifi games, all characters had relatively the same level of success. "However, according to the competitive scene, that doesn't seem to be the case elsewhere."

- A balance regarding the difficulties of surgical balance changes, and how they don't want characters to "feel the same," adding that specific traits/strengths/weaknesses are intentionally built to differentiate characters. Along with the "oh now that we nerfed this, this other thing is broken," etc. Iwata comments that this type of balancing is ridiculously hard and congratulates Sakurai for pulling it off with every single character by himself.

- Sakurai mentions that while new developers might see this initially as a learning opportunity, it'll eventually turn into a lesson of pain.

- More commentary regarding the extreme level of difficulty regarding balance vs uniqueness in a fighting game cast, with Iwata joking that "I knew I had an eye for talent when I picked you"

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Actually. This new P.O.S. could be worse than Brawl. It's split between two systems. No real development will be put into either or.
This is just wrong. Sakrai's already looking for more people to get on the team for this and has said that if they can't get enough people they'll either drop one of the platforms for now or the project will take about 5 years. That doesn't sound like "no real development" to me.

Anyway since "Smash Bros Strife" was obviously fake, if you want to continue discussion about Smash Bros Wii U, do so here (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304894) or Smash Bros 3DS, do so here (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304895)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom