• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Strife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
1. It's obviously fake.

2. I still think we're going to get a new Smash teaser at E3. It will be for Cafe. It will have online that doesn't want to make you shoot yourself in the face.

The question is... will it be more like Melee or more like Bawrl? Assuming Sakurai is on board for this one, all signs point to Bawrl 2 instead of Melee 2.

The only hope I can hang on to is that this console is rumored to be aimed more at the hardcore gamer than the Wii ever was. But I can't see Nintendo consciously going back to the Melee formula =(

Our only hope is an enhanced, HD port of Melee on Cafe with online.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
project m is the only hope for a real sequel
otherwise just stick to melee

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
project m is the only hope for a real sequel
otherwise just stick to melee

Lol there is always hope.

Hell, if this is 75% of what Melee was, AND the online play is good, I'll surely play both. Hell, it probably took more work to water down Brawl then it would have to make it like Melee. Maybe we just have to hope they get lazy v_v

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
Lol there is always hope.

Hell, if this is 75% of what Melee was, AND the online play is good, I'll surely play both. Hell, it probably took more work to water down Brawl then it would have to make it like Melee. Maybe we just have to hope they get lazy v_v
If they get lazy that means they will leave it like Brawl.

Still, I wouldn't expect any Smash Bros. news from E3. On the bright side, that means we have plenty of time to send an endless amount of mail and pro-Melee propaganda to influence the development ;)

Pi

Smash Hero
project M is coming along quite nicely imo

was never really a fan but damnit if it doesn't look appealing lol

Walt

Smash Ace
MLP and K-On are awful in their own tremendous, unfathomable way. Get some good taste folks.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
*infracts for inappropriate content*

K-on is just mindless cute fun. Stop that.

Also, yea this spam is sorta my fault but yea. I don't mind randomness but keep it low haha.

Jonas

Smash Champion
If this is real, it's good news because Sakurai is no longer part of HAL. New SSB developed by HAL = No Sakurai =D

It's probably fake though. Iwata cares more about his buddies from his game development career than about customers and fans, so if there's a new SSB coming up, he's definitely gonna let Sakurai develop it.

Also what's up with the green logo? lol.

PS: Why is this suddenly interesting to the Melee boards when eveybody is just sort of "meh" at Project M? Project M is gonna be at least 10 times better than whatever simplified and "accessible" crappy party game Nintendo is ever going to throw out there.

PS: Why is this suddenly interesting to the Melee boards when eveybody is just sort of "meh" at Project M? Project M is gonna be at least 10 times better than whatever simplified and "accessible" crappy party game Nintendo is ever going to throw out there.
Because hacked versions of games have no hope at developing a tournament scene?

LLDL

Smash Hero
It's definitely fake. Strife is the worst name, by far, that I've heard for a possible sequel. I don't think Nintendo would give the green light on that. Nice looking title though.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Hahaha no offense
lol what's there to offend? Dude's last name isn't strife anyway. :troll:

The name sounds ok. It would be even better if they actually added Cloud Strife(character) and then I could make a xzibit meme for it. lol

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yeah...

I guess Brawl was interesting too before it came out, and it DID develop a tournament scene. It's just not one that a lot of Melee players care about.

On the other hand, you don't know if Project M is tourney viable or not until it's actually released. I do understand your skepticism, but that same skepticism has a higher chance of killing PM before it's even begun than the fact that it is hacked.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
I don't really understand a lot of the Melee players who don't want to play Project M.

When Brawl came out, we all went back to Melee because it was the better game. If Brawl came out and it was what Project M is trying to be, then I'm sure plenty of you would have just made the switch, and understandably so. Aside from the gameplay mechanics in general which is definitely the most important, it is hard to say that Brawl isn't the superior fighting game with all of it's features. Some people seem to have this stigma that if something is even related to Brawl then it is bad. The hate of Brawl seems to have expanded past that of gameplay, and I think that is very silly.

So now that the real sequel to Melee is on the horizon, the difference being that we have to tools to change it and make it more balanced, add gameplay mechanics, and to where the community is relying on top players for feedback on the game design, you all brush it off because it's not Melee.

The reason that I love Melee and despise Brawl isn't because Melee is Melee and Brawl is Brawl. it's because Melee is better then Brawl. If Project M ends up being better then Melee, then anyone who stays to play Melee are just as silly as people who decided to deal with Brawl despite it's inferior mechanics.

It doesn't require modding your Wii to run Project M. You have no excuses. Unless you don't own a Wii, in which case I don't blame you at all for not caring. But I own a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and an SD card. Why would I NOT play Project M?

That's #1. #2, I don't know how many of you people were around when the demo was released, but it had a ridiculous number of downloads when it first came out. The only reason people aren't playing it now is because landing detection was fixed in the latest builds.

The people who want to play Project M are there. The demo proved that. Arguing that it is inherently designed to fail because it is a mod is really silly. I'm not saying that it will DEFINITELY be better then Melee. But if it is, why would I stick with Melee if I could play something superior?

Sorry to derail the topic.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I don't really understand a lot of the Melee players who don't want to play Project M.

When Brawl came out, we all went back to Melee because it was the better game. If Brawl came out and it was what Project M is trying to be, then I'm sure plenty of you would have just made the switch, and understandably so. Aside from the gameplay mechanics in general which is definitely the most important, it is hard to say that Brawl isn't the superior fighting game with all of it's features. Some people seem to have this stigma that if something is even related to Brawl then it is bad. The hate of Brawl seems to have expanded past that of gameplay, and I think that is very silly.

So now that the real sequel to Melee is on the horizon, the difference being that we have to tools to change it and make it more balanced, add gameplay mechanics, and to where the community is relying on top players for feedback on the game design, you all brush it off because it's not Melee.

The reason that I love Melee and despise Brawl isn't because Melee is Melee and Brawl is Brawl. it's because Melee is better then Brawl. If Project M ends up being better then Melee, then anyone who stays to play Melee are just as silly as people who decided to deal with Brawl despite it's inferior mechanics.

It doesn't require modding your Wii to run Project M. You have no excuses. Unless you don't own a Wii, in which case I don't blame you at all for not caring. But I own a Wii, a copy of Brawl, and an SD card. Why would I NOT play Project M?

That's #1. #2, I don't know how many of you people were around when the demo was released, but it had a ridiculous number of downloads when it first came out. The only reason people aren't playing it now is because landing detection was fixed in the latest builds.

The people who want to play Project M are there. The demo proved that. Arguing that it is inherently designed to fail because it is a mod is really silly. I'm not saying that it will DEFINITELY be better then Melee. But if it is, why would I stick with Melee if I could play something superior?

Sorry to derail the topic.
If I had Project M and Melee in my face and I have a choice to play either, I would choose melee. Why? Because melee just has that feel that makes playing it x10 more epic. No matter how hard you try, you will not be able to reproduce that feel because every game has their own style.. just like every player has their own style as well. When someone tries to copy another top player, you will never be able to breakthrough that way.

The argument that any fighting game is superior or inferior from one another is a stupid argument. Do you honestly think the people that play ST are silly when they could be playing SSF4? Let people play what they want. Is chocolate more superior than vanilla? No it's not, it depends on your taste. People play Brawl just like they play Melee.. Melee is not superior, it's preference.

Edit: Fyi, I played Brawl+ way more than I did project M.. I don't need a 2nd melee but that's my own preference. If Smash 4, ends up **** then I'll simply not play it.. but if it's interesting in it's own way then I'll play it to the end.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Project M might end up better, and I will definitely play it, but like Divinokage said, if I had a choice between the two of them I'd probably play Melee. It's the combination of the music, the graphics, the SFX, and the gameplay that give Melee it's unique feel. That being said, I am a lot more hyped for ProjectM than I am for SSB4, and I feel like PM is the true sequel to Melee (as opposed to B+).

If they continue to dumb down smash, then people will hate it, if they bring it back more like Melee, people will love it, but no matter what happens, people will always play Melee.

Project M might end up better, and I will definitely play it, but like Divinokage said, if I had a choice between the two of them I'd probably play Melee. It's the combination of the music, the graphics, the SFX, and the gameplay that give Melee it's unique feel. That being said, I am a lot more hyped for ProjectM than I am for SSB4, and I feel like PM is the true sequel to Melee (as opposed to B+).

If they continue to dumb down smash, then people will hate it, if they bring it back more like Melee, people will love it, but no matter what happens, people will always play Melee.
If it's good enough, people will convert

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
halla at what kage's laying down.

Even if P:M eventually becomes "better" than melee, what ever that means, I don't see how it could support a tournament scene the size of melee's or brawl's. It's a bad argument, but its just not the same... And its essentially a game the community is creating, so I don't see how there could be much development to the metagame, when its initially in our control. They joy of smash is there is always some stuff to discover, if we're laying down every aspect of the game there wont be that feeling and I don't see it growing.

Then again, I don't know a lot about project:m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom