• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
I hate to always seem like I pick on your submissions but I am just throwing this out there...

We have a Tengu enemy in Smash Dungeon.

OniSuper Smash Bros.
TenguSuper Smash Bros.

What would be the aesthethic differences between the two beyond, well, the Daitengu being a larger and maybe more elaborate variety? A lack of an official render also concerns me.
I feel like if robin can use pair up on chrom, having characters that are the same species and don’t have very many differences shouldn’t be a problem

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel like if robin can use pair up on chrom, having characters that are the same species and don’t have very many differences shouldn’t be a problem
We already have Waddle Dee as an enemy and Bandanna Waddle Dee as a fighter - not to mention tengu are a folklore concept, so we could easily say they look different in the same way Ariel and Aquaman look different despite having the same source material

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
Since Kirby isn't allowed I will go for my second option.

Lyn(dis)!
Sure everyone hates Fire Emblem but I think Lyn would be more unique than your regular Marth semi-clone being more of a rushdown character with mixups. I also love Lyn so thats some extra points for me (:, I would love if her Shirow Miwa outfit would be avalaible has her main but I would be ok if it's just an alternative outfit.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I hate to always seem like I pick on your submissions but I am just throwing this out there...

We have a Tengu enemy in Smash Dungeon.

OniSuper Smash Bros.
TenguSuper Smash Bros.

What would be the aesthethic differences between the two beyond, well, the Daitengu being a larger and maybe more elaborate variety? A lack of an official render also concerns me.
Like others have said, we have characters in Final Smashes playable and characters who are near-identical to Smash Dungeon enemies, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. But if we're going to make Daitengu stand out more than the Smash Dungeon enemy, I guess maybe we could give him larger, more imposing wings, clothes based on the Hanafuda card types (Complete with different colors to make him stand out, maybe as Alts), and a hand of Hanafuda cards in place of the usual Tengu fan or sword.

Here are the suits we could use for the Alts:
1654734267604.png

Also, I have tried to find a good 3D render of a daitengu, and what was in the OG post was the best I could find.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a lot of ideas for this, It will take many hours to finalize it.

Question thou, are Pokeball Pokémon elligable?

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
**** it, Matt from Wii Sports

Why Matt? Well, everyone knows Matt. Everyone loves Matt. In terms of selling DLC there is literally no downside here. The Wii was huge, what else can I say?
Yes, Matt's a meme character. People are allowed to enjoy characters for humorous reasons, just like someone might enjoy Ridley because he's cool, or Kirby because he's cute. If Multiversus can add Ultra Instinct Shaggy and NASB can add Hugh Neutron, why can't Infinite add Matt?
Yes, you can make a Matt Mii with our existing Mii Fighters. But Matt, the character, could have his Swordfighting armor from Resort (excluding the mask) so that he doesn't feel generic. We could also make him a hovering, limbless oval-type Mii, like the catchers in Wii Baseball. There are plenty of ways to differentiate Matt from existing Mii Fighters.
He would be a midweight midrange character who would be equipped with his Swordfighting blade from Resort.
I don't think there's anything else to say on Matt that hasn't already been said by those before me. He's cool. Wii Sports deserves a rep. Put him in.
Closing argument:

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We already have Waddle Dee as an enemy and Bandanna Waddle Dee as a fighter - not to mention tengu are a folklore concept, so we could easily say they look different in the same way Ariel and Aquaman look different despite having the same source material
Like others have said, we have characters in Final Smashes playable and characters who are near-identical to Smash Dungeon enemies, so it shouldn't be much of an issue. But if we're going to make Daitengu stand out more than the Smash Dungeon enemy, I guess maybe we could give him larger, more imposing wings, clothes based on the Hanafuda card types (Complete with different colors to make him stand out, maybe as Alts), and a hand of Hanafuda cards in place of the usual Tengu fan or sword.

Here are the suits we could use for the Alts:
View attachment 354361

Also, I have tried to find a good 3D render of a daitengu, and what was in the OG post was the best I could find.
I would agree but based on my experiences, not to many are familiar with Tengu and certainly the differences between that and a Daitengu whereas Bandana Dee and the regular Dee are widely recognizable by the public.

I have a lot of ideas for this, It will take many hours to finalize it.

Question thou, are Pokeball Pokémon elligable?
Sadly, no, Pokeball Pokemon are not eligible. I know that seems odd considering that Assists are but considering there are so many Pokémon available to choose from and there isn’t a significant drain as
there are for non-Pokémon characters.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would agree but based on my experiences, not to many are familiar with Tengu and certainly the differences between that and a Daitengu whereas Bandana Dee and the regular Dee are widely recognizable by the public.
The tengu is an emoji, I think people have a basic idea of what one is - especially in Japan, where Smash has primarily been catering to before Infinite. 👺👺👺👺

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Cynthia (Pokemon)

One aspect of Pokémon that has barely been touched is the trainers.

Cynthia would fight as herself on the battle field and utilize her pokemon for certain attacks like Specials and Smash attacks.

Cynthia is one of the most popular trainers in the franchise.

Yeah I know there was a whole discussion about how we should get an actual pokemon but like it's my submission

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
They know the emote but not the actual mythological creature, tho giving my own grain of sand to the Daitengu propaganda (that could not be my fav but it sounds has a cool idea) there are different types of tengus, some of them being more "beasty" than the others, you can have the "beasty" tengu has the enemy and the "more human" tengu has the playable fighter. Probably the only reasons why I would like to see him are bias since 1- Someone who fights with Hanafuda effects is automatically badass (take Genjuro has an example), 2-It's the perfect puppet fighter for Mr. Karate and 3-I'm a mythology nerd.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The tengu is an emoji, I think people have a basic idea of what one is - especially in Japan, where Smash has primarily been catering to before Infinite. 👺👺👺👺
You would think. Then again, we aren't catering to our parents but I can for sure see people not knowing the differences between a regular Tengu and the KING OF ALL TENGU!! I have checked with people who know very little of Japanese culture and they think the Tengu are demons or just people with angry faces. However, we gamers are cultered folk and know our Japanese yokai like we know how to do laundry and open a bank account.

Fun fact: I am from a part of Japan where the Tengu are said to reside. There is a shrine where there a boulder sized tengu masks looking down with angry faces at you as you pray.
1654743287396.png

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Cynthia (Pokemon)

One aspect of Pokémon that has barely been touched is the trainers.

Cynthia would fight as herself on the battle field and utilize her pokemon for certain attacks like Specials and Smash attacks.

Cynthia is one of the most popular trainers in the franchise.

Yeah I know there was a whole discussion about how we should get an actual pokemon but like it's my submission
I'm pretty sure Pokemon isn't eligible...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Pokemon from Pokeballs aren't eligible. Anything else is fair game. That being said, if a Pokemon character wins, that means they are barred from next and final season so if there is a Scarlet/Violet Pokemon that would fit...well...o well.

Same goes with any other character for that matter.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
If Matt gets in we should have some of his alts be the other already-created mii characters from wii sports.

Plus if people are mad and criticize him by saying he was “just in because of memes” it’s not really as true because the character is mostly “wii sports rep but matt is the default because he’s popular”

That, of course, isn’t to say memes have nothing to do with why he’s in it but if you think memes are the only real factor for why people want him I assure you that is not true.

also we have so many amazing submissions it’s gonna be hard to vote on these

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
latest (1).png

Since he is elegible I think he should have a chance, he is a big character in speculation and Mario RPG deserves some love from Nintendo, he has enough tools for a moveset and there's a lot of choices for stages.
I wish I could elaborate more on Geno but he just happens to be a big character in speculation from a kind of obscure game that has potential for moveset and other content related to him, that doesn't make him a bad choice tho (at least personally)

By the way, is Mini Kangaroo elegible? I think he would be awesome

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ngl I don't know for which one I would vote because I aren't interesed in most of them, makes sense due the limitations of the job. It really feels like we are scratching the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Corviknight (Pokémon Sword/Shield)

Corviknight was revealed for Sword/Shield in June 2019 and is the resident final form of the early stage bird. A Flying/Steel type, Corviknight has some deadly moves including a steel type move steel wing along with flying type moves like drill peck and air slash.

Corviknight is a very popular Pokémon, enough for that bird to get a spirit promoting Sword and Shield in smash. Also Corviknight is in my alpha squad.

Overall, Corviknight is a great Pokémon for smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Will submit later. Might do ring Fit trainee. If someone else does it I have another idea

D

Deleted member

Would a character from the MOTHER series be marketable by any means?

D

Deleted member

Gotcha. Cooking up an idea as we speak. Not completely confident, but I feel that it could work.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
The Diver seems really cool both conceptually and from a "gaming history" standpoint but IDK if they should end a pack that was filled with highly-requested third parties. It should also be noted that there's also the games Abzu and Subnautica which you could argue that, despite being third-parties, have more interesting concepts for a scuba diving character than Endless Ocean. But who knows? Maybe the Nintendo Direct will announce a new Endless Ocean game, and in that case I would definitely vote for The Diver. We need more cult classics in Smash.

I will probably vote for Daitengu as it would be a really cool contrast from "cool historical pick" to "cool promotional pick" and I just love the concept of a non-gaming Nintendo character in Smash.

D

Deleted member

367px-Kamek-212x283.png

Kamek
Yoshi is one of the few 64 series to never get a second rep. It has enough content to pull from and the fact that we can also cheat and do Mario content helps. Kamek is a farily well recurring character. I considered Shy Guy but Kamek felt like more of a character. Another magic user would be cool. He has spells to pull from, his toadies, he could even sumon baby Bowser.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Corviknight (Pokémon Sword/Shield)

Corviknight was revealed for Sword/Shield in June 2019 and is the resident final form of the early stage bird. A Flying/Steel type, Corviknight has some deadly moves including a steel type move steel wing along with flying type moves like drill peck and air slash.

Corviknight is a very popular Pokémon, enough for that bird to get a spirit promoting Sword and Shield in smash. Also Corviknight is in my alpha squad.

Othersll, Corviknight is a great Pokémon for smash.
I failed to mention this is the job introduction post but I made Ball Guy and Galarian Slowbro ineligible as we already have a Galar-based stage. Based on this, a Galarian Pokemon would also be ineligible due to us having a Galar-based stage. Unlike Ravenbeak where we allowed it, the Metroid franchise and its characters aren’t as chained to their games as the Pokemon are. For example, while Meowth has appeared in every Pokemon game to date, it’s affiliated with Gen 1 so having a Gen 1 stage would make the most logical sense and not going that route would confuse people. With that being said, the same could be said for Corviknight. The reason we are saying no to Corviknight is because we had a new stage from its Gen. Greninja technically got two stages in Smash 4 but these were split between two versions so it doesn’t actually count.

The Diver seems really cool both conceptually and from a "gaming history" standpoint but IDK if they should end a pack that was filled with highly-requested third parties. It should also be noted that there's also the games Abzu and Subnautica which you could argue that, despite being third-parties, have more interesting concepts for a scuba diving character than Endless Ocean. But who knows? Maybe the Nintendo Direct will announce a new Endless Ocean game, and in that case I would definitely vote for The Diver. We need more cult classics in Smash.

I will probably vote for Daitengu as it would be a really cool contrast from "cool historical pick" to "cool promotional pick" and I just love the concept of a non-gaming Nintendo character in Smash.
Oh don’t get me started on Subnautica. I’m trying my best to not jury rig our jobs so Subnautica or Ark gets a chance to get submitted lol.

Now that I think, the Subnautica survivors would have an amazing moveset. And the Spirit Battles with Reaper Leviathan and such.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I plan on submitting either Ring Fit Trainer or a Switch Sports rep; depending if any of them gets submitted beforehand.

Can I get some clarification on this rule? I really don't think there's many 1st party reps left who fit this at the moment.
Everything we have submitted has been fine. What I’ve been trying to articulate that characters who are minor side characters or those who have been largely forgotten due to obscurity won’t be accepted. There’s been a few of them who have been marginal but this is just set up a ground rule. Basically, to prevent people submitting characters who really have no business being in as our only first party dlc.

Last edited:
Character submission:
Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure)
1654786091658.png

(Artwork taken from Ring Fit Adventure)
Who are they?
Ring Fit Trainee is main protagonist of Ring Fit adventure, a game that debuted on Nintendo Switch in 2019 as exercising game with ring-like peripheral. RFT is a human protagonist, who accidentally released an evil bodybuilding dragon named Dragaux (He is an antagonist of the game) and he tries to take over it. RFT teams up with magical guaurdian named Ring and goes on adventure to defeat Dragaux.
She has fitness-themed abilities and she is capable of using her body parts to attack opponents as it was shown in the game. The exercises form the game are based on real common ones that people do at morning for their daily routines.

Her/His game sold well and it recieved many positive reviews from many critics. As for march 31st of 2022, her/his game sold over 14.09 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best selling games on Nintendo switch console. RFT (character) is not very iconic as Wii Fit Trainer, but it's still popular character and it's one of recent Nintendo characters alongside Officer Howard.
Her/His game is mixture of RPG and Fitness game, making the game unique and quirky for a fitness game.

How the could work in Smash?
Well, since I mentioned that they attack the foes with their body parts, so it makes to include their attacks and abilities to their movesets in Smash.
Also Ring would be in some of their attacks like neutral special, where they shoot a gust of air from it, pushing the opponent back fro RFT. RFT has a lot of moves to choose from the game as normal attacks and specials.
Trainee could also have a special gimmick, which is activity meter. When it's active, the meter rises and when it's full, it gives it a temporary status boost that allow RFT to be faster and stronger for while. If she/he doesn't attack or move, it decreases down to empty bar.

Ring Fit Trainee would be middleweight fast all-around character with no additional movement options.
Also RFT's alts would get the same treatment as WFT, where there are 4 female alts and 4 male ones (They also could have different voice actors).

Why Ring Fit Trainee should join Smash?
Ring Fit Trainee should be in smash, because it would be one of most recent additions to smash bros like Officer Howard for example (Which he debuted in base game of Infinite) and it would be another fitness-type character after Wii Fit Trainer. RFT also fits the criteria of the job because her game sold very well and it would make sense if we include her in game because of it's game's sales (Heck, the game is even considered as one of most selling games on Switch like I mentioned earlier on this essay)
RFT would be also a 1st party newcomer who hails from the series that were unrepresented by fighter before. It would be also another hardware rep for smash (since we haven't got a one in base game).

Besides that, Ring Fit Adventure series has a lot of source material to make it into spirits, stage and even item or assist trophy for example.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Character Submission Job

Krystal (Star Fox)

File:Krystal SF Assault wallpaper.jpg

Krystal is a major character in the Star Fox franchise as both a member of the Star Fox team and a love interest of Fox. She has made major appearances throughout multiple games in the Star Fox series and quickly became a fan favorite.

She was one of the most highly requested characters during the Brawl and Smash 4 eras and still enjoyed plenty of popularity during the Ultimate era to be added as an Assist Trophy. Among the remaining eligible Assist Trophies, she's one of the most highly requested characters that hasn't been added to Infinite, so she would be perfect as our first promotion.

Her moveset potential would be centered around use of her staff where she could use ice and energy based attacks, making her the first Star Fox character since Fox to have a completely unique moveset and not to be a clone in some format. Overall, Krystal has been one of the longest running major requests for Smash, especially among first parties, and would be a perfect addition to Infinite.

File:DR9xV.jpg

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 105:

Max Brass

Who is Max Brass?
Max Brass is commissioner of the ARMS fighting league and considered the greatest champion in it's history. An important character in ARMS lore and rumors of a small push coming in the way of the series, it would make a ton of sense for Arms to get another character.

Why Max Brass?
Starting with the reason I already mentioned above, Max is a very important character in ARMS lore. Max Brass having the legacy he does in ARMS lore alone feels like a reason to consider him a spot. He's also one of the final boss options from the Grand Prix mode in the game along with Dr Coyle, making him at the bare minimum a possible antagonist for the player. While technically not a villain, we could use characters who at least can lean that way on the roster.

Touching on a point that I made above once again, ARMS currently has only one playable fighter, with that being Min Min. The series doesn't necessarily need a 2nd rep but with it still being one of the newer 1st party universes out there for Nintendo, which was also given a pretty big role out with it being one of the first games out on the Switch, it makes sense to continue to push it with a 2nd fighter from the series. While a lot of the other characters from ARMS would play fairly similarly to her.

For the final time, I'll touch on a previous point I made. Min Min is currently our only ARMS rep in the game right now. It feels like the majority of the roster wouldn't work as a fully unique fighter, instead being better fits as semi clones or echos. Max Brass however would work perfectly in a unique fighter role. Max wouldn't work as a echo since he's so much bigger. He may occupy the same switching arms mechanic but his realistically could be different. All 3 of his default arms are different than Min Mins. Without getting too crazy into building a moveset for him, Max's 3 default gloves(the Nade, Roaster, and Kablammer) all could be made to have different effects like Min Min has. Where he'd stand out the most though is his weight, obviously. Not only would him being heavier and more powerful than Min Min make him different, being a heavy with range is a role only occupied by King K Rool right now. And with only 1 fighting being like that right now there's still a few different takes he could have to be fun and interesting.

The final point I have is that while it feels more logical for the next ARMS character to be someone who fits the role as a protagonist better, mainly someone like Springman or Ribbon Girl, I'd like to argue against that for a minute. First, as we've heard plenty of times already, the creator of ARMS considers them all to be the protagonist. While that's a little bit of a cop out, Max is no less deserving than anyone else on the roster by the creator's own logic. And while yes, Spring Man, Ribbon Girl , or even Ninjara might be considered more popular, only maybe Ninjara would be different enough to warrant a fully unique spot on the roster most likely. And in general I think a heavy with range is a lot more interesting than a speed demon with range like Ninjara likely would be. Also, for a 2nd spot an antagonist/antagonist lean isn't a bad choice. Max would actually feel like a pretty surprising choice as well given that the 3 I mentioned above and probably Twintelle would all feel more likely if we got another ARMS rep. At the same time though, I can't imagine anyone outside of major fans of those 4 being disappointed given Max's spot in the lore.

Overall I think Max Brass would be a fantastic add to the roster. ARMS is still pretty fresh out of the womb as far as gaming goes, Max is an important character in the series, and he's also an extremely important character to the game's lore. He would be a surprise but in a welcome way that enhances the representation of a 1st party series already in the game. I can't see any negatives to adding Max and can see a ton of positives
Resubmitting my Max Brass entry from over a year ago. Theres a few Pokemon id love to toss up(Toxtricity) but do not have time to do so

BowserKing

Smash Lord
In response to above, curse those restrictions

New alternative: Excadrill
This mole Pokémon is a Ground/Steel type, and we so far don’t have a ground type Pokémon playable yet, so Excadrill would be a fun one to use. Moves like Steel Claw and Bulldoze would be great and a burrowing fighter would be unique.

Overall, Excadrill would be worth having in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom