• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Now, one thing I’m considering is there is some considerable leaks that there is an upcoming Nintendo Direct. I was hoping we would of gotten one before we started this job but oh well. That being said, I am open to tabeling this job now that we have even a glimmer of a prospective Direct.

So, our options would then then be…
  1. Wait it out and not do any jobs until next week when the Direct is “supposed to happen”.
  2. Do fill in jobs until then (another stage submission for a third party, Spirit Events, etc)
  3. Start Season 3 early by adding our next character
  4. Stay the course and hope we submit something of value. That way when we do get new content, we can move that character that we learned from the direct to Season 3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wouldn't be opposed to that we'd only have to wait past Wednesday if the leaks are true But I also wouldn't mind just moving ahead anyway lol

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think the break would also allow people to think more in what they want to submit, sometimes happens that the adrenaline makes you submit the first thing it comes to your mind, maybe doing fill jobs or directly the next fighter would be better.

And yeah I mostly support the next fighter since I don't feel that I could apport something this time.

D

Deleted member

Only worry is we don't get anything we could add from the direct (or the direct doesn't happen) But it doesn't hurt to wait I guess

D

Deleted member

Our only real sign of a direct next week is a little flimsy imo. But I could see it. I dont mind some fill in jobs

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
I feel my choice for this job for a first party character would be an Endless Ocean rep although it’s second party. But, I don’t know how it can work if the fighter’s color would be a shade of blue but oh well. Maybe a more obscurer character like Diskun or Parabo and Satebo?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Writing Team
If we’re going to add a pokemon I think we should add one that’s a type we haven’t added yet or a non-starter evolution non-legendary pokemon. Maybe Corviknight? A gen 8 pokemon wouldn’t really feel like it’s “selling” anything since there’s like two mainline games they made afterwards.
Would definitely prefer another first party IP tho

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Maybe not from the 8 gen but Silvally would be cool if must not be an starter nor a legendary and unevolved. If we don't need to attach to the 8 gen however, Golurk, Aegilash, Beeheyem, Bisharp, Gallade and Kommo-o are favorites of mine.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a few ideas in mind, but certain Pokémon (Dragapult, Gardivoir, Lugia, Mimikyu and Meowth) are Pokeball Pokémon, but would still be cool to have

I think my main other choices include Corviknight, Excadrill and a fossil Pokémon (like Armaldo) for instance

However a new Metroid or Star Fox rep would not hurt either.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Character Submission Job: First Party

After lots of discussions and deliberations, I decided to procede forward to our next job which is a first party submissions which is our "last" fighter for this season. I decided to go forward with this as I feel we can focus on characters pre-Nintendo Direct and then allow our first party submissions in the next season to fcous mostly on content that appeared in the Direct. Afterwhich, we will then rearrange the season 2 roster to be slightly more appealing aesthetically. With that being said, we will be doing a first party character. Now, before we dive into this, here are several things we will be doing in this job.

Number #1: Franchises that got a secondary character, whether it was a new character plus an echo, are not eligibile. This one hurt as this meant Captain Toad was out of the running and someone I was planning to submit. These franchises are Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Splatoon.

Number #2: New franchises won't get a secondary newcomer. This means that Rhythm Heaven, Style Savvy, Astral Chain, Murasame, and Advance Wars are not allowed.

Number #3: This character must be fairly well-known character to the masses. They must be recognizable and marketable.

Number #4: Additional content comes with this character obviously in the form of stages, art, smashspace content, spirits, music, etc. Their inclusion must illicit enough content to go with it and for it to seem like "expanding a new chapter" for that franchise rather than "just adding more stuff into it." We are trying to go for something we saw with Byleth and Pyra/Mythra but not to that extent. Now, if it's an entirely new franchise, than no worry.

Number #5: Assist Trophies and/or Mii Costumes are A-OK. NOW, This is the ONLY character that will be included from our list of Assist Trophies or Mii Costumes if that is the case.

Number #6: The following Assist Trophies are ineligible...

• Hammer Bro (cause Mario)
  • Laiktu
  • Chomp-chomp
  • Fly and Heads
  • Twomp
  • Adeleine (cause Kirby)
  • Nightmare
  • Knuckle Joe
  • Chef Kawasaki
  • Bokoblin (cause Zelda)
  • Moon
  • Ghirahim
  • Skull Kid
  • Chibi-Robo (cause Chibi-Robo series has a stage in Season 2)
  • The Darklord (cause Miitopia has a stage for Launch; no need of a 2nd stage for this series)
  • Flick (New Horizons already has a stage, Kapp'n is fine as he isn't' tied to New Horizons)
  • Medli (zelda)
  • Paper Mario (Mario)
  • Pokey (Mario)
  • Squid Sisters
  • Arcade Bunny (Has a representative stage in launch)
  • Vince (cause there is an Art Aacademy)
  • Yuri (cause there is a stage for Fatal Frame)
Here are the following Mii Fighters that are ineligible:
  • Pauline
  • Toad
  • Tingle
  • Darknut
  • Ball Guy (cause we have a Galar Wild Area stage)
  • Galarian Slowbro
  • Pearl
  • Marina
  • Callie
  • Judd
  • Marie
  • Muddy Mole (due to Muddy Mole being featured as a promotional Mii Costume for Season 2)
  • Mach Rider (due to Mach Rider being featured as promotional Mii Costume for Season 1)
Number #7: The franchase that gets a character will be barred from a future character in Season 3. This means if we go with a Legends Arceus rep, Scarlet and Violet rep is a big nope. If we include Rex, Xenobalde Chronicles X 3 character is ineligible.

Number 8: Geno is ok as he is a spinoff character from a game that is connected yet seperate from Nintendo. Also, this is considering just how big the character is in speculation. That being said, this could be his last chance....we will have to see.

Number 9: The following characters are also ok:

• Ravenbeak (yes, we do have a Dread stage already but we sacrified that for a Samus Returns stage. We could pull from a number of other Metroid titles).
  • A Fatal Frame rep except Yuri.
  • Tom Nook he represents the series rather than one stage).

The following characters are out:
  • Elma (XBCX has a stage in Infinite)
  • a second Punch-Out rep (it has a secon stage)
  • Pushmo (there is a Pushmo stage), and Mona (Nintendo Land stage)
  • Prfoessor Hector (we have a Gyromite stage)

I hate throwing out so many rules here but this job needs to be slightly controlled as to avoid getting submissions that either will be out of place in our roster or cause future problems.

When submitting a character, please provide this following information:

• A picture
  • Name and franchise
  • Why this character should be included.
    • If the character is an Assist or Mii Costume, why should this character be able to break this rule and be the only character who can do such a thing in Smash history? What gives them the qualifications to do that?

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
...my time has finally come.

DAITENGU
Daitengu is a very, very unusual pick for a new fighter, even for me. He’s not even a video game character, he's only found in card games, and real-life ones to boot. So you’re asking: why even bother suggesting him??? Well, that’s simple: he’s not just from any card game, but from Hanafuda cards, the first-ever product Nintendo had ever sold when it was established in 1889. In fact, Nintendo still references Hanafuda to this day, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics having a playable Hanafuda! As for the fact that Daitengu isn’t even in a video game, we do have an example of a non-video game character in Smash already: R.O.B., who’s a toy accessory for the NES.

While Smash has become a celebration of gaming today, we mustn’t forget that it started off as Nintendo’s all-star game, taking from its long history to give us wacky characters like Ness, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch. I wish for Daitengu to be in the game to represent the time before Nintendo even made video games, as part of a universe I’m calling Marufuku, based on the “福” kanji prominently used in Nintendo’s products leading up to their foray into video games.

But how would he play? Well, Daitengu's moveset would mainly be based on the hanafuda game known as “koi-koi”, which is essentially Japanese poker. In that, the goal is to make a winning set as quickly as possible, which could be replicated in Smash by having Daitengu have Special Moves involving discarding some cards, drawing multiple cards, and showing winning hands for massive damage. Unique right?

But here's a big question: how popular are Hanafuda cards IRL? Well, they're still being somewhat used today: Demon Slayer protagonist Tanjiro Kamado wears hanafuda-themed earrings, Tales of Berseria has a minigame based on koi-koi, Episode 3 of Nisemonogatari has featured hanafuda, Nintendo themselves released Mario-themed Hanafuda cards, an anime movie called Summer Wars uses koi-koi as a plot point, dispute this all you want, but Hanafuda still finds its way to catch the eyes of the public to this day.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright let's do this:
RAVEN BEAK
Raven Beak its the most recent villain of the Metroid series being the antagonist and last boss of Metroid Dread. The leader of the Mawkin tribe and "father" of Samus Aran. He first appeared in the Chozo Memories of Samus Returns. Even if I already droped the big reveal I don't want to tell all the story of Metroid Dread so I will stop right now.

Why Raven Beak?
Bias, there is not too much to say.

Just joking.

The DLC lineup lacks villains, Raven Beak is one of the coolest villains Nintendo even made so I think he would be cool. Apart of that I think Metroid get a big second wind with Dread so having more Metroid representation would work nicely. It would also have a Cloud-like actualization for Samus with her Final Smash using the Metroid Armor or just including the Metroid Armor has a new skin for Samus.

How would Raven Beak be?
Think on him on a pseudoclone of Samus, having a few similar moves but being overall different having less emphasis on zoning and more on the general offensive. Being honest the only similar thing would be the Neutral Special and even then it would still be quite different.

Last edited:

AlteredBeast

Smash Champion
Alright, I am not sure if this submission would be allowed but might as well take a punt...

The Diver (Endless Ocean)

1280x720.jpg

The Diver is the generic avatar character from Endless Ocean (aka Forever Blue in Japan). Endless Ocean was a game developed by Arika and published by Nintendo. The series only had 2 games but it is an underrated classic from the 2000s. Endless Ocean surprisingly has not received any content in any Smash game. That needs to change. Therefore, I feel The Diver can have a very unique play style being a heavy to represent it being underwater as well as an exploring gimmick. An overall solid pick to represent a nostalgic era of video games for Nintendo and what not.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Took an old writeup and changed it a little to be relevant to both Infinite's lore since and what I've learned about Smash since
JILL & DRILL DOZER STEAL THE SHOW!

Who are Jill & Drill Dozer?
Jill (NOT “Jill Dozer”, her last name has never been confirmed in the West, though she does have one in Japan, where she is known as "Dori Kururi") is the protagonist of the 2005 puzzle-action-platformer Drill Dozer, made by Game Freak and published by Nintendo. The daughter of a righteous crime boss, Jill was raised in the art of thievery, piloting a powerful Drill Dozer tank long before she could even read or write. Before her mother’s untimely death, she gave Jill a powerful red diamond that can grant any wish, trusting her not to abuse its power and protect it from anyone who may want to - so when the not-so-righteous Skulker gang break in, incapacitate Jill’s dad, and steal the diamond, it’s up to the little rascal to get it back, and on the way discover the conspiracy behind why the police always target the Red Dozers and not the Skulkers. It's because the Skulkers are paying them

What would Jill & Drill Dozer do?
We don’t yet have a fully drill-based fighter. Jill would likely have a multihit-heavy moveset, powerful attacks, slow movement, a heavy weight disproportionate to her small size, (just slightly below an ultraheavyweight, 110 about) and poor air mobility but great air attacks. Jill admittedly doesn’t have many unique maneuvers with her drill, but she does have a propeller that lets her drill in the air, can shift up gears by timing the drill button (which could play into her overall playstyle) and when all else fails a mighty punch. We could probably composite some level elements from Drill Dozer into her moveset - such as Jelly Blocks which she can bounce backwards off of, or lifts she sticks her drill into and can be carried by. A lot of people may think of Jill as a “Bowser Jr. clone”, but beyond being obnoxious children piloting robots and Jr. having one or two drill moves there’s no real resemblance. Speaking of Bowser Jr, we could possibly have Gearmo and Grutch as alternate characters as their proportions fit.

Why should Jill & Drill Dozer be in Smash?​
  • Jill would be a representative for Game Freak’s non-Pokémon games. Jill’s inclusion in Smash could be a big break for them and allow them to build interest for their pocket monster-free titles.​
  • Within our universe, Drill Dozer has already been established to get a remake, so she's in the public eye for the first time... ever, really! That means she's technically more relevant than a lot of the Switch characters being submitted within our time frame​
  • Drill Dozer, while not known to many, is often considered one the best games (if not THE best original platformer) the GBA has to offer, as well as one of Game Freak's best titles outside of the Pokémon series.​
  • The Game Boy line of consoles has been seriously lacking when it comes to Smash representation, with the only character in Smash you could really consider exclusively associated with it being Lucas.​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
...my time has finally come.

DAITENGU
Daitengu is a very, very unusual pick for a new fighter, even for me. He’s not even a video game character, he's only found in card games, and real-life ones to boot. So you’re asking: why even bother suggesting him??? Well, that’s simple: he’s not just from any card game, but from Hanafuda cards, the first-ever product Nintendo had ever sold when it was established in 1889. In fact, Nintendo still references Hanafuda to this day, with Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics having a playable Hanafuda! As for the fact that Daitengu isn’t even in a video game, we do have an example of a non-video game character in Smash already: R.O.B., who’s a toy accessory for the NES.

While Smash has become a celebration of gaming today, we mustn’t forget that it started off as Nintendo’s all-star game, taking from its long history to give us wacky characters like Ness, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch. I wish for Daitengu to be in the game to represent the time before Nintendo even made video games, as part of a universe I’m calling Marufuku, based on the “福” kanji prominently used in Nintendo’s products leading up to their foray into video games.

But how would he play? Well, Daitengu's moveset would mainly be based on the hanafuda game known as “koi-koi”, which is essentially Japanese poker. In that, the goal is to make a winning set as quickly as possible, which could be replicated in Smash by having Daitengu have Special Moves involving discarding some cards, drawing multiple cards, and showing winning hands for massive damage. Unique right?

But here's a big question: how popular are Hanafuda cards IRL? Well, they're still being somewhat used today: Demon Slayer protagonist Tanjiro Kamado wears hanafuda-themed earrings, Tales of Berseria has a minigame based on koi-koi, Episode 3 of Nisemonogatari has featured hanafuda, Nintendo themselves released Mario-themed Hanafuda cards, an anime movie called Summer Wars uses koi-koi as a plot point, dispute this all you want, but Hanafuda still finds its way to catch the eyes of the public to this day.
I hate to always seem like I pick on your submissions but I am just throwing this out there...

We have a Tengu enemy in Smash Dungeon.

OniSuper Smash Bros.
TenguSuper Smash Bros.

What would be the aesthethic differences between the two beyond, well, the Daitengu being a larger and maybe more elaborate variety? A lack of an official render also concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom