• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
What Chibi-Robo Spirits do we currently have? I have an idea for an enhancible one, but I wanna make sure.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our current Spirit list:
  1. Akuma
  2. E. Honda
  3. Misango
  4. Shun'ei
  5. K'
  6. Kula Diamond
  7. Sakura Kasugano
  8. Luke
  9. Sukapon
  10. Heihachi Mishima
  11. Blue Mary
  12. Rock Howard
  13. Ash Crimson

We are in dire need to ARMS and Tekken Spirits so, that being said, Fatal Fury/King of Fighter Spirit submissions are closed as is Street Fighter. We also need some Other Spirit as well such as Art of Fighting, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Samurai Shodown, etc.

If you submitted Spirits before, feel free to submit more. If we don't get more submissions by tomorrow morning (8 hours), I will do it then.

Also, our Online Tourney is Legendary Swords.

ivanlerma

Smash Master
Here are our current Spirit list:
  1. Akuma
  2. E. Honda
  3. Misango
  4. Shun'ei
  5. K'
  6. Kula Diamond
  7. Sakura Kasugano
  8. Luke
  9. Sukapon
  10. Heihachi Mishima
  11. Blue Mary
  12. Rock Howard
  13. Ash Crimson

We are in dire need to ARMS and Tekken Spirits so, that being said, Fatal Fury/King of Fighter Spirit submissions are closed as is Street Fighter. We also need some Other Spirit as well such as Art of Fighting, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Samurai Shodown, etc.

If you submitted Spirits before, feel free to submit more. If we don't get more submissions by tomorrow morning (8 hours), I will do it then.

Also, our Online Tourney is Legendary Swords.
What is the spirit event we're doing?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here is our official Spirit list. I padded it to add other franchises:

1. Akuma
  2. E. Honda
  3. Balrog
  4. Sakura Kasugano
  5. Luke
  6. Jin Saotome
  7. Batsu Ichimonji
  8. Amingo
  9. Misango
  10. Spring Man
  11. Ribbon Girl
  12. Kula Diamond
  13. Shun'ei
  14. K'
  15. Blue Mary
  16. Rock Howard
  17. Ash Crimson
  18. Ryo Sakazaki
  19. Yuri Sakazaki
  20. Lee Chaolan
  21. Haohmaru
  22. Nakoruru
  23. Sukapon
  24. Heihachi Mishima
  25. Jin Kazuma
  26. King and Armor King
  27. Nina Williams
  28. Asuka Kazuma
  29. Nightmare
  30. Taki
  31. Jago
  32. Orcane
  33. Zetterburn
  34. Filia

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So, I was deciding which job would be the best to do next, either a stage bundle or our final fighter for Season 2. The reason being is that our Final Fighter will be first party and the stage being included may impact what character gets included. It would be rather silly having two stages from the same franchise appear in one season.

So, we will begin DISCUSSING what first party character we could possibly include. THIS IS A DISCUSSION PERIOD. Not submissions.

In addition, as I am curious to the results, I am wondering how people feel about allowing a character be promoted from the launch version to DLC playable status if they were previously an Assist Trophy and/or a Mii Costume. Granted, this is breaking our rules and it does open the playing field for more characters. This is just to provide some discussion; the results from this poll won't affect the final outcome.

So, we will be discussing:

1) What franchises and characters could we focus on for this first party centered DLC
2) Should we allow Assist and/or Mii Costumes to be promoted from the launch version?
3) There needs to be enough content to justify having a dlc pack dedicated to this series.
4) Characters who got a character PLUS an Echo fighter or a DLC fighter (King boo) are ineligible. That means Zelda, Mario, Kirby, etc. Metroid Dread also has a stage already in the game so it would be redundant to have two Metroid Dread stages if we were to include Ravenbeak. Please refer to the up to date front page for all the content that we currently have.

I don't enjoy being an ass about things but it does get a bit tiring when people do keep asking "what are we doing" or "Are we doing this yet". Please take some time and read through the posts. If you are unsure, check the front page or the wikia. If you don't find what you are looking for, then you can ask. In terms of eligibility of characters, again, please check the front page or wikia. If its a more complex quesiton, then feel free to ping me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New ip or a rep for an IP that hasn't had a new rep in a while such as mother, f-zero, yoshi or a retro would be neat. Could allways do a pokemon. I'd be down for asssit promotions. Let's break all the rules

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The strange omissions of Ring Fit Trainer seems perplexing to me; especially for our launch roster. I wouldn't mind diving into the Switch Athletes as well. Pokemon seems like a great way to direct ourselves for something that 1) is safe and 2) will illicit content. That's always my may concern that we have a healthy submission period rather one thats dominated by one person or is just completely stangant.

D

Deleted member

let's do fire Emblem again

A 2nd ARMS rep would be funny. We haven't added a new Xeno rep but 3 isn't out yet so we should wait on that.

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
I just want them to be a cool character that can hype everyone up. Part of people's dissapointment with Byleth was that he was the bookend to a Fighter's Pass full of unpredictable third party fighters. So I don't really wanna repeat that if we don't have to.
Pokémon would be cool. If we're adding a Ring Fit rep I am 100% backing Dragaux but not Trainee.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
1) I would like to say a new IP, but the options aren't that many (maybe Ring Fit or Nintendo Labo for a super unexpected character) but they just doesn't work for me has DLC, I would rather prefer a new character for an already established IP but that it has not too much fighters (Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mother, etc).
2) Mii Costumes?, yeah, Assists?, no.
3) And that's other reason why I feel complicated include a brand new IP.
4) No Raven Beak? Cringe/s

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1) I would like to say a new IP, but the options aren't that many (maybe Ring Fit or Nintendo Labo for a super unexpected character) but they just doesn't work for me has DLC, I would rather prefer a new character for an already established IP but that it has not too much fighters (Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mother, etc).
2) Mii Costumes?, yeah, Assists?, no.
3) And that's other reason why I feel complicated include a brand new IP.
4) No Raven Beak? Cringe/s
I mean, we could add Raven Beak but the stage can't be from Dread.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In terms of content that has yet to be revealed, what we could do is create a general moveset for the character (like a XBC3 rep) and then, once content is revealed, retroactively go back and fill it in. Th eonly problem is the additional content that would come with it. We would have to do that for most of everything sadly.

I wouldn't be opposed doing a character submission that ties in with a new game coming out from that franchise.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Would sound stupid but maybe just save the spot of the character and continue with the rest of DLCs, and when the game is released go back and start the content submissions would be an idea.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xb3 comes out next month. I think we can wait.

A 2nd rep for something like Punch Out would be funny. I honestly think Kamek or Shy Guy as a 2nd Yoshi rep would be neat. The only Mario sub series not to get a 2nd rep.

A hardware or retro character maybe?

Janx_uwu

Smash Master
Writing Team
If we're going new IP, I say we go retro. NES at the latest. What @Darkonedagger said about a new take on an obscure IP would be based, like what Sakurai did with Kid Icarus.

I would LOVE to have Doc Louis as a rep as well. Stuff people have said before about a Hanafuda rep would also be sick.

And while I don't mind promotions, even as someone who supported Shadow for Ultimate well into its DLC, I think we should just allow brand new stuff not in the game yet. More interesting submissions that way.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Xb3 comes out next month. I think we can wait.

A 2nd rep for something like Punch Out would be funny. I honestly think Kamek or Shy Guy as a 2nd Yoshi rep would be neat. The only Mario sub series not to get a 2nd rep.

A hardware or retro character maybe?
While Yoshi would be doable considering the series has a wide range of locations, we did include a Punch-Out stage in the launch. While I would love to see King Hippo or Glass Joe, having 3 Punch-Out stages doesn't sit right with me.

Also, Chibi-Robo's series symbol has been added

I would add it here but Smashboards hates posts tha has more than 20 attached images.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changing my vote BTW. I think we should allow costume promotions but maybe not asssits.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I mean we have a bajillion fighters who have one

I think our best bet is a retro rep. 1980's or earlier.
I aren't someone who knows too much about ye olde vidya so can you give some examples of characters we could suggest?, honestly I feel that class of characters fits more in base game rather than DLC.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
How about a retro rep with composite content? Like say, we add Bubbles but she has an Excitebike stage. Maybe dig into the 90s NES lineup like StarTropics and the later years of the Game Boy like Mole Mania for music and spirits since they're still 8-bit regardless of era.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mike Jones, Chibi-Robo, and Dillon are all assist trophies. Unless we break our own rules and make assist trophies promotable, then they are out of the running. I do want to stress that this wouldn’t be the rule though, it would be an exception. I don’t intend for us be promote such things constantly just so we have more content to draw from. So, in essence, this character would have to be quite something in order to be promoted.

For sure Chibi is out considering he just got a stage for that series. Two dlc stages for one season is overkill lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom