• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Wait, let's address the elephant in the room here: would Geno still be a Mario universe character, or would he be in a Yoshi-like situation where it's just too different to just fall into the "Mario" umbrella?

I say we make Super Mario RPG its own universe alongside Yoshi, DK and Wario.

Last edited:

BlueCRE

Smash Apprentice
I would disagree, honestly. Mario RPG LITERALLY has Mario in the name. It’s simply a take on the Mario universe. To me, it’d feel like making Mario Party, Luigi’s Mansion, or even Mario kart it’s own thing, which already doesn’t feel right to me. But that’s just my feelings.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Geno's Mii Costume is currently represented by the Mario Universe for irl Smash (as well as his and Mallow's spirits), so I don't know why his playable character would be any different. And unlike the other Mario sub series that are their own universes in Smash, Mario is literally the sole titular main character of Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Even though Super Mario RPG would represent another half of the mario series, Geno appeared in a game were it had Mario as the main character in the title and the RPG Music are listed with the Mario Universe so it might be too weird.

This wouldn't be similar to Yoshi, Wario, or Donkey Kong since the RPG games have always been about mario & take place in the same world.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m pretty busy now but we will also start doing additional content along with moveset content. I feel we know the drill so all of the usual content that goes with additional content jobs. Sorry but I will be away for the next few hours.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
For additional content,

Entrance Animation (1)
Taunts (4)
Victory Screens (3)
Victory Theme (1)
Idle Poses (2)
Kirby Hat (1)
Boxing Ring (1)
Debut Trailer Splash Title (1)
Classic Mode (1)
Crowd Cheer (1)

Last edited:
Entrance animation:
Geno spawns on the stage as iinanimatd doll, but suddenly the star (his soul) crashes into his body, making him alive. Also he gets up after being awoken.

Splash Title:
"GENO is shooting the stars into the battle"

Boxing ring:
"♡♪!?"

The boxing Ring name would reference his real name.
(I know it's kinda off-the-wall choice, but still it would allude to his real name)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Classic Mode:
Save Everyone's Wishes!

This Classic Mode emulates the plotline of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Round 1: :ultbowserjr: +:ultkirby: x4 (Red)
Round 2: :ultbyleth: (Yellow)
Round 3: Bandana Waddle Dee
Round 4: Officer Howard x5
Round 5: Giant :ultkirby: (Yellow)
Round 6: Metal :ultkingdedede:
BONUS ROUND: Break the Targets!
Round 7: Giant :ultsephiroth:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Up Taunt: Shakes his head up and down quickly. Based on one of his aniamtions from SMRPG.

Debut Trailer: Geno Fulfills a Wish!

Victory Screen 1: Geno tunes and folds his arms while facing the screen. Again, based on his victory animation.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Geno Alternate Color Submissions

Alright, in addition to our additional content, we will also be submitting Geno alternate colors. Geno won't have any alternate costumes like the others but just color swaps. When submitting, please provide the source you are basing it off on and the color slot it takes up. If you wish to, please feel free to include it looks like.

By the way, we are still accepting moveset and additional content submissions. This will be a new thing where we will continue to allow this sort of content open even after we progress to a new portion of the character. This is to ensure people can get content in.

For those who would like to learn more how Geno could work,

Last edited:
Geno alt submission:
(KING) Smithy (Gray)

Geno's alt would be based on Smithy, a minor antagonist of Super Mario RPG: Legend of seven stars.
Geno's hat would be yellow with gray mark on it. His "hair" tuft would be white (like King Smithy's beard)
Geno's cloak would be gray-colored (his cloak string would be yellow). The outside of the cloak is gray, but inside is white.
His shoes are gonna be dark gray.
His eyes are red like Smithy's.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah I totally forgot these

This can help when preparing for any upcoming content as well.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1655054603714.png

Boshi (Light Blue)
A deep-voiced Yoshi from Yo'ster Isle and the champion of the Yoshi Derby, Boshi has garnered a bit of a following. In Smash, Geno's hat and cape become a brighter blue while the yellow becomes white. The orange ribbon also becomes more of a vermillion and his eyes become black to replicate Bodhi's sunglasses.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
About the poll, I think only the 4th parties that has VERY VERY VERY STRONG connections to gaming, Goku has a lot of videogames but I don't think we need to allow Goku, same thing for a lot of other franchises. The only exceptions would be franchises that are far more well knowed has videogames than other thing (The Witcher) or its heavily connected to Nintendo (Daitengu), more than that, please no.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
About the poll, I think only the 4th parties that has VERY VERY VERY STRONG connections to gaming, Goku has a lot of videogames but I don't think we need to allow Goku, same thing for a lot of other franchises. The only exceptions would be franchises that are far more well knowed has videogames than other thing (The Witcher) or its heavily connected to Nintendo (Daitengu), more than that, please no.
We DO have some precedence in canon Smash already, too: IIRC, Shin Megami Tensei started as a book series. Dunno if that has any bearing.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
We DO have some precedence in canon Smash already, too: IIRC, Shin Megami Tensei started as a book series. Dunno if that has any bearing.
It still being what I said, if the fame of franchise is mainly due the games than anything else I think is acceptable.

Btw tecnhically SMT didnt started has a book series but Digital Devil Story but I can't remind if it's considered a different franchise or just the evolution of the same.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we add 4th parties, we should just add which ever ones we want even if they haven't touched a game in their existence,

I also don't want this character to be anime or a superhero. Honestly a live action or book character would be rad, but I have preferance for cartoons. Maybe Mickey Mouse? Bugs Bunny? Homer Simpson?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't think we should force a video game conection, like Geralt would he cool but if we're doing foruth parties we may as well break the seals.

I do feel if we're going for fan requests then it kind of should be someone like Goku.

PastaRorroKuma

Smash Journeyman
If we go for fourth parties I think that besides characters like Daitengu or Nester which are connected to Nintendo, we should go for either characters like Sam & Max or Geralt which despite originating from non-vg media are very recognised because of their games, or, if we stretch this rule more, perhaps Goku or Darth Vader, yeah, I only like the idea of these characters getting in ironically but, Star Wars and Dragon Ball have a masive history in gaming.
Anyways I think that only Geralt and Daitengu should be overlooked and allowed to get in (If they have a chance)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In regards to the poll, it was something I was just curious about and not something I’m actively and seriously considering. It’s never been on the table before when I was planning for our season 3 jobs and there is a very good chance that it won’t change when we get to season 3. If we were ever to do a fourth party submissions, for sure the character would have to be connected to game and be recognized both in the West and Japan. That being said, I’m currently not seriously considering doing such a job and was curious as to where people stand.

Thank you to everyone who submitted content! I will be compiling them in the days to come. I apologize for a lack of updates but I’ve been rather busy and, when not busy, not exactly feeling the best. That being said, we are still lacking an Up Special. I will be saving this though for something later to please don’t submit one.

That being said, we are moving to…

Super Mario RPG Stage Submissions

Please provide a picture and explanation of the stage along with its name. Please also provide the following:

• Appearance and layout
  • Any stage gimmicks and/or hazards
  • Cameos
  • Omega/Battlefield layout
Also, in a departure of our typical formula…

Submit Super Mario RPG Music

We will also be submitting stage music for this stage. We typically wait until after we submit and get results of our stage but, in particular for SMRPG, the music doesn’t have to really fit the stage (and it’s debatable if it does at all considering tracks we have). That being said, we will submit up to 3 musical tracks per post

Last edited:
Stage submission:
Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG: Legend of seven stars)
1655134014618.png

About it:
Forest Maze is one of locations from 1996 SNES/Super Famicom game Super Mario RPG: Legend of seven stars and it's a labyrinth full of trees and underground passages that were found in this area. The underground passages in Forest Maze are accessed by walking down tree stumps as well as some regular forested areas. The main part of this place is full amount of unlimited enemies that spawn on your road.

This place is known for Bowyer's (Smithy's lieutenant) attacks on the forest and Rose Town (it's a town that is adjacent to forest maze) while shooting Aeros at the the town. When Geno showed up at the Forest maze (Mallow and Mario were spying on Bowyer), he fought Bowyer alongside Mallow and Mario and because of that Geno joined their team.

Layout:
Ok, so the layout of the Forest Maze stage for smash will be similar to Super Smash Bros Crusades's stage, but there are different details that would stand out from the SSBC counterpart. So let's get into layout, shall we?
The layout of the stage would
1655140753090.png

• Black: Solid Platform
  • Black lines: Tunnel entrance (The trunk one would be soft platform)
  • White boxes with brown outlines: Enemy spawn
  • Yellow: Soft platform

The stage would be medium-large walk-off stage that has a hill with a tunnel inside passing through the hill that also leads to a stump upwards. The stage has 4 soft platforms: One in underground portion and 3 outside of it (1 above the stump and 2 on edges of the both cliffs).

The hazard of the stage are enemies that spawn on the stage. Most of them are Goombas that try to attack the players (They act like in Smash Dungeon). You can defeat the Goombas with your attacks easily.
(It would be reference to the main point, where enemies endlessly spawn on this area)

If you turn-off the hazard, the enemies won't gonna appear here, making it for casual players.

The cameos on the stage in background are:
  • Mallow (Appears on right side of the trunk)
  • King Smithy/Smithy (Appears on left side of the tunnel)
  • Axem Rangers (Appear in underground portion)
  • Culex (He appears over the stage in background)
  • Bowyer (He occasionally shoot Areos on stage that don't deal any damage)
  • Gaz (Appears on left side of trunk)
  • Belome (Appears on right side of the tunnel)

The cameos often walk around or stay on stage. They taunt by doing their poses when opponent random is defeated.

As for Battlefield and Final Destination forms, they would have the same layout as other FD and BF forms. Only difference is that they have textures based on the stage itself. The cameo list on this stage is reduced to 4.

Why Forest Maze as stage?
The reason why I'm nominating this stage, because it's one of iconic locations from the game and it would make sense for a Geno's home stage.
It's also an obvious choice for a stage, since it's song is one of most recognizable songs in the game.
Besides that, Forest Maze is the place where Geno teamed up with Mario and Mallow in the game, which is one of memorable moments in the game.

Songs:
1. Rose Town - Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars
2. Let's Play Geno - Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars
3. Yo'ster Island - Super Mario RPG: Legend of Seven Stars

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom