• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Fortnite: Battle Royale

7up-v2-3840x2160-e11fc91a84d6.jpg

It's the hit battle royale game with an extensive amount of skins including crossovers from many different franchises. This gangbuster of an IP brings in billions every year so let's celebrate it with some spirits! More importantly, we can have The Foundation as the legendary spirit making the Rock canon to Smash.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, Was it just. Cause Yesterday i couldn't get on the site here due to it being shut down, my internet couldn't reach it.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Five Nights at Freddy’s (Five Nights of Smash)

197F9255-6D65-4B82-93C9-F71DC64CB8D6.jpeg

A super iconic indie franchise that can work with spirits. Even though the creator is not doing crossovers currently, spirits can work for them in our future. There’s the animatronics as well as the security guard. Freddy would be a controversial DLC fighter so spirits would work best for them in my opinion.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Five Nights at Freddy’s (Five Nights of Smash)

View attachment 345885

A super iconic indie franchise that can work with spirits. Even though the creator is not doing crossovers currently, spirits can work for them in our future. There’s the animatronics as well as the security guard. Freddy would be a controversial DLC fighter so spirits would work best for them in my opinion.
Don't we have quite a few FNAF spirits in base game? Would there still be potential characters to use?

Last edited:
3rd Party spirit submission:
Enter the Gungeon (Enter the Smashgeon)

Enter the Gungeon is a roguelike bullet hell indie game that revolver about 4 Heroes that travel on Planet Gunymede to defeat the Evil bullet King that live on this land.
They fight evil Bosses that have Gun or firearm theme like in game.

You know, the franchise has some potential and it can appear as Spirits without any doubt, since this franchise is popular among fans, but not really iconic comparing to others.
I don't see them as fighters right now, so we can make the as Spirits.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What sheet?

I checked the wikia and it’s not on it so I equated them not being in. What FNaF spirits did we include?

So it appears that Freddy, Springtrap, Circus Baby, and The Puppet are confirmed in the game. I was largely unconnected within our spirit submissions but that could of been also during my big transition so I lost on a lot of stuff that happened during then.

There’s enough FNaF to add. Remember, the winner is barred from getting a newcomer in dlc.

We will be closing submissions in an hour or so.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hi everyone! Sorry I don’t have time to compile all of our submissions for the Spirit Event in this postbut here’s our Google form to vote!!

Click here to vote

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I’m going to be busy tonight and tomorrow so I want to do something rather easy in the form of a discussion…

Who do you think is befitting for our final fighter for Season 1 DLC?

Here are some questions I pose to you:

1) Remember, Final fighter is relative as we may decide to restructure the season before finalizing the lineup. This is technically our final fighter for us to develop. Who do you think is fitting for the remaining fighter in our pass?

2) Does this character bring marketability and/or hype to the season?

3) Does this character help make this season memorable?

4) Is this character unique and set apart enough from Zagreus, Phoenix, and Sakura?

5) What makes this character a good pick.

Please note that Zagreus will be our only Western pick for season 1 so, while you may speculate on western characters, the final addition will be from a Japanese IP.

THIS IS NOT A SUBMISSION ROUND. JUST DISCUSSION AND BRAINSTORMING!!!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I get Astro Bears and leading into it without an explanation is funny but could you enlighten everyone with a small paragraph why this would make for a good a spirit event? Everyone else did.
Okay, but it's gonna be behind spoilers because it's a big writeup.
Astro Bears

Astro Bears is certainly one of the most interesting games on the eShop. It's most famous for being on sale constantly, usually for as low as allowed. If added, it would serve to represent one of the key parts to the eShop: shovelware. That being said, it's good shovelware. The best way I can describe it is as 3-D competitive Snake, where you have to avoid the Bear Trails of both you and your opponents in an increasingly small space. It's... quaint, and is definitely not the most polished game, but I think I got my money's worth (which was about a dollar)
[/QUOTE]

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, but it's gonna be behind spoilers because it's a big writeup.
Astro Bears

Astro Bears is certainly one of the most interesting games on the eShop. It's most famous for being on sale constantly, usually for as low as allowed. If added, it would serve to represent one of the key parts to the eShop: shovelware. That being said, it's good shovelware. The best way I can describe it is as 3-D competitive Snake, where you have to avoid the Bear Trails of both you and your opponents in an increasingly small space. It's... quaint, and is definitely not the most polished game, but I think I got my money's worth (which was about a dollar)
[/QUOTE]

You know what? Fair enough.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd say if we were to cap off this pass, we'd have to stick with Agumon. A lot of people brought up that there were a lot of "humanoid" characters in the roster and I can certainly see where they're coming from. However, bipedal Agumon is, he's certainly not humanoid, he's more of a dinosaur. Physique aside, Digimon would make sense on both counts because Digimon is an extremely big franchise that could both be marketable and extremely hype at the same time, finally letting fans settle the "Pikachu or Agumon" debate in Smash. As for how Agumon would be unique? Of course, DigiVolutions: unlike in Pokemon where the evolution is permanent, DigiVolutions are temporary power boosts that all Digimon can use in battle. For comparison, Evolution is like a Jester becoming a Sage in Dragon Quest while DigiVolving is more like a Super Saiyan transformation from Dragon Ball. We've had characters that swap between each other with the Aegis and Pokemon Trainer, but Digimon's take on the concept could bring another unique take on the "separate playable characters in one slot" concept, with Agumon being capable of DigiVolving into Greymon, MetalGreymon, and WarGreymon in that order. Besides, now that we have our new Sega rep, I'd say a new Namco rep is our next best step.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Well, we have three humanoids. I think something more... well, scrimblo bimblo would be a nice change; but it still has to be someone marketable. It also can't be from Capcom, SNK, or SEGA.

Big Japanese companies left are Konami, Square Enix, and Namco; personally, nobody from Square sticks out. Best options I can think for the other two are Bomberman (if he's not deconfirmed already), Frogger (though what all can he even do?), Agumon (which would work great as a pass-closer for being a huge franchise compared to three big but still not juggernaut series), or Klonoa, who is cool but isn't exactly screaming out for fans or even close to next in line for Namco, who have Digimon, Soul Calibur, and Tales still without reps. There's also Falcom, but it's much more obscure. Lastly, Tecmo still doesn't have a rep and Hayabusa would be the obvious pick, to finally give us a true ninja and he's kinda the last NES All-Star not here already.

A few less big ones are Level-5, Spike Chunsoft, and Type-Moon; most known for Professor Layton, Danganronpa, and Fate respectively, all of which I think would be too similar to fighters in the pass or are already deconfirmed.

I'm personally in the camp of Digimon and Ninja Gaiden being the biggest absences here.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
A Scrimblo Bimblo would be a nice change of pace and I obviously rooting for Agumon if it weren't for Bomberman being deconfirmed since he's a assist. We can get our first Bandai character to completely spell the full company name like Square Enix, a unique gameplay mechanic involving Digivolution and obviously the Pokemon rivalry, like you can't say no to that, it's basically on par with Mario vs Sonic with how much mainstream coverage it gets.

For the miscellaneous I'm favoring a rep from Koei Tecmo, but not Hayabusa no no I just felt numb with the idea and the whole "NES All-star" quota and the other option that I'm rooting for is a Musou rep. Biases aside I think people overlook this series too much because it has as many things going for it as Ninja Gaiden; it's long-running, one if KT's iconic series and has a disturbingly close tie with Nintendo (not in the bad way). Of course there's some criticism but I already address them many times and I'll probably bring that up again later. Also, bringing in the Warriors gameplay would absolutely be based.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I'm personally in the camp of Digimon and Ninja Gaiden being the biggest absences here.
Isn't Hayabusa Mii Costumed/Spirited? Feel like he was deconfirmed at some point.

I think you nailed the top 3 companies though. I'm not sure SE has anyone I'd call a pass seller left, although there are plenty of options left for just characters. Konami I think you could go Silent Hill or maaaaaaybe Contra, and there's some smaller options there as well. Namco I think the best seller would be Digimon as well, mainly for that mid 2000s nostalgia kick and the ability to do a Pokemon vs. Digimon fight. That's probably my lean as well. IIRC this is a submit a prompt job coming up though so I guess we'll see what people come up with

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
A Scrimblo Bimblo would be a nice change of pace and I obviously rooting for Agumon if it weren't for Bomberman being deconfirmed since he's a assist. We can get our first Bandai character to completely spell the full company name like Square Enix, a unique gameplay mechanic involving Digivolution and obviously the Pokemon rivalry, like you can't say no to that, it's basically on par with Mario vs Sonic with how much mainstream coverage it gets.

For the miscellaneous I'm favoring a rep from Koei Tecmo, but not Hayabusa no no I just felt numb with the idea and the whole "NES All-star" quota and the other option that I'm rooting for is a Musou rep. Biases aside I think people overlook this series too much because it has as many things going for it as Ninja Gaiden; it's long-running, one if KT's iconic series and has a disturbingly close tie with Nintendo (not in the bad way). Of course there's some criticism but I already address them many times and I'll probably bring that up again later. Also, bringing in the Warriors gameplay would absolutely be based.
Hayabusa's the mascot tho, if anyone from that company deserves it it's him.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Hayabusa's the mascot tho, if anyone from that company deserves it it's him.
Since when, they haven't disclosed it to the public or yet confirmed it, besides they share the same limelight on equal footing even so I'd say they both deserve the inclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We have had three kind of anime-styled humanoid characters in a row. I think a scrimblo or some form of unconventional character would do us good. I do like the Digimon idea that's being thrown around. Namco does make sense for another rep. For Sqaure, 2b probably isn't happening after last round. Bubble Bobble could be a cute pull if we go scrimblo, though maybe not a pass seller. Koei makes sense but maybe for next pass since their biggest choices fit the anime humanoid descriptor that's going around, as much as I do want Ryu Hyabusa. Could allways dip into something "indie". Dare we go for a "meme pick" such as Monokuma?

Last edited by a moderator:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I think we need a really big name to round it out. Phoenix is close, but falls into the highly requested category imo.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
We have had three kind of anime-styled humanoid characters in a row. I think a scrimblo or some form of unconventional character would do us good. I do like the Digimon idea that's being thrown around. Namco does make sense for another rep. For Square, 2B probably isn't happening after last round. Bubble Bobble could be a cute pull if we go scrimblo, though maybe not a pass seller. Koei makes sense but maybe for next pass since their biggest choices fit the anime humanoid descriptor that's going around, as much as I do want Ryu Hyabusa. Could allways dip into something "indie". Dare we go for a "meme pick" such as Monokuma?
Absolutely agreed with Bubble Bobble! I'm also with others for a Konami newcomer/fighter, too (Bomberman would've worked for this, if it wasn't for a deconfirmation). 👌 😉

(this part is for you, fellow fan SharkLord SharkLord )
Or maybe even Klonoa, speaking of Bandai-Namco and considering his multi-platform return in July this year (with physical copies, too - my most hyped reveal in the latest Direct). Another pick for both scrimblo and shill categories, as well. Besides, he used to be a major example in this project's former protection process from becoming a spirit (despite Triple Wario's attempt and Mr. Robotto Mr. Robotto kind of prevented it as he's apparently interested), right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom