• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Should I write up a spirit or....?
If that is ok, then sure.

While I was thinking of taking a small break between jobs, the weekends are end I am the most free and considering my hellish week next week, I kind of want to get some mileage done before I jump into trying to coordinate this and a million things that is bound to happen on Monday and subsequent days.

So we will be voting for the best title for this bundle. This bundle is basically all set to package but I forgot one important crucial detail...

SmashSpace Content for Sakura Wars.....

So we are jumping back into into the bundle and will be submitting content to include. SmashSpace is a social area of the game where you can decorate your area with various decorations and items from the series found in Smash. When submitting Sakura Wars content, please indicate the name, what category it is, and, if need be, what sort of function it carries. You can also submit wallpaper and flooring.

In addition, to get the ball rolling...

I am also opening submissions for our next ....

Online Tournament

Our last tournament was third party based "Invasion of the Third-Party Kind" so please avoid a submission that is similar to that. Please provide the name of the tournament, list of characters that will appear, stages, and any other items or options that are affected by this unique set of rules that comes with it.

Tournament Submission:
Good things take AGES!

Date: 21st Feb - 24th Feb

This tournament is based on SEGA and it's themes.
Fighters: Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Bayonetta, Joker and Sakura.

Items: SEGA-based items, Assist Trophy (Arle Nadja, Shadow and Akira Yuki) and Smash Ball.

Stages: Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, Mementos, Umbra Clock Tower and Grand Imperial Theatre.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Tournament Suggestion: Packin' Some Pounds

All characters with a weight value of 100+ are usable only, so they would be:
  • Bowser, King K. Rool, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Charizard, Incineroar, Kazuya, Piranha Plant, Samus, Dark Samus, Bowser Jr., Terry, Wario, Ike, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Snake, R.O.B., Banjo & Kazooie, Link, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Mii Gunner, Min Min, Ryu, Ken, Mega Man, Hero, Mii Swordfighter, Cloud, Jill, Leon, DJ Octavio, Officer Howard, Dr. Eggman, Crazy Dave, Iori, King Boo
All Items and Assist Trophies associated with these characters can be used only as well.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I will write up a Spirit battle for Sumire soon as I get home and a Smashspace item for Sakura Wars.

Some notable items, if someone else would like to participate, include Sakura's family's blade, Arataka, of course the Koubu which could be resized like toys and such, Erica's Gatling Gun and maracas. I don't plan on submitting any of these as I have something different in mind.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Heavenly Heroics

Get your heroics on by jumping in a fantastcial fight between all sorts of righteous heroes and heroines!

Characters:
:ultbylethf::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ulthero::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultpyra::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsora::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Isaac, Anna, Grovyle & Celebi, Reimu, Impa, and Marin

Stages: All fantasy-inspired stages

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have updated the front page a bit. Still trying to make it look presentable. Character info won;t fully go into the character sections until we decide the layout.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Note: I was given permission by Venus to make this.

Sumire.png
Sumire Kanzaki (Sakura Wars)
★★★ Grab Primary
Ability: Fan Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Byleth (Purple)
  • Stage: Grand Imperial Theatre (Original Ver.)
  • Music Track: New Years' Theme (Sakura Wars)
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy favors side specials.
    • The enemy heals when at high percent.
    • The enemy is equipped with a Fan.

Smashspace Item: Jean-Paul
1645331574305.png

Iris's beloved Teddy Bear! When interacted with, it will levitate for a moment, then cross it's arms in a hugging motion, and a small heart will appear above it, before disappearing as it lands back down.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Our Sakura Wars-themed bundle will be called Imperial Smash Revenue after gaining 14 of the total votes.

We will still continue to allow for SmashSpace-themed items for Sakura Wars. I will be submitted a miniature version of the Grand Imperial Theatre. That being said, we will begin voting for our second Online tournament.

Here are our submissions...

Tournament: Creativity at Work!

All stages and items will appear (though stages from casual, relatively modern "Others" series like Living Room and PictoChat 2 are favoured), but every fighter must be either
  1. Mii Brawler
  2. Mii Gunner
  3. Mii Swordfighter
Tournament Submission:
Good things take AGES!

Date: 21st Feb - 24th Feb

This tournament is based on SEGA and it's themes.
Fighters: Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Bayonetta, Joker and Sakura.

Items: SEGA-based items, Assist Trophy (Arle Nadja, Shadow and Akira Yuki) and Smash Ball.

Stages: Green Hill Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, Mementos, Umbra Clock Tower and Grand Imperial Theatre.
Tournament Suggestion: Packin' Some Pounds

All characters with a weight value of 100+ are usable only, so they would be:
  • Bowser, King K. Rool, Donkey Kong, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Charizard, Incineroar, Kazuya, Piranha Plant, Samus, Dark Samus, Bowser Jr., Terry, Wario, Ike, Ridley, Simon, Richter, Snake, R.O.B., Banjo & Kazooie, Link, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Mii Gunner, Min Min, Ryu, Ken, Mega Man, Hero, Mii Swordfighter, Cloud, Jill, Leon, DJ Octavio, Officer Howard, Dr. Eggman, Crazy Dave, Iori, King Boo
All Items and Assist Trophies associated with these characters can be used only as well.
Heavenly Heroics

Get your heroics on by jumping in a fantastcial fight between all sorts of righteous heroes and heroines!

Characters:
:ultbylethf::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ulthero::ultike::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultpyra::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsora::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda:
Isaac, Anna, Grovyle & Celebi, Reimu, Impa, and Marin

Stages: All fantasy-inspired stages
PLEASE GO HERE TO VOTE

As I mentioned earlier, next week is going to be particularly busy for me but I will do my best to keep the thread updated and going. We will be doing two upcoming Spirit Events (one which will include new Spirits, the other being ones pulled from our library) plus another Online Tounrament that will have some requirements for submissions. That being said,

Submit Alternate Colors for Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth
We will be submitting four additional costumes for Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry. Now, Hero presents us a slightly more difficult challenge as each alternate costume has a corresponding color. So do we go about the process of giving Hero two additional alternate colors or do we try something different? I felt the easiest and most realizable is this...

Hero will have two additional costumes added so, really for Hero, we are just adding two additional colors so this makes this rather easy. The two predetermined costumes are...

Female Erdrick aka Irin from Dragon Quest III
1645396444652.png

and Female Solo aka Sofia from Dragon Quest IV
1645396567056.png

I had considered just allowing us to submit protags from Dragon Quest but I felt that would muddle the entire Final Smash which isn't something we chose to alter before launching our product. I felt this was the least intrusive and most appealing as it doesn't cause an issue with the Final Smash but also gives Hero two female alts that are canon. So, for Hero, will be be including just two colors for Sofia and Irin.

For this reason, I am also opening submissions for Byleth to compensate. We typically do only 3 at a time but, due to this situation, I feel adding one more chaarcter would help.

As with Hero, Byleth does have alt costumes so we need 2 alts for male Byleth and 2 alts for female Byleth.

When subitting, please provide the source of the color along with a picture, the color slot it takes up, and a reason why this source should be given an alt costume.

Banjo and Terry will only have alternate colors. Not alternate costumes. Sorry Garou fans. I really wanted to make Garou Terry a reality.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Banjo-Kazooie: Green & Yellow Polar Bear/Green Woodpecker

Exposure to algae from warmer climates, such as those of zoos, turns polar bears yellow and green. Seems this polar Banjo must've come back from a summer vacation, as his fur is a yellowish green with a few strands of plain ol' yellow and even fewer of natural white. To make it clear he's polar, his nuzzle and all other skin is snow white. Kazooie is green with a lime belly; red forehead; and grey beak

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Just some concept art for the thread given our two new costumes, some great fanmade 3D renders of Femdrick and Sofia by Mutation Korno.

Sources

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Byleth Alternate Color

Enlightened One (Male Byleth) (White)

0E90B93F-D815-4F3F-B7FD-DF895109B5D8.jpeg
Male Byleth doesn’t have an alternate costume representing the Church, whereas Female Byleth has the Sothis outfit. The Enlightened One is the canon promoted class for Byleth and could serve as an extra reference to Rhea and Silver Snow. That said, the Enlightened One appears in all routes as Byleth’s promoted class and also appears in Fire Emblem: Heroes as the inspiration for the “Legendary” special unit versions of both Byleths.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Hero

Anlucia colors

1645400346528.png

She is a major character and Hero in Dragon Quest X this would be colors for Arel

Banjo

Banjo gains the color of Conker and Kazooie gains the color of Berry

Conker's Bad Fur day is another game by rare

Terry

Plaid

He gains the colors that are of one of Terry's designs in KOF For Girls

Byleth

Orange

F!Byleth gains the colors of Kronya

We don't have colors representing the Villains

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Okay so firstly:
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom "Arel"? Is that a name for the female Erdrick that hails from some unknown piece of media we don't know about, or is it made up for this game?

Moving onto the costumes:

Hero:
1645400741471.png

Jessica (Sophia Purple)
One of the members of the main party of DQ8, much like Angelo, who is an alt color for the Luminary. In this, Sophia gains orange hair and a blue top, in addition to black replacing the orange and the red replacing the purple.

Banjo-Kazooie:
1645401291273.png
1645401313591.png

Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong (Teal & Pink)
Banjo & Conker's replacement characters in the DS rerelease of Diddy Kong Racing due to the situation with Rare being bought by Microsoft at the time. Banjo gains colors based on Tiny, gaining darker brown fur, teal pants and a purple backpack, while Kazooie gains pink feathers with yellow plumage to represent Dixie Kong.

Terry:
1645401453718.png

Andy Bogard (White)
An alt costume based on Terry's brother. In this alt costume, Terry's hat becomes inverted, with it being white with the spot on the front being red. His jacket becomes white over a black t-shirt and his pants become a bright grey. Not to mention, he gains bright red gloves as well.

Byleth:
1645401586065.png

Rhea (Female Blue)
The archbishop of the Church of Seiros and a major driving force of the game. As opposed to male Byleth's blue alt, female Byleth gains the blue cloak, but her armor becomes white with gold trims and she gains even brighter green hair than her own canon green alt costume.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Okay so firstly:
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom "Arel"? Is that a name for the female Erdrick that hails from some unknown piece of media we don't know about, or is it made up for this game?

Moving onto the costumes:

Hero:
View attachment 345756
Jessica (Sophia Purple)
One of the members of the main party of DQ8, much like Angelo, who is an alt color for the Luminary. In this, Sophia gains orange hair and a blue top, in addition to black replacing the orange and the red replacing the purple.

Banjo-Kazooie:
View attachment 345764View attachment 345765
Tiny Kong and Dixie Kong (Teal & Pink)
Banjo & Conker's replacement characters in the DS rerelease of Diddy Kong Racing due to the situation with Rare being bought by Microsoft at the time. Banjo gains colors based on Tiny, gaining darker brown fur, teal pants and a purple backpack, while Kazooie gains pink feathers with yellow plumage to represent Dixie Kong.

Terry:
View attachment 345766
Andy Bogard (White)
An alt costume based on Terry's brother. In this alt costume, Terry's hat becomes inverted, with it being white with the spot on the front being red. His jacket becomes white over a black t-shirt and his pants become a bright grey. Not to mention, he gains bright red gloves as well.

Byleth:
View attachment 345767
Rhea (Female Blue)
The archbishop of the Church of Seiros and a major driving force of the game. As opposed to male Byleth's blue alt, female Byleth gains the blue cloak, but her armor becomes white with gold trims and she gains even brighter green hair than her own canon green alt costume.
Thank you for the correct.

The Hero's name is up to the player, a Dragon Quest staple, but the official guidebook (公式ガイドブック) names are Arusu (アルス) for the male and Irin (アイリン) for the female. In the Dragon Quest III CD Theater audio and Emblem of Roto manga, his name is Arel (アレル).

Changing it to Irin.

1645405632099.png

Banjo & Kazooie
Color: Grey
Banjo's fur turns grey and his backpack burgundy and black while his shorts are red with black stripes. Kazooie is brown with a white head mimicking a bald eagle but also Eyrie from Clickclock Wood.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The front page has gone through major updates with added information, content, and cleaning up. I will continue adding stuff with DLC, our spirit events and tournaments, plus added content before launch. If you see anything missing, please let me know.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Hero Recolor
1645419350859.png

DQ X Heroine (brown)
Keeping in style with half of the recolor being a reference to other DQ protagonists here we have the Heroine from DQ X, preferable for Arin due to her having a scarf. Her cape would be yellow while her tunic would be colored orange because her legging will be brown with her long sleeves being flesh-colored similar to DQ V recolor that Arusu was based on.

Just a nitpick but can we have a party member color that isn't just from 8? We already have Angelo and it's not like we're running out of options like one based on the female warrior class from 3, that actually fits very well because she has a helmet with wings that look similar to Solo's headpiece albeit is absent for Sophia but her hair were similarly curled up.
1645420440828.png

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
Since i never played Dragon Quest, i'll just post a Terry recolor.

Specifically Color 8 in The King of Fighters XV, where he as a white hat and jacket, black shirt and red pants. The logo on his cap should read "XV", in reference to the game being the 15th installment, or alternatively, Now or Never, the name of the game's main theme.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will allow submissions for our fighters for one more day. Here is the current count

Banjo: 4
Hero: 2 + 4 (we are going to have to pick and choose which ones so please avoid submitting Hero costumes)
Terry: 3
Byleth: 3

Here are the results of the Online Tournament voting...

Name2 Points1 PointTotal
Creativity at Work044
Good Things Takes AGES5 (10)111
Packin' Some Pounds1 (2)24
Heavenly Heroics2 (4)15

Our next Online Tournament will be based on Sega properties will reference the Sega hit Battle of AGES. That being said, Sakura will not be available for this event because 1) DLC character's cant be made availiable and 2) while we are deciding for this tournament to occur NOW, Sakura's release may come before or after it as we may choose to rearrange the roster to appear visually more balanced and pleasing. The current order is NOT set it stone.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a Spirit Event Based on a 3rd Party Switch Game

We aren’t being too strict with games that can be submitted but the prompt should be based on a third party Switch game. It can’t involve IPs based on non-game sources like Dragon Ball FighterZ. In addition, the prompt will disqualify that series from getting a fighter rep as DLC. We aren’t submitting Spirits yet. Just a framework.

Please submit the game and the reason why it could work as a basis for a Spirit Event.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
RACE FOR THE GOAL!
Rocket League Spirit Event
1645491922169.png

A Spirit Event based on the popular sports game Rocket League on Nintendo Switch. The Spirits would mainly be about the most popular cars used in the game that are original, so no crossover vehicles like the ECTO-1, Armadillo, or the Mario/Luigi NSR.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
3rd Party Spirit Event: Live A Live
LiveALiveBoxArt.jpg

Live A Live was recently announced to be getting an HD-2D remake, and Square Enix was VERY generous when it came to Event Spirits in Ultimate, so I think this would be a perfect fit. We could have the various protagonists grouped together a la the Bravely Default 2 Spirits, plus Oersted, who would be enhancible into the game's main villain, Odio.

(I know the game is technically old, but for a lot of people this is a brand new game, so I went ahead and spoiled it, just to be safe).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It's a Junior Adventure! (Humongus Entertainment games)

The kid-friendly point and click classics have adventured to the Spirit Board! However, like with all their adventures, they'll need YOUR help to get outta there!

Tommo Inc, the current copyright holders for these IPs, do like to market these games' rereleaes to nostalgic adults who grew up on them just as much as their original target demographic, and these games tend to be renowned for their clever writing that works on multiple levels - thus they wouldn't be as out of place or misaimed as you'd think! Plus it'd be funny to see Putt-Putt in Smash, let's be honest.

Before you pull the "would they want these characters to be associated with a violent game like this?" card, note that this was approved by the current copyright holders for official social media, they've done official promotions with YouTubers like BrutalMoose, and that those original games had their fair share of demented unused content

airConditioner

Smash Ace
3rd party: The Stellar Moments (Genshin Impact)
So it's not on the switch yet, but it will be! Soon! I swear! Anyways, the spirits will be based on major characters from each region. While there's a lot, there's a clear few that we can pick based on the story teaser. The game's been quite a hit, making tons of dough. It's probably one of the biggest Chinese made video games, ever. And also probably one of the mobile games ever as well. I hate this game with every fiber of my existence.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
3rd party: The Stellar Moments (Genshin Impact)
So it's not on the switch yet, but it will be! Soon! I swear! Anyways, the spirits will be based on major characters from each region. While there's a lot, there's a clear few that we can pick based on the story teaser. The game's been quite a hit, making tons of dough. It's probably one of the biggest Chinese made video games, ever. And also probably one of the mobile games ever as well. I hate this game with every fiber of my existence.
Wait, is this just a way to get Genshin Impact out of the running for DLC?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

So one of my most favorite games in the history of modern gaming is Ark Survival Evolved. I’ve logged in more game time into this series than really any other game aside from Mass Effect and Destiny 1. It combines my love for open-world games, Building things and creation-type gameplay, and dinosaurs. There’s some unbridled joy in building a cool base, taming creatures, and creating an army of them. Now, Ark on Switch has been…shoddy with updates that have largely fallen behind compared to the rest of the other systems. That’s where this event comes in…

Along with Spirits, Survival Evolved on Switch will get all of the updates that have since been released including:
The Center
Scorched Earth
Aberration
Extinction
Genesis 1
Ragnarok
Valguero
Genesis 2
Crystal Isles
Lost Island
And the upcoming Fjordur

This event would be a welcomed surprise for Ark fans on Switch considering we have been eating very little since 2018 with only vanilla Ark to play. As for Spirits to submit, there is a massive library of creatures to choose form such as Gigantosaurus, Maewing, Raptors, Dodos, Ferox, Mosasaur, and more.

Fun fact: I actually had included several Ark spirits in the early days but had them removed as I started removing other Spirits as well for being not so connected to Nintendo. I couldn’t justify removing Spirits yet allowing my Sprits to stay.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oyasumi!

Everyone's favorite depressing RPGmaker game, Omori, is getting a spirit event! Aside from the titular Omori, you could probably pair up every character in this image.
Oh god…oh god….
Nooooooo…..

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I get Astro Bears and leading into it without an explanation is funny but could you enlighten everyone with a small paragraph why this would make for a good a spirit event? Everyone else did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom