• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Absolutely agreed with Bubble Bobble! I'm also with others for a Konami newcomer/fighter, too (Bomberman would've worked for this, if it wasn't for a deconfirmation). 👌 😉

Or maybe even Klonoa, speaking of Bandai-Namco and considering his multi-platform return in July this year (with physical copies, too - my most hyped reveal in the latest Direct). Another scrimblo pick, as well. Even though Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario already added him as a spirit back in the Namco prompt, they don't deconfirm future fighters unlike assists and Mii costumes, right?
Oh Klonoa would be a soild pick! Got current relevancy too.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I feel the best choice at this point for a last fighter may be either Frogger or Agumon. I feel both are iconic and well-known. Plus, we don’t have a Scrimblo type character yet for this Smash season. Just my two cents.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would like us to go either with cartoony or animal based character for our last submitted fighter or maybe even something a bit more abstract.

Klonoa and Agumon are obviously good choices but I feel Jibanyan would also be an unique character. Additionally, I wiuld be fine with a robotic character but the only ones that comes to mind is Aegis, Fulgore, Chibi-robo, Freddy, GLADoS, and Zero but all of them are deconfirmed through various means within the next prompt. A dead/ghostly character would be pretty interesting as well while also keeping the criteria cartoony but I find that a bit limiting. And of course, these series and their characters has to be profitable and iconic.

I would also be done for a well-known baddie as well.

I feel keeping things open-ended enough to allow numerous yet good quality submissions that make sense is important.

Now, if I was to be biased, we would be "Submit a Farmer from a Japanese IP whose main series changed names with two offshoots now made by two different companies."

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Based on what I am seeing, it's a toss up between a Scrimblo fighter or an Animal fighter. I had several ideas going into our final character but I wanted to see people's thoughts on it. The result of this poll won't determine which direction we take but it is indiciative of where we might go with it...

The options are:

• Scrimblo fighter prompt
  • Animal fighter prompt
  • A mix of both
  • Everyone submits a prompt and we take a vote on which we think is the best. We then submit characters based on this prompt.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
I think it needs to be a big name character OR a character from an extremely well known series. Hopefully I can explain my thoughts in a way that makes sense. Zagreus is the new hotness(like Joker or Byleth if Byleth was from any other series), Phoenix is the smash community pick, and Sakura is the creator's pick(Like Terry or maybe even Hero). Unless I'm severely under rating Phoenix, we don't have a character that'll make everyone take notice. We need a Sephiroth/Sora imo.

EDIT: Also what's a Scrimblo?

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
My thoughts on the options:
Right there with you. There's more "scrimblo"/animal characters made in Japan as well (even though a former term is mostly used for Western characters in this community), like Klonoa himself (Namco), Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures (Konami), a Bubble Bobble duo themselves (Taito), etc.

Last edited:
Right there with you. There's more "scrimblo"/animal characters (even though a former term is used for Western characters in this community) made in Japan as well, like Sparkster from Rocket Knight Adventures (Konami), a Bubble Bobble duo themselves, etc.
Yeah dude.
Bub and Bob is an actual good idea, since Taito should also get more representation...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think it needs to be a big name character OR a character from an extremely well known series. Hopefully I can explain my thoughts in a way that makes sense. Zagreus is the new hotness(like Joker or Byleth if Byleth was from any other series), Phoenix is the smash community pick, and Sakura is the creator's pick(Like Terry or maybe even Hero). Unless I'm severely under rating Phoenix, we don't have a character that'll make everyone take notice. We need a Sephiroth/Sora imo.

EDIT: Also what's a Scrimblo?
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. We need a character that would make players go "wait, they got THAT character in Smash!?!"

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too. We need a character that would make players go "wait, they got THAT character in Smash!?!"
I think it's too soon for that imo, the examples War gives are all on the second Pass/Final DLC pack for the game which means it's more impactful later on, besides aren't the previous character a jawdropper already?

I think it's too soon for that imo, the examples War gives are all on the second Pass/Final DLC pack for the game which means it's more impactful later on, besides aren't the previous character a jawdropper already?
Maybe we shouldn't make surprising fighters tho, because Sakurai during Smash ultimate Era picked the characters that are really surprising like Simon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Not to sound rude, but I think the fact only a small handfold of users provided material for Sakura Wars says a LOT about the series's popularity with general audiences...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Not to sound rude, but I think the fact only a small handfold of users provided material for Sakura Wars says a LOT about the series's popularity with general audiences...
I mean isn't that also going in my favor, "a barely popular character that nobody bat an eye on and yet got a spot in the DLC" basically answer the "They got THAT character in Smash!" response. I mean I would say that too.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
True, but it does average out to 1 per pass still :)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
I would say no on all 3. Phoenix is a highly requested character. Sakura isn't very well known outside of Japan. I could maaaaaaaaaaaybe see Zagreus as one of those. None of them I feel like are twitter breakers or anything like that though

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I would say no on all 3. Phoenix is a highly requested character. Sakura isn't very well known outside of Japan. I could maaaaaaaaaaaybe see Zagreus as one of those. None of them I feel like are twitter breakers or anything like that though
That's a really high bar your putting, Steve is just that rare of a moment that I bet the character you think on top of your head barely touches the celling and probably go as far as trending on Twitter which is basically every Smash announcement, or are we just going to make up the best possible scenario?

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
That's a really high bar your putting, Steve is just that rare of a moment that I bet the character you think on top of your head barely touches the celling and probably go as far as trending on Twitter which is basically every Smash announcement, or are we just going to make up the best possible scenario?
Steve's announcement broke Twitter completly, so you cannot underestimate Minecraft's huge popularity in almost every single country of the frikking planet earth.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same thing happened with Zagreus. It's just the nature of these things imo.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Two questions before I vote.

1. What's a Scrimblo?

2. Does animal character mean no fictional creatures?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I think even if "Scrimblo" or "Animal" wins as the prompt, we shouldn't make a rule about the other one not being allowed, because though they aren't mutually exclusive, most tend to be animalian.

As for people talking about Sakura, let me remind you that her franchise is HUGE in Japan. They've had Sakura Wars stage shows going on since the beginning that are still going to this day. There's tons of merch. Six core games with spinoffs, multiple anime movies, multiple anime series, and Sakura was voted by fans to be the third most important SEGA character of all time, behind just Sonic and Opa-Opa. Her series was SEGA's choice to get the most playable reps in PxZ. Capcom and Namco's choices were Street Fighter and Tekken.

If anything, she's not the "creator's pick," she's the "appeal to Japanese audiences" pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom