• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for our next Spirit Event!!

Series3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Rocket League2 (3)025
Live a Live3 (9)6 (12)122
Junior Adventure3 (9)0110
Genshin Impact1 (3)2 (4)613
Ark1 (3)1 (2)16
Astro Bears01 (2)13
Omori2 (6)006
Overwatch2 (6)039
Fortnite2 (6)2 (4)111
Five Nights03 (6)17
Gungeon1 (3)2 (6)09

Winning on an overwhelming majority is Live a Live. This will be our very first Square-Enix Spirit event! We will be opening five slots from Live a Life. I don't know the characters to well but we should prioritize main characters and primary bosses over lesser known or side characters. Please follow our typical Spirit Submission guidelines and rules. Live a Live Spirit Event Spirit submissions are now open!

You can find more about characters here at the Live a Live wikia.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Here are the results of voting for our next Spirit Event!!

Series3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Rocket League2 (3)025
Live a Live3 (9)6 (12)122
Junior Adventure3 (9)0110
Genshin Impact1 (3)2 (4)613
Ark1 (3)1 (2)16
Astro Bears01 (2)13
Omori2 (6)006
Overwatch2 (6)039
Fortnite2 (6)2 (4)111
Five Nights03 (6)17
Gungeon1 (3)2 (6)09

Winning on an overwhelming majority is Live a Live. This will be our very first Square-Enix Spirit event! We will be opening five slots from Live a Life. I don't know the characters to well but we should prioritize main characters and primary bosses over lesser known or side characters. Please follow our typical Spirit Submission guidelines and rules. Live a Live Spirit Event Spirit submissions are now open!

You can find more about characters here at the Live a Live wikia.
Holy cow, my idea actually won! I think that's the third thing I suggested that ended up winning? I don't know, it feels weirdly achieving...

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So for the spirit, we could either have everyone as individual which is whooping total of 8 or 2 each which cut down the size to 4 spirit, I'm going to go with later as this a spirit event.

As for who's going with who here's what I thought:
  • Xin Shan Quan Master and Masaru Takahara (both story involved the use of martial arts)
  • Cube and Akira Tadokoro (both story happened in the distant future)
  • Pogo and Sundowner Kid (both story happened in the distant past)
  • Oersted and Oboro-maru (swords)

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So for the spirit, we could either have everyone as individual which is whooping total of 8 or 2 each which cut down the size to 4 spirit, I'm going to go with later as this a spirit event.
I was thinking maybe we could base some Spirits off of the main parties of each story. Like this:

1645662328948.png
Pogo (LIVE A ƎVI⅃)
Class: ⭐⭐
Type: Primary Attack, 1 of slots
Effect: Ore Club Equipped
  • Puppet Fighters: :ultwario: (Green), :ultdk: (Red), :ultbayonetta: (Yellow), :ultbyleth: (Yellow)
  • Stage: N. Sanity Island
  • Music Track: Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with an Ore Club (Wario)
    • The enemy favors horizontal attack inputs (Byleth)
    • Battering items will spawn
    • Hostile Boss Spheres will appear (Deviljho)

EDIT: Decided to make it just Pogo.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I was thinking maybe we could base some Spirits off of the main parties of each story. Like this:

View attachment 345958Contact Heroes (LIVE A ƎVI⅃)
Class: ⭐⭐
Type: Primary Attack, 1 of slots
Effect: Ore Club Equipped
  • Puppet Fighters: :ultwario: (Green), :ultdk: (Red), :ultbayonetta: (Yellow), :ultbyleth: (Yellow)
  • Stage: N. Sanity Island
  • Music Track: Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with an Ore Club (Wario)
    • The enemy favors horizontal attack inputs (Byleth)
    • Battering items will spawn
    • Hostile Boss Spheres will appear (Deviljho)
I still think that's too many plus I'm guessing we're going to favor the remake artwork since this to promote the remake and none other than Pogo has one yet (and also there's Oersted who doesn't have an artwork from the original game but instead one from a crossover event of some mobile game)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I decided on this number before looking at what we have to work with, I think group them by two's per time period with the five one being this ODOE that I keep seeing.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
While I decided on this number before looking at what we have to work with, I think group them by two's per time period with the five one being this ODOE that I keep seeing.
Actually, it's spelt Odio.

Anyway, if it helps any, here's a list of characters, for whatever we decide to do:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well, I'm going to submit mine
The Master and Masaru Takahara (Live ALive) (Artwork: Live ALive (2022))
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Ability: Fist Attack ↑

Puppet Fighter: Mario (Gray), Terry (Brown)
Stage: The KOF Stadium
Music Track: ART of FIGHT
Match: Stamina (300%)
Conditions:
  • You are giant
  • The enemy's punches and kicks have increased power
  • the enemy gets a major stat boost when badly damaged

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet

Cube (Live a Live) (Artwork: Live a Live (2022))
Type: Support, 2 Slots
Ability: Autoheal

Puppet Fighter: R.O.B. (Default)
Stage: Lylat Cruise
Music Track: Space Battleground
Match: Stock (1)
Conditions:
  • The enemy's health will be restored when at high damage
  • The enemt is equipped with Screw Attack
  • The enemy prefers to use Neutral Special

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So far we have...

• Pogo
  • The Master and Masaru Takahara
  • Cube
We do need two more but getting a wide range of Spirits will help us pick and choose which ones make sense compared to ones that perhaps aren't as important.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So far we have...

• Pogo
  • Cube
We do need two more but getting a wide range of Spirits will help us pick and choose which ones make sense compared to ones that perhaps aren't as important.
Just as a recommendation I think just having 4 spirits is fine, I'd say we can tweak Pogo's and Cube's spirit to include Sundowner and Akira respectively and if I may submit one more I'll add Oersted and Oboro as a bundle which perfectly represent the 8 main characters without going over the limit like OCTOPATH TRAVELER and Secret of Mana which includes a cast of main characters. I think Odio or whatever his other incarnation isn't needed given they lack an artwork and the rest of the characters from the series all play a supporting role in each of their respective story chapter.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
So basically...
  • Pogo and Sundown Kid
  • Akira and Cube
  • Oersted and Oboro
Yeah, like that, it covered each main character perfectly without excluding one considering all 8 of them is equally important and heavily promoted in the remake. Also, here's another one from me if you please.
Oersted and Oboro (Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Type: Primary Defense
Ability: Sword Attack ↑

Puppet Fighter: Isaac, Greninja
Stage: Spear Pillar
Music: Cosmo Canyon
Conditions:
  • The enemy tends to avoid conflict (Greninja)
  • The enemy's sword attack has increased power
  • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Nightmare)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So all we need is the Akira and Sundown Kid spirits to complete this event.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So all we need is the Akira and Sundown Kid spirits to complete this event.
Gotchu, fam:

1645736850195.png
1645736864033.png
Akira & Sundown (Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Type: Primary Attack
Ability: Shooting Attack ↑

Puppet Fighter: :ultkazuya: (Red Gi), Leon (Default)
Stage: Central Highway
Music: Big Blue (Mario Kart 8)
Conditions:
  • The enemy's projectiles have increased power
  • The enemy prefers Neutral Special (Leon)
  • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Psycho Mantis)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Gotchu, fam:
I think he meant like adding Sundown and Akira to the Pogo and Cube spirit like the in the list he posted, like this
Pogo and Sundown Kid(Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Neutral
Ability: Bury Immunity

Puppet Fighter: Lucas, Leon, Invisible Duck Hunt
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Music: Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Conditions:
  • The enemy favors side special (Duck Hunt)
  • The enemy's shooting attack
  • The enemy's Smash attack have increased power
Cube and Akira (Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Type: Support Grab
Ability: Shooting Items ↑

Puppet Fighter: Mewtwo (yellow), Metal Kirby
Stage: Onett
Music: Shooting Star
Conditions:
  • The enemy is easily distracted by items (shooting and thrown items)
  • You are easy to launch
  • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Praying Mantis)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think he meant like adding Sundown and Akira to the Pogo and Cube spirit like the in the list he posted, like this
Pogo and Sundown Kid(Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Type: Support Neutral
Ability: Bury Immunity

Puppet Fighter: Lucas, Leon, Invisible Duck Hunt
Stage: Gerudo Valley
Music: Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Conditions:
  • The enemy favors side special (Duck Hunt)
  • The enemy's shooting attack
  • The enemy's Smash attack have increased power
Cube and Akira (Live A Live) (Artwork: Live A Live (2022))
Type: Support Grab
Ability: Shooting Items ↑

Puppet Fighter: Mewtwo (yellow), Metal Kirby
Stage: Onett
Music: Shooting Star
Conditions:
  • The enemy is easily distracted by items (shooting and thrown items)
  • You are easy to launch
  • Hostile Assist Trophy will appear (Praying Mantis)
Ah. I see. That's a better job than I did in all honesty. I have very scant knowledge of Live A Live aside from what some friends have told me, so this is a great example.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SO we will be scheduling another Spirit Event along with the Live a Live one. However, this one will be our current launch Spirits. I intend for us to submit an event prompt next time for, for now, our next prompt for an Event is...

Attack of the Gingers!

1645758703130.png
1645758723916.png
1645758913379.jpeg
1645758912416.png
1645759035465.png
1645759210196.png
1645759307330.png
Comb through our vast library of Spirits to pull out our beloved (or perhaps unbeloved) gingers in the Spirit library! To gear us up for this event, I have steadily been updating our Spirit library to include past Spirits that we added. This would of been possible without the tireless work initially done by our Wikia team as well as the submitters who made these Spirits possible. I am considering updating the pages with Spirit Battles but this is a massive undertaking that I am not sure I am able to accomplish on my own. Still, I would like to see the Spirit Battles archived.

So, let that firery-red hair fly (and sorry Marin, Iori, and Anna are not allowed as they are Fighter Spirits) !

HERE IS THE LINK TO OUR SPIRITS PAGE

Please provide the information of the Spirit so we can make a note of if. While just posting the name is acceptable, due try to include the series and game it is from plus the Spirit stats so we can keep a balanced outlook on them. In addition, DLC Spirits and those from recent Spirit Events are out. Please keep your submissions at 3 max. If we need more, we will open it up for a second round of submissions.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I nominate Adelaide from Style Savvy, Wild Gunman from Duck Hunt (Check the spirit, he's got red hair), and Urbosa from The Legend of Zelda.
1645760031670.png
1645760041424.png
1645760174252.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I nominate Athena Cykes from Ace Attorney, Adelaide from Style Savvy, Wild Gunman from Duck Hunt (Check the spirit, he's got red hair), and Reyn from Xenoblade Chronicles.
DLC Spirits are ineligible so Athena Cykes would be out. I forgot to to mention but do try to keep submissions up to 3 so everyone has a chance to submit. While we could go the "DLC Spirits would be available for those who downloaded the content" but combing through which would be a DLC spirit or not would take more time than it should. It's better to just cut them off from the start to avoid any issues now or in the future.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Comb through our vast library of Spirits to pull out our beloved (or perhaps unbeloved) gingers in the Spirit library! To gear us up for this event, I have steadily been updating our Spirit library to include past Spirits that we added. This would of been possible without the tireless work initially done by our Wikia team as well as the submitters who made these Spirits possible. I am considering updating the pages with Spirit Battles but this is a massive undertaking that I am not sure I am able to accomplish on my own. Still, I would like to see the Spirit Battles archived.

So, let that firery-red hair fly (and sorry Marin, Iori, and Anna are not allowed as they are Fighter Spirits) !

If anyone wants to contribute to the wiki, especially by providing images for the spirit use the file name "SSBI_spirit_[Name here]" for new ones that are submitted in this thread, if we have a playable character that becomes a DLC but has a base game spirit, keep them while their fighter spirit uses the added keyword "(Fighter)".

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
DLC Spirits are ineligible so Athena Cykes would be out. I forgot to to mention but do try to keep submissions up to 3 so everyone has a chance to submit. While we could go the "DLC Spirits would be available for those who downloaded the content" but combing through which would be a DLC spirit or not would take more time than it should. It's better to just cut them off from the start to avoid any issues now or in the future.
Ah. Removed Athena, then.

EDIT: Looking at it now, Reyn isn't a redhead. Switched to Urbosa. Also added the PNGs.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We would greatly appreciate it. Of course, any submitted artwork must be a transparent image of that character and needs to be in .png format and should showcase the entirety or at least 60% of the character. Which reminds me, Sakura Wars page is finished but I didn’t add a button thing for it in the Spirits list.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Oh and also if their only artwork has things prematurely cut-off be sure to erase the edges with an eraser tool so it has a "fade-in effect" like the ones in base game. It's not really a must thing to do but pouring in some effort wouldn't hurt.
1645760463064.png
1645760471329.png
1645760522857.png
(Speaking of spirits are the ones from the Google Doc been updated? It currently missing the ones from the fighting game prompt and the Castlevania ones from the Halloween prompt, and according to Air we suppose to have a FE spirit prompt right after Anna's moveset finished so I'm looking forward how that turns out.)

airConditioner

Smash Ace
SO we will be scheduling another Spirit Event along with the Live a Live one. However, this one will be our current launch Spirits. I intend for us to submit an event prompt next time for, for now, our next prompt for an Event is...

Please provide the information of the Spirit so we can make a note of if. While just posting the name is acceptable, due try to include the series and game it is from plus the Spirit stats so we can keep a balanced outlook on them. In addition, DLC Spirits and those from recent Spirit Events are out. Please keep your submissions at 3 max. If we need more, we will open it up for a second round of submissions.
scroll up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom