• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Those two are completely separate comments from each other. Comparing Parappa to Ratchet isn't even a contest on who's more important both to gaming as a whole and to Sony.

At least Geno has popularity in the Smash fanbase. Parappa's basically a meme... oh wait, that's why you submitted him, because you don't take anything seriously. I forgot. What's next, you gonna submit Gex on our Square Enix prompt?
Are... are... are you implying one of the most signicificant landmarks of 90s gaming, possibly gaming's entire existence, is a "meme"? If that's your bar for a "meme pick" you wouldn't last a day in any other creation thread.

Also, even if PaRappa is "just a meme", being a meme is easily a bigger acomplishment than being popular with the Smash (speculation) fanbase, that's a much larger audience you're getting to there.

BTW, I plan to submit Space Invaders or Bub & Bob for an SE job.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Those two are completely separate comments from each other. Comparing Parappa to Ratchet isn't even a contest on who's more important both to gaming as a whole and to Sony.

At least Geno has popularity in the Smash fanbase. Parappa's basically a meme... oh wait, that's why you submitted him, because you don't take anything seriously. I forgot. What's next, you gonna submit Gex on our Square Enix prompt?
You joke, but there's actually rumors of a new Gex game...

balan (this is my submission)
I'LL TAKE YOUR ENTIRE STOCK!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Don-chan (Taiko no Tatsujin)
1645826006342.png

Why Don-chan?
Taiko no Tatsujin is one of Namco Bandai's most iconic franchises along with PAC-MAN, Tekken, and Digimon. He's a sentient taiko drum who serves as the mascot of his series and is no stranger to crossovers, and has even crossed over with several series already in Smash - including as of Infinite, Kirby, Splatoon, Ace Attorney, PAC-MAN, Mario, and The Legend of Zelda. Moreover, he's beloved by millions and his franchise has had a long legacy on Nintendo as well as in general.

How could Don-chan fight?
As a taiko drum, Don-chan could attack with the power of sound, utilizing himself as a weapon by beating on his own head, utilizing taiko drumsticks for melee attacks, and working with the very crazy, very Japanese background characters and effects from his own game. He could utilize his other friends from his homeworld to help him out to.

Yiptap

Smash Lord

To be fair, Wario Wario Wario has stated to like PaRappa in the past, so I don't think PaRappa would qualify as a meme pick.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Are... are... are you implying one of the most signicificant landmarks of 90s gaming, possibly gaming's entire existence, is a "meme"? If that's your bar for a "meme pick" you wouldn't last a day in any other creation thread.

Also, even if PaRappa is "just a meme", being a meme is easily a bigger acomplishment than being popular with the Smash (speculation) fanbase, that's a much larger audience you're getting to there.

BTW, I plan to submit Space Invaders or Bub & Bob for an SE job.
He's a meme in today's culture, that's for sure. That said, you are drastically overestimating how much impact Parappa's had over gaming culture.

Not to mention Sakurai has literally confirmed he wanted Geno MULTIPLE times. It's not even remotely just a speculation thing. Geno's popular. Yeah, he's a one-game wonder, but at least he has the luxury of being confirmed considered for the roster despite that.

I'll give you the fact at least you picked iconic characters for SE, even though one of them will be instantly denied for being an assist trophy.

View attachment 346116
Mametchi (Tamagotchi)
Not sure on the egilibility of a virtual pet submission, but owned by Bandai Namco, definitely Japanese, definitely Scrimblo and definitely a big deal.
The only reason I didn't submit him is because I didn't think virtual pets qualified as "console gaming." Otherwise, I actually think this is a great pick, in fact, all four Namco options are all fantastic choices.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Please be nice to one another. While you can disagree with a submissions, resorting to pot shots and personal insults will result in warnings being issued. The submissions, aside from Gex, all fit the criteria.
I apologize. While not necessarily an excuse, I haven't exactly been in the right headspace since Wednesday for... well, ya'll can probably figure that part out. I didn't mean to get overtly aggressive. Sorry to W3 as well.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
He's a meme in today's culture, that's for sure. That said, you are drastically overestimating how much impact Parappa's had over gaming culture.

Not to mention Sakurai has literally confirmed he wanted Geno MULTIPLE times. It's not even remotely just a speculation thing. Geno's popular. Yeah, he's a one-game wonder, but at least he has the luxury of being confirmed considered for the roster despite that.

I'll give you the fact at least you picked iconic characters for SE, even though one of them will be instantly denied for being an assist trophy.

The only reason I didn't submit him is because I didn't think virtual pets qualified as "console gaming." Otherwise, I actually think this is a great pick, in fact, all four Namco options are all fantastic choices.
Figured it was more of a R.O.B case. If it’s not eligible, c’est la vie, but I wanted to try either way.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Figured it was more of a R.O.B case. If it’s not eligible, c’est la vie, but I wanted to try either way.
It's a based pick though, it's weird in a good way, and virtual pets were a huge part of pop culture.

Honestly though I'd say it's more of a Game and Watch case considering the type of game it is haha

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Yes and what are you going say about it?
(Not sounding rude, but I'm curious)
...You're literally ruining the joke.
Alright, but how do we classify the pinnacle of chad - FRANKYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(I'll stop now)

Suuuuuuuuuuuuperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Alright, I admit, Franky is a Suuuuuuuperrrrrrr chad, but he cannot defeat Usopp in chad levels.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yiptap Yiptap

I really like that submission. ONE PIECE is a treasure among mangas and animes and easily better than run of the mill My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer. So I’m going to cancel out these submissions. Thanks everyone for submitting but we already have a winning submission here.

We will be including Tony Tony Chopper and ONE PIECE in Infinite.

I was planning on adding an anime character at some point and Tony takes the cake!

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Yiptap Yiptap

I really like that submission. ONE PIECE is a treasure among mangas and animes and easily better than run of the mill My Hero Academia and Demon Slayer. So I’m going to cancel out these submissions. Thanks everyone for submitting but we already have a winning submission here.

We will be including Tony Tony Chopper and ONE PIECE in Infinite.

DON'T GIVE IT UP (if you know you know)

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
SUMMONING CHARMING

Alarming, Boom Boom, Wallah Wallah, Bling Blam Charming

download (1).png

JIBANYAN

Who he is
Jibanyan is a major character of the Yokai Watch Franchise, an RPG series debuting on the 3DS, the spirit of a dead cat who got ran over by a truck, Jibanyan acts as the mascot of the franchise. He is part of the Charming Tribe, and is one of several Yokai you could collect and train similair to Pokemon

Why should he be here
Yokai Watch is the perfect nostalgic franchise, its popular but hasn't had a major game in a while, so that would generate the most hype, plus Yokai Watch was comparable in popularity to Pokemon, so It would be cool to have both mascots in the game

How should he play
He would be a lightweight, he would have two jumps and be a fast punching character with some fire abilities, maybe he could use his other forms such as Robanyan and Thornyan, his final smash could be his

PAWS OF FURY

So vote for the cat, because yokai that's why

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom