• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we wait for our results to come in, we will do a lightning submission round for our third scheduled online tournament. Past tournaments focused on third party content with a general third-party tournament called Invasion of the Third-Party Kind and then a Sega-focused tournament. This time thouggh...

Submit a First-Party Focused Tournament Prompt

This tournament will look to our pool of first-party fighters as inspiration for a basis for an online tournament. This can focus on a single franchise or genre to a more broader focus. When submitting, please provide the eligible fighters, stages, any items/assists, and any particular rules.

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
The NES/Famicom Club

A tournament dedicated to Nintendo characters that appeared on games on the NES/Famicom.

Characters:

Mario
Link
Kirby
DK
Samus
Luigi
Peach
Daisy (by a stretch)
Wario
Dr. Mario
Bowser
Zelda
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Marth
R.O.B.
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Duck Hunt
Takamaru
Little Mac
Pit
Palutena
Medusa
Ridley
Piranha Plant
Bandana Waddle Dee

Items:
All assist trophies/items from various NES games

Stages:
All stages from various Nintendo titles on the NES.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Tournament: King of Monsters

Characters: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultmewtwo::ultpiranha::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultenderman::ultzombie::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultsonic::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultdiddy: plus Crash, DJ Octavio,

Rules: All opponents are Giant, Stamina at 150%

Stages: New Donk City, Saffron City, Fourside, Onett, New Pork City, Smashville, Midgard, Prism Tower, Galar Wild Area, New Los Angeles, Nintendo Land, Central Highway, Suzaku Castle, Raccoon City, Delfino Plaza, Shadow Moses Island, Tomodachi Life, Skyloft, Wrecking Crew, Moray Towers, PAC-LAND

Theme: This is a beastial battle against monsters who have arrived by some sort of calling; to do battle to fight the King of Monsters Created and grown by some radioactive concoction, these beasts are ready to do battle in our cities, castles, roadways, and whatever else. All fighters are based on some sort of creature and the stages are base don urban-like environments where, probably, people dwell.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tournament: Teeny Tiny Trouble!
Fighters:
  1. Bowser Jr.
  2. Diddy Kong
  3. Toon Link
  4. Kirby
  5. Meta Knight
  6. Pikachu
  7. Jigglypuff
  8. Pichu
  9. Pokémon Trainer (Locked to Squirtle)
  10. Mr. G&W
  11. Olimar
  12. ROB
  13. Piranha Plant
  14. Barista
  15. Dixie Kong

Stages:
  1. Super Happy Tree
  2. Dream Land GB
  3. Flat Zone X
  4. Gamer
  5. Distant Planet
  6. Garden of Hope
  7. Hanenbow
  8. Living Room
  9. Waluigi Pinball
  10. Dr. Mario
  11. Crafted World
  12. Badge Arcade
  13. Home Studio
  14. Tetris
Rules:
  1. All fighters are tiny
  2. All fighters are fast
Items:
  1. Mini Mushroom

I tried to Revive the old concept and renew it.

First Party-Tournament:
Fire Emblem Clash!

Theme: It's themed after Fire Emblem franchise.

Fighters: All Fire Emblem ones.
Stages: All Fire Emblem ones.
Items: Breidabliks, Assist Trophies based on FE and Smash ball

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First Party-Tournament:
Nintendo Allstars battle!

Theme: It's themed after every Fighter that their franchises are owned by Nintendo.
Fighters: All 1st Parties
Stages: All first Party ones
Items, Pokeball and Assists: First Party only

(Am I allowed to submit the tournament themed after all First Parties or is it too much?)
yes, this would be far to expansive. Something more focused on a particular theme. This just copies our very first tournament we had with third parties. Try something different.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the voting for an animal fighter/scrimblo character! Thank you everyone for your submissions and we appreciate the time and effort you put forth into making them. We do have a clear winner though....

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Frogger3 (9)2 (4)215
Agumon7 (21)2 (4)227
Parappa the Rapper1 (3)2 (4)18
Balan1 (3)047
Donchan2 (6)8014
Mametchi1 (3)014
Jibanyan1 (3)3 (6)211
Prinny2 (6)1 (2)311
Klonoa3 (9)4 (8)421
Bub and Bob2 (6)4 (8)115
Cactaur01 (2)13
Good King Moogle0000
Metabee0022

CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE RESULTS

AGUMON JOINS SEASON 1
Agumon from Digimon will be our final submitted character for Season 1! It's inclusion will include Digimon related content as well as Namco-Bandai related content as well. Digimon and Pokemon have largely been seen as historical rivals; especially when it concerned the realm of anime. That being said, Pokemon has proved to be a more successful franchise thus leading the rivalry to be more cultural than actual sales. Quite interesting we chose this character with the announcement of Pokemon Crimson and Pokemon Violet.​

I have things to attend to which is why this is about 4 hours late but we will be starting a new job in a few hours.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Congratulations to Agumon for winning the poll! And with that, Smash Season 1 is almost finished. All we need to do is flesh out the Digimon Bundle and I'd say we've got a strong start for the entire DLC roadmap!

D

Deleted member

I would have been happy with pretty much all of these picks tbh. But this was extremely deserved. Congrats!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I know I advertised Digivolving as the main draw for Agumon, but the question is, is there a better way to do it than what I proposed because what I suggested sounds like a lot of work? We'd be making a set for effectively and potentially four separate characters.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Here are the results of the voting for an animal fighter/scrimblo character! Thank you everyone for your submissions and we appreciate the time and effort you put forth into making them. We do have a clear winner though....

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Frogger3 (9)2 (4)215
Agumon7 (21)2 (4)227
Parappa the Rapper1 (3)2 (4)18
Balan1 (3)047
Donchan2 (6)8014
Mametchi1 (3)014
Jibanyan1 (3)3 (6)211
Prinny2 (6)1 (2)311
Klonoa3 (9)4 (8)421
Bub and Bob2 (6)4 (8)115
Cactaur01 (2)13
Good King Moogle0000
Metabee0022

CLICK BELOW TO SEE THE RESULTS

AGUMON JOINS SEASON 1
Agumon from Digimon will be our final submitted character for Season 1! It's inclusion will include Digimon related content as well as Namco-Bandai related content as well. Digimon and Pokemon have largely been seen as historical rivals; especially when it concerned the realm of anime. That being said, Pokemon has proved to be a more successful franchise thus leading the rivalry to be more cultural than actual sales. Quite interesting we chose this character with the announcement of Pokemon Crimson and Pokemon Violet.​

I have things to attend to which is why this is about 4 hours late but we will be starting a new job in a few hours.
So, Does this mean we're allowed to post music & spirits for the anime?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know I advertised Digivolving as the main draw for Agumon, but the question is, is there a better way to do it than what I proposed because what I suggested sounds like a lot of work? We'd be making a set for effectively and potentially four separate characters.
I think Agumon and Greymon should be the only two, with Wargreymon being the Final Smash.
Alternatively the other ones could just be temp power ups without full movesets.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Potentially stupid question: will Agumon be the only Digimon rep? We may wanna keep that in mind.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With Agumon winning the voting round for our final character to get a season 1 spot, we will begin submitting…

Agumon Gameplay Submissions

Agumon is a character with lots of potential in the gameplay department. As some of you might know, Digimon are capable of digivolving and so incorporating this into Agumon’s Playstyle would pay homage to his source material but, there is also the option of disregarding that and just utilizing a more standard, non-gimmick moveset that focuses on his core attacks rather than a gimmick.

Here are some selected videos highlighting what Agumon is capable of:

When submitting, please provide the title of your concept to make it more easy to identify as well a write up of how the character would function within that game style.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I think Agumon and Greymon should be the only two, with Wargreymon being the Final Smash.
Alternatively the other ones could just be temp power ups without full movesets.
There's this game called Digimon Rumble Arena where everyone has 2 tiers of evolution, for Agumon he evolved to Greymon and the WarGreymon and I think we can use that as the basis for his evolutionary line.
Wargreymon is just too important to be left out moreso than Metalgreymon but I feel like relegating him to just be a FS and capping on Greymon in normal gameplay seems like it was cut short.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think giving Agumon two unique Digievolutions to be a rather bold but interesting move. That being said, I would say beyond a stat buff, I feel the best option is that two of the special movies changes per form. Both neutral specials would change and then the final one would have the neutral special plus the down special change. This way, we aren’t making three full movesets.

Last edited:

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Happy to see Agumon win, as I think he was the best choice. Unfortunately, I know almost nothing about Digimon so I can't contribute much for him.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I think giving Agumon two unique Digievolutions to be a rather bold but interesting move. That being said, I would say beyond a stat buff, I feel the best option is that two of the special movies changes per form. Both neutral specials would change and then the final one would have the neutral special plus the down special change. This way, we aren’t making three full movesets.
I like this but for moveset it depends on how can we make Agumon universal, maybe we can have his evolution's basic attack having a few changes in animation with the rest can be labeled as "the same".

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Actually, I could imagine the Digivolving working like this:

You start as Agumon, right? And you're working towards getting to your most powerful form. But here's the thing: from a biology standpoint, Agumon, Greymon and MetalGreymon are similar in appearance to a degree. So how about this: you're building up a three-segmented meter. When Segment 1 is filled, you automatically Digivolve into Greymon, which essentially bolsters the power of your moveset, no differences. Segment 2 does the same, but with MetalGreymon, who has more range and a further bolstering of attack power, still a similar moveset. But it's Segment 3, Digivolving into WarGreymon, where the character and moveset become entirely different.

So in the end, we've got a mechanic that initially starts as the equivalent of Steve's Craft upgrades, but max out it becomes a Pyra/Mythra-style swap-out! We'll only have 2 movesets to make!

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like this but for moveset it depends on how can we make Agumon universal, maybe we can have his evolution's basic attack having a few changes in animation with the rest can be labeled as "the same".
I suppose it could be like a mix of Sephiroth and Cloud. I know that sounds strange but…

Imagine Sephiroth’s Megaflare level 2 being attributed to Greymon is style and damage output while max charge Mega Flare would be attributed to Wargreymon. As for a Digievolve function, it could function in a way similar to Joker via meter and activated via down special. This would change the down special of Wargreymon as it would need it to further evolve. However, Greymon would need it to evolve to Wargreymon so we would balance things out by giving Greymon a new attack for the side or up.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Admittedly, most of my Digimon knowledge comes from watching Billiam's retrospective of the anime, so while I may have some ideas for potential Spirits (i.e. Veemon and Guilmon), I'll probably have to sit this out for the most part. But hey: at least Digimon got some kind of win after the recent DigimonCon. Let's just say a LOT of people are convinced Bandai doesn't care for Digimon anymore...

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
I suppose it could be like a mix of Sephiroth and Cloud. I know that sounds strange but…

Imagine Sephiroth’s Megaflare level 2 being attributed to Greymon is style and damage output while max charge Mega Flare would be attributed to Wargreymon. As for a Digievolve function, it could function in a way similar to Joker via meter and activated via down special. This would change the down special of Wargreymon as it would need it to further evolve. However, Greymon would need it to evolve to Wargreymon so we would balance things out by giving Greymon a new attack for the side or up.
MKLeo: "Agumon is busted."

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So....judging from what I have seen, most of what I think is people want to see Agumon digievolve via mechanic and I think that is an excellent idea. However, the question exists that should Agumon digievolve once, twice, or three times?

• Agumon to Greymon (1)
  • Agumon to Greymon to Metal Greymon (2) or Agumon to Greymon to WarGreymon
  • Agumon to Greymon to Metal Greymon to WarGreymon (3)

Last edited:
So....judging from what I have seen, most of what I think is people want to see Agumon digievolve via mechanic and I think that is an excellent idea. However, the question exists that should Agumon digievolve once, twice, or three times?

• Agumon to Greymon (1)
  • Agumon to Greymon to Metal Greymon (2) or Agumon to Greymon to WarGreymon
  • Agumon to Greymon to Metal Greymon to WarGreymon (3)
I would prefer the last option, since we could make him more unique...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom