• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Fake Agumon Expert. His color would be dark blue.

Are the special moves and misc. done?
Submissions were open for a day and a half so, yes, they are finished now. We are compiling the results and we will let the thread know

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SO we have just enough submissions, I have one in mind to finish off our colors and I will post the results in the next couple of days. With that in mind, we will begin submitting for...

Digimon Stage Submission

A Digimon stage, unlike other franchises, is rather difficult since their are many locations within the Digimon franchise. Do we focus on a game that wasn't on a Nintendo platform? One that was? Or do we dig deeper? The stage should be based on a Digimon game but I won't rule out a stage that exists both in the anime/manga as well as gaming. This includes a stage that was introduced in media but also appeared in a Digimon game.

When submitting a stage, please provide the following:

• Name
  • Game its from
  • Appearance and layout
  • Any stage hazards and/or gimmicks
  • Cameos
  • Battlefield and Omega Forms

Also, here is our lineup for Digimon content rollout:

1. Stage Submission
  2. Smash Dungeon + Smash DUngeon Enemies (we just have one)
  3. Boss Submission (we don't have any yet)
  4. Digimon Music
  5. Digimon Spirits
  6. Digimon-related wave
  7. 3 total Digimon Costumes (We will be adding only 3 costumes which will focus on solely Digimon, akin to what we saw with Dragon Quest)
  8. Pack Naming
In regards to our additional content, we had a three way tie between Assist Trophy, Smash Dungeon, and a Smash Boss. Seeing as how Advance Wars, Hades, and Ace Attorney all got Assist Trophies, I made a judgement call and gave Digimon Smash Dungeon + Enemies and a Smash Boss. This is because we don't have either as DLC.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Stage Submission:
1646350788217.png

Digital Monster LCD

Similar to Flat Zone, this walk-off stage takes place on an LCD device, which kick-started the entire franchise. The main gimmick of this stage? Why that's simple: raise a Digimon! In the background is a large egg that stays static until a minute later, where it hatches into an LCD Digimon, which is any Rookie Digimon instead of Agumon because, well, he's already playable. Halfway through that, however, icons will fall from the top of the stage in abundance that fighters must collect within another minute.

Meat: Used to feed LCD Digimon. This is used to win the favor of LCD Digimon, turning it into an ally.
Weight: Used to train LCD Digimon. Each weight increases LCD Digimon's attack by 0.1x. So 5 Weights means it deals 1.5x damage.
Lightbulb: Use to make LCD Digimon relax. This makes it faster with each Lightbulb collected.

After LCD Digimon hatches, the fighter with the most meat will gain it's favor and become a Flying Man-style ally. In the event of a tie, LCD Digimon will favor the fighter with the advantage in damage and stocks. If no meat is collected, LCD Digimon will die and the egg will respawn after 15 seconds.

While recruited, LCD Digimon will either do a physical attack that does a base damage of 8%, or a special attack that does a base damage of 10%. LCD Digimon also has an HP stat of 30 HP. Occasionally, Bandage icons will fall from the screen. If LCD Digimon's Tamer collects it, they will heal it for a quarter of it's max HP.

And to top it all off, each battle has a different color for the device this stage takes place on, which are displayed in this picture below. How each color is determined is based on the music that's playing at the moment.
1646380516194.png

(MAY EXPAND THIS STAGE LATER)

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Stage Submission:
View attachment 346641
Digital Monster LCD

Similar to Flat Zone, this walk-off stage takes place on an LCD device, which kick-started the entire franchise. The main gimmick of this stage? Why that's simple: raise a Digimon! In the background is a large egg that stays static until a minute later, where it hatches into an LCD Agumon. Halfway through that, however, icons will fall from the top of the stage in abundance that fighters must collect within another minute.

Meat: Used to feed LCD Agumon. This is used to win the favor of LCD Agumon, turning it into an ally.
Weight: Used to train LCD Agumon. Each weight increases LCD Agumon's attack by 0.1x. So 5 Weights means it deals 1.5x damage.
Lightbulb: Use to make LCD Agumon relax. This makes it faster with each Lightbulb collected.

After LCD Agumon hatches, the fighter with the most meat will gain it's favor and become a Flying Man-style ally. In the event of a tie, LCD Agumon will favor the fighter with the advantage in damage and stocks. If no meat is collected, LCD Agumon will die and the egg will respawn after 15 seconds.

While recruited, LCD Agumon will either do a claw swipe that does a base damage of 8%, or its own Pepper Breath, which does a base damage of 10%. LCD Agumon also has an HP stat of 30 HP. Occasionally, Bandage icons will fall from the screen. If LCD Agumon's Tamer collects it, they will heal it for a quarter of it's max HP.

Honestly a stage based on the LCD game is pretty awesome, if you can expand it more I would probably make so that the LCD could change its design randomly based on other model like the Pendulum Z or Digimon X or just randomly changes color.

A slight opinion, I prefer if the Digimon that hatched from the egg isn't just Agumon, considering the stage will most likely be a barren screen I feel you could spice it up by having the egg hatched a random Digimon maybe each one coming from Ver.1 to Ver.5, they still act the same but having a different sprite would be a giant treat.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
UPDATE TO DIGITAL MONSTER LCD:

• Replaced Agumon with all other Rookie Digimon. Will provide a link later.
  • Added several color variants for the machine itself based on music selection.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Our current submissions are Digital Monster LCD and Twisted Toyotown. We will commence voting later.

Here are the summitted colors. I will expand later.

agumon1.png

Yellow
agumon2.png

Red
Guilmon
agumon3.png

Blue
Veemon
agumon4.png

Green
Terriermon
agumon6.png

Dark Blue
Fake Agumn Experto
agumon7.png

Grey
Gammamon
agumon8.png

Lime Green
Pulsemon
agumon9.png

Black
Black Agumon
agumon10.png
White
Snow Agumon
agumon11.png

Purple
Gumdramon
agumon12.png

Pink
Ex-Tyranomon
agumon13.png

Orange
Palmon (also kind of Charmander)

So please check the poll at the thread to vote for …

Stage Submission:
View attachment 346641
Digital Monster LCD

Similar to Flat Zone, this walk-off stage takes place on an LCD device, which kick-started the entire franchise. The main gimmick of this stage? Why that's simple: raise a Digimon! In the background is a large egg that stays static until a minute later, where it hatches into an LCD Digimon, which is any Rookie Digimon instead of Agumon because, well, he's already playable. Halfway through that, however, icons will fall from the top of the stage in abundance that fighters must collect within another minute.

Meat: Used to feed LCD Digimon. This is used to win the favor of LCD Digimon, turning it into an ally.
Weight: Used to train LCD Digimon. Each weight increases LCD Digimon's attack by 0.1x. So 5 Weights means it deals 1.5x damage.
Lightbulb: Use to make LCD Digimon relax. This makes it faster with each Lightbulb collected.

After LCD Digimon hatches, the fighter with the most meat will gain it's favor and become a Flying Man-style ally. In the event of a tie, LCD Digimon will favor the fighter with the advantage in damage and stocks. If no meat is collected, LCD Digimon will die and the egg will respawn after 15 seconds.

While recruited, LCD Digimon will either do a physical attack that does a base damage of 8%, or a special attack that does a base damage of 10%. LCD Digimon also has an HP stat of 30 HP. Occasionally, Bandage icons will fall from the screen. If LCD Digimon's Tamer collects it, they will heal it for a quarter of it's max HP.

And to top it all off, each battle has a different color for the device this stage takes place on, which are displayed in this picture below. How each color is determined is based on the music that's playing at the moment.
View attachment 346666

All of our DLC stages thus far are pretty simple. Let's go all out with something crazy.

Twisted Toytown (Digimon Rumble Arena 2)
View attachment 346642

Directly recreated from it's appearance in Digimon Rumble Arena 2, but in HD; the travelling location in Digispace is a platforming stage made up of toys, cookies, etc.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit Digimon Music

We will begin submitting music from the Digimon series. This should be music from the gaming library but we will make exceptions for iconic and notable tracks that, much music from Final Fantasy AC, defines the series. That's not to say that music from the anime series that is considered a meme will be allowed. We are looking for iconic musical tracks that helps define the media franchise.

When submitting, please either include a link or a embed video of the track as well as the name and the game it is from. Please submit no more than 3 tracks. We will be adding 18 tracks from Digimon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Submit Digimon Music

We will begin submitting music from the Digimon series. This should be music from the gaming library but we will make exceptions for iconic and notable tracks that, much music from Final Fantasy AC, defines the series. That's not to say that music from the anime series that is considered a meme will be allowed. We are looking for iconic musical tracks that helps define the media franchise.

When submitting, please either include a link or a embed video of the track as well as the name and the game it is from. Please submit no more than 3 tracks. We will be adding 18 tracks from Digimon.
Note that all the music from Advent Children are remixes of songs from the actual game. I feel like the same should apply for other non-game media.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Note that all the music from Advent Children are remixes of songs from the actual game. I feel like the same should apply for other non-game media.
We are going to be a bit ore relaxed regarding our standards than in the past; especially given Digimon's impact as an anime rather than games.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I've been busy this past week so I missed out on the whole job submission and voting period, so my apologies for this being really late, but I thought I'd at least give my thoughts on the latest fighter. While not my first choice among the submissions, I think Agumon is still a really great pick for Infinite and Digimon is a great series with more than enough popularity and impact to represent in the game. And while I don't have much experience with Digimon itself, I'm still really happy for all their fans and I still recognize what a momentous occasion it is to finally have Pokemon and Digimon crossover in this project. And as a finale pick for season 1, it's a great choice as well.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Digimon World 3 - Battle Theme
Break the Chain (Digimon Adventure 2020)
Digimon (Are The Champions)

Considering how the anime seems more well known than the games AFAIK, I'd say songs from the anime like the last two are just fine. Break the Chain is attributed to one of the most hype scenes in the recent anime and Digimon Are The Champions is the one big nostalgic song from many Digimon fan's childhoods here.
If we're going to use an opening from the anime it'd make a lot more sense to use Butterfly instead of the dub done by 20th Century Fox affiliates. That's like adding Luffy and using the Pirate Rap instead of We Are, which while admittedly funny would be an insult to the franchise's original legacy.

Also dear lord, the "song" literally just repeats the same sentence a million times to a generic techno beat.

My submissions:

Butterfly
Brave Heart
Twisted Toytown

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If we're going to use an opening from the anime it'd make a lot more sense to use Butterfly instead of the dub done by 20th Century Fox affiliates. That's like adding Luffy and using the Pirate Rap instead of We Are, which while admittedly funny would be an insult to the franchise's original legacy.

Also dear lord, the "song" literally just repeats the same sentence a million times to a generic techno beat.

My submissions:

Butterfly
Brave Heart
Twisted Toytown
Put in a little thought and decided to replace the Fox anime OP with the "The Biggest Dreamer" from Rumble Arena. Sounds infinitely more pleasing, don't you think?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please remember to vote in the above poll for our stage!

As for the theme song, how would this be as a replacement?

I can’t imagine including Digimon content and not include this iconic theme song. I grew up during the Pokémon and Digimon craze and this became synonymous with the series. I would be willing to bend a few rules and pay licensing up front to get this in as a call back to those times.[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
I've been busy this past week so I missed out on the whole job submission and voting period, so my apologies for this being really late, but I thought I'd at least give my thoughts on the latest fighter. While not my first choice among the submissions, I think Agumon is still a really great pick for Infinite and Digimon is a great series with more than enough popularity and impact to represent in the game. And while I don't have much experience with Digimon itself, I'm still really happy for all their fans and I still recognize what a momentous occasion it is to finally have Pokemon and Digimon crossover in this project. And as a finale pick for season 1, it's a great choice as well.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Please remember to vote in the above poll for our stage!

As for the theme song, how would this be as a replacement?

I can’t imagine including Digimon content and not include this iconic theme song. I grew up during the Pokémon and Digimon craze and this became synonymous with the series. I would be willing to bend a few rules and pay licensing up front to get this in as a call back to those times.[/MEDIA]
We literally just talked about this smh

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
This particular remix song or adding the theme song to the song list?
Adding the FOX company owned dub theme in general. If you're gonna do the anime OPs, Butterfly or nothing. It's infinitely more beloved and sounds actually good.

Especially if we didn't include the infinitely better Pokemon original dub theme

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Adding the FOX company owned dub theme in general. If you're gonna do the anime OPs, Butterfly or nothing. It's infinitely more beloved and sounds actually good.

Especially if we didn't include the infinitely better Pokemon original dub theme
Hey now, we have Disney in the game, we can work something out.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

While Pokémon is known through the anime, Digimon is more affiliated with its anime. Perhaps it’s nolstagia on my part or never being attached to Digimon save for when it first debuted in America but the FOX theme song is very nostalgic at least to me. Is it more iconic than the original one?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions for music will continue until tomorrow

Stage Submission:
View attachment 346641
Digital Monster LCD

View attachment 346666

Digital Monster LCD wins by 8 votes to Twisted Toytown's 5 votes. Digital Monster LCD will be our Digimon stage for the pack!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
While Pokémon is known through the anime, Digimon is more affiliated with its anime. Perhaps it’s nolstagia on my part or never being attached to Digimon save for when it first debuted in America but the FOX theme song is very nostalgic at least to me. Is it more iconic than the original one?
It's the same eight words repeated on a generic techno beat; and it is absolutely not more iconic than Butterfly.

It's iconic in the same way the Pirate Rap is: for being a hilariously bad replacement to try and "Americanize" a blatantly Japanese product. At least Pokemon wrote a whole song. There was a whole controversy awhile back when a newer incarnation of the anime's dub decided to remix the FOX dub instead of going with the actual OP, a remix of (what else?) Butterfly. People were pissed, even the anime dub community was pissed.

I don't know where you get off thinking Pokemon isn't just as affiliated with it's anime as Digimon, as the anime for Pokemon has almost 500 more episodes than The Simpsons does, and is still going strong after over 20 years, and the most popular 'mons are, 9 times out of 10, ones Ash picks for his team.

On a more personal note, that song is the very reason I never watched Digimon. I found it so ****ing annoying I swore off ever watching it, and I'm sure someone's gonna call me for personal bias, and yeah, that definitely plays a part, but I am far from the only one who feels this way. The actual hardcore Digimon fanbase despises it, the people we're hypothetically selling to. Not to mention it'd be paying rights to a completely unrelated company for one song. It's not like KH music where Disney HAD to be involved because KH is Disney's IP, it'd be dealing with FOX for the rights to a song hated by the core fanbase and unknown to a Japanese audience. Namco doesn't own the rights to any of the anime's music, dub or sub.

Let's also not forget that even the little "non-gaming" music that has been in Smash was still produced by a Japanese company. Negotiating with the Japanese license holders would be easier, but even that's pushing it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's the same eight words repeated on a generic techno beat; and it is absolutely not more iconic than Butterfly.

It's iconic in the same way the Pirate Rap is: for being a hilariously bad replacement to try and "Americanize" a blatantly Japanese product. At least Pokemon wrote a whole song. There was a whole controversy awhile back when a newer incarnation of the anime's dub decided to remix the FOX dub instead of going with the actual OP, a remix of (what else?) Butterfly. People were pissed, even the anime dub community was pissed.

I don't know where you get off thinking Pokemon isn't just as affiliated with it's anime as Digimon, as the anime for Pokemon has almost 500 more episodes than The Simpsons does, and is still going strong after over 20 years, and the most popular 'mons are, 9 times out of 10, ones Ash picks for his team.

On a more personal note, that song is the very reason I never watched Digimon. I found it so ****ing annoying I swore off ever watching it, and I'm sure someone's gonna call me for personal bias, and yeah, that definitely plays a part, but I am far from the only one who feels this way. The actual hardcore Digimon fanbase despises it, the people we're hypothetically selling to. Not to mention it'd be paying rights to a completely unrelated company for one song. It's not like KH music where Disney HAD to be involved because KH is Disney's IP, it'd be dealing with FOX for the rights to a song hated by the core fanbase and unknown to a Japanese audience. Namco doesn't own the rights to any of the anime's music, dub or sub.

Let's also not forget that even the little "non-gaming" music that has been in Smash was still produced by a Japanese company. Negotiating with the Japanese license holders would be easier, but even that's pushing it.
I just knew Digimon based by the anime, not the games. I was drawing comparisons between how the Pokémon franchise is dominated by both the anime and the games. Digimon’s legacy is defined by more so the anime. I’ll admit I know next to nothing about the Digimon community but if you say they hate the Fox theme song, I’ll take your word for it. My friends and I personally loved it though and hearing it again brought up fun memories of us watching it. We don’t have to include it if you think it would create a massive backlash.

O based on that, how would people feel if the Japanese product got this victory theme:

While outside got this

I have no idea what song Butterfly is I’ll admit but, to me, it sounds like every copy-and-paste anime J-POP that I heard constantly in Japan to the point it became mind numbing lol.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
O based on that, how would people feel if the Japanese product got this victory theme:

While outside got this

I have no idea what song Butterfly is I’ll admit but, to me, it sounds like every copy-and-paste anime J-POP that heard constantly in Japan to the point it became mind numbing lol.
That's neat and all but it kinda seems unnecessary but I don't blame you for thinking that the Japanese theme song is repetitive. And also because I already submit a victory theme a few post/days earlier so I don't want that to get scrap.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's neat and all but it kinda seems unnecessary but I don't blame you for thinking that the Japanese theme song is repetitive. And also because I already submit a victory theme a few post/days earlier so I don't want that to get scrap.
Yeah, so I want to honor your submission but I stumbled onto these and liked them as they are within a Smash victory theme framework. Looks a lot better when we put links and videos in our pages. I’ll probably honor your submission though unless you feel these are more appropriate. As for Butterfly, I just have beefs against cheesy anime opening songs. Save for a select few I actively love (FMA’s first opening being one such example). Constantly getting blasted to death by Attack on Titan/Demon Slayer every time I entered a store gave me PTSD.

Here are our songs
Digimon World 3 - Battle Theme
Break the Chain (Digimon Adventure 2020)
The Biggest Dreamer

Considering how the anime seems more well known than the games AFAIK, I'd say songs from the anime like the center one is just fine. I mean, Break the Chain is attributed to one of the most hype scenes in the recent anime.
Digivolve!/Negative Event (it's a combination of 2 song from Digimon Story DS so treated it akin to Unfounded Revenge/Smashing Song of Praise)
Chaos Brain (Digimon World Dusk/Dawn)
Curling Theme (Digimon World)
New Century Theme (Vocal ver.) (Digimon New Century)

My submissions:

Butterfly
Brave Heart
Twisted Toytown
Honestly even as someone who thinks Butterfly is a jam, I still think including the American theme would be neat. But if people really don't wanna then fine.

Gonna throw in another Cyber Slueth song, Hope Ster

1. Digimon World 3 - Battle Theme
  2. Break the Chain (Digimon Adventure 2020)
  3. The Biggest Dreamer
  4. The Cyber Slueth
  5. Ya Cyber Sleuth
  6. Hope Ster
  7. Digivolve!/Negative Event
  8. Chaos Brain (Digimon World Dusk/Dawn)
  9. Curling Theme (Digimon World)
  10. Butterfly
  11. Brave Heart
  12. Twisted Toytown
  13. Digifarm-Farm/Computer Room

I don’t have much to add but I felt this one from Digimon Story to be fitting due to our stage’s “handheld” nature..

Digifarm-Farm/Computer Room

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Yeah, so I want to honor your submission but I stumbled onto these and liked them as they are within a Smash victory theme framework. Looks a lot better when we put links and videos in our pages. I’ll probably honor your submission though unless you feel these are more appropriate. As for Butterfly, I just have beefs against cheesy anime opening songs. Save for a select few I actively love (FMA’s first opening being one such example). Constantly getting blasted to death by Attack on Titan/Demon Slayer every time I entered a store gave me PTSD.

Here are our songs

1. Digimon World 3 - Battle Theme
  2. Break the Chain (Digimon Adventure 2020)
  3. The Biggest Dreamer
  4. The Cyber Slueth
  5. Ya Cyber Sleuth
  6. Hope Ster
  7. Digivolve!/Negative Event
  8. Chaos Brain (Digimon World Dusk/Dawn)
  9. Curling Theme (Digimon World)
  10. Butterfly
  11. Brave Heart
  12. Twisted Toytown
You forgot my New Century Theme

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You forgot my New Century Theme
We will be adding your musical track in order to get to 18. We have four more tracks to enter so those who submitted three already, you may submit one more.

That being said, we will move into…

Digimon Smash Dungeon plus Smash Dungeon Enemies

This will be our very first Smash Dungeon DLC submission. In this round, we will be submitting a Smash Dungeon based on Digimon. Past dungeons include generic concepts such as volcanoes and cathedrals while others were based on franchises. This would should draw emphasis from the Digimon franchise. This can be based on a general Digiconcept or something more focused like an area in a Digigame. Moreover, we will add Digibaddies to include into the Dungeon. Please provide no more than three Digibaddies. We will be increasing the amount from five to seven Digibaddies so the other four will be pulled from dungeons that didn’t win the Dungeon voting round. This makes this process both an effort within our community but also ones we will be voting on. I feel this creates a dynamic effect in terms of submissions and voting.
  • Please submit the name of the dungeon and what it’s based off on; especially if it’s based on a game.
  • Please provide the look of the dungeon and any sort of unique dungeon gimmicks or hazards.
  • Finally, please provide the Digibaddies that appears in this Dungeon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
All things considered I'm blatantly against including stuff that isn't from the games in the first place but the point I'm trying to make is that there is no logical reason to go with the less popular, unknown to Japan version of the song owned by a completely different company if this is supposedly being made by a Japanese studio.

It's not even reasonable to assume they'd go for anime stuff in the first place let alone the Americanized bastardization of one of their most iconic series. And I say that as a dub watcher of most anime.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
I'm just talking here to get continued updates so I wont moss anything, even though I have no interest in the digimon job

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Could just click the watch thread button tbh.
It is, but for some reason it womt notify me if I havnt posted on this thread in a while, so I have to constantly post here to get updates even if the current job is something I'm not interested in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom