• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So far the list is:

Adeleide (StyleSavvy)
Wild Gunman (Duck Hunt)
Urbosa (Zelda)
Tasha (Advance Wars)
baek doo san & hwoarang (Tekken)
Eoleo (Golden Sun)
Pippi (Eartbound/Mother)
SOPHIA (Persona)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
C. Viper (street fighter)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
Penny Crygor (WarioWare)
Bubsy (Bubsy)
Lankey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Apple Kid (Earthbound)
Madeleine(Celeste)
Kasumi (Persona)
Julius (Fire Emblem)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So far the list is:

Adeleide (StyleSavvy)
Wild Gunman (Duck Hunt)
Urbosa (Zelda)
Tasha (Advance Wars)
Eoleo (Golden Sun)
Pippi (Eartbound/Mother)
SOPHIA (Persona)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
Penny Crygor (WarioWare)
Bubsy (Bubsy)
Apple Kid (Earthbound)
Celeste (Celeste)
Kasumi (Persona)
Julius (Fire Emblem)
Celeste (Celeste)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love the character Metroid from the series Metroid. She is such an amazing bounty hunter and can shoot missiles and ****. Also, getting the character Minecraft from Mineraft in Smash was pretty cool but not as cool as getting Kid Icarus from Kid Icarus. So retro.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So far the list is:

Adeleide (StyleSavvy)
Wild Gunman (Duck Hunt)
Urbosa (Zelda)
Tasha (Advance Wars)
Eoleo (Golden Sun)
Pippi (Eartbound/Mother)
SOPHIA (Persona)
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Axel (Kingdom Hearts)
Penny Crygor (WarioWare)
Bubsy (Bubsy)
Apple Kid (Earthbound)
Madeleine(Celeste)
Kasumi (Persona)
Julius (Fire Emblem)
Here are our red-headed Spirits! Thank you everyone for submitting them! I have cataloging our Spirit Event entries on the main page...

Well, while it is sort of anti-climatic, we will be entering our....

FINAL SEASON 1 CHARACTER
So far we have added Zagreus along with Phoenix Wright and Sakura Shinguji. This brought us a Western Rep, a Capcom/Visual Novel Rep, and a Sega/multigenre/female rep. Both Zagreus and Phoenix are rather gimmicky while Sakura is more straight forward. In addition, Sakura and Zagreus uses swords and Zagreus and Phoenix calls forth "spells" and "items" for attacks. That being said, all three are humanoid characters with Sakura and Phoenix more akin to the "anime" aesthetic. We need to balance these out and I felt letting the thread choose our best direction would be best...

Submit a Third Party Japanese Rep that is either an Animal and/or Creature OR a Scrimblo Bimblo Character
Now, as always with our DLC candidates, this character needs to be from...
  • a popular/iconic series​
  • be relative popular within that series​
  • carry a certain marketability that helps sell the season and its bundle​
  • generate hype​
More over...
  • No Capcom
  • No Sega
  • No colors associated with dark blue, dark red, or pink
  • Doesn't utilize a sword
  • Is not Indie
In addition,
  • While being a Nintendo is certainly recommended and preferred, it's not a requirement this time around. Therefore, characters that appear on a rival console will be allowed.
  • That being said, this character must be a console/handheld-based character Mobile gaming is not allowed.
The leadership team is withholding the rights to disqualify candidates that are deemed too obscure, not iconic, relevant, or not fitting with our season 1 pass.

Last edited:
My submission:
Frogger (Frogger)
1645820655236.png
1645820686940.png

About Frogger:
Frogger
is a main protagonist of self-titled Video Game series made by Konami and he debuted in 1981 on Arcades. Frogger as you know it, he is a anthropomorphic (originally wasn't) frog that goes on random adventures like crossing the roads to get to his home. Later, he started appearing in platforming games like "Frogger: the great quest" or even others that appeared onward.
He is one of Iconic video game characters that originated from Arcade and he could be very fun addition to the game. Also, he would be another Konami rep, but he would be first Konami character that debuted on Arcades. He also appeared on Nintendo consoles like Gamecube or Wii during 2000's as his series had platform-based games.
Also, his arcade game was very influencial that other games like Crossy road ware made because of that. Because of that, Konami became very popular after releasing Frogger on arcade machines back in 1981...

How this green fella could work in platform fighter?
Well, Frogger is not a stranger for fighting games, since he is quadrupedal (despite he could have modern design) and we have a Duck Hunt as four-legged fighter, so it won't be a problem for Video game icon, Frogger!
His moveset would revolve around his games, especially the classic one and modern ones like he could have frog-themed attacks for example.
Speaking of moveset, here's the moveset that I found on internet, which I believe it's really cool:
(Credit: EvilWaluigi on deviantart)

He also could work similarly to Pacman, since he could transist between his modern form into classic form like Pacman does in his attacks.

His stats are gonna be easy to understand, since he could lightweight character with double jumps and ability to crawl like a frog (Do frogs even crawl tho?). He doesn't have any gimmicks, since he could be a simple fighter for Super Smash Bros. Infinite that would make people happy.
Besides that, Frogger's speed would be medium like Mario, but not very fast like Captain Falcon or Sonic.

Why Frogger needs to be in Smash?
I know we need a new Konami character, but we have Frogger on the table and I'm gonna say why he needs to be playable:
  • First, he is very iconic character and he is recognizable enough to appear in SSB.
  • Second, he would be another Konami rep, but he would first character, who is associated with green (Sorry Master Chief, but you're gonna be submitted in the future)
  • Third, he would be an another four-legged fighter that would be added into the game.
  • Forth, he appeared on Nintendo consoles like I mentioned earlier before.

I'm not gonna cover all the reasons, but those reasons that I've mentioned are basically important for me and that's why I mentioned them on Frogger submission write-up.

Also, I forgot to mention that Frogger deserves to have a representation in smash, since some fans want him in the game as playable character, which is cool.

(I'm not going to submit Klonoa, since we have others to shine on the stage)
(I know this submission is kinda comically-written, but that's the nature of funny scrimblo bimblo characters)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Was just about to ask the same for Klonoa, because of his clothes' color alone...
Wouldn't using Klonoa's neon-red PS1 design as default negate that? Now I think about it, I could maybe use the PJ Berri anime design to pass Pappy Rappy through

These colour rules are BS by the way.

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Wouldn't using Klonoa's neon-red PS1 design as default negate that? Now I think about it, I could maybe use the PJ Berri anime design to pass Pappy Rappy through

These colour rules are BS by the way.

Maybe you're right (a image came directly from Namco's website).

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would PaRappa be allowed, or is he too associated with dark blue?
KOS-MOS was one associated with blue but the work around was white. Unless the character absolutely is connected to dark blue, like said Mega Man (if he wasn’t in), then yeah, it would disqualify a character. Parappa could potentially be orange or yellow-orange. Likewise, Klonoa could be yellow in homage to its logo. I feel both Klonoa and Parappa have work arounds in the color department that isn’t solely restricted to blue. As long as it’s not blue, it’s aok.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
AGUMON
1645822167209.png

Who is he?

Agumon is the mascot of Digimon (Short for Digital Monsters), a monster-collecting franchise often likened to be the biggest rival to Pokemon in its history, made by Bandai, who would later merge with Namco. Agumon is a Reptile-type Digimon who uses fire-based attacks and sharp claws to fight, however, he doesn't just have those abilities: each and every Digimon has the ability to digivolve, which is effectively a Dragon Ball-style battle transformation as opposed to Pokemon's own permanent upgrades. Agumon's digivolution line is a bit extensive as he could transform into a metric ton of Digimon, but the main digivolution line that everyone seems to know from him is [Agumon -> Greymon -> MetalGreymon -> WarGreymon].

Why Agumon?

Though Digimon got its start as a Digital pet as a masculine counterpart to Tamagotchi, Digimon has eventually evolved to become a multimedia giant, having several video games, anime, movies, and even a trading card game. But we're here for the video games, which Nintendo has had several of over its lifetime, including a Smash Bros-style game in the form of Digimon Rumble Arena, so we've got more than a few facets covered!

Furthermore, Nintendo and Bandai-Namco have a very strong relationship when it comes to Smash Bros, with the latter having developed the last two games, and allowing Pac-Man into Smash 4, and they didn't just allow him back into Ultimate, they threw Kazuya and Tekken into the mix as well during the DLC run. Digimon is among some of the bigger Namco franchises out there, which include Dark Souls and Soul Calibur, but since this is about Animal/Cereal Mascot characters, Agumon is our best option.

How would Agumon play?

The best comparison I could draw Agumon's potential Smash playstyle to is Frank West's appearance in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, being a fighter that starts off fairly weak, but through DigiVolution becomes a force to be reckoned with. Each stock would have Agumon start off as himself, being a fast fighter that deals some decent sustained damage for his size. Through DigiVolution, however the heck we execute that, he can become Greymon, who's more of a slow bruiser with fewer projectiles, MetalGreymon, who is a slightly faster version of Greymon with some powerful projectiles, and finally WarGreymon, who would be a combination of all previous three forms' strong points, being a fast character with powerful burst damage and some amazing range through either disjoints or projectiles. DigiVolution would serve as a unique take on the tag-team character gimmick that the Pokemon Trainer and Pyra & Mythra have by not making the DigiVolutions active "tag-team members", but unique characters that serve as battle transformations that upgrade your moveset.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
PaRappa the Rapper

Debuting in 1996, PaRappa the Rapper is a game about a young pup who learns a variety of skills to outclass a bragadocious billionaire and win the love of his crush, the (literal) flower Sunny Funny. The first true rhythm game, it's influence can be seen in some form - in or directly - in every rhythm game since, and while it's been a hot minute since the last PaRappa adventure, the character lives in through nostalgia; memes; and merchandise projects alike.

Why should PaRappa be in Smash?
As mentioned in the opening paragraph, PaRappa the Rapper was THE FIRST true rhythm game. This makes him a great pick to represent Sony as one of their biggest contributions to the gaming industry - additionally, PaRappa has a large fandom to this day, with fan communties being highly active and not being exclusive to PlayStation fans thanks to the series' music and graphics being the primary source of fandom rather than gameplay. PaRappa merchandise is still released frequently and the character is recognisable even to post-PS2 generations - his most recent anime having ended in 2017! He previously appeared in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as one of the first fighters announced and thus will be familiar with platform fighter fans.

How would PaRappa fight?
PaRappa has already appeared in a fighting game: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, where he took the role of the beginner shoto fighter - using karate skills for lights, skateboard slams for strongs, and musical equipment for specials. PaRappa doesn't need to be a simple fighter however, we could give him a gimmick (the ever famous U Rappin' meter, which punishes bad play and rewards good could be a good place to start) - and let's not forget the variety of hobbies and jobs PaRappa has had - in the 3 games PaRappa appears in, he has done the following:

1. Learned karate
  2. Drove a car
  3. Worked at a flea market
  4. Cooking seafood cake
  5. Performed a concert
  6. Put out a fire
  7. Looked after babies
  8. Piloted a plane
  9. Cut down a tree
  10. Went to Hell(!)
  11. Made burgers
  12. Watched a TV show labled "strictly for adults"
  13. Became giant and tiny
  14. Went for military training
  15. Worked as a hairdresser
  16. Played a magic video game that makes your body reject all food except noodles if you lose
  17. Stopped a takeover by the Noodle Syndicate intent on replacing all food with noodles
Let your imagination go crazy with how all of those can be used in battle. Another thing of note about PaRappa is that he's flat - we could incorporate this into his moveset in many ways, a lighter weight? Flattening onto the ground? Dodging attacks by spinning? self-origami?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
PaRappa the Rapper

Debuting in 1996, PaRappa the Rapper is a game about a young pup who learns a variety of skills to outclass a bragadocious billionaire and win the love of his crush, the (literal) flower Sunny Funny. The first true rhythm game, it's influence can be seen in some form - in or directly - in every rhythm game since, and while it's been a hot minute since the last PaRappa adventure, the character lives in through nostalgia; memes; and merchandise projects alike.

Why should PaRappa be in Smash?
As mentioned in the opening paragraph, PaRappa the Rapper was THE FIRST true rhythm game. This makes him a great pick to represent Sony as one of their biggest contributions to the gaming industry - additionally, PaRappa has a large fandom to this day, with fan communties being highly active and not being exclusive to PlayStation fans thanks to the series' music and graphics being the primary source of fandom rather than gameplay. PaRappa merchandise is still released frequently and the character is recognisable even to post-PS2 generations - his most recent anime having ended in 2017! He previously appeared in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as one of the first fighters announced and thus will be familiar with platform fighter fans.

How would PaRappa fight?
PaRappa has already appeared in a fighting game: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, where he took the role of the beginner shoto fighter - using karate skills for lights, skateboard slams for strongs, and musical equipment for specials. PaRappa doesn't need to be a simple fighter however, we could give him a gimmick (the ever famous U Rappin' meter, which punishes bad play and rewards good could be a good place to start) - and let's not forget the variety of hobbies and jobs PaRappa has had - in the 3 games PaRappa appears in, he has done the following:

1. Learned karate
  2. Drove a car
  3. Worked at a flea market
  4. Cooking seafood cake
  5. Performed a concert
  6. Put out a fire
  7. Looked after babies
  8. Piloted a plane
  9. Cut down a tree
  10. Went to Hell(!)
  11. Made burgers
  12. Watched a TV show labled "strictly for adults"
  13. Became giant and tiny
  14. Went for military training
  15. Worked as a hairdresser
  16. Played a magic video game that makes your body reject all food except noodles if you lose
  17. Stopped a takeover by the Noodle Syndicate intent on replacing all food with noodles
Let your imagination go crazy with how all of those can be used in battle. Another thing of note about PaRappa is that he's flat - we could incorporate this into his moveset in many ways, a lighter weight? Flattening onto the ground? Dodging attacks by spinning? self-origami?
We already have one rhythm dog, we don't need another. Not to mention there are so, so many better and more fitting fighters from Sony.

Also, isn't Parappa kinda infamous for uh... not being a very good game? The timing on the rhythm doesn't compensate for controller lag input.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
We already have one rhythm dog, we don't need another. Not to mention there are so, so many better and more fitting fighters from Sony.

Also, isn't Parappa kinda infamous for uh... not being a very good game? The timing on the rhythm doesn't compensate for controller lag input.
We already have one hungry ball, we don't need another. Same with the laser-shooting NES robots and mammal+bird duos

Anyway, PaRappa's historical significance inherently negates those other two factors - even if he isn't as popular as Kratos or his game is unplayable garbage (the first... is, I'll admit, but Lammy and 2 hold up - not that that would stop him, outside of history the PaRappa games are remembered for the music, and being bad-gameplay-good-everything-else didn't stop Ness and certainly hasn't stopped our earlier submissions for Ninten/Giegue), the sheer importance of being THE first rhythm game character puts him on equal footing with Sackboy, Ratchet, Aloy, and the likes. Just as ROB and Duck Hunt were higher priority than Mach Rider or Takamaru

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We already have one hungry ball, we don't need another. Same with the laser-shooting robots and mammal+bird duos

Anyway, PaRappa's historical significance inherently negates those other two factors - even if he isn't as popular as Kratos or his game is unplayable garbage (the first... is, I'll admit, but Lammy and 2 hold up), the sheer importance of being THE first rhythm game character puts him on equal footing with Sackboy, Ratchet, Aloy, and the likes.
Character with three mediocre games versus Ratchet, a character with... 17 games? Yeah, real equal footing there.

I was about to submit Palico, but forgot Capcom was out. ****.

...what's Geno's status in this game? Have we kept his Mii costume?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Can't make this up.
Those two are completely separate comments from each other. Comparing Parappa to Ratchet isn't even a contest on who's more important both to gaming as a whole and to Sony.

At least Geno has popularity in the Smash fanbase. Parappa's basically a meme... oh wait, that's why you submitted him, because you don't take anything seriously. I forgot. What's next, you gonna submit Gex on our Square Enix prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom