• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
TBF tho, you kinda covered all the important characters already with your Tokyo Flower Division Spirit. Not criticizing, just pointing out.
Erica, Gemini, Ogami, and Sumire are all important characters and absolutely deserve solo spirits. You could argue Ogami and Sumire are covered with the legend spirit, but all the Phantom Thieves have both a normal spirit and are part of a group spirit. Characters like Ranmaru and Ciseaux shouldn't even remotely be considered until the actual main characters from their games are spirits.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Erica, Gemini, Ogami, and Sumire are all important characters and absolutely deserve solo spirits. You could argue Ogami and Sumire are covered with the legend spirit, but all the Phantom Thieves have both a normal spirit and are part of a group spirit. Characters like Ranmaru and Ciseaux shouldn't even remotely be considered until the actual main characters from their games are spirits.
To be fair, wasn't the DQ11 party all in one Spirit, rather than individual?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Seijuro Kamiyama & Anastasia Palma (Sakura Wars)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral 3 slots
Effect: Sword damage up
  • Puppet Fighter: White Marth & Blue Bayonetta
  • Stage: Imperial Theatre
  • Music Track: Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Troop -shinsou-
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a killing edge (Marth)
    • The enemies sword attacks are more powerful (Marth)
    • The enemies gun attacks are more powerful (Bayonetta)
Azami Mochizuki & Clarissa Snowflake (Sakura Wars)
Class: Support Advanced
Type: Grab 1 slot
Effect: Easier Dodge
  • Puppet Fighter: Shiek & Green Zelda
  • Stage: Grand Imperial Theatre
  • Music Track: Battle Theme 1 (New Sakura Wars 2019)
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemies magic attacks are stronger (Zelda)
    • The enemeis physical attacks are stronger (Sheik)

I wanted to do Sakura and Kamiyama because that makes more sense but Amamiya was already done.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
To be fair, wasn't the DQ11 party all in one Spirit, rather than individual?
Yeah, but that's because they had other iconic characters to utilize; a bunch of recurring enemies that appear in literally every game.

Ogami is the actual player character. That alone deserves a spirit.
Sumire is a major plot character in 5 out of the 6 games, only sitting out in SW5, and later becomes the manager of the theatre and commander for the Flower Division.
Erica is the main girl/main character of SW3; and she's also an assist trophy. All assist trophies have spirits, that justifies that.
Gemini is the main girl/main character of SW5 and has a Mii costume.

Meanwhile, Ranmaru, Ciseux, and the Arahabaki are only minor antagonists, not even the main villains, hell, the Arahabaki isn't even a character it's just a mech for the irritating Oboro to operate, who again, is not the main antagonist

Yasha and the other New Sakura Wars characters are fine, but now we're getting way too far into NSW stuff. And I really adore the cast of that game.
Iris is inoffensive but is covered with the legendary spirit I submitted.

If we're only getting 13 and accept everything we have here as is, we have 4 spirit slots left.

Even if we lump Ogami and Sumire into the group spirit and call it a day though that still does nothing for Gemini or Erica

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
View attachment 345532Ciseaux
(Artwork: Project X Zone)
:starman::starman::starman: Attack Primary
Ability: Jump increase

• Puppet Fighter: Giant Dr. Eggman (Purple Alt)
  • Music: Chattes Noires
  • Match: Stock

Conditions:
  • The enemy is Giant.
  • The enemy loves to Jump.
  • The enemy's FS meter charges quickly.

View attachment 345533Arahabaki
:starman::starman::starman: Shield primary
Ability: Ranged attack increased

Conditions:
  • The enemy is Giant.
  • The enemy is Metal.
  • Hostile ATs appear (Andross)
  • Certain items will appear on the stage (Ray Gun, Super Scope and Rage Blaster)

Don't judge my Spirit ideas.
I was gonna make a Ciseaux Spirit Battle, Oh Well.

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
I don't know if i should make a Ayame spirit or not. Venus said that only two spirits per user, so Ranmaru is one of them. Why? Not because her corrupted form has a risque appearance, but i want her to evolve into her corrupted form, so is it not ok to submit one that is technically a third spirit?

Side Note: I added the movelist and other stuff for Eggman, Zagreus and many on the wiki, like this one for example.

Wanna see me doing it again?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't know if i should make a Ayame spirit or not. Venus said that only two spirits per user, so Ranmaru is one of them. Why? Not because her corrupted form has a risque appearance, but i want her to evolve into her corrupted form, so is it not ok to submit one that is technically a third spirit?
Ayame's corrupted form is more raunchy than Mai Shiranui, to a point I don't think we could even reasonably post the image here. I guess there's also her angelic form, but there's no officially released concept art of it.

And can we please submit important characters -_-

Last edited:

Collaterale1

Smash Cadet
Oh and add Final Battle from the original as well.
Ayame Fujieda (Sakura Wars)
Type: Primary Grab, 2 slots
Effect: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Zero Suit Samus (green), Ridley x2 (default), Ridley x2 (green), Zero Suit Samus (black)
  • Stage: Reset Bomb Forest (forest)
  • Music Track: Final Battle (Sakura Wars)
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat an army of fighters
    • The enemy (ZZS 1) tends to avoid conflict
    • The enemies (Ridley) has increased speed power
    • The enemy's allies will appear when the enemy (ZZS 1) is defeated
    • The enemy (ZZS 2) has increased attack and speed power when the enemy's at high damage
    • Hazard: Poison Floor
And with that, my contribution to the Sakura Wars spirit is done. Like Gryff said, there are important characters to be added as spirits. So, who are the ones besides the main cast?

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You can easily find a picture of her in the Sakura Wars wiki.Kouma Aya-Me (Sakura Wars)
  • Puppet Fighter: Zero Suit Samus (green), Ridley x2 (default), Ridley x2 (green), Zero Suit Samus (black)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy (ZZS 2) has increased attack and speed power when the enemy's at high damage
And with that, my contribution to the Sakura Wars spirit is done. Like Gryff said, there are important characters to be added as spirits. So, who are the ones besides the main cast?
Dude. That spirit is NSFW and shouldn't be available

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ayame's corrupted form is more raunchy than Mai Shiranui, to a point I don't think we could even reasonably post the image here. I guess there's also her angelic form, but there's no officially released concept art of it.

And can we please submit important characters -_-
I mentioned that if we get more than the requested amount, we will pick and choose. If you could, perhaps a list of suitable characters would help point others to the right direction?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I forgot to give our list of music earlier. My bad. Also, please don’t add new music during spirit battle submissions.

Ayame Fujieda (Sakura Wars)
  • Conditions:
While we typically don’t let new music that gets submitted in a spirit battle, we never got a chance to fill the music slots up.
  1. Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Troop (original)
  2. Under the Imperial Flag (III)
  3. Earth Warriors (V)
  4. Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (-Shinsou-)
  5. Move Out! Imperial Floral Assault Group Theme - Sakura Wars
  6. Chattes Noires - Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?
  7. I'm a Maiden - Sakura Wars 2019
  8. Try Your Best! Imperial Floral Assault Group!
  9. Yaksha's Theme
  10. Minigame Iris
  11. My Dream (Gemini Sunrise's Theme) from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  12. Woman!! The Spirit of the Festival (Hatsuho Shinonome's Theme) from Sakura Wars (2019)
  13. Go Go NYCR! from Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  14. Friendship (Sakura Wars sega saturn)
  15. Oboro's Theme (New Sakura Wars 2019)
  16. Battle Theme 1 (New Sakura Wars 2019)
  17. Little Lip Theater - From Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love.
  18. Kimi Aru ga Tame - From Dramatic Dungeon: Sakura Wars — Because You Were There
  19. New Year’s Theme - From Sakura Taisen
  20. Final Battle
  21. Winged Warriors
  22. Machinegun Sister - Sakura Wars 3
Please avoid adding new music to Spirit Battles in the future. I added the ones just this once.

Everyone, im sorry for not providing this to you sooner. Please edit your musical tracks to include one of these songs if you didn’t.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mentioned that if we get more than the requested amount, we will pick and choose. If you could, perhaps a list of suitable characters would help point others to the right direction?
Sure.

Important characters to the series include:

- Ichiro Ogami, the main player character of the first four games and captain of the Flower Division.
  • Erica Fontaine, the main protagonist and love interest for the player in Sakura Wars 3. She's also an assist trophy.
  • Gemini Sunrise, the main protagonist and love interest for the player in Sakura Wars 5. She's also a Mii Costume.
  • Shinjiro Taiga, the player character from Sakura Wars 5, and Ogami's nephew. Could reasonably be paired with his canon love interest, Gemini.
  • Sakura Amamiya, the main protagonist character from New Sakura Wars. I submitted a spirit of her alongside her best friend, Hatsuho Shinonome.
  • Seijuro Kamiyama, the player character from New Sakura Wars. He's already been submitted as a spirit.

If you're insistent on featuring some of the demons, the main antagonists of each respective game are:
  • Tenkai, the leader of the Black Sanctum Council, who's direct subordinate is Aoi Satan. You could easily pair them as one spirit.
  • Salut, the leader of the Phantoms of Paris. She does not have a direct subordinate.
  • Nobunaga Oda, yes, the actual infamous warlord. His direct subordinate is Ranmaru, and they could easily be paired as one spirit.
  • Sotetsu Genan, and I'm not spoiling this one for you. His direct subordinate is Yasha, and they could easily be paired as one spirit, though of all the villains in the series, this one is by far the most boring and Yasha is far more interesting due to her connection to Sakura Shinguji, which is reasonable enough to skip over Genan for Yasha.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sure.

Important characters to the series include:

- Ichiro Ogami, the main player character of the first four games and captain of the Flower Division.
  • Erica Fontaine, the main protagonist and love interest for the player in Sakura Wars 3. She's also an assist trophy.
  • Gemini Sunrise, the main protagonist and love interest for the player in Sakura Wars 5. She's also a Mii Costume.
  • Shinjiro Taiga, the player character from Sakura Wars 5, and Ogami's nephew. Could reasonably be paired with his canon love interest, Gemini.
  • Sakura Amamiya, the main protagonist character from New Sakura Wars. I submitted a spirit of her alongside her best friend, Hatsuho Shinonome.
  • Seijuro Kamiyama, the player character from New Sakura Wars. He's already been submitted as a spirit.

If you're insistent on featuring some of the demons, the main antagonists of each respective game are:
  • Tenkai, the leader of the Black Sanctum Council, who's direct subordinate is Aoi Satan. You could easily pair them as one spirit.
  • Salut, the leader of the Phantoms of Paris. She does not have a direct subordinate.
  • Nobunaga Oda, yes, the actual infamous warlord. His direct subordinate is Ranmaru, and they could easily be paired as one spirit.
  • Sotetsu Genan, and I'm not spoiling this one for you. His direct subordinate is Yasha, and they could easily be paired as one spirit, though of all the villains in the series, this one is by far the most boring and Yasha is far more interesting due to her connection to Sakura Shinguji, which is reasonable enough to skip over Genan for Yasha.
I would say that of that list, the following seem to the most important in terms of getting a Spirit…
  • Ogami
  • Erica Fontaine
  • Gemini Sunrise
  • Tenkai
We need to prioritize these Spirits as they are quite important. Tenkai for being the antagonist of the first game while others for being crucial to the story/portage.. These four will for sure have Spirits.

I do want to mention Salut is a reference to Sakura’s 12th color so there’s that.

270B1981-536D-4C1E-83A1-8A1AED97FCB6.png

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I would say that of that list, the following seem to the most important in terms of getting a Spirit…
  • Ogami
  • Gemini Sunrise
  • Tenkai
We need to prioritize these Spirits as they are quite important. Tenkai for being the antagonist of the first game. These three will for sure have Spirits.
What about Erica? She's an assist trophy.

Also, Sakura Wars 3 has only 2 music tracks, I thought we wanted to keep it pretty even? SW1 has 6, SW5 has 5, and New has 6.

If I may make a suggestion to add?

Machine Gun Sister - Sakura Wars 3

This is Erica's minigame theme and sort of a theme to her herself.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
What about Erica? She's an assist trophy.

Also, Sakura Wars 3 has only 2 music tracks, I thought we wanted to keep it pretty even? SW1 has 6, SW5 has 5, and New has 6.

If I may make a suggestion to add?

Machine Gun Sister - Sakura Wars 3

This is Erica's minigame theme and sort of a theme to her herself.
Yep I edited her into it earlier.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1645216656718.png
Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars V: So Long, My Love)
★★★ Support
Ability: Equipped With Killing Edge
  • Puppet Fighter: Sami (Red) :ultkrool: (Giant, Metal)
  • Music Track: My Dream (Gemini Sunrise's Theme)
  • Match: Stamina
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy prefers Neutral Special (Sami)
    • The stage is slippery
    • The enemy is hard to launch (K. Rool)
1645216957383.png
Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars)
★★★★ Support
Ability: Team Attack +
  • Puppet Fighter: Takamaru (Orange and White), Sakura (Base Colors), :ultkrool: (Giant, Metal) x2
  • Music Track: Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (-Shinsou-)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun (Takamaru)
    • Bob-Ombs occasionally drop

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
View attachment 345565Gemini Sunrise (Sakura Wars V: So Long, My Love)
★★★ Support
Ability: Equipped With Killing Edge
  • Puppet Fighter: Sami (Red) :ultkrool: (Giant, Metal)
  • Music Track: My Dream (Gemini Sunrise's Theme)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy prefers Neutral Special (Sami)
    • The stage is slippery
View attachment 345568Ichiro Ogami (Sakura Wars)
★★★★ Support
Ability: Team Attack +
  • Puppet Fighter: Takamaru (Orange and White), Sakura (Base Colors), :ultkrool: (Giant, Metal) x2
  • Music Track: Declaration! Imperial Floral Assault Group (-Shinsou-)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with a Ray Gun (Takamaru)
    • Bob-Ombs occasionally drop
Would you like me to find you some official art from the series? I can do that if needed.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of voting for our 1st Party Mii Costume plus Deluxe Mii Costume!

Lottle01 (2)35
Orange Star Infantry2 (6)3 (6)214
Fire Mario2 (6)1 (2)210
Tiki4 (12)1 (2)317
Hedlock3 (9)5 (10)120

Freddy Fazbear1 (3)5 (10)114
Earthworm Jim4 (12)1 (2)418
Ori3 (9)3 (6)217
Simeon Riley2 (6)017
Marina Liteyears1 (3)2 (4)310

While the Deluxe Costume was a bit of a close round, we will be honoring the votes and including Hedlock and Earthworm Jim as the final two Mii Costumes for this wave!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our current Spirit lineup...

1. Ichiro Ogami
2. Gemini Sunrise
3. Iris Chateubrand
4. Ayame Fujide
5. Tenkai
6. Erica Fontaine
7. Ciseaux
8. Sakura Amamiya & Hatsuho Shinonome
9. Seijuro Kamiyama & Anastasia Palma
10. Azami Mochizuki & Clarissa Snowflake
11. Arahabaki
12. Ranmaru
13. Tokyo Flower Division

We will be looking into these Spirits and making a decision on the best route for them. We are still waiting for an Erica Fontaine and Tenkai Spirit submission and Spirit Battle.

In addition, here are our Mii Costumes....

Gemini SunriseMii GunnerSakura WarsSega
Opa-OpaHatFantasy Zone IISega
Alex StoneBrawleerStreets of RageSega
VyseSwordfighter Skies of ArcadiaSega
KnucklesBrawlerSonic the HedgehogSega
NakoruruSwordfighterSamurai ShodownSNK
HedlockHatARMSNintendo
Earthworm JimGunnerEarthworm JimInterplay

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Note: I was given permission by Venus to make these two.

1645239067608.png
Erica Fontaine (Sakura Wars 3: Is Paris Burning?)
★★ Shield Support
Ability: Equipped With Tutu
  • Puppet Fighter: Daisy (Red)
  • Stage: Grand Imperial Theatre (Chattes Noires Ver.)
  • Music Track: Machinegun Sister
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is armed with a Poseidon Cannon
    • The enemy is equipped with a tutu
    • Hostile assist trophies will appear (Erica)
Note: There is no stock/concept art I could find for Tenkai without a background​
1645240202915.png
Tenkai (Sakura Wars)
★★★ Attack Support
Ability: Lightweight
  • Puppet Fighter: Lucas (Blue Colors); Giant Ganondorf (Black Colors); Medusa (Red); Sephiroth (Blue); Corrin (Yellow)
  • Stage: Find Mii (Omega Version)
  • Conditions:
    • Defeat the main enemy to win (Corrin)
    • Reinforcements will arrive. (Two at a time; Corrin doesn't appear until other 4 are done for)
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will now begin submitting the title for this bundle. Like previously, we would label these bundles to give them a sort of personality and marketability with the Zagreus package being "In the Name of Hades" and Phoenix being "Dueling Destinies". With that in mind, what should the Sakura Wars bundle be called?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We will now begin submitting the title for this bundle. Like previously, we would label these bundles to give them a sort of personality and marketability with the Zagreus package being "In the Name of Hades" and Phoenix being "Dueling Destinies". With that in mind, what should the Sakura Wars bundle be called?
"Imperial Smash Revue"

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Firstly, I thought Phoenix's pack was "A Smashing Turnabout"?

Secondly, I think I'd like to call it the "Dairantou Kagekidan" Pack (Great Fray Combat Troupe Pack, for those not fluent in Japanese)

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Here are our current Spirit lineup...

1. Ichiro Ogami
2. Gemini Sunrise
3. Iris Chateubrand
4. Ayame Fujide
5. Tenkai
6. Erica Fontaine
7. Ciseaux
8. Sakura Amamiya & Hatsuho Shinonome
9. Seijuro Kamiyama & Anastasia Palma
10. Azami Mochizuki & Clarissa Snowflake
11. Arahabaki
12. Ranmaru
13. Tokyo Flower Division

We will be looking into these Spirits and making a decision on the best route for them. We are still waiting for an Erica Fontaine and Tenkai Spirit submission and Spirit Battle.

In addition, here are our Mii Costumes....

Gemini SunriseMii GunnerSakura WarsSega
Opa-OpaHatFantasy Zone IISega
Alex StoneBrawleerStreets of RageSega
VyseSwordfighterSkies of ArcadiaSega
KnucklesBrawlerSonic the HedgehogSega
NakoruruSwordfighterSamurai ShodownSNK
HedlockHatARMSNintendo
Earthworm JimGunnerEarthworm JimInterplay
Is there any chance we could swap Iris or Arahabaki with Sumire? She's more important to the series. Alternatively Tenkai since there's no officially released art of him.

On more positive notes, the Mii costumes are all winners. Lots of SEGA love for many eras, Earthworm Jim is iconic to the SEGA brand despite not being owned by it (though how would they do the Mii's head, would it just shrink? Hell, even Samsho was on SEGA CD.

Last edited:
Is there any chance we could swap Arahabaki with Sumire? She's more important to the series.

On more positive notes, the Mii costumes are all winners. Lots of SEGA love for many eras, Earthworm Jim is iconic to the SEGA brand despite not being owned by it (though how would they do the Mii's head, would it just shrink? Hell, even Samsho was on SEGA CD.
Sure, we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom