• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Final Smash should we include?

• Payload

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Paradox Pokémon: Iron Thorns

250px-0995Iron_Thorns.png

Iron Thorn is a Rock-Electric paradox pokémon,they is a paradox version of Tyranitar and they is based on metal kaijus as Mechagodzilla.

Iron Thorn as a pokéball pokémon is attacking using Earthquake,Iron Thorn stomps the ground making the ground shake

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

View attachment 376748

Iron Thorn is a Rock-Electric paradox pokémon,they is a paradox version of Tyranitar and they is based on metal kaijus as Mechagodzilla.

Iron Thorn as a pokéball pokémon is attacking using Earthquake,Iron Thorn stomps the ground making the ground shake

1. Gholdengo
  2. Lechonk
  3. Cetitan
  4. Meowscarda
The votes on this thread is very different,just click on a link called "Here is your voting link"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks everyone for pointing that out.

We did use to do it that way but midway into launch development, we opted for a form based voting as people we affecting outcomes by counting votes early. We all felt this was a more protected and secure way to vote and, while was intended to be temporary, eventually stuck. I know other Creation Threads do it the “old ways” though. Or use poll sites.

New poll is up. Also it appears we have a forum upgrade about selecting polls to last not only certain days but also hours or weeks

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
After hyping up the competition, in the first time ever in Smash Infinite history, we have a winner decided on a pure majority vote in less than 24 hours! This is quite the accomplishment as we haven't had a sweep like this in ages but, even then, such a quick and decisive victory so early on.

Name5 Points4 Points3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Gholdengo7 (35)5 (20)1 (3)1 (2)160
Mabosstiff1 (5)1 (4)0009
Spidops01 (4)2 (6)2 (4)115
Iron Valiant1 (5)1 (4)4 (12)4 (8)130
Skeledirge01 (4)3 (9)1 (2)116
Annihilape002 (6)3 (6)517
Kingambit3 (15)1 (4)02 (6)126
Meowscarda2 (10)2 (8)2 (6)2 (4)129
Archaladon01 (4)0004
Lechonk1 (5)2 (8)01 (2)217
Cetitan1 (5)1 (4)2 (6)0318

Click below to figure out who won the PokeVote...

GHOLDENGO wins the vote! By paying for votes using its body!

In a rare instance of complete and utter domination, Gholdengo nabs an early victory with a 30-point lead against the second-place Iron Valiant! I have seen some lopsided votes in the past but nothing as dominating as this one. It was evident Gholdengo was the winner even hours after polls opened.

Now, there is an issue with color as Saki is attributed with the color yellow so I will hold a discussion regarding if we should replace Saki's color with something else OR give Gholdengo a complimentary color to go with its gold-color body. We will open submissions regarding Gholdengo content in the morning after we finish basking in his shining victory.

We will take a small break until the morning for our next job regarding this newcomer.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Stonks Meme, Explained: What Can It Teach You About Actual Stocks?

I didn't vote (Smashboards decided to stop giving me notifications on this thread for some reason), but I would have probably given Gholdengo a fair few points. Glad it won.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Our first Tony Hawk coded character

also a Pokeball

Walking Wake

Walking wake would Charge Forward and use Dragon Rush and then use Hydro Steam, A large beam of water is shot forwards.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In this universe, the trending of "Gold Pokemon" on social media after the announcement was so strong, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company finally put Pokemon Gold and Silver on NSO, quickly followed by the rest of the Gen 1, 2, and 3 main series Pokemon games.
Nintendo and Sakurai also confirmed the Gholdengo Amiibo is 1000% confirmed gold making it the most expensive Amiibo at $1000. That being said, the amount of gold present in the Amiibo is far worth more than that but Nintendo, for Gholdengo fans, took a financial hit by taking it as a sunk cost which was slightly offset by Sakurai donating his earnings from Youtube and X.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
funny cheesestring good

985.png

Scream Tail
Belts out a song, using the move Hyper Voice, this creates a burst of energy around Scream Tail that deals damage to anyone caught in its path

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alright, thank you everyone for these submissions! I will compile them and put our Paradox Pokemon submissions into a voting form in just a little bit. I apologize for being sporadic with my updates; sometimes I am really quick with stuff and others are so absent. My life has greatly changed since I started Infinite and not for the better. The way my current living situation isn't exactly great but it has been far more stable than what it has been for the past year and I am grateful for that.

Anyway, we will continue to allow submissions for the following pokemon:
  • Sprigatito
  • Fuecoco
  • Miraidon
  • Ting-Lu
  • Chi-Yu
That being said, we will move to....

Gameplay submissions for our Golden Boy!

Now, Master Hand and Saki have been fairly straightforward designs and, aside from Pokemon Trainer Lucario, and Grovyle & Celebi, Pokemon newcomers tend to have a straightforward design mechanics-wise. I want to incorporate something within Gholdengo revolving around the Gimmighoul Coins that it's body is composed of. We know, based on pokedex descriptions, it can lose these coins as a way to soften blows or to use them as weapons. The game never describes how it can get these coins back. I want to try to incorporate a mechanic where the number of coins that Gholdengo has affects its stats. When it starts a match, it is at a neutral level but has stat changes the more it gets hit or uses coins in attacks but can regain these coins (in some fashion) to move those stat changes in another direction.

I want us to have a discussion on how a "coin-based stat gauge" could be implemented for this character and how the loss of gain of coins can positively or negatively affect the character. If you wish, you an also provide other character stats such as height, weight, dash speed, jump height, falling speed, etc.

Thankfully, this mechanic doesn't really affect our moveset but we obviously need some attacks that cause a loss of coins...

Gameplay submissions for our Golden Boy!
We will provide moves for Gholdengo. Here is the moves it is capable of learning (courtesy of Bulbapedia). Please also note that it has a unique ability called Good as Gold which allows it to bypass "block stat moves" like Stealth Rock.

Generation IX
Other generations:
None
LevelMoveTypeCat.Pwr.Acc.PP
1Astonish30100%15
1Tackle40100%35
7Night Shade100%15
14Confuse Ray100%10
21Substitute—%10
28Metal Sound85%40
35Shadow Ball80100%15
42Recover—%5
49Power Gem
Rock
80100%20
56Make It Rain120100%5
63Nasty Plot
Dark
—%20
70Memento
Dark
100%10

Via TM:

Finally, also remember that Hholdengo does have a golden surfboard which could be used for several of its normal moves and movements.

Finally, as an executive of this game, I have decided that when Gholdengo gets hit, it creates a metallic "thud" sound like things hitting a block of coins.

Saki vs Gholdengo Color Theme Problem

Saki is listed as "yellow" with a yellow color scheme currently. Having Gholdengo next to Saki creates an issue. We have two options:

1. Change Saki's theme color to something else other than yellow.
  2. Give Gholdengo a different color theme other than yellow so Saki can keep his. Finders keepers.

Which would do you feel is better?

1. If you choose Option 1, what color should we replace yellow with?
  2. If you choose Option 2, what color should we apply to Gholdengo?

Rearranging them is not possible because, even if we did, we still have two "yellow"-based characters which becomes a color balance issue in a roster our size.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Aight sorry for not being able this friday, I had a lot of homework. Also lol, I didn't expected the golden guy to win, but I think it's a very cool option considering is the milestone mon.

About the yellow problem, I think that maybe Gholdengo having either scarlet or violet as a color considering the game that he was released may help?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think in terms of the coin concept, it might work better to have it be a shield special (akin to Inkling's recharge) rather than just a passive effect, so as to prevent him camping for an entire match in order to passively build it.

As for specifics... - let's say you can have up to 999 Gimmighoul Coins, which Gholdengo can build the number of by inputting Shield Special. The move itself manifests a Chest Form Gimmighoul next to him, which Gholdengo will then take Coins out of, stuffing them in his own pouch. However, each input only allows you to gather 75 Coins at a time, and it'll take a short while for him to gather them - you'll need to input the move again to get more than 75 Coins at once for balancing reasons. By default, he'll start with 100 Gimmighoul Coins.

As for the effects of these Coins, they'll become more apparent over time depending on how many coins you have, but an increased number of coins will have the following effects:
  • Increased Weight
  • Increased Fall Speed (slight)
  • Increased Attack Power
  • Increased Dash Speed
  • Increased Defence (slight, takes around 0.9x damage at 999 Coins)
  • Decreased Walk Speed
  • Decreased Jump Height (slight)
  • Increased Starting Lag (slight)
  • Increased End Lag (slight)
Effectively, this allows Gholdengo to become a heavyweight (given all the coins would weigh him down!) when he has more coins, but becomes a lightweight if he loses coins (making recovery a little easier after getting a lot of hits in!) However, it doesn't affect his size or his main-body hitbox. That being said, certain attacks might be more effective depending on how many coins you have?

Coins can be lost by being hit, though a couple of them are also lost over time when you do things like running, jumping, attacking, and dodging (mostly just because he keeps dropping a small number of them). This isn't enough to be a massive detriment, but it's enough to prevent you from just buffing yourself into oblivion akin to Cloud in Sm4sh, meaning you'll need to keep an eye on how many coins you actually have. It might also be possible for some moves to actually use his coins when fighting as some kind of weapon, allowing them to also act as a weapons resource? (A move like, say, Make it Rain or Pay Day seems like it'd be a good fit for this.)

In terms of his colour, I'd personally go with Option 2 - specifically, grey-silver. It matches the coin that he wears on a belt, plus it keeps with the theme of "precious metals" and "currency", meaning it kind of makes sense. We're also less likely to lose him in the colour!

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Aight sorry for not being able this friday, I had a lot of homework. Also lol, I didn't expected the golden guy to win, but I think it's a very cool option considering is the milestone mon.

About the yellow problem, I think that maybe Gholdengo having either scarlet or violet as a color considering the game that he was released may help?
I think I'm going to disagree - Gholdengo has gold in the name. It's evolution method requires accumulating a ton of gold coins. It is literally made of gold. Ho-Oh needs to relinquish it's game, because this guy is Pokemon Gold. He earned the right to be yellow far more than a blonde kid who put a yellow shirt on.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
Gholdengo -

- Money based mechanic -

I think we could have sort of an interesting mechanic for him when he uses one of his specials

Make it rain is to good of a name plus it's Gholdengo's signature move so it makes sense that he would have it

My idea is that after pressing the button he would have the choice between throwing into the air 1 to 4 gimmighoul that would land on stage and kind of function like mini mechakoopas but instead of walking around and exploding they would stay still and throw the person up that walked infront of them

This would make Gholdengo's attacks way weaker and with also less knockback depending on the amount of gimmighouls he decides to send out

Btw the gimmighoul do have a hitbox so you can kill them also you might think it's too op at the ledge but the gimmighoul would have a necessary spacing range to be placed

- the color scheme

I think having both orange and purple would be pretty unique especially bcs those are the colors of scarlet and violet

Or it could be a metal styled color to reference it's pre evo gimmighoul
3e02e452c5f57f745e8f74be2905b1b1.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Regarding the color theme issue, perhaps we could do another poll once the current one is concluded.
I’ll probably do that.

as for voting for the paradox, sorry but my Saturday is busy and I couldn’t get to it like I wanted to. Promise to get up soon now that I have a bit of time

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I'm on board with the idea of Gholdengo having coins being a part of his major gameplay mechanic. I agree with KneeOfJustice's interpretation of the mechanic enhancing his stats without feeling too cheap to use.

Gameplay-wise, I imagine Gholdengo being this sort of slippery, highly mobile character because he's a surfer, but he'd also be surprisingly tanky thanks to the sheer number of coins he has. As for Specials...based on what I've seen I surprisingly see him as a combination of Lucario and Sheik because it sounds almost like a balance between having powerful kill moves and extremely combo-heavy moves.

As for the potential color...I think maybe we could have it be red, after the treasure chest that is a major part of its entire evolution line.
1693072620323.png
1693072628072.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are our submissions!

Paradox mon submission:
Roaring Moon
View attachment 376735
Roaring Moon is a "past" paradox Dragon/Dark pokemon that is ancient relative of Hoenn's pseudo-legendary Salamence (who was Dragon/Flying type) and it debuted in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet game.
You can catch it in "Area zero" of Paldea region.

This pokemon is based on Salamence (it's contemporary relative), feathered dinosaurs, European dragons (like it's modern counterpart), crescent moon (due to it's wings) and Salamence's mega evolution.

As a pokemon summon, this paradox pokemon would zoom around the stage like SSBU's Super Sonic final smash, but it would also use Dragon Breath as it's move while attacking the players during it's flight (it would work similarly to Tiki's AT role but it's bit more stronger).

I nominate Roaring Moon, because it's a paradox form of my favorite pseudo legenderay pokemon Salamence and it's considered as one of the best "past" paradox mons (Koraidon doesn't count) in the game.
Also I like it's design to be honest.
Pre-Selected Pokéball Pokémon
Pokémon Name: Wo-Chien
Pokédex Number: #1001
Pokémon Typing
: Dark/Grass

Wo-Chien is one of the Treasures of Ruin, a quartet of Legendary Pokémon exclusive to Generation 9. As for its attack, Wo-Chien uses Giga Drain. Visually, this is represented with a dark-green visual effect that surrounds its body, with opponents who enter the field having damage continually inflicted upon them for as long as they remain inside - the catch being, there's no flinching when this is occurring. The user of the original Pokéball is immune to this effect. As for why Giga Drain specifically, it's in reference to Wo-Chien's stated ability to drain the life force of vegetation surrounding it, as well as Giga Drain being in its learnset.

Paradox Pokéball Pokémon
Pokémon Name: Sandy Shocks
Pokédex Number: #0989
Pokémon Typing
: Electric/Ground

Sandy Shocks is one of the various Paradox Pokémon exclusive to Generation 9, presumably being an ancient relative of Magneton. In terms of its attack, Sandy Shocks uses Magnetic Flux - which creates a powerful yellow electromagnetic field around its body which draws opponents, items, and objects toward it - then, if you hit its actual body, you get a powerful electric shock! Whilst the force itself isn't as powerful as, say, the Black Hole item, it is still enough to cause a bit of chaos - plus, the field itself grows slightly as it's effect continues. However, once again, the user of the original Pokéball is immune to this effect... even if their projectiles aren't.
Pre-Selected Pokemon:
View attachment 376739
Bing Qi Lin Chien-Pao

Chien-Pao is one of the Treasures of Ruin, a quartet of Legendary Pokemon created from cursed artifacts from the Paldea region's history. When summoned, Chien-Pao will use Ice Shard, where it will expand the ice on its sword-fangs and swing with such a force that it is hurled towards the nearest fighter. This projectile is very quick and deals 8% damage and medium-level knockback.

Paradox Pokeball Pokemon:
View attachment 376741
Iron Hands

An Electric/Fighting Paradox Pokemon that is said to be the future descendant of Hariyama. When summoned, Iron Hands will begin charging with power before thrusting its disembodied hands in front of or behind itself using Wild Charge, dealing 15% damage and stunning before inflicting medium-high knockback.

View attachment 376748

Our first Tony Hawk coded character

also a Pokeball

Walking Wake

Walking wake would Charge Forward and use Dragon Rush and then use Hydro Steam, A large beam of water is shot forwards.
funny cheesestring good

View attachment 376781
Scream Tail
Belts out a song, using the move Hyper Voice, this creates a burst of energy around Scream Tail that deals damage to anyone caught in its path
I will also submit...

Iron Moth

Iron Moth is a Fire/Poison Paradox Pokemon from the future. It will appear and then spread its wings and cause it to radiate heat which creates a hurtbox around it that deals fire-based damage. It will then move about the stage in an erratic fashion and will launch anyone who comes close to it.

Here they are in listed form:
  • Roaring Moon
  • Sandy Shocks
  • Scream Tail
  • Iron Thorn
  • Iron Hands
  • Iron Moth
Please also note I added the two options above for the Saki vs Gholdengo color theme here in the voting section.

Here is the voting link

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think in terms of the coin concept, it might work better to have it be a shield special (akin to Inkling's recharge) rather than just a passive effect, so as to prevent him camping for an entire match in order to passively build it.

As for specifics... - let's say you can have up to 999 Gimmighoul Coins, which Gholdengo can build the number of by inputting Shield Special. The move itself manifests a Chest Form Gimmighoul next to him, which Gholdengo will then take Coins out of, stuffing them in his own pouch. However, each input only allows you to gather 75 Coins at a time, and it'll take a short while for him to gather them - you'll need to input the move again to get more than 75 Coins at once for balancing reasons. By default, he'll start with 100 Gimmighoul Coins.

As for the effects of these Coins, they'll become more apparent over time depending on how many coins you have, but an increased number of coins will have the following effects:
  • Increased Weight
  • Increased Fall Speed (slight)
  • Increased Attack Power
  • Increased Dash Speed
  • Increased Defence (slight, takes around 0.9x damage at 999 Coins)
  • Decreased Walk Speed
  • Decreased Jump Height (slight)
  • Increased Starting Lag (slight)
  • Increased End Lag (slight)
Effectively, this allows Gholdengo to become a heavyweight (given all the coins would weigh him down!) when he has more coins, but becomes a lightweight if he loses coins (making recovery a little easier after getting a lot of hits in!) However, it doesn't affect his size or his main-body hitbox. That being said, certain attacks might be more effective depending on how many coins you have?

Coins can be lost by being hit, though a couple of them are also lost over time when you do things like running, jumping, attacking, and dodging (mostly just because he keeps dropping a small number of them). This isn't enough to be a massive detriment, but it's enough to prevent you from just buffing yourself into oblivion akin to Cloud in Sm4sh, meaning you'll need to keep an eye on how many coins you actually have. It might also be possible for some moves to actually use his coins when fighting as some kind of weapon, allowing them to also act as a weapons resource? (A move like, say, Make it Rain or Pay Day seems like it'd be a good fit for this.)

In terms of his colour, I'd personally go with Option 2 - specifically, grey-silver. It matches the coin that he wears on a belt, plus it keeps with the theme of "precious metals" and "currency", meaning it kind of makes sense. We're also less likely to lose him in the colour!
I think this is a good way to approach it but I want to propose a possible "simplifying" of the coins. When I think of 999 and 1000 coins that are put on a character HUD, I feel this is rather convoluted and hard to remember during the heat of battle. Here are maybe two ways we can simplify it:

• Gholdengo has 1000 coins which decrease by 10 with every attack that uses coins. So inputting an attack that uses ten coins ten times results in 100 coins being deducted. This allows players to not have to worry but ever-changing numbers that change in the 1's section of the total number of the coin amount. Basically, 550 is either to read than 553 during the heat of battle. Plus, going by 10's is easy to memorize even more the youngest of players.
  • Gholdengo doesn't have a set number of coins. Rather than having players worry about how many coins they have, the number of coins is represented by symbols and colors.
    • = means that it's at a neutral state with no stats changing.
    • ↑ means that coins are increasing which increases weight, damage output, and launch output but decreases jump, speed, and airspeed
    • ↓ means that coins are decreasing which increases jump, speed, and airspeed but decreases weight, damage output, and launch output

Players know they are within a comfortable range when the arrows are in green but should worry about being unbalanced when it becomes red. The stats bottom out when it becomes black and gaining or removing coins would be most important.

Top Bottom