• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Beyond

Which Final Smash should we include?

• Payload

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I'm super excited for the game as anyone else, but I would much rather have it be represented by a stage and music than characters tbh. And if we're adding another Mario character, there are infinitely better options like Toad/Toadette, Birdo, and Pauline that feel much more established. Even among "3rd Mario" reps, Paper Mario is at least the protagonist of his own series and an established separate character than a one off power up version of Mario.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
We're still a bit aways from the echo fighters but I may as well share my feelings on them

I think one should be a third party and should be the big "cool" fan pleasing pick, shadow, Roxas, Coco, etc. The other should be a first party and something weirder and unexpected, a more "wacky" pick

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I actually have some time today to get some voting results out.

Name2 points1 pointTotal
Wizard4 (8)19
Shogun1 (2)68
Rock Legend5 (10)212

Name4 points3 points2 points1 pointTotal
Archer04 (6)3 (6)214
Alien7 (28)1 (3)1 (2)033
Construction Worker03 (9)2 (4)417
Soldier1 (4)2 (6)2 (4)216
Warehouse Worker2 (8)1 (3)2 (4)217

The consensus is clear that Rock Legend and Alien win the Mii Costume submissions! In fact, Alien totally annihilated the competition. They came, invaded, and destroyed anyone in their way.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! We will continue to allow for submissions to be made but I did forget to do a Gholdengo Alternate Color's job....

Gholdengo Alternate Colors
We will be submitting 11 colors for Gholdengo. I was debating on just tints of colors in order to keep the golden sheen for the character but I opted out. Instead, when you make a submission, I feel colors that are affiliated with precious gems and minerals to be more appropriate. Of course, we can also use Pokemon references as well along with those alternate colors.

Our colors are:

1. Gold (Default)
  2. -
  3. -
  4. -
  5. -
  6. -
  7. -
  8. -
  9. -
  10. -
  11. -
  12. -
Please provide the color slot and then the reference.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Colour: Green

Reference: Gholdengo’s Green Alt is an obvious reference to the Green dollar bills that are very common. It also works as a reference to the grass type Pokémon around.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
#04: Copper. This colour alt maintains Gholdengo's glossy, metallic sheen, whilst changing it to another form of metal commonly seen in forms of currency worldwide - that being copper! Furthermore, some "strips" of his body would be slightly darker, a loose reference to Gholdengo's Shiny form as well as the tendency for copper to darken with use.

In reference to real-world units of currency such as the British pound's one pence coin and the American dollar's one penny coin, this alt maintains Gholdengo's predominantly money-themed concept in a natural and logical manner.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Did we ever add any thing for Bayonetta 3? that feels like something that should get some form of representation, even if it's just spirits

I know it's not on Nintendo platforms but maybe street fighter 6 too?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Did we ever add any thing for Bayonetta 3? that feels like something that should get some form of representation, even if it's just spirits

I know it's not on Nintendo platforms but maybe street fighter 6 too?
That is something we can certainly look into adding in for things such as Spirits.

Which franchises technically has new games out that could warrant Spirits from them? Not looking to expand Spirit lists as a whole right now. Just simply from newer games.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
That is something we can certainly look into adding in for things such as Spirits.

Which franchises technically has new games out that could warrant Spirits from them? Not looking to expand Spirit lists as a whole right now. Just simply from newer games.
I feel like a new costume for Bayo and maybe ryu \ ken could be cool too

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Say, you know what would be fun to do? A "leaked fighter" job, like the one that got us Officer Howard in Infinite. That was fun, don't you think?
Leak Alear so we can relive Corrin and Byleth salt, not once, but twice. (When the fighter gets leaked and then when they get revealed).

All kidding aside, I actually would unironically like Alear as a fighter because I thought Engage was genuinely good.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Leak Alear so we can relive Corrin and Byleth salt, not once, but twice. (When the fighter gets leaked and then when they get revealed).

All kidding aside, I actually would unironically like Alear as a fighter because I thought Engage was genuinely good.
don't want more FE but I actually think a character who summons other fighters (Marth.. 2!) could be a lot of fun to write a moveset for

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion

I suppose Pikmin springs to mind as a potential candidate given the release of Pikmin 4?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

There is a chance to give her anything additional with her moveset, as well with other characters like Samus (Not sure if Dread was before or after base Infinite), Ryu, Ken, Kazuya and Jin between others? I ain't sure about the extention of the reworks.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
There is a chance to give her anything additional with her moveset, as well with other characters like Samus (Not sure if Dread was before or after base Infinite), Ryu, Ken, Kazuya and Jin between others? I ain't sure about the extention of the reworks.
We have a Dread stage in infinite iirc

I don't think the SF or Tekken characters need reworks but some alts could be cool. A Bayonetta 3 alt feels like a really obvious addition it I can't remember if we did that already

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I'd say we could pull from Tekken 8 as well. Though I guess so far the only new character we could make a Spirit out of at the moment is Azucena.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's my idea for a Gholdengo alt - Diamond. This would be a unique skin, as it would be mostly clear! In order to aid in visibility, it would have a constantly changing color and a slightly blue tint. Not only is this a reference to diamonds, the most precious of gems, but the texture looks like and works as a reference to Terastalization, the core mechanic of Gen 9.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you everyone for your submissions! I will compile what we have and you can see it when it’s eventually added to the front post. I wanted to get us started yesterday on our next job but I finally had a day off and I decided to spend it doing some much needed TLC. I am back to work today so before I go in and wanted to get us started on our next two jobs. Yes, two jobs. Kind of like what I’m doing in real life

Item: Submit a 3rd Party Item that, like Galaga, Represents it’s Franchise

This means that the franchise where this item is from won’t be able to have any further content added to it aside from perhaps a few musical tracks and spirits. Anything else will be forever banned from being submitted until a new game is developed. Submit wisely.

Job: Submit a Job

As I said earlier, a lot of this game is tightly controlled by me as there is limited content being added. I’m trying to keep it within an “enhanced port” mindset. Infinite was more free due to its open-nature in regards to content that was added in. For Beyond, we have only a few slots here and there. So please submit a job that you feel that we haven’t covered yet. Please keep in mind that character submission jobs are not allowed. We will be voting on a job to do in the very near future.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Handheld Portal Device, a.k.a. Portal Gun
1693751975453.png

A very iconic item, the "bullets" have a specific distance before converting into a portal (thought it would instantly become one when it colaps with a wall or other plain objects). Both you and the opponents, as well as objects or even certain stage hazards can travel through the portal. The portals dissapear after a while.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Thank you everyone for your submissions! I will compile what we have and you can see it when it’s eventually added to the front post. I wanted to get us started yesterday on our next job but I finally had a day off and I decided to spend it doing some much needed TLC. I am back to work today so before I go in and wanted to get us started on our next two jobs. Yes, two jobs. Kind of like what I’m doing in real life

Item: Submit a 3rd Party Item that, like Galaga, Represents it’s Franchise

This means that the franchise where this item is from won’t be able to have any further content added to it aside from perhaps a few musical tracks and spirits. Anything else will be forever banned from being submitted until a new game is developed. Submit wisely.

Job: Submit a Job

As I said earlier, a lot of this game is tightly controlled by me as there is limited content being added. I’m trying to keep it within an “enhanced port” mindset. Infinite was more free due to its open-nature in regards to content that was added in. For Beyond, we have only a few slots here and there. So please submit a job that you feel that we haven’t covered yet. Please keep in mind that character submission jobs are not allowed. We will be voting on a job to do in the very near future.
Item Name: American Football
Series Origin: Madden NFL

Madden is one of the longest-lasting sports series throughout history, and say what you will about EA, but the EA Sports brand makes a lot of sense to represent somehow or another given its market prominence. However, given they've lost the FIFA license and we already have the Soccer Ball, I'm instead suggesting an American Football... without the Madden logo on it, because that'd be a legal headache.

This item works similarly to a fairly typical item in that you can pick it up and throw it, though it differs in that when throwing it upward, your character will kick it instead, having it move in an arc forward (a little like Simon's Axe Toss.) Not only this, but whilst holding it, your dash gains a property wherein it will deal minor damage to an opponent it hits, sending them behind you.

Job Name: Submit an Easter Egg or other secret!
One of the most fun things in video games (to me, at least), is the ability to find things you might not expect through exploration. Whilst the Smash series has a wide variety of small features and references all over the place, it'd be cool to have an Easter Egg of some kind, right?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Handheld Portal Device, a.k.a. Portal Gun
View attachment 377152
A very iconic item, the "bullets" have a specific distance before converting into a portal (thought it would instantly become one when it colaps with a wall or other plain objects). Both you and the opponents, as well as objects or even certain stage hazards can travel through the portal. The portals dissapear after a while.
Portal is already represented as a stage. Looking for an Item-based franchise rep.

Item Name: American Football
Series Origin: Madden NFL

In terms of visuals, just presume the football has the Madden logo on it.

Madden is one of the longest-lasting sports series throughout history, and say what you will about EA, but the EA Sports brand makes a lot of sense to represent somehow or another given its market prominence. However, given they've lost the FIFA license and we already have the Soccer Ball, I'm instead suggesting an American Football.

This item works similarly to a fairly typical item in that you can pick it up and throw it, though it differs in that when throwing it upward, your character will kick it instead, having it move in an arc forward (a little like Simon's Axe Toss.) Not only this, but whilst holding it, your dash gains a property wherein it will deal minor damage to an opponent it hits, sending them behind you.

Job Name: Submit an Easter Egg or other secret!
One of the most fun things in video games (to me, at least), is the ability to find things you might not expect through exploration. Whilst the Smash series has a wide variety of small features and references all over the place, it'd be cool to have an Easter Egg of some kind, right?
Madden NFL is based on a real-world franchise. Due to that, it is ineligible. This seems better as a general item submission without the Madden logo.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Item Job:
1693765220431.png

Moonlight Greatsword (FromSoftware)
A recurring item in FromSoftware's catalog of games ranging from Dark Souls to Bloodborne to Elden Ring to Armored Core, the Moonlight Greatsword is "a universe-hopping anomaly that can fire powerful sword beams" and is arguably the most iconic weapon in any FromSoft game. In Smash Bros, the Moonlight Greatsword is based on its appearance from the first Dark Souls, of which it was fashioned from the tail of Seath the Scaleless, creator of Sorcery in the Dark Souls universe. While it looks like it deals slashing damage, it in fact deals 10% magic damage, functioning as a hybrid between the Ore Club and Star Rod. Its Side Smash attack deals 16% damage with strong knockback at the blade and also generates a large Blade Beam-style projectile that deals 10% magic damage with medium-high knockback.

Job Job: Submit A Special Reveal Event
While not exactly a character reveal per se, this would be submitting a more unconventional style of character reveal for the next Job. Do not submit a character for this job, just a method leading up to the reveal that doesn't spoil anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom