• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
It just doesnt make sense

5ive is bringing two tv's
I'm bringing one, lawlb0t is, max is, raidos is (Im bringing 4 extension cords and recording too....)
Ambrose is bringing a tv
wigi is bringing a tv

.....But your cancellng brawl?
Did you block me on msn or something? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT :urg:

I thought I already said this, but I might not have: there's a fire code in the contract, which limits the amount of people in the building, and as soon as I found out that people were coming that I didn't know about, well...you know what happened. We just can't argue with that.

Besides, didn't I already say several times that SETUPS ARE NOT THE ONLY PROBLEM. Stop making me say things over and over again! Just read my posts! Sheesh.

Anyway, the basic answer to your question is "yes". It's time to stop talking about this.

EDIT: that's 8 TVs total. 10 if you include Eric and someone else that posted. Nowhere near enough considering the amount of people that would be there.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lesson to be learned, communication is key for tourneys.

brawl is gone, im a bit sad.

but i guess thats how it'll work.

WIGI

Smash Champion
why not just say that if your nto on the pre reg lsit then your not alowed in. id rather disapoint 15 people then disapoint all of them (brawlers)

or even put someone in charge of the brawl side of things so you don't have to. id be willing to help out if it ment it would happen, im sure niko could figure things out aswell, and id also help him or w.e.

point is, your trying to prevent the tournie from crashing and burning. but i think it has now.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Find a second venue to be ran by a partner for brawl? I think there are enough brawlers who were hyped to come to this (including myself) that you would be able to do this successfully?

Xelyst

-_-
Im up for melee and brawl singles. Melee doubles with deox and brawl doubles with guru. Just in advance. =)

edit:l i just noticed grmos post ... bummer...

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Ppl need to shut the **** up, this is a tournament, it's being run how it's being run.

There's problems with the venue and attendance, the TO did what's necessary to help the majority of expected attendance.

Drephen

Smash Master
sooooo whats the main problem here?

is it the amount of people? or is it time constraints?

is there a time we have to be out of the building?

The registration cap is a good idea, find out what the limit is regarding fire code laws and set the cap and say FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.

and you could set a reserved amount of spots for those people traveling from far away

if its for time constraint reasons i dont think it would be a problem to run 4 tournaments. I mean, theres no pools so if you would run it efficiently i think its doable. Me and my crew have experience running tournies, just DQ those who dont show up to their t.vs when called and be strict like that

Honestly i hate Brawl, i really do. But i do really feel bad for those people who had made plans for this tourney, but i do understand the problems of hosting a tourney

as for the "brawlers not hyping is up", in their defense, the majority of brawlers are new to the community, and new people usually dont post due to them not being in the community long

hope this stuff works out

again just tryin to help lol

/drama

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
What the Hell, grmo?

This doesn't make any sense.

Read my post, please. I already explained everything, aka. ? number of people. Safety is also an issue with the venue; it's not a huge place. It's a big place, but not for this scale. So, if you want me to say it like this, then I need to choose one, and I'm choosing the one that's letting me know everything.

Look, to everyone: I'm not happy about this either. I'm not asking you to forgive me or anything, but because of constraints places upon me, I can't host for you like I said I would. I'd like to say I'll make it up to you, but because of inevitable trust issues, I can't. The only thing I'd have going for me is that people enjoyed my last Brawl tournament, but whatever.

EDIT: Tell me if you want to be taken off the attendee list. You're under no obligation, but it would help things and it will mean I won't bother you about it.
Prereg exists for a reason. I don't understand what constraints could possibly countermand the fact that plenty of Brawlers are on that list.
You do know how many people are coming. You're the TO and you can say who gets to play. You can easily judge against the morons who didn't RSVP. Their failure, their loss.

I thought I already said this, but I might not have: there's a fire code in the contract, which limits the amount of people in the building, and as soon as I found out that people were coming that I didn't know about, well...you know what happened. We just can't argue with that.
I think there are people that don't know what happened. I don't quite know why people who are coming that you can't let in the building are reasons you can't hold the event. It's a reason you have to turn people down at the door, but not a reason to stop the event.

You've said your decision is final, but if that's so, that's really ****ty, grmo. You don't care if we blame you for this; fine.
I blame you for this.

nickcam

Smash Ace
wow grmo. Just so you know theres alot more players in the brawl community then the melee community and just because they didnt post u decide to cancel the whole event. Looks like you succeeded in fueling the fire between the brawl and melee community. Good job. Right from the beginning i did not want to attend this event because like all events run by melee players they become melee dominated with the leftovers going to brawl players. I convinced myself this was gonna be different, thanks alot.

5ive

Smash Champion
: (

I demand a compromise D=<

EDIT: I'm out, plus F1ZZ and his bro which are my ride.
Someone host a Brawl Tourny please.

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
what you did was kind of wack.

stop acting like you're being victimized. You could've easily said 100 people is all im allowed and tell everyone else to **** off and ran the two tourneys. There would be more than enough people for both games.. But instead you just told everyone who plays brawl to not come. I like melee more than brawl too but next time don't promise a brawl tourney that would only happen if the melee tourney didn't have a large enough turnout. That's exactly what happened here.

It's all good tho cuz it's your choice and I respect that. Just quit blame shifting. Telling brawl players it's their fault and **** is ludicrous.

I still wanna try to make it to the melee tourney but my ride was a brawl player so I might have to take a bus now.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
grmo sorry if you already answered this question but is their any ways that we can get brawl back in this ?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Learn to read. The posts prior clearly say what happened and why it happened.

It IS their fault for not confirming. Grmo doesn't HAVE to host ANY tournament so the LEAST anyone can do is help him plan for it by letting him know who's coming which ultimately leads to a better organized tournament and a more enjoyable tournament. So if people don't speak up then they're not going to be accounted for and won't be accommodated.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Learn to read. The posts prior clearly say what happened and why it happened.

It IS their fault for not confirming. Grmo doesn't HAVE to host ANY tournament so the LEAST anyone can do is help him plan for it by letting him know who's coming which ultimately leads to a better organized tournament and a more enjoyable tournament. So if people don't speak up then they're not going to be accounted for and won't be accommodated.
is your post towards me?

Grmo

Smash Champion
what you did was kind of wack.

stop acting like you're being victimized.
That's just stupid. What the hell do you think you know about me? Shut up before you come off as any more whiny than you already are. You honestly have no ****ing clue what else might be going on here. Just leave us alone and stop whining about things that you can't change.

If you guys think nothing else makes sense, then howabout this: I refuse to support a community that's not even together enough to do something as simple as post in a tournament thread to let the TO know simple things.

...and finally, if any of you have got complaints, email me or something. Stop posting here. You know my email; it's posted on the first page under contact information. If you've seriously got a problem and feel like yelling at me for a while, add me on MSN and do it there, not here where you're just feeding the drama and defeating the purpose of everything.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yeah take me off the list, and btw im almost 100% you still would of gotten more brawl players than melee players.... w.e

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
LOL.

GG. I should still be able to attend if Raidos still comes. Lack of Brawl sux, cuz I wanted to play doubles, oh well. At the same time though, I think it was good, because you are not even really involved in Brawl. And our community has some problems. A.K.A only Niagara hosting tournies.

GG both parties.

Grmo

Smash Champion
LOL.

GG. I should still be able to attend if Raidos still comes. Lack of Brawl sux, cuz I wanted to play doubles, oh well. At the same time though, I think it was good, because you are not even really involved in Brawl. And our community has some problems. A.K.A only Niagara hosting tournies.

GG both parties.
Yeah, you're right about that I guess. I dunno, I know nothing about Brawl. Thanks for being patient.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
^ im sure theirs still rides out there

let me confirm for you.

imm edit this in like 5 mins

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
wow seriously leave grmo alone he already explained everything like 30 times, and it isnt his fault you guys should have told him who is going and **** so he can run it smootly so everyone finishes and has fun you know?

Niko_K

Smash Master
10 setups is more than enough to run the entire tournament. It would've been fine.

Brawl community goes out of its way to have melee at their event...Grmo you're being pretty irresponsible here >.<

Detailed explination of WHY brawl can't be run? *To make room for more melee players amirite?*

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
10 setups is more than enough to run the entire tournament. It would've been fine.

Brawl community goes out of its way to have melee at their event...Grmo you're being pretty irresponsible here >.<

Detailed explination of WHY brawl can't be run? *To make room for more melee players amirite?*
-_________________________________________ lolloollo_____________-

Top Bottom