• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

4Serial

Smash Lord
it's not a matter of one game having a better tournout than the other <_<
why would brawl players have to fear their game being flamed if all they had to do is post "sign me up for brawl please"?
don't be so paranoid. i thought we've gotten past brawl flaming.

and wow jay <_< you know, even if you don't make it out of pools, you can still get a lot of practice and get a lot better. i think you could make it out of pools.. just **** vic and chris =D do me proud! rep that green LOL if i could go, i would maybe pay for you to come, but surgery johns.

but yeah, i'm really sorry to the brawl community. hopefully i'll still see you all at the brampton tournament.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
To those who are still angry: you've already voiced your criticisms, so I'm not at all interested to hear what you've got to say now. I've given all the reasons I need to, so there's no point harassing me at this point. If you think it's unfair, that's fine, but you should probably read my posts so you understand at least something. If you think it's Melee elitism, you're an idiot. If you think it's still ok to complain over and over again when you have already said enough, it's not. Finish up, respond to this post if you need to, then get out if you've got nothing positive to say. I know you guys hate me, that's fine. I'm not happy with a lot of you right now, because this is just immature and unnecessary. Not to discredit those who have been patient and more understanding. This is the last I will discuss on this topic; anything else can be settled through private messages or emails.

i did this at OiN2...i think it was me and sylar vs. stos and someone. i got so many weird gimps, it was hilarious =P

but the only real way to play ganon is to make angry, triumphant noises whenever you hit with his strong moves...especially dair. so if you get off dair, dair, techchase dair, everyone should be either laughing or staring at you in shock by the end of it.
I will keep this in mind.

i always think that too =P (no clue why i watch that show...but i guess on some level i can blame mike, for making me curious, and youtube for the same reason)
Blame me; I got Marco into it who got Mike into it who is now getting other people into it. Same goes for Higurashi.

Need More Hype For This Tourney!

Melee Is Just Too Good.
The drama needs to die down a bit before that can happen.
tourney will still **** without brawl.
:)
Can I be on a crew?

and don't suggest ny crew it'd be lame lol
Yeah, but we should probably sort out who's gonna be on what crews now. It's true, we've got a lot of time. The schedule that's posted up leaves tons of time for the unexpected, so very likely we'll be ahead of schedule. :)

I.B

Smash Lord
^ I don't think he's even coming anymore.

Hmmm I was going mainly for melee but I really wanted to size myself up in an out of state brawl competition, I guess take my name off the list and KOJ/TML sorry about this I wanted to play in both events but ill just save my money for mass madess the week after.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol im not trying to ***** im just adressing my post towards sanuzi because he doesnt seem to know the difference in the 2 situations, either way im not really pissed that brawls cancelled

Grmo

Smash Champion
Hmmm I was going mainly for melee but I really wanted to size myself up in an out of state brawl competition, I guess take my name off the list and KOJ/TML sorry about this I wanted to play in both events but ill just save my money for mass madess the week after.
^ I don't think he's even coming anymore.
"TML", of course. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Me and Moozles are still in, sucks with brawl being gone but that's all fine and dandy

Sanu

Smash Champion
To be completely honest, I do wish that Brawl could be run at the tournament... but we know grmo isn`t going to change his mind (I tried) and the risks outweigh the rewards. I still do feel like we could succeed in running Brawl, but having a tonne of random people show up the door is an inevitability if that is the case. The only way to handle that is to ask them to leave, which most won`t.

I feel kind of bummed out now =l

tha_carter

Smash Ace
To the brawlers,

The TO has pretty much already made his (irrational) decision. Theres no need to continue b1tching at him, it wont help the situation. Everyone who is still interested should look for another venue for the 21st in and around the area. He ****ed up, but that doesnt mean we should turn on him or the melee community. I live close by this venue, so ill take a look for another possible venue close by (hopefully within walking distance). Everyone else should do the same.

2008 Canadian Awards
Best Tournament Host

East Coast Winners
1st: Grmo
LOLLLLLLL:laugh:

Sorry, i had to.

Grmo

Smash Champion
To the brawlers,

The TO has pretty much already made his (irrational) decision. Theres no need to continue b1tching at him, it wont help the situation. Everyone who is still interested should look for another venue for the 21st in and around the area. He ****ed up, but that doesnt mean we should turn on him or the melee community. I live close by this venue, so ill take a look for another possible venue close by (hopefully within walking distance). Everyone else should do the same.

[insert making fun of Grmo here]

LOLLLLLLL:laugh:

Sorry, i had to.
WWWOOOOOOWWWWW that was SO uncalled for. Also uh, this has nothing to do with bad tournament hosting on my part. I didn't **** up, and it's not irrational at all. Check the OP for a condensed explanation if you're too lazy to read everything else.

I'm disturbed by how you hid your insults in among that attempt at diplomatic talk.

I am the one driving, so Neil/PikaPika! not coming really only means someone else takes his spot (Hubble). I am still planning on coming for this. Brawl being on the schedule didn't matter to me, TML, or K!CK at all.
Alright, thanks. I'll update the list.

idea

Smash Master
Sorry to go back to the topic of drama, but... Steve (PYROLOSERKID/SUPERCANSIR) was going to cancel the Melee events at his tourney for the SAME REASON(s) as Grmo.

How did the Melee community react? Civilized and understanding.
How is the Brawl community reacting to the exact same situation? Well, the proof is the pudding.

Summary: To ensure maximum efficiency and increase chance of success, sacrifices may have to be made. Steve realized this, and Grmo realized this.

Summary of Summary: Grow up.
good point, i forgot about that but it was basically the same thing - expected turnout far exceeding venue space (when the venue was his house =P). i suggested he drop melee to make the tourney run better. luckily he got a venue and didn't have to. who's going to that by the way?

xD Lucky Star is wayyy toooo good :3
after watching it last night i decided to take a japanese language course next year =P cause i really like the language itself, and on lucky star, they use this great language to talk about things like clothes and chocolate...regular, everyday stuff. so i'd like to learn how to say more interesting things.

it would also give me way more options for movies and video games - the ones that don't get translated.

Blame me; I got Marco into it who got Mike into it who is now getting other people into it. Same goes for Higurashi.

he told me to watch higurashi <_< i watched part of it, but wasn't really interested. this was the first 10 minutes or so of the episode where the person puts a knife on the wall and... you know. but after that it seemed rather normal. i'm told you have to watch it in larger segments than one episode though.

Grmo

Smash Champion
he told me to watch higurashi <_< i watched part of it, but wasn't really interested. this was the first 10 minutes or so of the episode where the person puts a knife on the wall and... you know. but after that it seemed rather normal. i'm told you have to watch it in larger segments than one episode though.
Watch the first 4 episodes then decide if you like it or not. It gets really cool later. The first episode is balls though.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
grmo seriously, it was really immature of you to hype this as a melee brawl tournament, then cancel because omg I don't know how many people will come. you seriously owe everyone big time.

I invited ally and holy to come to this, and ally cancelled his plans to go to the west coast for this, all because of your stupid little stunt.

what the **** is wrong with t.o's screwing me over in the past month, ffs

4Serial

Smash Lord
grmo's already apologized, several times. -______-
you know he's already made up his mind. what do you want from him?
he doesn't owe anyone anything. all brawl players had to do is make a simple post. that's all he asked for.
if you can't respect the tournament hosts decisions on what he thought was best for the community, then you probably didn't deserve a tournament in the first place. i'm sorry, but please stop *****ing to grmo. it's not helping either sides of the community.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
all he has to do is put a cap on registration or something. that's too hard? come on, if you say "only pre-reg can play" then that's the rule and that's it. don't come and make people cancel plans only to say to attend this thing, then go "meh sorry I don't really care at this point, and YOU guys don't look organized and don't tell me who's coming". this is why he should apologize for real.

this isn't about what game is being played or not, it's about what he offered to people, and how he did not respect his engagement. the way he explained himself did not cut it, no matter what anyone says. none of the reasons were good enough, and he never truly apologized. his previous posts explaining the situation were laughabe.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
So, I'd like to officially say that after a whole two-week effort of getting the day off of work for that day, that I'd like to have my name added to the list lol (for melee)
Also I believe I can bring my other Guelph friend to this tourney

but my original ride was a brawler lol, so my ride has been cancelled.
I'd like to ask if anyone would know from experience how easy it is to get to this venue from Guelph...
Cuz I have no highway driving experience, just small expressways lol
The first post of this thread gave directions from the 401 sounded simplistic, but I'm paranoid and want to know if it really is as easy as it sounds lol

Also, if anyone is going to the tourney from the area *cough*SYLAR*cough* and could give us some sort of ride lol, it'd be much appreciated

Grmo

Smash Champion
So, I'd like to officially say that after a whole two-week effort of getting the day off of work for that day, that I'd like to have my name added to the list lol (for melee)
Also I believe I can bring my other Guelph friend to this tourney

but my original ride was a brawler lol, so my ride has been cancelled.
I'd like to ask if anyone would know from experience how easy it is to get to this venue from Guelph...
Cuz I have no highway driving experience, just small expressways lol
The first post of this thread gave directions from the 401 sounded simplistic, but I'm paranoid and want to know if it really is as easy as it sounds lol

Also, if anyone is going to the tourney from the area *cough*SYLAR*cough* and could give us some sort of ride lol, it'd be much appreciated
It is pretty simplistic, actually, so long as you get off at the right place. If you have a cell phone and get lost, you can call me for help, since I know the area pretty well. Alternately, if you can't drive, you can just take a bus and we can pick you up from a stop on mississauga road.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
It is pretty simplistic, actually, so long as you get off at the right place. If you have a cell phone and get lost, you can call me for help, since I know the area pretty well. Alternately, if you can't drive, you can just take a bus and we can pick you up from a stop on mississauga road.
lol that sounds good.

also if you still need setups, i can bring a gamecube or two, melee disc(s), and hopefully find powerbars/extension cords laying around the house

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
all he has to do is put a cap on registration or something. that's too hard? come on, if you say "only pre-reg can play" then that's the rule and that's it. don't come and make people cancel plans only to say to attend this thing, then go "meh sorry I don't really care at this point, and YOU guys don't look organized and don't tell me who's coming". this is why he should apologize for real.

this isn't about what game is being played or not, it's about what he offered to people, and how he did not respect his engagement. the way he explained himself did not cut it, no matter what anyone says. none of the reasons were good enough, and he never truly apologized. his previous posts explaining the situation were laughabe.
we're all saddened by this **** but bascially saying it over and over again won't change the decsion. your just making it worse for chances of possible mixed tourney's in the future. and he did apologize multiple times but what is he supposed to do. get a bouncer to stop people from getting in then locking the door when everyones there. it's his venue and there's nothing that you can do about it. if you want go anyways bring your own tv and brawl set up and play it by yourself in the corner. or start your own tourney. it would actually be a very smart idea if someone found a near by venue on the same day. you'd get alot of people to come considering you'd be stealing the cold brawl hype and people can go back and forth. theres nothing he ca do about having one venue with too much overflow. i'm sure you didn't kill your future with these plans and if you did somehow like quit your job then well a job isn't as important as a tourney. there will be others but the more you complain the less of a chance there is to have others. take the day off anyways and go relax with yor friends see a movie, get drunk, break some ****

Grmo

Smash Champion
Seriously though...there's nothing I can do about it. It's beyond my control. Sacrifices have to be made sometimes in order to avert a possible disaster. Do you think I've never been screwed over by tournament stuff? Of course it happens. Holding grudges won't get you anywhere. Like KrIsP! said, just take a day off. You probably need it.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^

I spoke to grmo by pm. Everything's ok.
TML, I guess that stfu was deserved, so I'll get revenge in melee. Then we can have a coke.
I don't know who will come from montreal though.

idea

Smash Master
Oh, that's unfortunate. I'm probably not going to be going then.
a much better way of handling it =P

it'll be worth it. find people and bug them for friendlies a lot. (who are you anyway? you keep commenting on gta youtube videos)

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
it'll be worth it. find people and bug them for friendlies a lot. (who are you anyway? you keep commenting on gta youtube videos)
lol i met david/mike/ryan about 2 years ago at Anime North... and i never really got around to doing anything about it due to far too many reasons

but then i found a way lol and i was actually at OiN4..., which was my first actual tourney

Sanu

Smash Champion
^^

I spoke to grmo by pm. Everything's ok.
TML, I guess that stfu was deserved, so I'll get revenge in melee. Then we can have a coke.
I don't know who will come from montreal though.
This is me being really glad that Reggie didn't continue through with the route he was on. I hate seeing friends argue !! :(

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
after watching it last night i decided to take a japanese language course next year =P cause i really like the language itself, and on lucky star, they use this great language to talk about things like clothes and chocolate...regular, everyday stuff. so i'd like to learn how to say more interesting things.

it would also give me way more options for movies and video games - the ones that don't get translated.

There are Japanese language courses in York? Now I'm going there :3 If not.... well I'll still be going there xd

As well; since the Starfurry came back, will the Starfurry kitty come back as well? 0.0

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Guys, I heard the real T-Pain (the actual rapper not just some imitator) is coming to this.

THE ACTUAL RAPPER T-PAIN IS COMING TO THIS TO PLAY MELEE

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol wut?

he should be in jail then he can talk to us over a tv set up...watch a falco get spiked off his sun glasses.

idea

Smash Master
lol i met david/mike/ryan about 2 years ago at Anime North... and i never really got around to doing anything about it due to far too many reasons

but then i found a way lol and i was actually at OiN4..., which was my first actual tourney
OHHH okay, now i remember you. i was there too, i don't know if i played you or not though. oh, i think you played me and sylar in doubles...

Why is every canadian name I've ever heard going to this tournament?

This will be too hard, I only play cpu's

=(
lol

please come, montreal...

There are Japanese language courses in York? Now I'm going there :3 If not.... well I'll still be going there xd

As well; since the Starfurry came back, will the Starfurry kitty come back as well? 0.0
i'm sure most universities have different language courses. overall i like york...but i've only been to one uni, so i don't have much of a basis for comparison. seems more easygoing than other places though, especially u of t.

Top Bottom