• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Here are some reasons the brawl portion of the tournament was cancelled:

-Four events in one day... with big attendance
-Brawl is inherently slow
-It takes a long time to finish
-More casuals with less tournament experience don't help the flow
-There is less expected attendance for brawl
-There is a lot of hype and expected turnout for melee
-The people traveling to the tournament are mostly melee
-Melee is a fast game
-Most melee players have competed in tournaments and will know the rules
-Less brawl setups
-More melee setups
-There is an attendance cap at the venue, with the people traveling and the majority of expected hype and the more setups for melee issues lying around it makes sense to accept the majority of the people into the venue to play their game than vice versa

stfu now plx

Gichan

Smash Champion
Hope this is a lesson learned to those that are butthurt and those lazy *****.
Not another Niagara guy who thinks Toronto is too lazy to do a tournament. Ambrose and I are working on it. Venues are like 3x more expensive here than in other places. People cannot provide housing cause parents that live here are too paranoid caue the city is dangerous. Lots of stupid factors. Just expect a Toronto tourney in mid April, all I'm saying.

Yes Niagara is the only one to host tournies recently, but remember, there are a bunch of you that live relatively near and also have a kick *** venue that costs only $275! You know what I can get here for $275? Nothing, that's merely half the price of a venue! So please, I've been looking to run a tournament for a long time. Ask others, just really hard to do. If I EVER come across a cheap venue that's at least decent, expect consistent tournies.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Not another Niagara guy who thinks Toronto is too lazy to do a tournament. Ambrose and I are working on it. Venues are like 3x more expensive here than in other places. People cannot provide housing cause parents that live here are too paranoid caue the city is dangerous. Lots of stupid factors. Just expect a Toronto tourney in mid April, all I'm saying.

Yes Niagara is the only one to host tournies recently, but remember, there are a bunch of you that live relatively near and also have a kick *** venue that costs only $275! You know what I can get here for $275? Nothing, that's merely half the price of a venue! So please, I've been looking to run a tournament for a long time. Ask others, just really hard to do. If I EVER come across a cheap venue that's at least decent, expect consistent tournies.
venue fees in toronto is ridicolous.
i have a venue but then its like $300 but then its big i guess.
though i havent tried going to community centres and asking for venue total venue fee.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
What else am I suppose to think Gi, seriously man? And theres more problems then that. We have to **** people for setups, that shouldn't be fckin necessary. People don't post and just show up. People don't post because of potential Melee vs Brawl? Lulz what da ****. You mention Melee and people just fckin shudder and cringe. Also, we should be running our own events and not people whos intention is commerce.

This is what I see.

/rant

Its just fckin annoying.

WIGI

Smash Champion
Desh the only way im still driving u is if i still have nothing to do on this day, and u pay for my singles.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Grmo, might wanna put no brawl or brawl canceled in the topic title, so we don't have these people showing up and expecting brawl.

Raidos and I are still coming, Percon and Pyrnight are unconfirmed, but I am sure they will still come.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
canceled, il still go and chill i guess, i booked it off so i mite as well make use of it. unless more melee peeps start to show up then u can cross my name off the list. it wuldnt be right for me to go and not enter. so does that mean ally/holy wont be attending then?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Well Niko isn't coming anymore, so you can get a ride in Mike car mobile. You might wanna ask him tho, if hes 100% on not coming.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I might be coming, but not likely, since I suck in Melee :3 idk I haven't played against people alot in Melee recently =P

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I got a USB WinTV-HVR 950Q by Hauppauge from Best Buy. I got a USB one specifically because I wanted to be able to record on my laptop. (Most TV tuners, or at least the better/cheaper ones, are PCI cards that won't fit in a laptop). It was $105, but they had it on the wrong shelf so I got it for $75. I also happened to have $75 in gift cards from Christmas, so realistically I only had to pay the tax on it.

It isn't the greatest -- certainly not as good as my previous card -- but for a USB dongle that literally cost me ten bucks, it suffices. Although it would be better if the capture program was more robust in terms of recording parameters; I can only choose "high quality" or "low quality", I can't play with the audio levels or resolution or anything. But that's what VirtualDub is for.

Edit:
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr950q.html

Edit 2: I should mention that I originally wanted this, but they were sold out and since it only takes composite input, so you'd need to buy three additional Y-cables (they're freaking rare and expensive for some reason, I was actually prepared to build one myself with a plugboard and soldering iron) to be able to record and watch on the TV simultaneously.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
i'll do quadruple ganon friendlies with people.
Let's do it.
I might be coming, but not likely, since I suck in Melee :3 idk I haven't played against people alot in Melee recently =P
lol Konata
gta vs. montreal?

canada vs. various states?

gta OR montreal, vs various states?
maybe. I don't know if we should do regional crews or small crews. We should talk about it. Also, about which characters are in low tier. Do you want to follow the current tier list?

idea

Smash Master
Let's do it.
i did this at OiN2...i think it was me and sylar vs. stos and someone. i got so many weird gimps, it was hilarious =P

but the only real way to play ganon is to make angry, triumphant noises whenever you hit with his strong moves...especially dair. so if you get off dair, dair, techchase dair, everyone should be either laughing or staring at you in shock by the end of it.

lol Konata
i always think that too =P (no clue why i watch that show...but i guess on some level i can blame mike, for making me curious, and youtube for the same reason)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
what kind of crews?

two drat pick crews would be sex'd also commentary(david and someone jokes).

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
That would be pretty fun. Real crews should happen though, I wanna see which region is the best at this tourny.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
That too, we have so much time now!!!! SO MUCH TIME WE CAN DO IT ALL!!

3v3 CvS style tournament also, low tier tournament, OMG SO MUCH TIME!!!! MELEE ONLY IS SOOOOO GOOOOOOOD

===)))

America is one region for this tournament plx.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sorry to go back to the topic of drama, but... Steve (PYROLOSERKID/SUPERCANSER) was going to cancel the Melee events at his tourney for the SAME REASON(s) as Grmo.

How did the Melee community react? Civilized and understanding.
How is the Brawl community reacting to the exact same situation? Well, the proof is the pudding.

Summary: To ensure maximum efficiency and increase chance of success, sacrifices may have to be made. Steve realized this, and Grmo realized this.

Summary of Summary: Grow up.

PikaPika!

Smash Ace
Hmmm I was going mainly for melee but I really wanted to size myself up in an out of state brawl competition, I guess take my name off the list and KOJ/TML sorry about this I wanted to play in both events but ill just save my money for mass madess the week after.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
mood: disappointed

Gay, I kinda cancelled BIO2 (WC Tourney) for this and there's no more brawl. wow...

Take me and Holy out of the list.
nice... now I feel bad for inviting you -_-;
So much drama >_> Tourney's gonna be awesome. Reggie, I hope Montreal can get everyone out to this :( Toronto v. Quebec would be cool
brawl is cancelled, vwins probably won't come anymore. I'm not sure I wanna come anymore. The reasons given for cancelling brawl were half-***** imo. This isn't very professional.

edit: actually, since ally and holy won't come, only 1 car will be leaving montreal, so only 4-5 people will go instead of 8-9.

KingAce

Smash Ace
No sanuzi there is a big difference in the cancellation of brawl in this tourny and melee in steves tourny. In this tourny, you have more brawlers than melee players coming (likely) and if not about the same amount. Also, your losing a LOT of people that were going to enter melee as well but wanted to come if there was brawl. In the other case, it didnt matter if melee was cancelled because there were way more brawlers and on top of that a lot of the people that were going for melee probably werent going to enter brawl

Top Bottom