• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Tmacc's friend mains Snake, rememberrr
and Corey uses ZSS sometime
I could try to pick her us up as a secondary

@TP: no one ever picks up lucas either ):
Lemme correct myself. We don't have any good Snake mains or ZSS mains.

>_> There's a difference between a main and a secondary.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Your Diddy is surprisingly good. Even if you don't stick with him, you're good enough with him that playing him will make you a lot better overall (because playing more characters at a higher level helps your overall understanding of the game).

You should definitely keep working on him.

I need to get David to teach me Marth or IC's or something. Or maybe I should learn Diddy. I dunno.
Haha, why thank you very much, Will. That's like, the nicest thing you've ever said to me about a character that wasn't my D3 :awesome:

I'm definitely thinking about spending the next few months making a transition into a new main. Like I told Cook the other night (and Will has been through this), I feel like I'm good at the game overall, but I'm tired of playing a limited character. I'm ready to expand my horizons. Before, I didn't think I was good enough to do it, but now, I feel like I'm at a point where I can begin to take that step. We'll see what happens, but over the next few months, the character for that transition might be Diddy. I have hardly played him before, but I've been playing him the past couple days and I feel REALLY comfortable with him. However, it will take many months before I am good enough with him. But we will see.

Plus, Diddy is my favorite character and I've always wanted to play him, but didn't think I was good enough.

Sorry Tech, but I'm not sure what will happen anymore :( thanks for the support though bro <3 either way, I'm not droping D3 completely, becauseI love him, and if I do it won't be for awhile.

TP, I'll MM your Ganon with Diddy. Lol, next tourny.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Haha, why thank you very much, Will. That's like, the nicest thing you've ever said to me about a character that wasn't my D3 :awesome:

I'm definitely thinking about spending the next few months making a transition into a new main. Like I told Cook the other night (and Will has been through this), I feel like I'm good at the game overall, but I'm tired of playing a limited character. I'm ready to expand my horizons. Before, I didn't think I was good enough to do it, but now, I feel like I'm at a point where I can begin to take that step. We'll see what happens, but over the next few months, the character for that transition might be Diddy. I have hardly played him before, but I've been playing him the past couple days and I feel REALLY comfortable with him. However, it will take many months before I am good enough with him. But we will see.

Plus, Diddy is my favorite character and I've always wanted to play him, but didn't think I was good enough.

Sorry Tech, but I'm not sure what will happen anymore :( thanks for the support though bro <3 either way, I'm not droping D3 completely, becauseI love him, and if I do it won't be for awhile.

It's all good Todd just do you. I thought I would never drop Snake and how here I am maining DDD lol. You just have to play what you like and what makes you happy.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
There's a lot of Brawl talk going on in here. Saint Louis has melee too right? DarkAtma :)

Anyways, Arkansas is coming to the Springfield MO tournament on the 19th, and so is LinkMO from Columbia. I'm working on Kansas City too so that just leaves you guys. It IS a Brawl + Melee tourney. Step it up Saint Louis and send a car load down here :)

TP

Smash Master
Sweet, I can continue my lifetime undefeated streak against you when money is involved. :D

In other news, I left Wash U. I'm not sure if college is right for me at this point, so I'm trying to figure some stuff out. Theoretically, I should be able to come to Tuesday smashfests now.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Sweet, I can continue my lifetime undefeated streak against you when money is involved. :D

In other news, I left Wash U. I'm not sure if college is right for me at this point, so I'm trying to figure some stuff out. Theoretically, I should be able to come to Tuesday smashfests now.
Just wait till there IS a LGL next time we play in tourny :awesome:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Bpow its cool with if you stay with us till tues, and your friend can stay sat night as well.

Nuris

Smash Lord
ip man is the most epic movie i have ever seen in my life
ip man is pretty sweet, especially since there was no bull**** at the ending where his opponent is like really strong and almost beats him and then he finds the strength and courage within himself to fight beyond his ability and overcome his final opponent after getting the crap kicked out of him. ip man was like **** that bull**** im just going out and tapping DAT ***. plus he didnt even die cuz he's a G.

the only problem i had with it when i was watching it was that it was dubbed and sounded stupid as ****. actually really the worst part was that the japanese was in japanese but wasnt subtitled, so i couldnt understand what they were saying and i was like "wtf ****ing japanese."

actually that's kinda how i feel a lot of the time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
ip man is pretty sweet, especially since there was no bull**** at the ending where his opponent is like really strong and almost beats him and then he finds the strength and courage within himself to fight beyond his ability and overcome his final opponent after getting the crap kicked out of him. ip man was like **** that bull**** im just going out and tapping DAT ***. plus he didnt even die cuz he's a G.

the only problem i had with it when i was watching it was that it was dubbed and sounded stupid as ****. actually really the worst part was that the japanese was in japanese but wasnt subtitled, so i couldnt understand what they were saying and i was like "wtf ****ing japanese."

actually that's kinda how i feel a lot of the time.
Dubbed movies are horrible. I don't know how people watch them lol, I only do it if I absolutely cannot find the sub.

Jordan you gave me an infraction!?!?!!?!?
I answered your question. Also, you have an edit button...stop double posting.

Cook

Smash Master

You dropped out of school? Hope everything's ok for you...

Nuris

Smash Lord
Dubbed movies are horrible. I don't know how people watch them lol, I only do it if I absolutely cannot find the sub.
well, for your generic kung fu movie, the poorly dubbed lines are part of what makes the movie so bad, which is part of what makes the movie so awesome.

but for an actually decent movie like ip man, like one with a story and well choreographed scenes and such, the dubs really do ruin it.

but i dont pirate except on league of legends and ip man was play instant netflix, but only dubbed :[

i watched it without realizing how awesome it was :[
but then i watched it again with a friend subtitled on hulu, and that was pretty good

Nuris

Smash Lord
they also instant stream the jpn version on netflix. i liked that movie but it was silly how ip man had NO competition until the very last fight.
I wouldn't really say him suffering a tiny bruise on the cheek and a swat the the chest made the dude even close to his level lol. Basically he was feeling him out for 30 sec, then was like, "this noob does the same stuff over and over" followed by gimpgimp0todeath. Really his greatest foe of the was himself, because he only got touched when he let himself get touched, like by the general or his wife. Basically the entire movie he was untouchable but not unshootable.

So the real moral of the story is guns are dangerous.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Good luck with that, do what you gotta do man. It's better to find out what you want and then assess your school situation than it is to keep going to school "just to go to school", which could be a waste of money / time if it's not what you want to do. My mom never finished a degree and she makes a ******** 6 figure salary as of the last ~5 years, and she's just now getting her degree this year (at age 60).

Nuris

Smash Lord
Good luck with that, do what you gotta do man. It's better to find out what you want and then assess your school situation than it is to keep going to school "just to go to school", which could be a waste of money / time if it's not what you want to do.
In general:

I definitely agree with this for grad school, and in most cases undergrad as well. For grad school I feel like you really need to at least like your field or major to continue, and for PhD it's really good to find something you're passionate about. Also to be a doctor you have to be crazy.

To TP:

As for undergrad, if you'd rather be doing something else, or have a 1 in a million idea, then go for it. The worst that could happen is you fail, you pick yourself up, and maybe go back to college, maybe find something else you want to try.

I will say that if you don't have any idea what you want to do, college can be a good way to spend your time while you figure that out. But for this to work you have to take every advantage the school gives you (probably a lot more than you know). A good school like Wash U can really help you out, setting you up with jobs, internships, and other programs after you graduate, getting you connections in your field, helping you get into grad school... But it's a lot of hard work, and at $40k a year Wash U may not be the best place to get a degree that you may never use in your future line of work lol.

If you do decide now or later that you want a degree, maybe just to open more doors and give you more options, I do recommend enrolling in a 4-year university. It doesn't have to be as big or expensive as Wash U, but I feel a degree from somewhere like SLU or UMSL could really be worth the time and effort.

But yeah what do I know lol. I just really tired and felt like saying something and being part of the discussion so I stay awake before stupid class. D:

TP

Smash Master
Thanks for the support and advice, guys. <3 this community.

I'm seeing the guy whose venue I can use for tournaments tonight. I'll try and set something up with him.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
scratch this. i havent been on here in so long i've forgotten how to use smashboards lol.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'll be in town this upcoming week, anyone up for a few games.. and mabye a few beers?
Are you sure this is the right thread, nobody plays Melee in St. Louis.

Seriously though, I'd love to play you but I just don't think other people are going to be in town.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
a few things:

I'm in TX; suck on it *****es.

IP man is the greatest movie evvvveeerrrrrr. He literally beat a man to death. The guy was standing, IP man beat on him, and he was on the ground. A literal beating. Mind status = blown.

TP, school is for chumps. Lol, no but seriously if you don't know why you're in school, why go? ;D You'll figure it all out if you settle down and think it all over.

Oh, what's a melee? Bawrlzzz all day. (even though it's a terribad game).

Um,...oh! Disregard females, acquire currency. LAWL.

Top Bottom