• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
if you guys are bored and want to read some drama i started some with d a r k p e a c h on the peach boards where they are interviewing him.

for your amusement!

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Come tomorrow you bum. Next week everyone will be tired from Whobo. This week they need practice. Makes sense, yes? Or if no one wants to then w/e it's all good.
Haha, I cant tomorrow, I'm on break and coming back to stl on Wednesday night.

Also, speaking of, Whobo hype.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
if you guys are bored and want to read some drama i started some with d a r k p e a c h on the peach boards where they are interviewing him.

for your amusement!
If only people could have seen my set with said player (avoiding namesearch i guess) :laugh:

So how would I go about getting to Saint Louis from west MO? I'll be moving to there from NJ in August :)

TP

Smash Master
Tournament April 16th, doors open at 11. Be there.

I'll make the thread tomorrow when I'm less tired, or Rauleen can do it if she wants to make the ruleset (I really don't care either way).

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Tournament April 16th, doors open at 11. Be there.

I'll make the thread tomorrow when I'm less tired, or Rauleen can do it if she wants to make the ruleset (I really don't care either way).
****in' badass, April 15th is my LAWL I'M SO ****ING OLD 1/4 of a century birthday, so that makes the perfect birthday present. Thanks TP :D

alt-F4

Smash Ace
If only people could have seen my set with said player (avoiding namesearch i guess) :laugh:

So how would I go about getting to Saint Louis from west MO? I'll be moving to there from NJ in August :)
Find your way to to !-70 then take it east... literally all you need to know. I guess getting to a specific house would require a few more directions but you get the basic idea.

MetalMusicMan

See ya'll tonight, I'll start the tourney earlier or later depending on who shows up when. Probably won't start later than 7pm for the tourney itself.

Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylatt Cruise
Yoshi's Island Brawl

Final Destination
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2

****ing ******** thing that shouldn't exist: 25 (****ing ******** bat only)

Game freezing / IDC banned, etc.

No infinites banned, yadda yadda

DSR = yes

Sudden Death = 1 stock, 3 min rematch

2/3 sets, double elim, 3/5 lf, wf, gf, etc. etc. etc.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I probably won't have a car =/
hmm well that creates a lot of problems. not really sure what to tell you.

also won't be there tonight... not that anyone will be surprised anymore...

seriously thought as soon as I can I will be back; I miss you guys :(

Cook

Smash Master
See ya'll tonight, I'll start the tourney earlier or later depending on who shows up when. Probably won't start later than 7pm for the tourney itself.

Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylatt Cruise
Yoshi's Island Brawl

Final Destination
Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2

****ing ******** thing that shouldn't exist: 25 (****ing ******** bat only)

Game freezing / IDC banned, etc.

No infinites banned, yadda yadda

DSR = yes

Sudden Death = 1 stock, 3 min rematch

2/3 sets, double elim, 3/5 lf, wf, gf, etc. etc. etc.
Why are you bothering with a lgl if you don't like them?

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Why are you bothering with a lgl if you don't like them?
Will...

I experienced it. It greatly affects the game/outcome, for most characters. I feel pretty strongly about it now.

Won't be there anyways, though :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Rauleen and I are both sick...I will drive there to drop Bpow off and stay maybe like 30 mins to an hour but I'm going to go back and rest. So no tournament for me.

TP

Smash Master
Welp, there goes my ride. Have fun guys.

(Realistically, I should never have planned to go to this smashfest since I have stuff I should do tonight.)

MetalMusicMan

Well scratch the practice tournament then, looks like everyone is bailing. If you guys are sick why are you dropping Bpow off? It sounds like no one is coming anyway so you don't really need to bother.

Todd, I only had a LGL because WHOBO has it and I was intending this as WHOBO practice for those who are going. Your strong feelings towards wanting a LGL are ******** because LGL's are ********. "You've experienced it"? So have I... who hasn't?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well scratch the practice tournament then, looks like everyone is bailing. If you guys are sick why are you dropping Bpow off? It sounds like no one is coming anyway so you don't really need to bother.

Todd, I only had a LGL because WHOBO has it and I was intending this as WHOBO practice for those who are going. Your strong feelings towards wanting a LGL are ******** because LGL's are ********. "You've experienced it"? So have I... who hasn't?
Because he is going to stay with david until we leave and david is supposed to take him home from the smashfest tonight.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Why do you think it's ********?

I mean, looking at both perspective, if I were planked more, I (and others) might maybe probably learn ways to deal with it better. Although I did find a "way" around it with Wario when I had to, it still put me in an easily punished position after done once, and made it hardly worth while.

When the Metaknight was on the ledge, it completely changed how the match was being played.

MetalMusicMan

It's a ********, arbitrary, totally fake and completely ridiculous rule based on absolutely nothing that has anything to do with the game.

Setting a ledge grab limit makes as much sense as saying "Snake can only f-tilt 20 times per game", or "Ganon gets 3 free Warlock Punches per game". "Falco can only jab 30 times, after that it's broken so make sure not to jab over that amount or you automatically loose".

Are we ****ing 5 years old? Are we ****ing playing cops and robbers and making up impractical, bull**** rules that don't exist and aren't real as we go along, just to make ourselves feel better?

Even giving it the benefit of the doubt and ignoring how childish, pointless, and impractical the rule is... it doesn't even do what it's supposed to. Setting a ledge grab limit to X doesn't remove planking in any way. It just says "well you can use this broken tactic X number of times, but after that it's broken". No, the tactic is either broken or it isn't.

If you want to whine about Metaknight, then say you want to ban him. Or, better yet, put up and shut up.

A ledge grab limit is worthless and ******** and worthless... and ********... and also worthless... oh yeah, and it's ****ing ******** too.

I'm so ****ing sick of explaining this, you have no idea.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's a ********, arbitrary, totally fake and completely ridiculous rule based on absolutely nothing that has anything to do with the game.

Setting a ledge grab limit makes as much sense as saying "Snake can only f-tilt 20 times per game", or "Ganon gets 3 free Warlock Punches per game". "Falco can only jab 30 times, after that it's broken so make sure not to jab over that amount or you automatically loose".

Are we ****ing 5 years old? Are we ****ing playing cops and robbers and making up bull**** rules that don't exist and aren't real?

Furthermore, it doesn't even do what it's supposed to. If you want to whine about Metaknight, then say you want to ban him. Or better yet, put up and shut up.

A ledge grab limit is worthless and ******** and worthless.
If you played on the east coast you'd be begging for a ledge grab limit of like 5 :laugh:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Will, is it ok if we get to your place around 4:30-4:40...

I really don't want to drive through rush hour traffic lol.

MetalMusicMan

Tmacc

Smash Lord

Are we ****ing 5 years old? Are we ****ing playing cops and robbers and making up impractical, bull**** rules that don't exist and aren't real as we go along, just to make ourselves feel better?

Even giving it the benefit of the doubt and ignoring how childish, pointless, and impractical the rule is... it doesn't even do what it's supposed to. Setting a ledge grab limit to X doesn't remove planking in any way. It just says "well you can use this broken tactic X number of times, but after that it's broken". No, the tactic is either broken or it isn't.

If you want to whine about Metaknight, then say you want to ban him. Or, better yet, put up and shut up.

A ledge grab limit is worthless and ******** and worthless... and ********... and also worthless... oh yeah, and it's ****ing ******** too.

I'm so ****ing sick of explaining this, you have no idea.
Of all the people in St. Louis, I am one of the least complainers about the game in general, and if I do it is usually like "OMFG YOSHI IZ BREOKN." No reason to get all pissy about it. <3

Anyways, I don't understand what you mean about "rules." Every rule we play by for this game is made up to make the game what we play. If not, wouldnt we be playing on all stages in FFA with a two minue timer? There are rules about I absolutely do not understand what you mean by "making up impractical, bull**** rules."

"Setting a ledge grab limit to X doesn't remove planking in any way. It just says "well you can use this broken tactic X number of times, but after that it's broken". No, the tactic is either broken or it isn't. "

Do you even understand the purpose of the LGL? If MK is on the ledge with no LGL, he can stay there. I have to approach him on the ledge, taking more damge than I do in the process, if I even do any damage.

If there IS a LGL, I can run at him, scare him off the ledge, and make him regrab it. I don't even have to go after him. If he stays there, I can keep forcing him to regrab if he wants to plank and I can let it go to time, making him lose. It DOES do what it's supposed to. If keeps him from staying there all game and keeps me from being forced to approach him off stage.

It's not just "X amount of times," it's "X amount of times in 8 minutes." Thats the point.

Also, Jowii, what does IP'd mean? lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lmfao <3

Yeah that's fine no biggie :) You'll be on your own to face the Seth-monster though, lol :p
lol should we knock or just walk in like usual? You get home at 5 I'm assuming?

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nah, rules should be chaingrabbing is illegal against Wolf, and if Wolf doesn't grab the ledge because the game hates him (ala PS1 and FD), then the opponent has to SD twice, even if they are on their last life and if it happens on Wolfs last life your opponent gets AIDS.

Top Bottom