• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
lol should we knock or just walk in like usual? You get home at 5 I'm assuming?
Yeah just walk in he won't really care :p

Todd, you are not incurring my wrath because I hate you. I <3 you. You will, however, incur my wrath nonetheless. Why? A) What you are saying is ****ing ********. B) I have been going on and on about this exact bull**** for like 100 ****ing pages in another topic and I have absolutely no patience left for the subject.

Anyways, I don't understand what you mean about "rules." Every rule we play by for this game is made up to make the game what we play. If not, wouldnt we be playing on all stages in FFA with a two minue timer? There are rules about I absolutely do not understand what you mean by "making up impractical, bull**** rules."
This is so ****ing wrong it's not even funny. The fact that so many people even think this just goes to show how much Smashers have an exaggerated sense of self worth combined with absolutely no understanding of how things actually work.

• We do not "make up a rule" to play without items. This is a game rule and a choice that the game gives us.

• We do not "make up a rule" to play with stocks, or with a specific number of stocks. This is a game rule and a choice that the game gives us.

• We do not "make up a rule" to play with 8 minute timer. This is a game rule and a choice that the game gives us.

• We do not "make up a rule" to choose stages. This is an option that the game gives us.

The Smash community did not "make Smash what it is today" by "making up whatever rules we want to make it competitive".

The game has rules and settings in it, and we choose them. This is just like any other game.

WE ARE NOT SPECIAL.

The fact that we choose to play without items does not in ANY WAY somehow entitle us to just do WHATEVER THE **** WE WANT. We aren't "making the game better" by playing without items, we're just PLAYING THE GAME, because the game was meant to be played WITH items or WITHOUT items.

It was meant to be played with Stocks, OR Coin Battle, OR Timed Battle, OR Stamina mode, etc. etc. into infinity.

"But what about Suicide KO Rules? What about blablablablablablablabla?"

****ing ******** and pointless, we have no right to do it, and more importantly not the means to do it.​

"But what about banning infinite grabs or grab release infinites?"

****ing ******** and pointless, we have no right to do it, and more importantly not the means to do it.​

The only necessary exterior rules that we have are the infinite 300% stalling clause and "no game freezing glitches/things that make the game unplayable", which covers things like IDC and isn't any different than anything that any other tournament viable game uses to cover its ***.

Your entire argument hinges on the idea that "we created this game by making up rules, so we should be able to makeup whatever we want".

That is flat out wrong.

Nah, rules should be chaingrabbing is illegal against Wolf, and if Wolf doesn't grab the ledge because the game hates him (ala PS1 and FD), then the opponent has to SD twice, even if they are on their last life and if it happens on Wolfs last life your opponent gets AIDS.
lmfao I love you.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
TBH, I'm very against CG and that was even BEFORE BRAWL EXISTED. But as they say, Get used to it Hitler.

LGL and stalling rules make sense if someone does damage to you, ONCE, and then chills out on the ledge and abuses invincibility for 7 minutes and 48 seconds. Most people don't do this, but I think it's okay to have this rule to prevent supergayness.

Cook

Smash Master
Ledgegrab counter is in the game I guess we can use it.

I guess we better use sudden death while we're at it.

Oh yeah, and we CAN use whatever rules we want because we're the ones PAYING to play the game. JSYK.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@TBlack- IP man. Watch it. Know what it means to be IP'd.

@Will- You're wrong. We play brawl with a LGL because there's an option in the game for it. It's under the ***** mode section. You'll find it above Todd's tampon and under rules about scrooging.

Cook

Smash Master
Joey you just don't like anti-planking rules because the only way you ever have a chance of winning a match against anyone remotely good is by playing so gay that they don't even care anymore. Try getting better imo.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
First off, you spelled my name wrong.

Second off, lrn2*****Less imo <3. And then lrn2Stamina.

Edit: Oh, and **** you, you play Olimar. Why are you complaining about playing gay? ***.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
OMFG I'M SUPRREERRR MAD! COOK IS TROLLIN ME SO ****IN HARD RIGHT NWO.

TODD, next time I decide to troll you, I'll get my troll armor on so Cook doesn't run in here and troll me so hard. Your guardian angel has yo' back.

Gaiz, Cook for top tier troll. Almost as good as his cuckold troll. Almost good as his troll hair. :urg: I'm just no match.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
That guy is a troll by circumstance.

Even if he was always srs, and straightforward, ppl would think they're being troll'd.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You just sound like you are trying to find loopholes for why what I said wasn't true. It's fact, you know it, just accept it and move on.

Also, any of you guys going to Jokers on the 19th?

TP

Smash Master
LOL this thread just kills me.

At my tourney (thread's going up in an hour) there will either be an LGL or MK ban, I don't care which. It'll be an LGL unless you guys really want MK banned.

As far as rules go, less is more. Extra rules should not be added unless there is a really good reason for them. I do think that we have good reason to add on a rule about MK. Banning him is the most simple, and therefore the best option by default. I won't do it, though, unless you guys want it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well since my form of playing Brawl is playing Melee since no one even plays Brawl in Nebraska, yeah, it'll get worse.

@ STL melee, jealous :)

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Just giving my 2 cents.

WILL as a Zelda main I have no options against planking and feel you would be putting me at an unfair disadvantage by not establishing a LGL.
Please consider this.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Just giving my 2 cents.

WILL as a Zelda main I have no options against planking and feel you would be putting me at an unfair disadvantage by not establishing a LGL.
Please consider this.
I ****ing main Falco dude. You don't have to explain it to me. Jigglypuff has no options against anyone most of the time... whether a character has options or not has nothing to do with anything. That's just how the game is. Some characters are bad, some are good. I don't beg for a LGL because Falco is poor against planking. That's just how the character is. He should be able to maintain a lead anyway. Zelda is just bad, them's the breaks.

Cookie, honestly, we shouldn't ignore SD. It's not even a big deal or that big of an impact. But it's grandfathered in after years of ignoring it, so there's not much point in arguing against it when there are bigger and more important issues in the present.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I ****ing main Falco dude. You don't have to explain it to me. Jigglypuff has no options against anyone most of the time... whether a character has options or not has nothing to do with anything. That's just how the game is. Some characters are bad, some are good. I don't beg for a LGL because Falco is poor against planking. That's just how the character is. He should be able to maintain a lead anyway. Zelda is just bad, them's the breaks.

Cookie, honestly, we shouldn't ignore SD. It's not even a big deal or that big of an impact. But it's grandfathered in after years of ignoring it, so there's not much point in arguing against it when there are bigger and more important issues in the present.

My face when you didn't realize I was trolling.

Radium88

Smash Lord
8:01 am. No later than 10 am. 14 - 15 hr car ride. Do the math...

Also can nicole ride with you guys? I dont want too many cars parked at my place.

Top Bottom