• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Probably going to have to retake Over the Counter Drugs over the summer, based on that midterm.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Just another reminder to yall who are going to WHOBO and staying with Hylian, it's $35 for the whole weeked for hotel. This is assuming that Hylian's list of people does not decrease or increase by the then.
It's 25-30 minutes away from the venue and they give you breakfast.
Here is the address for the drivers:
10521 East Fwy Houston Texas 77029

darkatma

Smash Hero
you guys got any room for your WHOBO trip?
I am heading down to houston for spring break this saturday originally, but that means I would miss the melee tourney on sunday by 1 day.. so if you guys have room, would I be able to go with peeps?

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
WHOBO is next Saturday not this Saturday homeboy.
Unless you're talking about staying the whole week and need somewhere to stay.
If that's the case I will have to wait and see.

Radium88

Smash Lord
seriously, whobo discussion plz
They were discussed a few pages back.

Well I'm planning on hosting a big tourney in August as part of the circuit event but other than that, I'm trying to do a bi-monthy (every other month) tournament soon.

@ WHOBO attendees

For those going to WHOBO and are riding in my car:

1. I need to know who's riding with me; so far (if otherwise tell me):

Myself, Hylian, Tmacc, Fuu, Nicole, and Future, and Bpow????​

Might have room for one more but that is a full 8 man lock and load.

2. The following is the schedule for WHOBO:

Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave

Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(10$ per person)
3 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave

Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME

As you can see, Friday is the starting day and it will be a 14-15 hr drive again. We plan on leaving between 8-10 AM on THURSDAY. We will probably leave either Saturday night if everyone doesn't mind missing rave 2 or early Sunday if people don't want to but we will leave super early on Sunday if it be the case. (I think the latter is what we might be doing since the $35/person hotel fee is for Saturday too.

3. Housing will be at the hotel listed by tofer and we will be with San Antonio and Austin people. Each group has a room I believe. This is for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Like I said, $35 per person for the whole thing.

4. Sorry for the wall of txt.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I think Ripple, Bpx, was Darkatma, etc are wondering about possibilities of going down with jo wii or another potential car going if there's no room with rauleen or potential problems getting down or going back with jo wii.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I think Ripple, Bpx, was Darkatma, etc are wondering about possibilities of going down with jo wii or another potential car going if there's no room with rauleen or potential problems getting down or going back with jo wii.
Hrm. I'm heading to TX tomorrow x_x; because I'm visiting friends and such. Also, I'm taking down my TV, as well as probably 2 of David's (or 1 and I'll grab one in TX) as well because Xyro needs help w/ setups and messaged me. I'm probably coming back when MO comes back, so if there's room in my car w/ the TVs in there, then anyone is welcome to ride back with me.

Radium88

Smash Lord
And i have already posted my car's plans and again in response to ripple. Bpx = bpow who is currently trying to figure out a way to stl. He might get a ride to KC and told him he should check with fino/mjg since he would be closer to them. this is the first time ripple has mentioned any interest. i dont know if he needs a ride there, a room, or anything.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
No, we are leaving before melee.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I do need a ride or I can drive others if need be.

I want to couchsurf though to save money.

BPx

Smash Lord
Ok, trying to work this out:

IF I can find somewhere to crash (sat/sun - thursday when we leave for WHOBO), I think I could come down. Is there anyone that would be willing to let me couchsurf for a couple days? Pcity and I would come down saturday night I think, he would stay the night as well, then head off to Louisiana the next day. If I can't find somewhere to stay, I guess I'll just chill in MJG's dorm room(while he has school) till KS crew left for WHOBO. Figured it'd be a little more fun to hang out with you guys for the week. Please let me know ASAP if you can help out at all.

edit:
Future said I could stay with him from Tuesday(after games @ Will's) till we leave for WHOBO. (:
Could I stay with anyone Sat night-Tues? :D :D

Thanks dudes

FWOG

Smash Cadet
ok after a lot of thinking and talking to mofos on AIB i'm happy to say i'm not droping diddy
*claps*

but Missouri is to small for 3 diddy mains so tmac have to go to Alaska <3 tyvm

Tmacc

Smash Lord
ok after a lot of thinking and talking to mofos on AIB i'm happy to say i'm not droping diddy
*claps*

but Missouri is to small for 3 diddy mains so tmac have to go to Alaska <3 tyvm
Who says I'm picking up Diddy??

I'm just thinking about it because I've always wanted to..

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Who says I'm picking up Diddy??

I'm just thinking about it because I've always wanted to..
Your Diddy is surprisingly good. Even if you don't stick with him, you're good enough with him that playing him will make you a lot better overall (because playing more characters at a higher level helps your overall understanding of the game).

You should definitely keep working on him.

I need to get David to teach me Marth or IC's or something. Or maybe I should learn Diddy. I dunno.

TP

Smash Master
I'll MM any Diddy in the state with Ganon except David. :D

Whenever people are talking about picking up a new character, it's never Ganon. I wonder why that is?

Top Bottom