• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Completely correct, after scanning through a bit.

It actually does bother me that they can't get over whatever their problem is. Or they cannot stop making jokes in a somewhat serious thread...
I'll admit that I don't particularly mind joking around in a serious thread. It helps to keep it from getting a little too serious. But yes, I know what you mean. It has devolved into this:

Thatfatcat

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit that I don't particularly mind joking around in a serious thread. It helps to keep it from getting a little too serious. But yes, I know what you mean. It has devolved into this:

Lmao. This defines my life. xD

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It seems I'm getting wall of texted by everyone nowadays.

You post one sentence and one of those pesky members posts some 10 paragraph long thesis by Socrates. God****it if I wanted intellectual discussion I would not post in the general discussion board of a Nintendo game forum. :mad:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

I'm tired and worked to the bone.

Glad my vacation starts tomorrow; I can't wait to visit my family and friends in Ohio, particularly a close friend of mine who is the closest thing to a brother I've ever had. Good times will ensue---though I have a feeling that the dynamic is going to be a little different than how it was in the past. It's strange and almost teenager-ish, but a lot of things have changed me. Better, worse, somewhere in-between...I can't even tell you the alpha and the omega of it all. If I would, I could. If I did, it would probably be one big ambivalent mess of a rant (ask Lythium about my rants and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about). I'll spare ya'll the torment of hangovers (not the drunken kind), confusion, heartache, frustration, and turnarounds.

But I gotta wonder how everybody's gonna react to this...well, reshaped (can't very well say "new," can I?) me?

Smooth Criminal

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
>_>

I'm tired and worked to the bone.

Glad my vacation starts tomorrow; I can't wait to visit my family and friends in Ohio, particularly a close friend of mine who is the closest thing to a brother I've ever had. Good times will ensue---though I have a feeling that the dynamic is going to be a little different than how it was in the past. It's strange and almost teenager-ish, but a lot of things have changed me. Better, worse, somewhere in-between...I can't even tell you the alpha and the omega of it all. If I would, I could. If I did, it would probably be one big ambivalent mess of a rant (ask Lythium about my rants and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about). I'll spare ya'll the torment of hangovers (not the drunken kind), confusion, heartache, frustration, and turnarounds.

But I gotta wonder how everybody's gonna react to this...well, reshaped (can't very well say "new," can I?) me?

Smooth Criminal
It's all good, droogie. People change, and often for the better. Just keep that in mind. :)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I've got a conundrum for you guys.

So "conceited" is usually taken to be a negative thing, right?

In that case, how do people get that way? I kinda understand the simple part of getting overconfident leading to it and similar things but... what is it about "conceited" people that keeps them there? Have they not heard of the word, or is there just some... internal flag that just gets ignored or isn't there?

...or maybe... being conceited is actually the way to go? After all, if you just copy and paste the whole play-to-win strategy to life or anything else it seems like the conceited ones (that can hold their position, of course) would take the race.

I think I've officially confused myself.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I have a problem that won't go away. Recently I went to a friend's bday party. It was really small, only two people showed. Some people didn't come. Throughout the night we played GH and RB, and then later in the night my friend pulls me aside and explains she loves to death. This wasn't s huge surprise to me, yet I was in denial about it for awhile now. Apparently everyone thinks we're going out. We talk often, went to a dance to together*which I really regret going to* last year, and I'm nice to her.
Slowly I start realizing she loves me but I don't love her back at all. She keeps trying to convince me I like her and that's why I'm even her friend and at the party. Long story short, we kiss, I realize I can't be with her, she gets unbelievably hurt and mad, and I feel like a giant douche.

I'm pissed that I didn't realize this sooner. I could have stopped it. She's a nice girl, but I'm not attracted to her.
Before the kissing and the drama, what really pissed me off was that whenever I tried to explain she was just a friend she'd keep asking why...I've known this girl since 5th grade...we go back to gradeschool. That's why. And when I tried saying that she took it the wrong way. "So you're just friends with me because I'm the only friend you've kept from gradeschool....wow"
We talked about everything and we're still friends, just not as close and yet I don't really seem to care at all.

What should I do?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Isn't conceited just another form of arrogance but to a lesser more passive-aggressive degree?

Synonyms:
1. vain, proud, egotistical, self-important, self-satisfied.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conceited

Anyway,

I have a problem that won't go away. Recently I went to a friend's bday party. It was really small, only two people showed. Some people didn't come. Throughout the night we played GH and RB, and then later in the night my friend pulls me aside and explains she loves to death. This wasn't s huge surprise to me, yet I was in denial about it for awhile now. Apparently everyone thinks we're going out. We talk often, went to a dance to together*which I really regret going to* last year, and I'm nice to her.
Slowly I start realizing she loves me but I don't love her back at all. She keeps trying to convince me I like her and that's why I'm even her friend and at the party. Long story short, we kiss, I realize I can't be with her, she gets unbelievably hurt and mad, and I feel like a giant douche.

I'm pissed that I didn't realize this sooner. I could have stopped it. She's a nice girl, but I'm not attracted to her.
Before the kissing and the drama, what really pissed me off was that whenever I tried to explain she was just a friend she'd keep asking why...I've known this girl since 5th grade...we go back to gradeschool. That's why. And when I tried saying that she took it the wrong way. "So you're just friends with me because I'm the only friend you've kept from gradeschool....wow"
We talked about everything and we're still friends, just not as close and yet I don't really seem to care at all.

What should I do?
Dude I was in a relationship where the girl I was with was totally in love with me,yet I didnt love her.I mean there is nothing you can do about it.If the spark isint there then It's not your fault.If she still gets upset when you try to explain it to her then there is little felt you can do.

We broke up after and we are still good friends.We shag pretty much every time we see eachother too.It's win win now.

**** BUDDY FTW!

sammy p

Smash Lord
i just found out today my best female friend has to leave school after today. she wrote in her diary(that her parents found might i add) that she did bad things(things im sure you could think of if you put your mind to it) in her basement with 2 of my best male friends(i bet you think im making this up). along with that, she also wrote that she had been drinking with ANOTHER friend of mine. NOW, he parents are sending her away. she will either be leaving her home in Illinois, to go to a boarding school in Pennsylvania, or go to Wisconsin to be Homeschooled by her aunt..... :(
today was not my day. ill never be able to look at my four best friends the same way again after ALL of them doing what they did...... i am just in shock and awe right now... i cant believe it........

i guess the lesson in this is that you should NEVER have a diary lol

Laijin

Smash Hero
i just found out today my best female friend has to leave school after today. she wrote in her diary(that her parents found might i add) that she did bad things(things im sure you could think of if you put your mind to it) in her basement with 2 of my best male friends(i bet you think im making this up). along with that, she also wrote that she had been drinking with ANOTHER friend of mine. NOW, he parents are sending her away. she will either be leaving her home in Illinois, to go to a boarding school in Pennsylvania, or go to Wisconsin to be Homeschooled by her aunt..... :(
today was not my day. ill never be able to look at my four best friends the same way again after ALL of them doing what they did...... i am just in shock and awe right now... i cant believe it........

i guess the lesson in this is that you should NEVER have a diary lol
Serious question. Not ment to offend you in anyway
Did you ever notice her slutty behavior?

sammy p

Smash Lord
Serious question. Not ment to offend you in anyway
Did you ever notice her slutty behavior?
not offended at all :) i HAVE, but as she is a really nice person to be around, ive always tried to ignore it. she never really had a great life, with her parents being divorced at a VERY early age, her dad is very, very, very controlling, and always having more responsibilities that a 15 year old girl should(yes shes only 15). sooo..... ya know

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yes. Yes, something is indeed bothering me.
Something has happened to my Recording Device ( My DAZZLE )

It won't capture the 'whole' screen anylonger.
It worked just fine the other day.

Lookie here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90Tk-OBCSU

See? You can't see the Health.

I'd be thankful to whoever can help me get this **** right again.
:ohwell:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That's probably your capturing SOFTWARE's fault. Check the capture settings. Are you using Windows Movie Maker?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
not offended at all :) i HAVE, but as she is a really nice person to be around, ive always tried to ignore it. she never really had a great life, with her parents being divorced at a VERY early age, her dad is very, very, very controlling, and always having more responsibilities that a 15 year old girl should(yes shes only 15). sooo..... ya know
This case seems to happen alot. Controlling father with a bad home life creates a want to go out of control.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Isn't conceited just another form of arrogance but to a lesser more passive-aggressive degree?

Synonyms:
1. vain, proud, egotistical, self-important, self-satisfied.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conceited
I just now noticed this.

Um... I don't really know where you're going with this, but yeah, I guess so.

The thing is, I'm about to drop one of my friends like a hot rock because of this trait. I'd also like to leave sleeping dogs lie in this situation, so I'm... confused.

Denzi

Smash Master
This might sound contradictory, but I hate consistently losing to people I know I'm better than. It's pissing me off.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
This might sound contradictory, but I hate consistently losing to people I know I'm better than. It's pissing me off.
Well then don't have the attitude you're having now. Even if you do know you're better than them, approach your match like you have an equal chance of either winning or losing. If you think "Oh man, I should beat this guy," then you'll tend to get cocky and not take them seriously. Approach it like you would a match with someone at the same skill level, don't anticipate a certain outcome.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
No johns son, if you lose, means you're not better then them.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I just now noticed this.

Um... I don't really know where you're going with this, but yeah, I guess so.

The thing is, I'm about to drop one of my friends like a hot rock because of this trait. I'd also like to leave sleeping dogs lie in this situation, so I'm... confused.
Maybe try talking to him about it first. If you're considering dropping him, it can't hurt. I was recently in a similar situation. Not sure how it's going to work out yet.

I'm sorry to hear that Sammy. Hopefully you can stay in touch. It's a pity they are just sending her away. I hope she sees counseling because it sounds like there may be a lot of underlying issues she needs to deal with. And yes, never have a diary unless you hide that thing where no one can find it. Lol.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm having serious issues sleeping

like going to bed at 5 or 6..or just not

and having to wake up for 10 or 9 o clock class every day.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I had a social life last semester at college.. but I realized that social life =tons of stupid females trying to hook up / date you / marry you, at least at my school. Now these women are just constantly calling me, and it makes me feel like crap, because I just want them to bother some other dude.

And one of my friends recently tried to kill himself by stepping in front of a truck on the highway. He failed and only received minor injuries, but now he's humiliated and depressed. And I don't know how I can possibly help him..

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I had a social life last semester at college.. but I realized that social life =tons of stupid females trying to hook up / date you / marry you, at least at my school. Now these women are just constantly calling me, and it makes me feel like crap, because I just want them to bother some other dude.
Say you're gay.
Have you tried telling these females you don't want them? If so I'd just shrug them off.

And one of my friends recently tried to kill himself by stepping in front of a truck on the highway. He failed and only received minor injuries, but now he's humiliated and depressed. And I don't know how I can possibly help him..
That's depressing. :(
You could try to get him to talk to someone or hook him up with a hotline. Also tell him that if he ever needs to talk to someone that you're there whenever. Just comfort him until he feels better. Hopefully he'll get better soon.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Either it's too much BAWWWWWW or too much HAHA for me in the Pool Room.

Eating Pokemon thread? Seriously? How stupid can one be?

Oh wait, we're humans.
I agree. The Disco Room is a horrible and completely mundane place to hang out.

It's also incredibly overdone and stupid now, I don't ever check it anymore.

Welcome to the internet in general.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Well this isn't major. still, here goes.
Well i have this thing @ my school called Winter Formal. it's basically kinda like a 2nd Homecoming or Prom. Except we gotta dress our sharpest. Our school has a particularly boring one. All we have is a fancy dinner with no Root Beer :,( and a speech. That's it. U would think we would have a dance maybe. But oh-no. We're a Christian School and "it's just offensive to dance at a Christian School!" (Please don't argue about the religious mention. I don't wanna start a fight)Now i'm a teenage guy and most of our kind say that we hate slowdancing. For me, while i won't say it to my friends, slow dancing with a hot girl turns me on :bigthumbu
"So what? U haz to go to a Fancy Dinner, well it's not that bad Lash." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY&NR=1
There is a brawl tournament, which is rare enough here in Arkansas, on the exact same day of Winter Formal AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. So yeah. That's my story.....poor me.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well if you're not going to get to dance, let alone dance with said "hot girl"... **** the formal go play brawl. Especially if they're rare.

Or you could just come to Dallas for Brawl. We have monthlies. :p

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Well if you're not going to get to dance, let alone dance with said "hot girl"... **** the formal go play brawl. Especially if they're rare.

Or you could just come to Dallas for Brawl. We have monthlies. :p
First of all, i am being forced to go by my mother.
Second, My lil bro won the state spelling bee so we get to go to the regional spelling bee, which is conveniently located in Dallas <(^_^)b

I'm coming March....uh, sometime in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom