• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Well when I was talking to vrael

I meant in another thread

MY rapping thread

He supposly wanted to challlenge me to a rap battle but I didn't feel like it and I posted my Outkast song instead... LOL and then I told him he lost.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Rap battle you say?

You see girls in Ireland are very strange.They all dress like sluts(literally I'm not being rude here) when they go out,but never put out.Plus they nearly all are obsessed with crappy mainstream pop/r&b/dance.

It's soul crushing.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Oh I was pretty much kidding about the rap thing, I just like to joke around about that stuff because I enjoy throwing crappy rhymes together.

OK, so I'm a freshman in high school, right? Well it annoys me when people are so closed minded on certain issues that they fail to see the other side of whatever the story is. For example, in History, we were discussion whether or not being "bad" or "good" had any effect in whether or not a group of people was a civilization or not. Some people were spewing **** like "Oh well if something's bad then it isn't a civilization." Now I dislike the teacher of this class, so I normally just talk to my friends during this period, but this comment made me lose a little faith in humanity so I felt I had to respond. I said "Well, first of all, good and bad are subjective. I doubt Hitler thought he was doing anything "bad," but what's "bad" in his eyes differ from what's "bad" in our eyes." At this point, some people started claiming that I was a Nazi and clearly missed the point of what I was saying. My best friend is Jewish, and I'm most definitely not a Nazi. It seems that at the word "Hitler" everyone just begins to freak out and ****. Jesus, calm down and realize that all the bull**** that people feed into your brain about what's "bad" or "good" while you're little and will believe anything might not be true. Think about the other side of things that you've normally just accepted as correct, you're in high school, start thinking for yourselves.

Pikaville

Oh I was pretty much kidding about the rap thing, I just like to joke around about that stuff because I enjoy throwing crappy rhymes together.

OK, so I'm a freshman in high school, right? Well it annoys me when people are so closed minded on certain issues that they fail to see the other side of whatever the story is. For example, in History, we were discussion whether or not being "bad" or "good" had any effect in whether or not a group of people was a civilization or not. Some people were spewing **** like "Oh well if something's bad then it isn't a civilization." Now I dislike the teacher of this class, so I normally just talk to my friends during this period, but this comment made me lose a little faith in humanity so I felt I had to respond. I said "Well, first of all, good and bad are subjective. I doubt Hitler thought he was doing anything "bad," but what's "bad" in his eyes differ from what's "bad" in our eyes." At this point, some people started claiming that I was a Nazi and clearly missed the point of what I was saying. My best friend is Jewish, and I'm most definitely not a Nazi. It seems that at the word "Hitler" everyone just begins to freak out and ****. Jesus, calm down and realize that all the bull**** that people feed into your brain about what's "bad" or "good" while you're little and will believe anything might not be true. Think about the other side of things that you've normally just accepted as correct, you're in high school, start thinking for yourselves.
Very well said my friend.Ive never understood people who just accept things exactly the way they are.I mean if people don't stand out and say "Hey I dont think thats correct" then nothing can ever change.We would never progress.Use your brain,learn for yourself and believe what you want then.Never EVER just believe something to be the ultimate truth.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Rap battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nawwwwwwwwwwww, I just rap for fun, that last one was actually for you tho....hahahaha

Ok well, im enjoying a whole bunch of prejudice in school!
Its actually bothering me tho...

Im mixed with alot of stuff, but I have an apperance of being Filipino, chinease, arbian, and egyption...

So on the bus this guy keeps asking me on the bus Hey man do you got a bomb, do you got a bomb?

I don't really care about that, but it bothers me sometimes... one of my friends use to call me therriost at my other school too hahaahhaha.

But the chinease parts really annoys me( I really am chinease and filipino and possibly egyption)

They think I can help them with thier math homework, and im just pretty scred up in math.. I have like a c or d LOL

but prejudice sucks, and also sterotypes hahahahaha. Alls good tho, just need to get that off my leg.

theCook

Smash Cadet
My girlfriend of about 18 months left me a few months ago, and she recently came back into my life asking me to take her back.

I fell for it, and now about two weeks in she wants to take it slow and she isn't sure if she actually wants to be with me.

I love her, but I feel like if anything I need to let her go.

Its just confusing and a little hurtful.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm attempting a particular part of a game that's been deemed fairly easy by the general internet populace, but I've been at it for a day and a half.

So... if you lack faith in humanity, sorry guys, it's my fault. If it exists, I will find a way to mess it up without even intending to do it.

Pikaville

I've been thinking about this for a while.

Do you think its possible to have every toilet in the world fitted with a tiny device that generates a small amount of electrical power every time you flush it?

If so you could probably create a decent amount of power.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
It's bothering me that I thought I had a decent grade in one of my classes, to the point where I didn't have to take the final.

But, I found I do indeed have to take the final test, and I have to get an 84% to get a B. This isn't necessarily the end of the world, but it makes me doubt the safety of my grade, ya know?

sammy p

Smash Lord
this MAY sound really corny and stupid and all, but i just found out one of my best friends to brawl with(he doesnt live in my state never has, and ive never met him face to face) just lost ALL of his internet connection. ive been talking to him since ferbruary, and weve been brawl rivals ever since. now ive thought of him is a great person, funny to talk to, has a good head on his shoulders, and totally reminds me of myself.

so he lost all connection(computer and wi fi) and his phone got stolen earlier. i consider him one of my best friends, even though i do not know him personally(this shows you how great my group of friends are :laugh: jk).... so ive actually been pretty miserable the past 24 hours :(

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I have two essays due about a month ago and for some reason my professor is letting me turn them in all the way up until the final on Tuesday. For some reason I still haven't done them. That's what's bothering me about myself.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Erm

you should probably get on that if your professor is kidn enough to even give yout hat sort of extension.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'm not going to write a long story about this, because honesly I have no idea what happened.

All I know, Is that my closest friend that's a dude, Is in teh hospitle,.

the other day at school, he went to the guidance office around 11:30. And just left home. And He didn't text me or call me or anything to tell me what's going on like he normally does,

And he didn't text me in the morning before school like he normally does.
He wasnt at teh bus stop.
Hw wasnt at school the next day.

Then, His mom texted me, saying that he's in the hospitle.
I'm like freaking out :'[

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I've never been good enough for people. I'm always wrong in some sense of the word. This is what used to make me want to commit suicide before I was a Christian. Honestly, some days it makes me wish I didn't. I know I don't really mean that, but it really feels like I'll never break out of this.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
text his mom back see what's going, ask her to keep you posted.

Proverbs, AIm.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I have two essays due about a month ago and for some reason my professor is letting me turn them in all the way up until the final on Tuesday. For some reason I still haven't done them. That's what's bothering me about myself.
Definately do them.
That's really nice of your professor, though. You should at least make an effort.

Alright I'm not going to write a long story about this, because honesly I have no idea what happened.

All I know, Is that my closest friend that's a dude, Is in teh hospitle,.

the other day at school, he went to the guidance office around 11:30. And just left home. And He didn't text me or call me or anything to tell me what's going on like he normally does,

And he didn't text me in the morning before school like he normally does.
He wasnt at teh bus stop.
Hw wasnt at school the next day.

Then, His mom texted me, saying that he's in the hospitle.
I'm like freaking out :'[
Keep your hopes up. From the way the mom replied (from your post anyways) it doesn't seem like it's anything super life threatening. Try to make visits if possible.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
my sister did the same thign to my girlfriend once.

i went to the hospital for a sprained ankle and my gf like freaked out during her softball game.

again, just text the mom back and tell her to keepyou posted and thanks for notifying you.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, everything ok now.
I was just freaked out becuase this dude is like my brother.

But thanks everyone :D

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've never been good enough for people. I'm always wrong in some sense of the word. This is what used to make me want to commit suicide before I was a Christian. Honestly, some days it makes me wish I didn't. I know I don't really mean that, but it really feels like I'll never break out of this.
Talk to your friends and family I bet if you just hang out with the people who care about you that feeling will just go away

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, shes a freshman in HS but decided to act like a 5 year old and do that thing where little kids ask why a lot then repeat stuff literally a thousand times until you finally yell at em (and a bunch of other annoying stuff). Well, yelling doesnt work on my little sister and now i have to restrain myself from kicking her down a stairway the next time i see her =__=

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Tried that. I kinda just sat on her and made her leave me alone.
Ahhh back to peace and quiet (minus the christmas music im playing.)

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I haven't really been happy for a long time.....
I haven't necessarily been angry or sad or anything, just frustrated and confused.

Somethings not right, but I don't exactly know what it is.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So my bro just called, and it's 3:30 AM.

I'm not sure what to think, because I can't tell the difference between someone drunk and someone sober. He wants me to visit him in his new place, which is fine by me except... he sounded like I was avoiding him or whatever, which isn't the intent. Yes, he's called a few times and I haven't returned those calls, but... I'm constantly swamped in schoolwork. So... I'm a little scared about seeing or talking to him now to be honest.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I want out of my house. Now. Despite the fact that I'm 23 and I seem to have no limitations or rules to abide by, anything like that, I still have the burden of living with parents. Despite the fact that I buy something for my personal use, it's not fair that I keep it to myself. Even though I'm in my room, still f**king sleeping, people get to come and go, in and out of my room, and take whatever the hell they please. Whenever I have a little extra spending money, and I want to do something special for myself, I have to keep it a secret because I'M being selfish when I only buy things for myself. And the things I do (unwillingly) share end up getting broken.

....Speaking of selfishness:

I remember a while ago, back when I was working my first job. This was also back when I was paying off student loans. Between lending my parents money, getting nourishment for myself, and loans, I hardly had any money for myself. I didn't have a problem with this because back then, I didn't have any type of money management skills anyway. One day on the bus ride home, my sister called asking me for $10 i said I didn't have it, which I actually didn't. Sometimes, I'll say I don't have it when I do. Anyways, later that night, my dad came to me and asked why I wouldn't give my mom the money, as if I didn't explain this already. I told him I didn't have it. There was some conversation that I don't really recall, but he ended up asking me what I'm spending my money on. So, I told him. Food, loans, and family. I didn't say it like that, but when I said it, he exploded. Like, he was mad at me because I TRUTHFULLY answered his question. He was mad because I told him that I'm giving them money whenever they ask for it. Then, he started saying something about paying rent, blah blah blah, crap like that, I don't care.

If I could find someone to move out with, a way to get more money in a paycheck, or a place I could rent for, like, $400 (wishful thinking, I know), or any combination of the three, I'd be out of this place in less than a day.I can't stand living here, but I have no other choice.......

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Find a slumlord. They'll take you in for rent as low as four hundred dollars...

Of course they'll screw you over with the fine print later anyway.

I don't think it's entirely unreasonable for your Dad to haul off and get downright mean with you, especially if he viewed your observation as particularly snarky. The very least you can do for him while living RENT-FREE under HIS roof is kick in for small things left and right and put up with small annoyances like trespassing. I know I did that for my folks when I was living under their roof without fiscal obligation a year ago. They would try and hand me money to go get groceries and I kept refusing it, citing that they're giving me enough already and that the very least I can do is pick up some stuff for them with MY money. Of course I bought stuff for myself during this stint, but I had already shown them that I was capable of living on my own (for about a year, living off of thirty dollars a week) and handling my finances responsibly. I tithed money weekly towards down payment for my apartment and got stuff that I needed (driver's license, the car that I'm driving, my credit cards, etc) before those wants. Small little things, like coming and going in my room? My parents could come in whenever they **** well pleased because it was THEIR house, their rules. Not like I had anything to hide from them anyway.

Also think about it like this, bro: Out here in the real world, where you gotta pay rent and pay bills, you don't get that sort o' tolerance. I could play on all the heartstrings I want for my leasing agent, but the bottom line is that I get my rent to them on time or it's bye-bye me. I could make all of the observations in the world that decry elevating electric prices, but the electric company wouldn't give a **** and would shut off my power in a heartbeat if I didn't pay on time. It's cold, it's unremitting, it's life. Consider yourself fortunate that you have that protective aegis because---guess what?---not everybody has it that good.

Smooth Criminal

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Don't give up on school. Trust me. I didn't really put in effort for the first two years of high school and had to work a ton harder to get to the college I'm at now--and it's only by the grace of God that I made it here. But if I had put in effort the first two years I probably would have gotten into my first choice school. It's really worth it in the end. Don't just throw all the hard work you've already done away. Keep working at it.

Edit: I first wrote that as "Don't. Give up on school" and then I realized...<.<;;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom