• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoldierRift

Smash Journeyman
Death. Just can't be left alone without knowing what happens after that.

Do I exist? Do I live in heaven? Im scared....

"Can you guide me home?"
"Light as a bat, I cry like a cat, Im losing hope"
"In the darkness I can see things clear."
"let me apologize for everything my dear."

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Well... So what's bothering me is the fact that there's no medical explanation as to what the hell is going on with me. And that bothers me because I don't know and it sucks and I'm worried I wont be able to have kids. And I would like kids. Well, kid. At least. :(

And the fact that I'm still low on blood. And I still feel like crap. And I now have to take Iron and B12.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
My immediate family are pretty much outcasts of our father's side of the family, the only time we see them is for holidays and tragedies, and that seems all fabricated. It's like they have their own lil inner circle. I don't hate them i love them but it angers and annoys me. It's been bothering me for the past week. Just letting that out there.

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
I never had a multimedia portible device...until I purchased a Nintendo DSi. The DSi was so incredible to me:
-Pictures (even if it's a 0.3megapixel camera)
-Downloadable games
-Listen to music

One day, my cousins came to play Brawl and Halo with me. My cousin's little sister said that her DS Lite ran out of battery life and she wanted to borrow my DSi. I did share my DSi with most people. As a result, I had TONS of scratches on the touch screen. Since the DSi was so valuble to me, I said "No".

As you may know, little kids have a reputation of telling on another person. She told on my teenage sister. My sister said I was selfish and demanded that I let my cousin's little sister borrow my DSi. My sister had a bad habit of getting away with everything, or how she likes to call "winning". I said no again and she insulted me more. That's when a fight broke through. My cousins seperated me and my sister. One of my cousins decided to give in his own DSi for her little sister. I felt guilty for him.

One week later, my sister told on my uncle. My uncle, agressively, told me to share my DSi with others. After the conversation ended, I saw that my sister had an evil grin on her face and harassed me. My uncle then told on my parents, which got more agressive then him.

Three months later, my sister toke my DSi when I was asleep in the sofa last night. I desperately told her to give it back to me. She said I must wait to give it back to me, but I didn't trust her. My uncle reminded me that I had to share my DSi with others. I didn't care anymore because it was MY DSi. I snatch the DSi from my sister, which who slap me across the head. I was irated and punch my sister. My uncle broke up the fight, toke away my DSi and told my parents what happen. I then stay in my bed all day, all gloomy and miserably.

I like my uncle, my cousins, and my parents but I really hate my sorry excuse of a sister.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Our town was hit by a power surge last night, switching off my Xbox when I was 2 kills away from a nuke and giving me the ring of death (temporarily though, phew). Anyway whats bothering me is that my friends house was hit too and all his lights and electircal equipment went out, but his Xbox and tv stayed on. What? That doesn't make any sense, doesn't that break like 2 laws of thermodynamics?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well... So what's bothering me is the fact that there's no medical explanation as to what the hell is going on with me. And that bothers me because I don't know and it sucks and I'm worried I wont be able to have kids. And I would like kids. Well, kid. At least. :(

And the fact that I'm still low on blood. And I still feel like crap. And I now have to take Iron and B12.
I'd probably try to relax a little and just keep hoping for the best.
Hopefully you'll be fine.

What are some good ways to get rid of a headache without tylenol/advil?
If it's really bad I normally dim the lights, mute anything capable of noise, and try not to get too frustrated at things.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I'm 16. Parents (more so my mother, my father was fine with the idea) don't approve of me going out smashing, or atleast with the idea of them not knowing someone and me going to their appartment etc...

At first sight it does seem really sketchy and I haven't been in the Smash community long at all (if at all) but I think I can trust half of these people. I don't know how to get them to understand me. This problem just came up yesterday when I asked my father if he could take me to tarmaccker's appt. which is 10 minutes away. I really don't want to have to wait forever to actually get into the smash scene or at least practice with other players who are local and this is REALLY bothering me. Any ideas of how I can talk to them about this? (They are really hardheaded) or just advice in general?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
With some of the people in our group here certain people had to actually meet their parents. Not like have dinner or anything, but have them be like "hi I'm...". Also you could throw one at your house so that your parents could see they're good guys and then it shouldn't be a problem. Also your parents might never want you to have anotherr one at your house again so they'll be happy to send you off. :p

S l o X

Smash Champion
Great idea, so simple why didn't I think of it? Probably because I was too pissed :\

Just told my madre the idea and she's going to talk to my FATHER about it, hopefully successful. ♥

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If i was a parent, I'd be sketchy about the idea too XD;
Parents are like that
But Ladybug's ideas are great suggestions to win over parents :D

S l o X

Smash Champion
Ahh so it was successful, although my dad (6ft. 3?) is pretty intimidating and all around a fat guy, I hope he doesn't try to be funny or sarcastic (;

Hopefully the first house I go over is someone well known around, like Mogwai or POF (: [or atleast the CT thread]

edit: my last problem (one w| girl) ~~~ we are together now (: ♥ thanks for helps.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around "playing to win".

And I'm not sure what any of my grades are, so I have no idea how I'm doing. I'm just assuming I'm doing horrible, since me doing anything right is the biggest joke of the century.

I can't get along with people. Like... there's just some hidden "trait" that I have that instantly repels people or worse gets them mad at me. And evidently no one wants to tell me what this "trait" is. I'm willing to fix it.

I'm not sure whether to go to my friend's place over the winter break or have him come to my place for a week or so of gaming. We're a long ways from each other, and we come from waaaaaaaaaay different backgrounds. I know he's gotten along well (I guess) at my place before, but I'm not sure how I'll do at his for a week.

I need to figure out how to get more friends. Because I don't really have any friends here at college. Probably because of that stupid trait.

I'm probably gonna get laughed at because everything I'm bothered by is ridiculous or stupid to most people.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Heard Dazzle DVC 100 is horrible (more so READ it).

I want some recording device less than 70$ for Christmas, any recommendations?
(DVD Recorder)

khaipretty

Smash Rookie
The coming of Christmas. Because I don't have money. I have a lots of stuff in my Christmas list that I want to buy. Hopefully i can have them all. :):laugh::bee:;)

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I want a girlfriend but,every girl I meet pretty much hates metal/video games.This is a massive thing for me.If they don't like stuff that's important to me that I do then It cant work.

I want someone who will love playing smash etc with me and listen too/talk about metal music.(If they smoked green as well that would be the best thing ever)

Is there any genuine nice girls out there who like metal and video games?

If so where the hell are they?

S l o X

Smash Champion
I want a girlfriend but,every girl I meet pretty much hates metal/video games.This is a massive thing for me.If they don't like stuff that's important to me that I do then It cant work.

I want someone who will love playing smash etc with me and listen too/talk about metal music.(If they smoked green as well that would be the best thing ever)

Thats asking for a lot but I'm sure there are some cool girls out there. I myself have a girlfriend, completely opposite of me but I still love her to death.

I'm the biggest geek and she was a cheerleader, she does things I do cough "smoke green" but obviously we are still teens and experimenting, I never let it get too out of control. I can't suggest anything since I dont play videogames with my girlfriend (lol yet) but most people say opposites attract.

You don't need to be completely alike to have fun and enjoy one another, so expand your vision and lower your standards, you might find someone who you'll find to be perfect.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Thats asking for a lot but I'm sure there are some cool girls out there. I myself have a girlfriend, completely opposite of me but I still love her to death.

I'm the biggest geek and she was a cheerleader, she does things I do cough "smoke green" but obviously we are still teens and experimenting, I never let it get too out of control. I can't suggest anything since I dont play videogames with my girlfriend (lol yet) but most people say opposites attract.

You don't need to be completely alike to have fun and enjoy one another, so expand your vision and lower your standards, you might find someone who you'll find to be perfect.
While you do have a point, there is definitely something to be said for having common interests with one's lover. If you don't like any of the same things, then what will you talk about? If you don't like each other's music, what do you listen to? I don't think what he's looking for is that unreasonable, as long as Pikaville accepts that his standards do narrow the range of girls considerably.

Pikaville

I mean I've gone out with a few girls that have VERY different tastes/interests before.

It just never worked out because things got stale when there was nothing to share meaningful conversation about anymore.I want from a girl the same thing I get from my friends,just someone I can chill and be myself around without them getting annoyed with stuff I like to do.

My last girlfriend hated video games and didn't like the guitar.It nearly killed me being with her.

Ladybug

Smash Lord

Yes, there are. I happen to be one of them.

Where you find them? College.

I'm part of the ATEC degree at my college and all we do is sit around 3D modeling, animation, and talking video games. And there are quite a few girls that are a part of it, not just me. But college is where you find those girls.

Pikaville

Ladybug!

Be my......LADY!

Unfortunately there are no free souls in my course.

Ill be going to a bigger college next year so I may have to wait until then to find someone.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Haha sorry deary, I'm taken. :p

But a bigger college always has better options. Also make sure you keep a look out in the SU for gamebattles and things like that. Like every now and then I'll see posters for Rockband competitions and we're having a fighting one this weekend with Blazblue and King of Fighters and SF4... And then I'm hosting a Brawl tourney at the on campus appartments this weekend as well.

You just have to actually get involved or keep watch for little things like that... Cause you'd be surprised how many girls actually show up to stuff like that. One of our best campus guitar hero players is a girl.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Haha sorry deary, I'm taken. :p

But a bigger college always has better options. Also make sure you keep a look out in the SU for gamebattles and things like that. Like every now and then I'll see posters for Rockband competitions and we're having a fighting one this weekend with Blazblue and King of Fighters and SF4... And then I'm hosting a Brawl tourney at the on campus appartments this weekend as well.

You just have to actually get involved or keep watch for little things like that... Cause you'd be surprised how many girls actually show up to stuff like that. One of our best campus guitar hero players is a girl.
Thats awesome...:D

sammy p

Smash Lord
ok NOW i have a problem...
so my best female friend who i have known my whole life. just got cheated on(with one of HER best friends) by one of the biggest dumb***es(obviously her boyfriend) i have ever met(this was about a month ago)
for the past month, she is talking about how much she hated this guy and how he broke her heart and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!
(do you guys understand what im saying??)
after all of that, i JUSt found out, not 10 minutes ago, they are daiting again... ugh can someone help me talk some sense into her?? she has gotten sooo boneheaded over the past couple years, i have no clue how to talk to her about it

UberMario

Smash Master
Well, tell how you feel about this.
Or how you REALLY feel about her if you're that into her personal life considering you know she was cheated on. Other than that, let her figure it out the hard way, by herself.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Just make sure you talk it out with her and don't go behind your back.

Call her up and ask her why she made that choice, and see if you can change her mind. Like Uber said, tell her how you feel and tell her that you care about her and that you don't want to see her get hurt again, etc.

sammy p

Smash Lord
ubermario: well, i dont LOVE her. shes one of my best friends, but its always hard to just stand by and watch one of you best friends get stepped on AGAIN!
and another thing..... my best MALE friend loves her... and hes not taking it lightly since he knows what that scumbag did to her too... theres a LOT more to the story, but im sure you guys dont want to hear every tiny detail. so ima try to leave it at that

vrael: well, actually im doing that now.. maybe she can change MY mind... im always keeping my mind open, but i doubt she can

sammy p

Smash Lord
heheh we usually do dont we?? lol
ive been kinda picky about where i post lately so i havent been as active lately, but ive been on for the same amount of time each day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom