• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Guys I have a problem:

I got paired up with the 3 people I hate/most laziest people in class. Yesterday was the last day to work on it, and when I came to class with my stuff, one didnt bring the poster board to paste it all on, the other didnt bring his part of teh research, and the other didnt bring his part of the research either. The whole class I got stuck doing nothing since nothing could get done. My parents told me that he would help me do it alone, and I agreed. Think its a good idea? Because I dont have classes with those people and its due on friday. What do you guys think? Because I seriously doubt that these people will do anything by friday, and Im seriously afraid of my grade in that class (I mean seriously, I probably have a C in that class or something and without that work, which btw is worth a project grade, Ill end up with a D in that class) and I need to boost it up

Should I do it or not?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Yes. You should work on the project if your partners are lazy and don't do anything. That's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Mewter

Smash Master
First off, tell your teacher and see what should be done. No one likes lazy partners. :p

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
First off, tell your teacher and see what should be done. No one likes lazy partners. :p
I agree. Also when group evaluations come out give them all 0's. That sucks though man because your likely going to have to do everything yourself to earn a decent grade. Hopefully your teacher will be fair and do something about it if you tell him/her the situation.

starmatrix

Smash Cadet
I had mine pulled, and never had any relevant pain at all thanks to being unconscious for the procedure and to my diligent application of an ice pack to my face for the next few days to keep down the swelling and such. Best surgery ever.
Mine were pulled also.. surgery was no sweat, but the healing process was rough. A few weeks with swollen cheeks and lack of tasty foods.. though before I knew it the weeks flew by.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I am far behind in my community service hours, and by far behind I mean have 0 hours done. Because of that I have an F for community service, but I can bring that up in like two or three weeks to a B. I just have trouble finding ways to help my community, but then again I could ask some teacher at school for help.

I also have an F for Pre-Cal because I flunked the first exam ( that I plan to make up with the final exam that will rpelace my lowest score). Now I have my second exam tomorrow, and I have been studying for hours now to get a good grade.

Thanks to these two my GPA is the lowest it has ever been >_<, not to mention I feel like I am way behind when it comes to picking colleges to apply to.

It's my first semester in Jr year, and I am hating it.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
kirbywizard, my advice to you is take a walk to your local fire house and ask about any events they have coming up. A lot of them tend to run little events like community breakfasts and such and would greatly appreciate the help. That's what I did for honor society service hours and it was quick, easy, and close to home :)

gl with pre-calc, junior year will be your roughest in high school. Once you're past this part of the year things will get much easier.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I had mine pulled, and never had any relevant pain at all thanks to being unconscious for the procedure and to my diligent application of an ice pack to my face for the next few days to keep down the swelling and such. Best surgery ever.
I just had a bunch of shots to null the pain and I didn't get the anti biotic before the numbness went away.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree. Also when group evaluations come out give them all 0's. That sucks though man because your likely going to have to do everything yourself to earn a decent grade. Hopefully your teacher will be fair and do something about it if you tell him/her the situation.
Ah but I am doing something about it. I am secretly making the presentation myself. Tommorrow when I get to present, I will tell my teacher that I had to do it all alone due to my partners lazyness and unresponsableness (I swear one of them actually admitted to being a lazy *******). I will tell my teacher to atleast give ME a grade, because the others did not deserve it. And since I know the teacher likes me, I will get more sympathy and hopefully a better chance of being able to get him to let me get a grade alone. I already did all my research, and tonight its just pasting it on the posterboard I won. They want to play lazy? Then Ill strike back harder

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero

This is going to sound incredibly asshol-ish, but if it's not a big deal afterward was it a big deal to begin with?

Think about it.
Doesn't sound that way at all.
I mean, yes I loved her and am unhappy I'm not with her. I'd say my relationship with her was a big deal, yes. Though fretting over a lost love is a nice way to open a door to temporary self-destruction and that's just not necessary when you can easily walk outside and realize "Oh, hey. There is a cute girl."
Even if they hurt, you gotta roll with the punches.

:urg:I hate that saying.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** I have a god**** headache. I just finished my project at the last minute after: screams from my father because HE COULDNT PRINT ALL THE **** OUT FROM HIS WORK, faulty stapler, about an hour of just cutting, etc. But its all worth it when I see that it came out nice (the printed stuff I just wrote on a sheet of paper copied from a document I had laying around just in case and the titles.... I just wrote them in pencil and traced it with marker.) I say it would be pretty decent of an A worthy grade. So, so, so tired. I feel like sleeping right now.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
it bothers me that i can not get people honest opinion on how good i play at smash. all I here is your good man and nice job bro.

it bothers me that when people get to know me, they tell me all of their secrets about themselves. Has it ever occur to people that maybe i dont want to hear about them all the time? or that if someone founds out that secret, the blame it almost always being put on you?

......so troublesome

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, looks like problem solved. My teacher said that he would do something about it, and I gots meself an A ^^ and to sweeten my day my report card came in with straight B's but with 3 kick *** comments from my teachers ^^:D

sammy p

Smash Lord
what do i do about friends that are compulsive liers??
whatever i ask them, i find out that they lie straight to my face.. EVERY single one of them.... i find out about this just a few short hours after the fact that they pull this crap... :( yet they STILL think they can get away with it.. :( i need new friends...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
what do i do about friends that are compulsive liers??
whatever i ask them, i find out that they lie straight to my face.. EVERY single one of them.... i find out about this just a few short hours after the fact that they pull this crap... :( yet they STILL think they can get away with it.. :( i need new friends...
Like you said, you need to get new friends
Friends dont lie to other friends!!
Tell them that! They're way outta line lying to ya!
You need to find better friends for yourself!! Good luck!!

sammy p

Smash Lord
Like you said, you need to get new friends
Friends dont lie to other friends!!
Tell them that! They're way outta line lying to ya!
You need to find better friends for yourself!! Good luck!!
thank you :)
ima need it.... >_> ive been friends with these people for a LONG time.... i would think they should know by now that they dont need to lie to me.... :(

Overload

Smash Lord
What types of things are they lying to you about? It's not always so black and white.

sammy p

Smash Lord
What types of things are they lying to you about? It's not always so black and white.
one of my friends lies about just stupid S*** about the possessions he has.. he said he had 3 wiis at his dads house at one point, 2 PS3's and 2 Xbox's (im not lying XD) and i got to his dads house, there was ONE wii and ONE Xbox,no PS3 hahah. then, i lent him one of my DS games, he had it for about 6 months, and when i told him i wanted it bac at school one day, for about a month he said he forgot it at home, and forgot to bring itto school. eventually, i found out he lost my game :mad:

and another one quit a club she was in, and she blamed it on her parents...... i found that this was NOT the reason, but she quit because she was in a new relationship. i found that her parents were ecstatic that she had joined this club. i do not understand why she would quit what she enjoyed just for her new boyfriend, and then why she would lie to one of her best friends about it. :confused:

Overload

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't see why they'd lie about stupid stuff like that. Perhaps not the best friends one could have.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't see why they'd lie about stupid stuff like that. Perhaps not the best friends one could have.
chyea, no kidding..... >_>
im actually very well liked at my school, so i dont think it will be too hard to replace them. though it will be difficult considering ive been friends with them for so long.. but im FINALLY putting my foot down :mad: :)

Overload

Smash Lord
What do you guys interpret this as? Honestly it has me a little angry.

chat said:
Z- I'm guessing you don't have a date set for the party yet?

T- its on the 27th

Z- k

T- i thought you didnt want to go?

Z- I wasn't sure if I wanted to before, but now I do

T- xxxxxx's going to be there

Z- I know

T- you sure you just wouldnt want to hang out later when it was just me and you?

Z- does he not want me to be there or something? your question kind of strikes me as odd

T- i dunno i talked to him about it and he said he would be uncomfortable if you went

Z- interesting
why is that

T- because your the exboyfriend

Z- so was he, and I didn't mind him hanging out with you
you were friends, and we are friends
or does he not want us being friends

T- well xxxxxx doesn't want us to be friends, and i take that into account, but obviously i don't think xxxxxx's word is law.
it's my decision who my friends are, not his

Z- yeah
I'm glad to hear that
so are you going to let him decide whether or not I'll be at the party. If he doesn't want me there, how would us hanging out some other time make him feel
I'd imagine that'd be worse
unless your intention was to not hang out ever again by saying that

T- he doesn't control what i do zack. i personally feel that it's too soon. it would be awkward for me. i don't want to hurt your feelings by saying that, but i want you to know the truth about it. i still want to be friends, but let's just take it easy for a while

Z- I didn't think things got too serious over the two months we were together, and I already haven't seen you in over a month. Also, it's just a birthday party surrounded by mutual friends, seems like it wouldn't be awkward. But if you're uncomfortable with it, I'm not going to force the issue.

T- I still want to be friends, I just think it would be weird right now for the both of us to hang out around xxxxxx.

Z- I guess

T- i'm sorry xxxxxx just got here and i have to help her move boxes to her new house

Z- bye

Smash Master
I'd be upset too. I bet the new boyfriend would act like a douche to you at the party, though, which might force her to take a side, and I'm not sure she'd take yours.

Look on the bright side, Zack is a pretty kick-a$$ name.

Overload

Smash Lord
Perhaps he views me as a threat. Either that, or he just hates me for 'stealing his girl.' He's definitely a control freak.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Loves a girl.
Girl says she loves me.
Knows I can be w/ this girl but in the end it won't matter, the same thing will be repeated as last year. (ie break up, i'm "hurt" etc...)
CAN be her friend and thats all but after asking, she would much rather us be together.
Rather us not be together because one of us will get hurt.
Same girl who broke up with me last year because blah blah blah.
(after thinking about it she has almost nothing i look for in a girl but she is like...blopakgaasodpkaspdasopkzkpqew-2130[p and stuff. teenage love fail </3)
Rant end. I guess I could delete this but I will hit POST QUICK REPLY and hope nobody replies.

sammy p

Smash Lord
Perhaps he views me as a threat. Either that, or he just hates me for 'stealing his girl.' He's definitely a control freak.
i have this (kinda) same problem. girl likes me, but her previous boyfriend(who cheated on her) doesnt like me, so he intends on making my life miserable. hes freshman in college, im a sophmore in HS.
but honestly, it doesnt bother me TOO much right now, so i dont want to get into it :)

Loves a girl.
Girl says she loves me.
Knows I can be w/ this girl but in the end it won't matter, the same thing will be repeated as last year. (ie break up, i'm "hurt" etc...)
CAN be her friend and thats all but after asking, she would much rather us be together.
Rather us not be together because one of us will get hurt.
Same girl who broke up with me last year because blah blah blah.
(after thinking about it she has almost nothing i look for in a girl but she is like...blopakgaasodpkaspdasopkzkpqew-2130[p and stuff. teenage love fail </3)
Rant end. I guess I could delete this but I will hit POST QUICK REPLY and hope nobody replies.
i will reply!!!!
though i dont have any REAL advice. jsut that i hope everything work out man :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I don't get it, fi she's nothign that you look for in a girl why are you attracted to her?

Why would you rather you two not be together? how do you know one of you will get hurt.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I didn't want to reply because of the complexity. Most things that I said made no sense after reading but I guess I can cover for them...
I don't get it, fi she's nothign that you look for in a girl why are you attracted to her?
Personality wise I can find faults of her for days. If theres a problem you can find with this girl, she has it. I kind of made a list of what I might want in a girl...non-physical. One of them was for the girl to be mentally strong or at least be able to live alone but I realized that she's so broken.
Initially she doesn't have what I look for but this girl puts a smile on my face with her voice. I've only known her for three years, this past year which we haven't even seen each other at all...but when we talk, when she talks...it brings joy to my heart. I feel so happy and to a point like a child when he has just gotten his dream gift for Christmas. I can't really define the feelings in words, its very weird. I guess I could say everybody has there faults but I love being able to help her everyday.
(wrote something but will reinterpret to the rest of the post)
Why would you rather you two not be together? how do you know one of you will get hurt.
I feel like I'm more suited to be a friend. I feel as if I could live with her for centuries and live knowing that she'll be there but on the other hand I feel that her love in comparision to mine is very miniscul. I don't feel like she trusts me enough, as a friend...with a lot. Moreso I'm scared we won't last too long and in the end we won't even be friends. (which I would much rather us be than nothing) Because relationships end when someone distrusts or just doesn't love the other and in relationships, one always gets hurt.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Part of being in a relationship is building that trust. It's not expected to have that trust right when you go into a relationship, in most cases anyway. Secondly, being scared is totally normal, especially when we are talking about someone you are all ready a friend with. It's definitely one of those areas where you tread lightly though, but if you really have strong romantic feelings for her, then I say take a shot. But again, just my opinion.

Also, I'm glad to hear that despite the man faults she may have, she still makes you happy. Very key. It's important to be able to see past someones faults in a relationship, whether it be friendly or romantic. Of course there are always faults/flaws taht you don't want to ignore...but this doesn't seem to be too much of the case.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I've actually just realized that I have somewhat of a trust issue (less than she has, considering she tells me about almost everything...). In saying that and reading what you said, you're right. (: I guess its because I barely see her and we go to separate schools now. I can say I'm just adapting but I understand that its just a phase. Nevertheless I think I might give it a shot, making my decision should come easily now but I'd much rather give it time.

edit: for got to say thanks man. (:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Scumfever, how about helping yet another guy with romance questions.

How do I go about developing a relationship with a girl I only met online, but who actually lives in the same country AND within 1000km of my home?

We've spoken at length for about 2 months now, and I like her. However, despite having never actually either seen her face or met her in person, I think I may love her as well.

Please, I need friendly advice.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Meet somewhere for dinner. Its an open place where just on the off chance you get get away.

I had a relationship with a guy for a year and a half over the phone before I met him in person. :)

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Meet somewhere for dinner. Its an open place where just on the off chance you get get away.

I had a relationship with a guy for a year and a half over the phone before I met him in person. :)
It's kinda tough. She lives in another province, and I don't have the means or the money to go there at a whim... :(

Ladybug

Smash Lord
No I understand mine was in Cali while I was in Texas. But you have to meet at least once to make sure that you have the same chemistry in person you do over the phone.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No I understand mine was in Cali while I was in Texas. But you have to meet at least once to make sure that you have the same chemistry in person you do over the phone.
Actually, I *could* try to convince my parents to take a family trip to where she lives, and I can give my crush ways to spot me. Maybe have her pose as someone I met at school who's visiting too...?

Boy, I sure hope we do...

Scott!

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, deceiving your parents so you can go meet someone you've never met before but have a crush on strikes me as a bad idea. As for the relationship itself, how does she feel about you? Does she feel the same? And if you don't know what she looks like, ask for pictures. Ask to be her friend on Facebook so you can see a few pictures there. You should figure out some way to meet. But deceiving your family into taking a vacation under false pretenses doesn't seem like the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom