• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Modern Warfare 2 is killing my slowly.

Last week I was off college and didn't sleep for 3 days straight because I was partying/hanging out/playing it.

I love love love the game but I need to learn some discipline when it comes to it.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
I had a social life last semester at college.. but I realized that social life =tons of stupid females trying to hook up / date you / marry you, at least at my school. Now these women are just constantly calling me, and it makes me feel like crap, because I just want them to bother some other dude.

And one of my friends recently tried to kill himself by stepping in front of a truck on the highway. He failed and only received minor injuries, but now he's humiliated and depressed. And I don't know how I can possibly help him..
uhm, about your females situation. i don't know about your religious views or anything (and i'm not trying to push anything on you... i'm agnostic), but you could join a fellowship of some sort. idk, but just from what i've experienced, it gives you a chance to kinda talk spiritually and just be real with others. i guess in that way, you could build some meaningful relationships and perhaps give you a better outlook on your social life?

as for your friend... i'm sorry to hear it, man. speaking from personal experience, if you wanna help, be straight up about it. let him know he's got a lot of people who don't want him killing himself, organize an intervention of sorts or something. if anything, just let him know that you care. and get him out and hanging out and stuff, i think it'll help. then again, i'm no expert on how to help people with suicide, i botched my first experience with it (thankfully, he's still alive and doing better now). good luck man, keep your head up

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I had a social life last semester at college.. but I realized that social life =tons of stupid females trying to hook up / date you / marry you, at least at my school. Now these women are just constantly calling me
I fail to see how this is a bad thing.

kupo

Smash Lord
The experience of losing a Job within' 7 days. My work ethics have always been "work your hardest til the day you want to move on or not needed".

It wasn't my fault that I lost my job but rather the stupidity of general manager.

Long story short, boss runs a transport company for 37 years and is one of the nicest guys to work for. He's in a partnership deal with a guy (the general manager) who has a long history of driving companies/business broke/into debt. He's also a marketer and is trying to get the shareholders to vote out the boss so he can take the company for himself. But for now, the GM is in a higher position while my boss is pushed to a lower position (yet does most of the work).

And so, I'm recruited, thrown into the deep end on the first day with no training from the GM himself but from co-workers instead. The program we use for data entry, the GM knows nothing of it, let alone touched it! Simply amazing!

Because the business is in so much debt and in such a bad time to be recruited, I had to be let go.

(There's a lot more to it, but I'd rather leave it as it is)

Of course I've moved on and looking for other jobs, it's just ... rediculous how some people can be so inconsiderate of others and move onto other things and do the same thing. ~_~

/end rant.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Since when did acting socially awkward become cool? My roommate waddles instead of walks and girls always go to him and say he's so cute and adorable. Another example: some girls and I were discussing christmas gifts and I jokingly mentioned a g-string. My roommate didn't know what a g-string was and the girls went "awwww" and gave him hugs and said he was so cute. /confused.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Since when did acting socially awkward become cool? My roommate waddles instead of walks and girls always go to him and say he's so cute and adorable. Another example: some girls and I were discussing christmas gifts and I jokingly mentioned a g-string. My roommate didn't know what a g-string was and the girls went "awwww" and gave him hugs and said he was so cute. /confused.
Sounds like ya'll are hanging out with a bunch o' dimwits, but that's just me.

Smooth Criminal

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
If you ask me, I say it's just people trying to get the socially awkward people comfortable in their environment. If they're out somewhere, like a party for example, and they look bored, someone's eventually gonna come over and show him how to have a good time. I've been in this situation a couple times. Not because I'm socially awkward, but because I'm a little shy.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm... let's see here, I have this, and that, this and that.... ok let's go with THIS right here

Ok, ladies and gents, here's what I have to share with y'all today.

Okay you see I've been in this relationship for nearly a year now ever since I started attending U of H, (University of Houston), and like I said I've met my girlfriend ever since I started attending last January, throughout the year it went by smoothly, we've had are ups and downs but we've managed to move by and keep going, alright, to make things short,I will get to the root of my problem.

Okay, ever since I moved in with her at a nearby townhome i've had money issues concerning us, I mean at first it wasn't like that, and by that I mean I always had at least 200 dollars extra to spend on whatever each week, but NOW it's a whole different story, NOW I barely have enough to even buy a simple video game without spending it on my girlfriend, the problem is that i'm spending way to much money on her and not keeping any of it for my own, sure I do keep some to myself but c'mon, it's barely anything than what it used to be.

Now, SWF'ers I would like some advice concerning my spending, sure, it's easy to say 'just don't spend any money on her' but it's not easy, especially since she's 'the love of my life' I couldn't dare to see her sorrow if I didn't comply with anything she wanted, please SWF come to my aid with advice. :)

*sigh*

*phew*

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Buying stuff for a girl you like is pretty darn nice of you, but maybe you could limit your spending a bit? Save more expensive items for special occasions, make dinner for her instead of taking her out, stuff like that.

Save a little for yourself, you deserve it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
like it's that black and white.

it's more of a matter of communication and knowing where money should be spent and where it shouldn't

it doesn't sound like she's asking for his extra 200 to go shopping every weekend.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
If you two are really that close/happy together, you can tell her straight up that you feel like you're spending too much money on her. Money and gifts don't mean nearly as much as love, happiness, and just being able to see each other.

Now for my own rant... >_>

I don't know what to do about my girlfriend. She's smart, funny, and beautiful. Yet she's so..... shallow. What I mean by that is... Well, first, she has incredibly low self-esteem. Thus, even when it's just the two of us, she feels like she has to try to impress whoever she happens to be hanging out with. She says what she thinks will make her look better instead of what's actually on her mind. We've been going out for almost a year and a half, so I almost always know what's on her mind, but she never says it. It's so difficult to have any kind of deep, meaningful conversation with her until she has one of her eventual meltdowns. These happen because she bottles everything up all the time... So... Bah.

I just don't know what to do. I love her because I know what she's thinking, and what she's actually thinking is what I love about her. I just don't know how to get her to say it. I need to make her comfortable and I need to help boost her self-esteem. I think. I just dunno how. :urg:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I just cooked 2 fish but i think i cooked them wrong but i was too hungry and ate them anyway. Then i was like "uh oh what if i get fish food poisoning", but i didnt know how to get rid of it so i poured some vodka in my pepsi cause alchohol kills bacteria. All it did was make me slightly tipsy. I think there was a flaw in my plan.

My problem solving skills are l33t.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I just cooked 2 fish but i think i cooked them wrong but i was too hungry and ate them anyway. Then i was like "uh oh what if i get fish food poisoning", but i didnt know how to get rid of it so i poured some vodka in my pepsi cause alchohol kills bacteria. All it did was make me slightly tipsy. I think there was a flaw in my plan.

Smooth Criminal
What is this I don't even...

:mad:

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

Smooth Criminal
I think getting drunk was probably the best soloution anyway.

How do you know you have herpes? Thank you.
Well it depends where you think you have it.If it's your face then you should have irritated "spots" around your mouth.If it's "below" I have no idea.

Doctor FTW.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
How do you know you have herpes? Thank you.
Herpes is usually pretty painful, and you'll have sores/ulcers. That's the classical picture at least. You didn't mention where the problem is so I, uh, won't say much more.

If you've been fooling around with no protection, go to a doctor regardless and get yourself a STI screen. You could have easily picked something up and have no symptoms for it yet.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Buying stuff for a girl you like is pretty darn nice of you, but maybe you could limit your spending a bit? Save more expensive items for special occasions, make dinner for her instead of taking her out, stuff like that.

Save a little for yourself, you deserve it.
Hmm.... never thought of it that way, well I guess I could give THAT a try, I'll be sure to make Valentine's Day a very special occasion then. :)

Indeed

learn to budget your expenses, cheap but fun dates, and compromise!

Yes, you have a point, overspending will not help my financial situation.

And if she starts to complain then is she really worth it if she's only happy with you when you're spending money on her?

Hmm.... you got me there, welll she doesn't ALWAYS complain unless it happens to be something she really wants such as a cute dress or some nice pair of shoes, other than that she'll let so things slide, I mean she does understand how I also have my bills and all so she won't really make it an issue over it.

um, sorry but, she's a gold digga.

Well my friend, lots' of people have said the same thing about her, it's not my fault that we love each other.

like it's that black and white.

it's more of a matter of communication and knowing where money should be spent and where it shouldn't

it doesn't sound like she's asking for his extra 200 to go shopping every weekend.
Let's get this straight, you see my spending will either or was going towards either her or my monthly bills, and as you can see, being the good guy that I am, I guess I was just giving her whatever I had left and leaving none for myself.

If you two are really that close/happy together, you can tell her straight up that you feel like you're spending too much money on her. Money and gifts don't mean nearly as much as love, happiness, and just being able to see each other.
You have that right, I guess I am fortunate enough to offer both love and gifts at the same time, though my spending habits will have to change for the better.

Ladybug

Smash Lord

Hmm.... you got me there, welll she doesn't ALWAYS complain unless it happens to be something she really wants such as a cute dress or some nice pair of shoes, other than that she'll let so things slide, I mean she does understand how I also have my bills and all so she won't really make it an issue over it.
Well those are things that she should be buying. I don't expect my boyfriend to buy me clothes or things like that. Does she have a job? And if not why not? She's got bills too if she's living out on her own (with you is still on her own, no parents). She needs to buy herself stuff she wants, not expect you to do that. That's being selfish.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
She sounds a bit materialistic if you ask me. A relationship is a 2 way thing, does she buy you things or suprise you?

On a different note, has the whole world forgotten how to spell 'than'?

Edit:

And also, how the hell was Hogwarts voted 36th best educational establishment in Scotland?? My old school was renowned for being the worst for atleast 200 miles but comon, we were beaten by Hogwarts? The health and safety record at that place must be appalling. And i'm pretty sure like half the school was killed in 1997.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm not editing that post i wrote that yesterday.

My internet randomly broke. Also i'm infatuated with a girl who is trouble. And why is there no thread where you can just write about life?

That's whats bothering me.

RDK

Smash Hero
My internet randomly broke. Also i'm infatuated with a girl who is trouble. And why is there no thread where you can just write about life?
Probably because no one cares.

Or would care. People would be too busy writing about their own lives to read what other people wrote. It would end up like Facebook.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Probably because no one cares.

Or would care. People would be too busy writing about their own lives to read what other people wrote. It would end up like Facebook.
I mean like the opposite of whats bothering you, not like a whole life thing.

Pikaville

I think I'm becoming addicted to a drink called Horlicks.

It's really good.Especially the new chocolate flavour one.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I thought it was thursday so i went to this music club that i go to on thursday night. Its friday. What the hell?

I went to a party instead.

Pikaville

I would imagine It depends on how far it has to go.Ireland and Scotland are small enough that letters cost a fixed price to send.

America is HUGE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom