• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So I went to school and Science Fair. I stood by my presentation / project for basically 6 hours.

I didn't even get judged / graded, and have to do it in-class next week.

FML.

-Terywj
Poor, poor boy!!

Also am i the only one who hates ad breaks? I dont want Lost to be inturrupted by 3 ad breaks. Yeah its only about 3 minutes long but its soo boooring. I resent the Heroes fans, they get to watch their favourite show unitterupted. That's right, NO breaks! Stoopid BBC.

It must suck to watch shows in America, apparently you lot have 2 breaks during shows like the simpsons. Two! That must suck.

Lucky you don't watch TV in America, otherwise you would go crazy because in some instances there's up to 3 commercial breaks, and I'm not talking about an hour long show, i'm talking about a 30 minutes show, in an hiour show there about say 4, hopefully that won'y be the case this Sunday when I watch Super Bowl Sunday.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Have you ever watched a Super Bowl before? Because if you haven't then you wouldn't understand the insanity of your statement. Most people who watch the Super Bowl watch it FOR the commercials.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
The above statement is true. The Super Bowl isn't just to showcase the two best teams in the league, it showcases some of the greatest ads on TV. It's like the Super Bowl of ads.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hmm..... let me rephrase that:

I HATE commercials so yea... I WAS referring to those commercials regardless whether they are short or not

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I made one of the biggest mistakes of my life, half of the school now wants to kill me, and now I might die tomorrow.

Thats all the information Im willing to give. I just needed to say that

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Look I hurt a girl dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now there are like lots of people hunting me down dammit!!!!!!!!!!! I mean I really didn't mean it but I hurt her so bad I gave her bruises... on her legs I mean. I was just playing but **** now the rest of her friends want to murder me.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
We all carry these things inside that no one else can see,
it holds us down like anchors
it drowns out at sea

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've hurt a girl before. shouldn't be that big of a deal.

but how'd you give her bruises when you didn't mean it?
I was in lunch and I started kicking her just to play with her (note I did control how hard I kicked her). You know we were just playing, just trying to pester her, but the next day she came in and said that she got bruises from the kicks I gave her. I was like wtf? Then a bunch of her friends came and started shaking me. She actually had to hold back one of her friends from pouncing at me... yeah, I think they think I am like a woman abuser or something...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Or maybe you should try to man up and take the punishment. But that would probaly make them wanna do that again. Or don't listen to me, I don't wanna get you killed.

But don't worry we all do dumb things like that again.

But, if you feel bad about it, just apologize and accept the fight or whatever.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmmm yes. Fight a 3rd degree black belt who is capable to a roundhouse kick to the back of my head. Meanwhile roach, thats me, only has the power of intelligence. Oh yeah, I think I would win /10sarcasms

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Use your intelligence to duck. You could also use your magic. If you have no magic, you could use your awesome iq to throw a chair at him. ;D

jk, just try to apologize and get out of it because then you'd really have to throw the chair.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I'm back at the moment, I know this isn't important...

I just want my question to be answered the best way okay?

So here my question... What would you do when someone gets paranoid about the way you play brawl, but then they never say anything before when you added them on brawl.

For example...

Say that I'm your friend, and you decided. "Sure let's brawl, etc.." Then of course you agree, but then a couple of months or days later.

I decided since I'm suppose to be a brawl friend. Wanted to battle you, but of course you don't mind it for a while. I never complain to you in the battle, but then get paranoid cause I often lose and you win. ( Figure of speech.)

SO I get upset and disconnected the battle, whatever. Then start writing on my status on brawl going. " I HATE SPAM ROLL" Even though As I am your brawl friend. I do the same thing often myself.

Then either I don't know if you would of course try not to stay mad because the way I acted all of a sudden is like. "Wow... Bad mood much?" Or you just figured out. "Maybe my friend is a pain, and never liked me no way, just wanted attention. "
===========

But that's an example... But wait this gets worse in the situation okay? Knowing you went to go brawl with another friend on wifi. The friend that would get upset with you. Would post on your comment something nasty, and not really friendly enough to say anything before. Decides to cuss you out just a bit.

So I mean what would you guys do? How would you react to this? Would you ignore the so called online brawl friend that goes to SWF? Or not? ( IF NOT. How would you handle the situation? )

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I wonder why things like this happen which are related to smash. I think some friends don't talk to me for reasons I do not know.

EDIT: Well, I am not sure what I would do Actually I do know haha I would keep playing and ignore friends who can't UNDERSTAND or COMPREHEND that you are a better player than him. That person will never get out of that skill boundary for a while. But if you feel like it you could teach him something (even if he still complains like a *****, he'll learn something and you'll feel good for stompin on him lol) (if this isn't the best answer, I'm sorry, but I'll try to give you somewhat of what I can do)

But, this situation doesn't really require for you to react at all. You probaly do have to ignore him. If he can't accept that you are using a technique which he/she could also use very simply, can you really call him/her a friend?

This is a situation where you have to move up from some friends that are dumb or just don't understand why you do this. (some have their values of not liking people who play advanced or play to win etc

What you have to ask your self is, "Should I edit MY game so that some of my brawl friends that suck can like me, or should I keep playing until I find the friend that could accept me as a rival and try to beat me with all he/she can and not complain about it instead."

Just play on. Ignore him. Move on to a better friend.

You will never have fun with this friend that complains about each thing you do. If you would still like to keep this friend, just tell him you are busy or something and be a friend, but don't play with him often. Or when playing with him, just sand bag man. Then he'd probaly say "haha I'm awesome you suck" but who cares you know you win in reality because you only let him win.

there are two kinds of people. The people that you want to be with, and the ones you don't. Which is he?

Just remember what you did, was also the thing that won the match in a way. Keep that in mind. You just crossed a mental barrier. See, if you do that he will only get angrier and just try to hit you and you hit him again. Just laugh. You are hurting him emotionally and now he is taking it out on you by telling you you played like a noob.

WELL TELL HIM A NOOB BEAT HIM D:< (sorry I'm not calling you a noob but I'm only telling you to tell him that to remember WHO won) Ask him what he thinks of that.

Btw I read the comments on your profile, sorry. But I LOL could understand that you are better than him technically as well. So don't worry, you didn't only win just for "spamming a dodge roll". You did greatly.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm back at the moment, I know this isn't important...

I just want my question to be answered the best way okay?

So here my question... What would you do when someone gets paranoid about the way you play brawl, but then they never say anything before when you added them on brawl.

For example...

Say that I'm your friend, and you decided. "Sure let's brawl, etc.." Then of course you agree, but then a couple of months or days later.

I decided since I'm suppose to be a brawl friend. Wanted to battle you, but of course you don't mind it for a while. I never complain to you in the battle, but then get paranoid cause I often lose and you win. ( Figure of speech.)

SO I get upset and disconnected the battle, whatever. Then start writing on my status on brawl going. " I HATE SPAM ROLL" Even though As I am your brawl friend. I do the same thing often myself.

Then either I don't know if you would of course try not to stay mad because the way I acted all of a sudden is like. "Wow... Bad mood much?" Or you just figured out. "Maybe my friend is a pain, and never liked me no way, just wanted attention. "
===========

But that's an example... But wait this gets worse in the situation okay? Knowing you went to go brawl with another friend on wifi. The friend that would get upset with you. Would post on your comment something nasty, and not really friendly enough to say anything before. Decides to cuss you out just a bit.

So I mean what would you guys do? How would you react to this? Would you ignore the so called online brawl friend that goes to SWF? Or not? ( IF NOT. How would you handle the situation? )
I'd wonder what the heck am I doing actually WINNING? /badjokeonmyself

Really though, I'd just ask what was going on with you. Not be mean or ugly about it. I don't mean to detract from your problem but I've got something similar:

First, I KNOW I suck at Brawl. There's sooo many reasons and easy fixes I can do to make myself better, but the biggest problem to fix for me is getting nervous.

If I get nervous, expect a short match. I'll SD (almost) all my stocks and that'll be it. I'd like for that to just... well, not happen. I personally don't know what Sirlin/PTW experts say about this sort of thing, but I know a friend of mine gets extremely upset at me because of this. I imagine, though, that you as the general Brawl players with the PTW mindset, could care less. You're winning, so why should me being stupid upset you? And that... is the thing I don't get about my friend's reaction to this. Why should he care?

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
@Sumo: I really want to keep your words in my journal. XD That just made me feel good inside. (Completely. ) I never really put much thought into that, but because I'm often tender hearted and want to keep as many... --- I guess you can say online friends. Even the he/she person wants to get a little upset despite knowing how well or how bad you can fight or just want to fight for fun for practice. I'm sure you have plenty of days when you just want to fight because you want to. Not because of compete with each other?

Though I like your advice that you had just given to me. That was well put, and said. Which will give me time to also think more upon the situation since it's still going on just a bit on my main page. Here on swf.

@Nintendo: Lol, Your jokes XD

But that's a good way also to look at your point of view about (Online brawl friends.) I must admit that sometimes don't you just wish other brawlers don't act that way? I mean I remember when I use to get work up knowing it just wasn't going to fix the situation, but you and Sumo have a good point at the same time. To ignore that person and move on with your life, but at the same time you don't want to be rude to someone either. I just like everyone's opinion on this.
==========

Glad at least you guys understood the question. XD (For once in my life. :3 )
Until then your right. I don't enjoy being cocky either about who should win or not. I mean I do enjoy a little bit of rivals. That can take it not so serious in your face, but I don't want to sound like a cry baby either on here.

Again I'll take your words on what you said to me on here.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
That last 2 posts were incredibly confusing.

Anyway, maybe you should just play with items on. I thrash all my friends so i just play with cpu's on and sometimes items.

On a different note, i have to go back to the doctors on monday to make sure i dont have diabettes, they're double checking. I'm pretty sure i dont have it but i've been cutting down on sugar this week.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Go ahead! I don't mind. Yeah, I think we all want to play for fun, but we all want to be the greatest as well. I do, I won't lie. xD But you don't have to ignore that friend for life, you could sand bag him/her, but that would hurt yourself and your pride. I guess I am more objective, but I wouldn't want to delete friends or anything. But I could tell that if you can time your hits better than him (re-read his/her comments) than it means you are doing better than he/she is.

And that doesn't only happen with Brawl. It can happen with Melee as well. But for everything you do, there will be a reaction. (Meaning some people will disrespect you and others respect you, but for starters I give you my respect : D )And sometimes you must make the choice which will make you feel better, and hopefully not the other feeling that bad.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Oh well... I apologize for the confusion in advance Pluvia, but I don't fight with items.

That would just make the situation more worse on my part. If I want to play with good brawlers.

At least that's what I know so far.

@ Sumo: Appreciate your support on that. I really really do. :3 Thank you so much Sumo!

Edit: I re-read your last part on the post you made. I couldn't help but lol'ed at what you said. You really made me fee good inside. XDD I wish their was more funnies like that from you. xD That really brought joy. Thanks again! ( Despite if I do noob fight as other characters or not. XP )

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure no problem! If I had a Wii I'd play with you. I'm pretty good but I myself would probaly be annoying. I main Diddy Kong, and you would have to expect some bananas in your face haha. (two of them)

Brawl is fun but I like melee better, but I'll still play all smash. :] (you might have to re-read both of my previous posts because I have editted them more than once lol)

Edit: Haha no problem. Oh, and don't worry, roll spam all you like. Pissing the opponent off is one of the things you should do to mess with their heads. (Those are one of the things that people do, if you really want to win)

If you try not using roll spam, you would probaly still win, and the opponent would try to find more excuses as to WHY YOU DID WIN AND WHY HE SHOULD HAVE INSTEAD.

You have to remember. If you lose, you did something wrong that the opponent could out do you in some way. (range, timing, impact, etc) If you win, your opponent did do things that could let you have the advantage (timed wrong, spaced wrong, used the move to much so that the result wasn't what he/she wanted, etc) or he just didn't do enough to stop you from doing things that give you the advantage. The only purpose for this match is that you give damage to your opponent, and then when enough damage is put, knock him out.

;]

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
Lol I wouldn't mind brawling at all with you. I'm practicing as well to still keep fighting, and trying to do the best ( As you can tell English isn't my first language. >-< I have so many cultures jumbled up in my mouth. Lol. Just say I'm not super good with speeches sometimes. ).

:3 I know someone who likes melee better then brawl. XD I think Mofat was the name, but I admire his videos on youtube a lot.

By the way, I miss young link. XP

However, about diddy kong. I don't mind. XD I had more baanas in my face before by a brawl player that goes by the name. KB. ( King beef. ) Don't believe he goes on here, but he was from Gaia online in the Super smash brothers brawl forum. He's pretty good too! ^-^

I would like to see how your Diddy kong is. I'll add you on here as a friend first Sumo. If you want my brawl code should be on my profile. owo;

Edit: XD Oh no -Goes back to re-read. - XDDDDD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That last 2 posts were incredibly confusing.

Anyway, maybe you should just play with items on. I thrash all my friends so i just play with cpu's on and sometimes items.

On a different note, i have to go back to the doctors on monday to make sure i dont have diabettes, they're double checking. I'm pretty sure i dont have it but i've been cutting down on sugar this week.
I hope you dont get the diabetes. But if you do remember, its not the end of life if you do have it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I wouldn't mind brawling at all with you. I'm practicing as well to still keep fighting, and trying to do the best ( As you can tell English isn't my first language. >-< I have so many cultures jumbled up in my mouth. Lol. Just say I'm not super good with speeches sometimes. ).

:3 I know someone who likes melee better then brawl. XD I think Mofat was the name, but I admire his videos on youtube a lot.

By the way, I miss young link. XP

However, about diddy kong. I don't mind. XD I had more baanas in my face before by a brawl player that goes by the name. KB. ( King beef. ) Don't believe he goes on here, but he was from Gaia online in the Super smash brothers brawl forum. He's pretty good too! ^-^

I would like to see how your Diddy kong is. I'll add you on here as a friend first Sumo. If you want my brawl code should be on my profile. owo;

Edit: XD Oh no -Goes back to re-read. - XDDDDD
Yeah I'm sorry. I just went to your profile again and everytime I read that person's comments its so funny. All you need to know is that your better than he/she is and he/she thinks he/she is better than you.

Alright cool. : D I'll get a Nintendo Wii sometime. : D (whenever I get monees lol)

Its all good I understand you clearly, but sorry for my editing xD

oh yeah young link is greattt. I main Doc in melee. :]

Drama. It sucks.

Also, can't feel the right side of my face. I got 2 cavities filled :D

Ouch. That reminds me I have an appointment for the dentist. : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol I had that done to me when i had my wisdom teeth taken out. I don't know how they did it! I'm not gonna ask. xD (I can't even floss my teeth way back there xDDDD) Thanks I'll need it! I might get one of those scritchy scratchy kind of things. Ugh, its gonna be annoying. Scraping my teeth and stuff. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom