• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

pandacheck

Smash Ace
Mango even play anymore? I don't see any Tourney Vids from Socal on youtube no more

at least any recent videos since Apex

baka4moé

Smash Champion
you know a really quick way to do this i guess lol is to have whoever is a panelist make their own list to the best of their ability, then just average them. just a suggestion since its been over 6 months now...

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
ya peligro that *****

oscar is just a tyrant. i don't think i've ever seen a post from him that used logic. it's like he's permanently regressed to a child

baka4moé

Smash Champion
eh it may be accurate but it would have to take quite a long a while i think, maybe in a couple of years.. plus there are a lot of tournament files that just are gone and cant be recovered. in the meantime i think the current system is fine. although i guess this time it maybe shud just be s2j and fly since they are the most active top players now

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
seriously though

westballz got like 4th at wa

but you know what? shephard lima is just as good as him

shephard lima is one of the best players in the world. real talk. friggin absurd he's not ranked.

he's better than silent wolf

and connor

way better than tafokints wtf

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Man no one is even sticking up for me. This sucks. Oh well, a mm will settle this :)

I know that I don have the best fundamentals, but I mak it up in experience and reads

:phone:

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
im prettyyyyyyyyyyy sure shephard is better than connor lol

but I havent really played connor in like a few years so idk how much weight my opinion holds.

does connor even still play?

dont sleep on shephard guys

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I
really really really really really really
don't like admitting it but shep is actually hella good. Based on experience since he lives 2 minutes walking distance and we play a lot, I'd say I'm 98.674898% sure he is better than tafo and 50/50 on whether he's better than connor.

He was already really smart back when he played Brawl (evidenced by him being one of the very few to beat m2k back when he was untouchable at that game), and over time he's gotten the tech skill and familiarity to cross that over to melee. I'd compare it to how already being good at 64 helped johnny improve faster at melee. Only problem is shep doesn't ever have rides to anything ever, so he's stuck playing a handful of people but he still gets a decent amount of practice. Anyway, if shep isn't better than connor already, he probably will be by the end of this quarter. That f***** really understands how the game works.

D

Deleted member

people stilll think 64s the reason i got good 'quick' at melee

LMAO

what happened to good ole dedication and hard work?

???????????????????????????????????????????

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
shephards fox v marth and fox ditto was very good around the time i was playing him.

im assuming he is still very good in fox dittos (and possibly fox vs marth) Becuase he has access to playing knives

also he plays against stab sometimes so im pretty sure hes really good against falco

just play him. if you're not a high level player then you probably won't beat him. his style isnt a gimmick either, he is just rock solid. I dont usually hype people up like this, (i think ive only hyped up like 2 players ever, not including isai) but I really believe fiction is top 10 material or higher.

oh yeah and he uses fox... so... yeah

fox players usually improve quick

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
people stilll think 64s the reason i got good 'quick' at melee

LMAO

what happened to good ole dedication and hard work?

???????????????????????????????????????????
Yeah, I kinda phrased that badly. I know you practiced and played a **** ton to get good at melee, but I do believe it gave you a solid understanding of pressure/spacing/other stuff. It's like switching from Street fighter to another fighting game, you still gotta put in mad work to get good at the other game but SF gives you an okay understanding of how to play fighting games nonetheless.

Oh yeah, I also failed to mention in my last post that Shep practices a lot lol

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
just play him. if you're not a high level player then you probably won't beat him. his style isnt a gimmick either, he is just rock solid. I dont usually hype people up like this, (i think ive only hyped up like 2 players ever, not including isai) but I really believe fiction is top 10 material or higher.
yup.

it's like math. 2+2=4. once you play shephard for just a little bit it's obvious he's one of the best players in the country. i was playing really well and he was ****** me like it was nothing.

it's not like he just totally overwhelms you until you get "used" to him, it's that his decision-making is elite and his execution is textbook. his mix-ups are extraordinary. he's so creative yet everything he pulls off, execution wise, is flawless.

connor's good but he's certainly a step below shephard. imo shephard's just as good as wes/lovage/s2j/fly, which likely makes him slightly better than macd, and certainly makes him top 25 in the country.

I don't doubt Fiction is good, but how good O_o
i am certain he would 2-3 stock you 80% of the time when warmed up

in any one 2/3 set i'd give him a ~65% chance to beat connor

or i could put it like this: connor is closer to skill level to me than he is to shephard.

and as far as chokesies go, connor chokes too (please believe it) and fiction has high-level brawl experience so im not trippin

i will now cover all bets connor v shephard as well

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
yup.

it's like math. 2+2=4. once you play shephard for just a little bit it's obvious he's one of the best players in the country. i was playing really well and he was ****** me like it was nothing.

it's not like he just totally overwhelms you until you get "used" to him, it's that his decision-making is elite and his execution is textbook. his mix-ups are extraordinary. he's so creative yet everything he pulls off, execution wise, is flawless.

connor's good but he's certainly a step below shephard. imo shephard's just as good as wes/lovage/s2j/fly, which likely makes him slightly better than macd, and certainly makes him top 25 in the country.

i am certain he would 2-3 stock you 80% of the time when warmed up

in any one 2/3 set i'd give him a ~65% chance to beat connor

or i could put it like this: connor is closer to skill level to me than he is to shephard.

and as far as chokesies go, connor chokes too (please believe it) and fiction has high-level brawl experience so im not trippin

i will now cover all bets connor v shephard as well
so you'll give me 4:1 on tafokints taking > 2 stocks? how much

or something in the 2 to 3:1 range of a 3 stock?

edit: i'll also gladly bet on daniel in the match, but would like that sidebet too lol

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Can we also do

side bets on shepherd vs the following then?

Fiction vs S2J
Fiction vs Lovage
Fiction vs Fly
Fiction vs MacD
Fiction vs Westballz

I'll put a decent amount of money against Shepherd with any of these 5 players

Top Bottom