• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

D

Deleted member

we update it when theres a reason to or people really want an update

MacD

Banned via Administration
all an update would do is like

mash lucky/zhu/johnny/lovage/fly/me/hugo together. like literally just put 2-8 and put our names in abc order
probably move eddy below us
maybe leave alex there
take off connor
and then just leave the rest cause yea

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
oh ok, i was curious because a friend of mine has beaten baka and sung in tournament recently (sung 2 weeks ago) and i was curious if they were considered differently on the ranking as of recently.

also macd can i like sit down and ask you for advice one day? ur really good.

"no" is an acceptable answer.

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
If they live in socal them maybe if they feel like it I've been consistent beaten baka hyprid okami stab westballz sherigami jpeg and I forget who else and I didn't get ranked so your friend should wait in line lol :)
I am curious how the update would look

:phone:

MacD

Banned via Administration
oh ok, i was curious because a friend of mine has beaten baka and sung in tournament recently (sung 2 weeks ago) and i was curious if they were considered differently on the ranking as of recently.

depends on what you want advice on. i'm not the best at giving it but i try

if it peach related, this thread is golden though http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242179

baka4moé

Smash Champion

sup kalo. i guess to answer ur question, me and sung would probably still be on/near the bottom, if we were to still be on there. sung is def better than me at this point tho.

itd be really cool to see how oscar does against the other players tho tbh. this is just my opinion but i think hes currently around connors current spot, as long as he sticks to his two chars and tries...

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
If they live in socal them maybe if they feel like it I've been consistent beaten baka hyprid okami stab westballz sherigami jpeg and I forget who else and I didn't get ranked so your friend should wait in line lol :)
I am curious how the update would look

:phone:
we are currently in houston texas, good luck in the future hope you get ranked

depends on what you want advice on. i'm not the best at giving it but i try

if it peach related, this thread is golden though http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242179
thankyou i kinda have questions to ask you (after watching some vids, mostly about like why you use bairs the way you do and stuff but this can wait til later)

sup kalo. i guess to answer ur question, me and sung would probably still be on/near the bottom, if we were to still be on there. sung is def better than me at this point tho.

itd be really cool to see how oscar does against the other players tho tbh. this is just my opinion but i think hes currently around connors current spot, as long as he sticks to his two chars and tries...
hes is definitely 2 steps ahead of the rest of texas

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
hey guys you should add this PR, don't criticize and **** cause I put a lot of work in it.

1. Mango
2. Lucky
3. Zhu
4. Smoke2jointz
5. Me (spacefalcon) assuming I lived there
6. Fly Amanita
7. MacD
8. Alex19
9. Hugz
10. Lovage

WestBallz

Smash Ace
hey guys you should add this PR, don't criticize and **** cause I put a lot of work in it.

1. Mango
2. Lucky
3. Zhu
4. Smoke2jointz
5. Me (spacefalcon) assuming I lived there
6. Fly Amanita
7. MacD
8. Alex19
9. Hugz
10. Lovage
more like
1. Mango
2. S2j
3. lucky
4. lovage
5. Fly
6. Zhu
7. me
8. macd
9. hugs
10. eddy
11. Stab
12. Sherigami
13. j666
14. hyprid
15. SpaceFalcon (assuming u lived here)

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
Yo, sorry to intrude peeplz of California. My name is Merck. Im living in the L..A. area now from the GA smash scene and I've been dying for a challenge since i been here. I def think the bus system is awesome out here btw too. So whats good? Any places in L.A. you guys usually play??

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
where the good cali players at??

Do you know what part of LA? It's a pretty spread out city.
Im live off of Willshire, like close Crenshaw blvd. and like Mid-City and Beverly Hills. Im sort of in between everything people are telling me. If there are any players that meet up in the area I'm definitely looking to play soon or whenever. Like seriously PM me if you know of anything.

Ok, a bit about me.. I def not a nuub. I've been to Cali before, i actually grew up here, and like back in 05' I went to a San Jose tournament and I met/know a few Cali players like.. KFC (He is a freakin beast btw^), The Mexican, Myko, Lost a $MM to Lunin Spectre and Silent Spectre and Isai. I also played DBR back in their day. I was ranked forth in the state back then, but before I left GA I would have consider myself 1st in the state even though they are not currently using a ranking system. The very close runner ups are Xif and Drugged Fox if anyone has played/heard of them. Im also known by all the smash players in Hawaii.

Smash Resume
I consider myself pretty good.
Trained by Mike G and Lambchopz (still great friends with both)
I had my own crew of like 10 people back in GA.
I've trained and played many players.
Last year at the southern regional tournament G6 I got 3rd place only under M2K(1st) and Dr. PP(2nd) who split the pot anyway. There are vids.
And most importantly, Im looking for good competition asap.

again I say, what's good?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so a few things. I'm guessing you don't have a car since you mentioned the bus system, which isn't too bad, but I don't know of any regular Smashfest in your immediate location. However, there are several that are reasonable distance.

First off you should join the Socal Smash FB group since it's pretty easy to get attention to play on random days:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/368704663144095/

Second, there's "Smash Bros. Fight Club" at UCLA, directly west of you. If he's not too busy with school S2J tends to host Smashfests on Thursday nights. Typically those and other random UCLA smashfests are announced here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/40520938929/

This one's further, but Sung and Dendy Pretendy host Smashfests most Fridays in Eagle Rock. Typically draws pretty good players:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313020&page=10

Pasadena is the furthest, but a lot of people that post here aren't even from the immediate area. Typically this thread leads to weekend Smashfests:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173644&page=217

There may be more, but those are good places to start that are nearby. I'm directly north of you at the entrance to Runyon Canyon Park in Hollywood and am up to drive or host with some advance notice. Pretty good (not quite ranked), but you're certainly better than me.

We're having a bit of a tournament lull lately, but they're still pretty frequent compared to most regions so keep an eye out. Hope this helps!

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
Im live off of Willshire, like close Crenshaw blvd. and like Mid-City and Beverly Hills. Im sort of in between everything people are telling me. If there are any players that meet up in the area I'm definitely looking to play soon or whenever. Like seriously PM me if you know of anything.

Ok, a bit about me.. I def not a nuub. I've been to Cali before, i actually grew up here, and like back in 05' I went to a San Jose tournament and I met/know a few Cali players like.. KFC (He is a freakin beast btw^), The Mexican, Myko, Lost a $MM to Lunin Spectre and Silent Spectre and Isai. I also played DBR back in their day. I was ranked forth in the state back then, but before I left GA I would have consider myself 1st in the state even though they are not currently using a ranking system. The very close runner ups are Xif and Drugged Fox if anyone has played/heard of them. Im also known by all the smash players in Hawaii.

Smash Resume
Last year at the southern regional tournament G6 I got 3rd place only under M2K(1st) and Dr. PP(2nd) who split the pot anyway. There are vids.

sup!

i'm sorry i dont remember you from 2005, did you go by a different name back then? (this is KFC btw)

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

Smash Resume

Didn't I beat you in tourny with Puff / Marth?

Should add that to your resume.

=)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

Smash Resume

Do you also go by Merc?

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
Okay, so a few things. I'm guessing you don't have a car since you mentioned the bus system, which isn't too bad, but I don't know of any regular Smashfest in your immediate location. However, there are several that are reasonable distance.

First off you should join the Socal Smash FB group since it's pretty easy to get attention to play on random days:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/368704663144095/

Second, there's "Smash Bros. Fight Club" at UCLA, directly west of you. If he's not too busy with school S2J tends to host Smashfests on Thursday nights. Typically those and other random UCLA smashfests are announced here:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/40520938929/

This one's further, but Sung and Dendy Pretendy host Smashfests most Fridays in Eagle Rock. Typically draws pretty good players:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313020&page=10

Pasadena is the furthest, but a lot of people that post here aren't even from the immediate area. Typically this thread leads to weekend Smashfests:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173644&page=217

There may be more, but those are good places to start that are nearby. I'm directly north of you at the entrance to Runyon Canyon Park in Hollywood and am up to drive or host with some advance notice. Pretty good (not quite ranked), but you're certainly better than me.

We're having a bit of a tournament lull lately, but they're still pretty frequent compared to most regions so keep an eye out. Hope this helps!
Yo I really appreciate this. I'll definitely be asking to join these FB groups soon. And thanks for the props too haha. PM me if you still interested in playing sometime.

yeah i still beat you in a game tho merc.

what's good boi?! lol
Twitch Haha! Yeah, you sure did dude haha. Your looking way better out there too bro keep it up! =)

sup!

i'm sorry i dont remember you from 2005, did you go by a different name back then? (this is KFC btw)
KFC, yeah man it was a very long time ago but I still go by the same name. I definitely remember you and the mexican both being really cool people tho.

Didn't I beat you in tourny with Puff / Marth?

Should add that to your resume.

=)
Oh! so it was Zhu that beat me back then haha! Yeah I do remember losing to your Marth and Puff way back. I didnt even know that was you either. I guess its on my permanent record now haha. I look forward to playing you again soon.

Do you also go by Merc?
Yes, Merc is my gamer tag. My old name on smashboards was RyanMercLand. I definitely only go by Merck now tho.

MercuryMercenary

Smash Rookie
about the cheaters thing...

Merc, you were on one of the only episodes of Cheaters I ever watched.
LOL! yeah, that was "allegedly" me on Cheaters. ITS BIG TIME RIGHT HERE haha!

So when you made your new smashboards account why didn't you name it "Merck" instead of "MercuryMercenary"? lol

Anyway, nice to have another player. You're really close to me...:)
Haha, well Merc stands for Mercenary but I did the name that way cause when I go to tournaments people get all ******** and read my name wrong like "Where is, Merse for his match?" so I say Merck so they know haha! But yo if you're close I'd definitely like to play you sometime if your ever up for some friendly competition haha. PM me if you ever wanna set something up man.

Top Bottom