• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smym 12 results!

Quaz

Smash Master
no offense to anyone in my pool but I feel mine was an easy one. I mean it had solid people in it but the only FLAT out good person was trail, and he used his sandbagging ganon.

Rat

Smash Lord
I think bunbun did a ****ing great job. Balancing pools is hard as ****.

After AOB left there was a vacuum. You do need someone to be ******* to make sure the tournament flows.

Quaz

Smash Master
his pool was me, peef, trail, juggleguy, ripple, money, and jnolan.

I guess it was pretty hard because no one in this pool flat out sucks. Everyone was pretty solid and I feel the results could have gone either way.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
AOB people dont even know who you are anymore.
No respect for elders, these kids.

Sorry if I was missed after I left, but I always hated being up that late running things. Not a night person.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nah i actually play ganon more than ic, that was me legit trying. Only way to bring your 2ndaries up to par is to give them actual playing time in tournies when **** is on the line.
I know, the only time I could play my roy was against juggle guy and the fox player. I almost had you our first game though

j00t

Smash Champion
nah i actually play ganon more than ic, that was me legit trying. Only way to bring your 2ndaries up to par is to give them actual playing time in tournies when **** is on the line.
True dat. I'm gonna practice my Game and Watch so much

jnolan

Smash Apprentice
This was the largest event I have been to, ever. I had been to SCSYN1, and stopped going to things till SCSYN3... and I thought those were big. Very fun day over all, and had a great time.

So... some shoutouts?

Tink - Sucks that the weekend went so bad for you... but everyone has bad days. Sucks you couldn't have been playin like you were on Friday, for Singles.
Kels - After watchin teams GFs, for the first time I can say your Falco was doin a lot better than your Fox. Same as I said to Tink though, everyone has bad days, so don't let it get you down.
microwave/George - Talked to you for like... a minute. Sorry we didn't get to catch up. When's your break? We should s&s.
Sveet - Didn't get to talk to you much, but I must say, you have gotten a LOT better. I know we have played a bit at SGs and your place, but seeing you out of your normal environment, you really have improved. Still no demon though. lol
Dart - Sorry you were sick man, still, great job. I am in total agreement that you are the best Marth in the MW.
Flux - Hope you had a nice time man. Hit me up if you are ever coming to a Chi-town tourny, as you are always welcome to chill with me before.
Quaz - You got a sick Peach dude. GGs.
Peef - I have been on your LS a few times, and watched you play on there... didn't think much of you, till we played. Those grab combos were awesome... it's been years since I played against an IC, and you reminded me why they are so sick.
Trail - I remember back at SCSYN1, you 3 stocked my Fox. I'm happy I didn't do nearly as bad this time... heh. Was watchin some of your team matches, and you and Cunning are sick.

And lastly...

Mars - You're a scub. Go back to the mountains and train with Bruno.

CunningKitsune

Smash Ace
Shout-Outs

Wow, it's been so long since I've done one of these...

Teams
Tink + Kels: Good games, guys. Better luck next time in finals; I have no doubt you guys will make it to the big stage once again. Just be careful about taking it out on each other; that's the quickest way to break down team morale and cut off any momentum you could have had.

Chexr + Aarosmashguy: Very nice teamwork, and congrats on your placing. We're coming for you next time. =)

Tom R. + Matt R.: Scary team, as always. The teamwork that you two exhibit has always impressed me. Props on your placement, guys.

Jace + Massive: You guys had us sweating. Nice teamwork and very fluid play overall from both of you. I got rested so many times. LOL

DarkBlueYoshi + SaveTheQueen: GG's in pools, good sirs. You two were a very solid team overall. Yes, I got trolled by the whole "DarkBlueYoshi" thing. heh ARC, it was nice meeting you; it's a cool feeling to know that I've inspired you.

Sveet + Bisu: GG's, guys. Tough luck in pools, but you'll get it next time.

Lance + Jason: Good stuff, guys. Your teamwork is something else.

Good games to all the other teams that we played. And yeah, Roy, I'm definitely up for practicing teams more often (or, in our case, practicing them at all). We got this, son; if we can place as we do with absolutely no preparation beforehand, imagine what we can do once we sharpen our teams games. To all the Purdue teams, you are all improving so much. It makes me proud. heh Keep it up, guys.

Singles
darkrain: Still too good, man. You're still MW at heart no matter where you go. heh Congrats on the win.

Cosmo: Your gameplay is so impressive in a way that differs from most other players. You're so patient and so adept at seizing minuscule opportunities when they arise. Good games, and we will meet again soon.

Andale: Very nicely done, fellow Anthony. At the very least, I'm sure I'll see you at one more tourney; everyone says they'll be quitting the tourney scene and/or the game, and it practically never works. lol Besides which, you've been doing so well! And trust me, I know a thing or two about allowing stress and innate competitiveness to ruin these otherwise entertaining experiences; I'm certain that you'll find a way to detach yourself from those views and enjoy these events and the friends that populate them.

darkatma: Major props on the placement, dude. You're a very solid player in your own right.

Duck: So I guess playing Marth against you wasn't the greatest of ideas. LOL You've got a very nice grasp of the fundamentals of the game, though

Dart!: Nice set against Trail, dude, and fun teams games at TJ's.

Trail: You had a pretty nice run even with our minimal preparation. I wish I had seen that set against Iori; it sounded absolutely hilarious. rofl Can't wait for the livestream, dude; that was an awesome idea. I'll be practicing up in the coming week to look good for all the viewers. heh Also, it's all about the Booze Cruz. LOL

Little England: JaSoN. Well, it doesn't seem like you jAsoN'd yourself too many times to get to this placement. heh Good stuff on beating Wayne, dude; you repped the crew well!

Tink: wAynE

Kels: kEls. Crazy games, dude; I was seriously dizzy from the tension afterward. rofl You'll bounce back, Kels; I'm sure of it. We all have that one tournament.

AppleJack: Serious psych talk. heh Always fun talking with you, Jack. We'll have to get some friendlies in again when next we meet.

Viperboy: Thanks a ton for letting us crash at your place, TJ. And yeah, I just absolutely hate playing Fox against Falco. lol That's what that young Marth is for, son. But nah, I'll play Fox for you when we meet up again. heh It's the least I can do to repay your hospitality.

Iamthemicrowave: GeoRgE! You did quite well here! Fun friendlies as well; I can very much see your improvement. Keep it up!

ORLY: Yeah, sorry about the johnly situation with teams. Think of it this way, though. You went from having a lame character like Fox as your teammate to having a fellow Falcon on your team; that's auto-awesome and auto-hilarious. I hope to see you and the other Chicago guys at this semester's remaining SSBO's!

BlackPanther: Such fun friendlies, dude. Your style is fun to watch and fun to play against. You gotta love when "Just one more" turns into like 5,000 more. lol

Massive: I didn't mean to demoralize you... =( You have a nice Puff, though; it definitely gave me a hard time in both singles and doubles. Just don't get too bummed out if you find yourself not doing so well as it tends to snowball.

PEEF!: Those grab combos are nasty. heh I'm not quite sure why you countered back to Story, though, but that's just me. I look forward to working with you on the livestream thread project.

Phat: Good stuff helping with the tourney.

JuggleGuy: Nice work with the vids and whatnot, as always. Trail and I enjoyed your Top 10 Plays vids; I look forward to the SMYM12 edition.

Sveet: GG's, dude. Maybe one of these days you'll get the Fox. :p

Rainbow Dash: I think this is you, Andrew... lol Thanks a ton for all that you did, man. Your efforts are very much appreciated. We'll definitely get some games in some time or another. I'll look into the next E52.

Lemone: Thanks for letting all of us play at your place, dude. Teaming with you was quite fun.

CaptainPr0n: Friendlies until like 5 AM... Yeah, sounds about right. heh

********: Always a fun time hanging with you, dude. You're improving steadily, DJ; take it a step at a time and you'll be going progressively further in most any tournament setting.

Sniper: It was cool meeting and hanging with you, David. I can definitely see the West Coast in you. heh If Roy and I are ever on the WC, we'll be sure to hit you up. I wish you the best of luck over there, dude.

FrootLoop: You definitely caught me by surprise! Your Falco is quite solid. All you need is more experience with in-game situations and how to react optimally to them and you'll be tearing into brackets in no time.

Lance, Jayford, Crrrrrrrrrrrrrg, and all the Purdue Smashers: As always, it was great hanging with you guys, and I really appreciate your support. We definitely need to set something up over break for anyone who can make it.

Mattson: You missed out, u matt.

Phantom rest.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
PEEF!: Those grab combos are nasty. heh I'm not quite sure why you countered back to Story, though, but that's just me. I look forward to working with you on the livestream thread project.
THanks man =D

I like how you effectively 4 stocked me second match after my 0-death grab =[

As far as the livestream thing, far and away the best way to do it would be to do it like teamliquid.net does for their Starcraft live user streams. Check it out on the right of the page.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
his pool was me, peef, trail, juggleguy, ripple, money, and jnolan.

I guess it was pretty hard because no one in this pool flat out sucks. Everyone was pretty solid and I feel the results could have gone either way.
Yeah, it wasn't a death pool by any means. But I feel like out of all the players in the tourney who didn't make bracket, the ones in our pool were the best.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Peef - I have been on your LS a few times, and watched you play on there... didn't think much of you, till we played. Those grab combos were awesome... it's been years since I played against an IC, and you reminded me why they are so sick.
Thanks so much man I really appreciate that. I also appreciate having your livestream viewership =DD keep watching it's only getting better and we are doing crazier and crazier stuff =]

Your fox was solid but I could tell the ICs kinda scared him from playing his best. =/ Happens alot against me I think. The grabs spook people.

Our pool was just super solid midwestern players. I think Quaz thought it was so easy because he didn't have many bad matchups at all. =D Ripple had terrible ones, and I had Ganon, 2 peaches, samus, fox, and falcon. Tough on a yung IC LOL.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
you know a pool's easy when quaz gets first seed in it :awesome: lol i kid, i kid

(you did get first seed, didn't you? or was dat armor too much to handle?)
Quaz got first in a 5-1 Rock-Paper-Scissors with him, Trail and me. Trail>Quaz, me>Trail, Quaz>me.

Dart!

Smash Master
I think at a big tournament like this its on the PLAYER to know the matchup, not the CHARACTER

if people wanted to solve matchup problems without as much work they would play
:fox: for everything
:sheik: for marth and low tiers
:marth: just spacies

*as much work read "easier"*

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Good summary.

mines
:falco: for everything
:falcon: :sheik: for floaties and low tiers
:jigglypuff: for fastfallers

Palpi

Smash Hero
I only like fighting spacies with marth..I think that is why I am not playing him as much :(

Fox is my heart, soul, and passion.

Marth matchups = swinging your sword better <3 cactuar

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
:roymelee: for falcon and sheik and everyone else not listed

:marth: for spacies

:sheik: for samus and peach

:samus2: for ICs

Tomacawk

Smash Master
for real blake...nobody forces you to play roy
imo tiers are for queers
the better player still wins
edit-especially considering your roy beats me all the time >_>

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm kinda tired of hearing all the character johns. It's not like you are perfect with your character, there is always room for improvement. So stop trying to blame your character for your own downfalls as a player.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Yeah, I'm kinda tired of hearing all the character johns. It's not like you are perfect with your character, there is always room for improvement. So stop trying to blame your character for your own downfalls as a player.

I don't think anyone was johning about their character

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
the sun was in my eyes

my hands were greasy from the pizza hut

i didn't sleep enough last night

i was sandbagging

i'm high as ****

i'm hungover

i'm drunk off my ***

that was boring

that MU is so one-sided