• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Mars-

Smash Champion
So brackets went up, Kels has to play me first round. That's not a problem, free win for kels. Then Kels finds out he has to play other players around his level and suddenly we have problems. Good shit kels.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
In pools, Matt and Tom both got 2nd seed. Matt lost to ORLY and Tom lost to Dart. Dart ended up with first seed and Rat got first seed over Matt. This caused the bracket to look really ****ty.

Also, i'm glad i didnt finish my set win on Rat aka THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP!

Dart!

Smash Master
Ran into Kels again...and didn't win...again. -_- took it to game five and **** was close.

Rat beat me, its ok i've won the last few times so he's keeping up ^_^ good **** Rat.

samus uptilt, most hated move in the game.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Ran into Kels again...and didn't win...again. -_- took it to game five and **** was close.

Rat beat me, its ok i've won the last few times so he's keeping up ^_^ good **** Rat.

samus uptilt, most hated move in the game.
Maybe you shouldnt play him in Fox dittoes and stick with your main?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Samus is a very strange character. I feel like if you can master samus you can master every character, but if you master every other character you still wont have a ****ing clue how to play samus.

Dart!

Smash Master
Maybe you shouldnt play him in Fox dittoes and stick with your main?
LOL dude, i had a game to blow...had to test it out. next time i won't worry about sheik on FD and just go marth but i'ma work on them fox dittos.

if u mad now, wait till you see the video

sheik was not in the building
josh almost losing 2 games to game&watch was hilarious
Maybe i should just go sheik vs bad chars so i know what it's like to have a free ride to semis. :awesome:

ORLY

Smash Master
Wise words from Matty R. When's the next one of these?

On a related-ish note: is there a tournament this upcoming weekend? I cant navigate this bull**** on my phone.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I feel ****ty for not being able to drive to this...

This is looking pretty far ahead, but if you guys can host one of these during MLK weekend (1/15/11) then I can virtually guarantee MI's attendance.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Alright I will schedule it for then, Juggleguy.

Because of how December is laid out, there will not be a tournament next month. I can't devote very much time to practicing and/or hosting leading up to the weekend of 12/18 because the end of the semester is swiftly approaching and I have a lot of schoolwork to get done. Then the two saturdays after that are Christmas and New Years.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ATTENTION

Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are BANNED in Singles. Both stages force character switches outside of what I consider a normal margin. Legal counterpicks for singles are Stadium and Kongo Jungle. Because of the smaller stagelist, a modified DSR will be used so that a player can't counterpick to the last stage that player won on instead of any stage that player won on.

darkatma

Smash Hero
i thought dsr was always that.
also lol matt if you went G&W on me, I'd go zelda on you and whoop :p
jk

man i wanna play twins

everyone go to viperboy's on the 27th!!
advertisement lololol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was considering it, John. If this stagelist has success I will try out the 7 neutrals only list. I think i've had a different ruleset at every tournament so far this series loool

Rat

Smash Lord
If you ban those 2 could you plz ban Kongo Jungle 64 as well?

it's a pretty stupid stage.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was considering that as well, but decided to hold off on my judgements for that stage. It is possible that it will be CPd more now that the other CPs are gone, and that should give some valuable insight into the stage.

ORLY

Smash Master
ATTENTION

Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise are BANNED in Singles. Both stages force character switches outside of what I consider a normal margin. Legal counterpicks for singles are Stadium and Kongo Jungle. Because of the smaller stagelist, a modified DSR will be used so that a player can't counterpick to the last stage that player won on instead of any stage that player won on.
What the WHAT?! WHY DO YOU HATE ME

Scythe

Smash Master
there's hardly any stages left now. Should just have stage-striking with no counterpicks

Top Bottom