• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashing Grounds to the Future! 3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Joe/Sveet
(630)440-2185

425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137

http://www.cod.edu/Maps/local2.gif

the SRC Building
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/campus2.gif

where we will be is labeled 1740 on this map:
http://www.cod.edu/Maps/SRC_12.gif

this room is a room full of tables and chairs, and the windows all look black from the outside. its the only one like it.

Schedule:
  • 11:00am - Registration Start
  • 12:00pm - Teams Signups Ends
  • 12:15pm - Teams Start
  • 4:30pm - Singles Signups Ends
  • 5:00pm - Singles Start

Singles: $10 per person
Doubles: $20 per team
Venue Fee: None for this tournament²

Rules
This will be a double elimination tournament.
  • Games will be 4 stock with an 8 minute timer.
  • All sets will be best of 3 except for semis and finals which are best of 5.
  • Items off.
  • Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
  • Each player/team takes turns striking a stage from the Neutral stages listed below until there is only 1 left. The first game will be played on the remaining stage.
  • After their first win, that player may choose to ban a stage for the entirety of the set.
  • The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
  • A player may not counterpick to the last stage they have won on. (Modified Dave's Stupid Rule)
  • Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
  • Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
  • Friendly Fire will be on in teams
  • Wobbling is NOT banned

SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64

² - There will be no venue fee as long as there is enough setups for tournament use. If this becomes a problem, a $3 venue fee will be charged to players who did not bring a setup.

Scythe

Smash Master
eww at corneria and peach's castle

if i have a ride , i'm def coming.

ORLY

Smash Master
Wait a sec, Peach's Castle? Was that legal before I started playing this game? Additionally, is this because Purdue didn't allow Cruise?

Also: I'll be here.

P.S. - Mute City? Why do you hate Falcons?

Tink

Smash Hero
this looks funn =)....deffff should put the venue fee back on, and just give the extra to the pot....tvs willll be low without venue -_-....it alwaysss happens. this isnt europe....were americans and lazy as ****.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Thats why i had venue fee before, but literally everyone *****ed. I'm giving everyone a chance to work on the honor system. If you have a setup BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!

also, as webster would say, LETS GET THIS HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Says one of the guys in the running for top 3....

Also, it is looking like there will be a BB:CS side tournament at this. Please post if you are interested in playing.

Dart!

Smash Master
Tc Fox main is apparent. Btw ive blown it before... Idk that's a lil much to gamble on a video game. Especially if tink and kels go

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
srsly tho wat's up with the cps
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=281813

My stance is that many of the stages that were banned in the pound ruleset were done unjustly. None of the stages in this ruleset have any broken strategy or have random events that have any serious effect on the game.

I considered switching FoD for PS on the neutrals, but i'm not sure how that would effect the initial stage and currently i believe BF is the "most neutral" stage.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Mute City is less random and more fair than Peach's Castle. Just sayin. Mute city is a set pattern, cars included. Peach's Castle is LOL HERE COMES A BOMB! Plus Walls and terribly small blast zones.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Teams it is fine, but singles Mute City> Peach's Castle, and I didn't see doubles/singles specifications before. (Either I am dumb, or you didn't put it up.)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i havent changed the stage list lol. mute city is for singles, but it lags in doubles. peach's castle is for doubles cause its gay as **** in 1v1

ORLY

Smash Master
SINGLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Pokémon Stadium
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Poke Floats
Mute City

DOUBLES

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Poke Floats
Peach's Castle
This is assuredly gonna kill attendance.

alcheato

Smash Ace
Well I am one to appreciate stage diversity as the same old 5 or 6 stages start to get a little boring to me. Can someone tell me why DK Island: Kongo Jungle is always banned though? I'm guessing the really low ceiling or sides? It used to be my favorite CP back in the day and I never see it on anymore.

Jayford

Smash Lord
Well I am one to appreciate stage diversity as the same old 5 or 6 stages start to get a little boring to me. Can someone tell me why DK Island: Kongo Jungle is always banned though? I'm guessing the really low ceiling or sides? It used to be my favorite CP back in the day and I never see it on anymore.
Camping the top platform makes it super gay if I remember right.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
its only for teams. It was an MLG teams stage, too.

The stage list is staying as it is. Depending on how the tournament goes, I will modify the list for future tournaments.

Top Bottom