• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers are Too Good @ MvC3

sanchaz

Smash Lord
psn is still not working so that I can't trash you guys quite yet

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While they both start with the letter M, I don't think Mortal Kombat and Marvel vs Capcom are the same game.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ksizzle got tapped tho haha. zucco is good.

i watched all those vids. i love 10stars!!!! showed me a lot of tricks i can use with my chars x-23 and tron :)

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
that move that x-23 always uses after she's knocked her opponent to the ground always mindgames the **** outta me because i dont realize how long you're down for without being able to escape

she pulls back for what seems like forever and im like 'dumb*** use another move that one wont hit fast enough'

and it always does

and i go :facepalm:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL yeah actually, when i first picked up the game, i kept whiffing that move cuz i thought the timing was faster

and my friend asked me "are you fully charging it?"

i was like "...that hits?"

he said it does, and i was like wth that takes forever. but yeah, the otg timing is so late LOL

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yo, Meep is getting really good. Him and Unknown played at my house for 14, yes that's right, 14 hours straight on Saturday. He has some gay unblockable setups with X-23 :/

Laijin

Smash Hero
I literally haven't liked a fighting game as much as Marvel since Melee.
This.
Also. I'm winning Xanadu next week. MARK MY WORDS!
If my Phoenix and Taskmaster were as good as my Wesker, i'd be ****** so much harder. GIMR we need to play more so I can learn how to punish Skrull lol. Unknown needs to give me phoenix practice

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm so bad at this game right now. My stick got stolen from Xanadu 3 weeks ago so I'm trying to learn pad. Because of this I'm playing catch up so I'm not getting better. ugh

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I literally haven't liked a fighting game as much as Marvel since Melee.
Yeah seriously this game is addicting.

I suck major balls at it, but it's addicting nonetheless. And the streams are HYPE, almost as hype as Melee streams (which there has been a depressing lack of lately :( )

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm pretty terrible, too. Like, for most characters I know what I'm supposed to do but I always mess up the actual execution. =/

*pad user*

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i hope i can get recorded this weekend and share the fights with you
Justin Wong won $10000 in a Mortal Kombat tournament, our top smash players would be that good in others fighting games?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
^I don't understand that sort of statement, since it's a "different" game to pretty much everybody. It's not like justin went into an already established scene for an entirely different game and just stomped everybody; the game just came out, and he's put as much time into it as anybody else.

Regardless, to answer your question, there's no reason they wouldn't be? It entirely depends on how suited the player is to play fighters in general. I'm sure some our top smashers would be not that great at fighting games, and others would be godlike at them; top players in any competitive game tend to have the right mentality, approach, and mental ability to play any other game where similar skills are tested.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Without a doubt, Justin had the edge in that tournament. The PDP tournament results are skewed only because they made everyone play on the PDP sticks.
Its wide, KNOWN knowledge that 99% of the MK community plays on pad only. If they have never touched a stick in their lives, its impossible to get down the excecution and comfort that Justin has gotten over the past 15+ years within a few months. So the PDP tournament doesn't really accurately say who is the best in the game at all. 10k is a lot of money, but it doesn't even come close to saying who is the best in the game right now. Tom Brady didn't even enter, and i'm fairly sure the dude is a pad player.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i might join the freedumonia crew or whatever they're called. norcal's SF crew with Chrisis, the viper player

ima get better :D

napZzz

Smash Hero
two of our melee players in MN jumped to the top of our marvel scene recently, where we're actually fairly good.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Nappy, when is the next games n go? Besides Raging Storm we have not booked MN in any of our travel plans, but I'm sure we would be interested for Marvel.

This week's WNF had some good commentary. Including Seth and Chen with some insight I couldn't agree more with.

Mainly the idea that we've only delved into about 15% of Marvel. Lots of things are being slept on, both on offense and defense.

Jay Viscant: I think Magneto is also up there.
Seth Killian: Really!?
Anyone who thinks that competition for Marvel now is how its going to look later will eventually see how mistaken they are.

Also the infinite that RogueYoshi had apparently held back on releasing because of fear Capcom might end up patching Dante's BnBs may have been found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvWtuacGICY&feature=player_embedded

Cold Shower always had some wonky follow-ups you could do.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm not sure if this has gotten out but Squall, a PA Snake main, is amazing at Marvel. He beat Zucco, Dmbrandon, and some other top Marvel player (don't remember his name because I'm not in the Marvel scene) at KTAR with an Xbox pad. His normal controller is a PS3 pad so he had to use the crappy d-pad on the 360 controller.

Top Bottom