• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers are Too Good @ MvC3

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So, for any of you that play smash, and also are involved in other fighting game communities, like tekken, or street fighter, I see that most of the people that play these games seem to have this rediculous notion that because Smash doesnt have a life bar and because the stage is an interactive part of the game, that Smash is 'Not a Real Fighting game'.

Now, I have always been of the notion, that not only is the smash series just a much a competitive fighter as street fighter or soul calibur, but that Smash makes you BETTER at fighting games in general and the increased number of options in smash makes you much smarter and more adept at spacing, reading, and most importantly, MINDGAMES.

To illustrate this point, in Rochester there is a smash scene and a SF scene. Both groups were planning to go very hard in MvC3. So before the game came out, I challenged the SF players to a crew battle. Smash vs Street Fighter, using MvC as a middle ground that both groups would play extensively so there wouldnt be any inherent advantages. The end result was the Smash Crew thoroughly beating the SF players' team 3-0 Hope fully there will be videos of this up in the near future.

A couple days later, I saw this blog post on AIB detailing the accomplishments of an MD/VA snake player named Unknown.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=108220
Winning a good sized marvel tournament with highly skilled players in attendance.
The link to the matches are in the blog somewhere, its the 4th part of a justin.tv stream recording. (some of the tastiest salt ive ever had is on that stream recording.)

After that, I saw this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO7xQP-TMAk
Falcomist I believe is a pretty good Melee Marth main, although I dont know where hes from (apparently he is a Cali player), and he is in grand finals stylin on people.

And just Yesterday, We had another marvel tournament here in Rochester, NY. 36 people with entrants from Syracuse and Buffalo. This regional tournament was won by Pikapika! who is regarded as one of the top 3 Brawl Pikachu mains in the country. Unfortunately, no vids were recorded.

Because of all this, I decided to make this thread to document any and all smashers who had taken it upon themselves to make noise in tournaments for this game. If not for anything else, just to be able to walk up to anybody in those communities, and say, 'Oh you know Ryry? I heard he lost to some terrible smash player' :troll:

Feel free to talk and discuss anything about MvC3 in here, including your teams, strategies and tips to help any of your fellow smashers

Ill start.

I enter tournaments (the ones I show up to on time anyway=/) as KIDGoggles.
My main team consists of all my favorite character in the game, and I chose them all before the game released.

Viewtiful Joe: Hes awesome, hes funny, hes a baller, his girlfriend is fine and hes Viewtiful, what more could you want? By far my favorite character in the game, and also my best and my point character. I also mained him and Batsu in TvC

X-23: I dont read comic books that much but reading comics is the only way you would have even known who she was before the game came out. I love her concept and character. She may be the fastest character in the game, aside from lvl3 install jill. And the fact that shes hot doesnt hurt. lol

Morrigan: Never played a darkstalkers game in my life, and Ive only seen like 30 minutes worth of youtube footage to even see what it plays like. but ever since Marvel 1 i've been a big Morrigan fan. Ive always liked everything about her, and thought she was awesome, but I never played her seriously, so I decided marvel 3 would be the time for me to get real serious with her.

Super Skrull: another one of the mostly comic book exclusive characters. But probably imo one of the smartest roster inclusions in the game. Why put any one Fantastic four character in, when you could take a character that has ALL of their powers and is generally just like 10 times cooler? I dont play him as much as the other 3, but when I do, I usually swap morrigan out for her.

right now, i have joe on the bomb assist, partly because it otgs, but mainly because i never assist with joe, so it doesnt matter much to me. I have morrigan on her meter assist to feed joe bar because I like to catch assists with random supers, and my current one touch kill combo requires a lot of meter as well. and x 23 on her low assist obv, cus it otgs and i can start unblockable combos with it. and Skrull on the tenderizer, because its a decent anti air and it lengthens some of my combos.

I told people I would always play Joe, but after some money matches at the tourney yesterday, Im starting to feel like if I really want to win, I have to switch Joe out for Skrull on my main team, so I have easier access to the DHC trick between x 23 and morrigan, Which I feel is a necessity in order to win. (its either DHC trick on every combo, or play Phoenix.)

Pikapika is really lame, but he did his research and he plays his team intellgently.

Used to play Zero, due to enjoying the character and rushdown, but felt that the character died far too easy, so he dropped him.

Now he has Sent on point, because he heard early on that Sent was OP, and he still kinda is, even after the patch.

Doom missile on second. His Doom is probably the worst doom ive ever played or seen. But that doesnt matter cus he only uses him for the combobreaker assist, he plays sent and has the heaviest anchor known to man. His third is...

Phoenix, Cus he heard early on that DP was going to be OP. And she is. Xfactor 3 DP is probably the dumbest thing Ive ever seen. Its like 2 tiers short of Ivan Ooze. And given that Ooze is something like 7-8 tiers above MK, thats saying something.

Have at it, and let me see them Results!

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=108431&page=1
Airtola, gettin it in, ex smash player, Defeating one of the best players in the nation. Good shiz!! Also, big ups to Tyrant getting 7th

http://shoryuken.com/f6/xanadu-april-monthly-results-270694/
Unknown winning another MD Marvel tourney. Dude is on fire right now.
http://shoryuken.com/f6/4-13-xanbat-baltimore-md-270987/
another good showing, only barely losing to Offstein.

http://shoryuken.com/f6/4-19-11-8-break-weekly-104-a-271488/
Zucco making big waves as well, going last game last hit with Josh Wong, an established national class player. Big ups to our (un)lovable DMBrandon for pulling 7th in the same tourney.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32RAhW3jSgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPnvz51rIF0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICPfE6pPNKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaScFjiwUVo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDsGugJta6Q

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12553469&postcount=171
Cant find the srk results thread but Falcomist is apparently still out there pulling top tier results. You still got money son, dont get too down about it man.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12555915&postcount=175
Even on the smaller scale, smashers all over are showing people that we got the skills to be good at fighting games from somewhere...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTBr31G-hU#t=11m11s
Even online theres smashers beating some of the better players out there.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12571275&postcount=213

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!

After that, I saw this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO7xQP-TMAk
Falcomist I believe is a pretty good Melee Marth main, although I dont know where hes from (apparently he is a Cali player), and he is in grand finals stylin on people.
my god sentinel looks so broken in this game

that or x-factor

either way he took out his opponents entire team in less than 15 ticks of game time lol

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
*watches pheonix video*

i can see how a character who can come back stronger after shes killed can be the best in the game...

btw is wavedash a general fighting game term? i thought it was specific to smash but srk's mvc3 sentinel guide video mentions that he can wavedash so iunno

Ugg

Smash Champion
*watches pheonix video*

i can see how a character who can come back stronger after shes killed can be the best in the game...

btw is wavedash a general fighting game term? i thought it was specific to smash but srk's mvc3 sentinel guide video mentions that he can wavedash so iunno
Wavedashing in MvC is when you cancel a forward dash with a crouch into another forward dash, and repeat. It's the fastest form of natural ground mobility for most characters.

Jonas

Smash Champion
I think it really came from Tekken, and then I guess Smash and MvC players just adopted the term for techniques that look similar/has a similar function.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
They didn't co-op anything, if anything we co-oped it. Washdashing has been around since xmvsf and VSav.

edit: and no Tekken got it from Marvel too.

TL?

Smash Ace
So.. around three smash players have done well in a mahvel tournament? This makes "smashers too good @ mvc3"?

Pengie

Smash Lord
Here in Florida people have been bringing MvC3 to tournaments for kicks and it has a pretty decent following among smashers.

Tink

Smash Hero
a MW player named jayford also took a set off marn in some friendlies a lil while back. dont know if thats worth anything, but it wasss marn :/.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my god sentinel looks so broken in this game

that or x-factor

either way he took out his opponents entire team in less than 15 ticks of game time lol
its both. Anyone who plays the game can pretty much agree level 3 x factor really needs to get toned down.

*watches pheonix video*

wavedashing is not a smash specific term, nor did it originate with smash.
ah

so its a different mechanic but they co-opted the term

and it does basically the same thing
enhanced form of ground movement, yes. but we took it from another fighting game, I dont know which was the first to use that term, but it definitely wasnt smash.
So.. around three smash players have done well in a mahvel tournament? This makes "smashers too good @ mvc3"?
1. I could include myself, but Im not having the same lvl of success as pikapika, tho I am making noise.
2. I know its more than just 4 or 5 people, which is why Im making this thread.

a MW player named jayford also took a set off marn in some friendlies a lil while back. dont know if thats worth anything, but it wasss marn :/.
holy hell. for real? I know jayford. do you know when this was or if theres vids? thats awesome.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Jayford told us this I THINK. It was pretty nice to know he'd been doing work as well, reppin the melee smash groups in this game.

As for brawl, my room mate has been putting immense amounts of work into this game (like, 14 hour training sessions during breaks from school.) He got 2nd place to John, one of the better Purdue fighting game club players, at the fighting game club rambats or whatever it's called (a small tourney)...

I play him and my other room mate, I'm still not that good, I acquire a good lead sometimes here and there in win ratio, but usually it's 30-70 their favor. Me and 4biddin go 50-50 often enough though. I don't put enough time in this game to expect to do that much better, but I am happy with what wins I DO get.

We all call BS on a lot of stuff we learn in this game everyday XD It gets heated sometimes. It's quite funny.

Me: Amaterasu / X-23 / Chris
4Biddin: Wesker / Iron Man / Chun Li
B3@$T: Wolverine / Magneto / Anybody

Seriously, B3@$T switches so many characters for his last one, I don't know what to call it. Now, he's trying to use Deadpool. Which before that was Wesker. Which before that was Tron. Which before that was Haggar. Which before that was Hulk. Which befo-

you get the point...

Anyways I use Amaterasu because she's a !@$#ing wolf and I love wolves, plus I loved her game to freaking death. Best character for me hands down and reminds me of Megaman Volnutt with his weapon switching in Tatsu, whom I mained as well.

X-23 was hot, fast, and has probably one of the best hyper 1 specials. Pure invincibility and goes clear across the stage just about. She's also very technical and safe on some of her normals. Her loops are something Im still learning.

Finally Chris. I'm the most developed with him. Obviously, one the better tanks and keep-aways, and has incredible chip damage. X-Factor Chris will destroy a character before they can even get off the ground from a switch (FIRE IN THE HOLE FIRE IN THE HOLE EAT IT! *uses flamethrower*)

They also all have nice combos with eachother and hypers all lead into eachother damn near except from X-23 to Chris. I can also DHC glitch between X-23 and Amaterasu I believe.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that one is really good, there a way you can ground bounce them with the sword like 5 times in a row while the mist is up.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Chris sucks, I'm sorry but he is terrible. He's actually one of the worst zoners in the game and he gets ***** by anyone that knows how to approach from above.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Chris sucks, I'm sorry but he is terrible. He's actually one of the worst zoners in the game and he gets ***** by anyone that knows how to approach from above.
Please. I play against one of the best characters in the game for that overhead BS, Chris ***** anyone just fine if the players know how to handle that "approach from above" shenanigans.

And hell, he's not meant for anything but keepaway and massive damage anyway, what are you smokin', thinking "well jeeze he's got a bad zoning game he must get ***** because I can overhead with Magneto lolololol"

At least back up what you're saying I probably don't put more than 50 percent of the amount of time you all put into this game but I can at least support my position -_-

Sigh, nothing changes at smashboards.

Case in point, let's say you're rushing into Chris with Heavies or spikes, he can simply jump into you and grab you. He can also get a good set up from the gun shot (which I have yet to perfect), but regardless. Now, what about someone approaching from above with a longer range attack that's faster? Flamethrow is a godsend.

Oh, and even further; since the flamethrower is easy to bait, my room mate baits it a lot now, and so I simply change up the flame thrower to shotgun or stun rod, both of which have a decently wide hit box (stun rod is faster I think) in front of Chris to nail someone potentially "waiting" for a bait :)

EDIT: Yeah you know I was a bit harsh with the "nothing changes comment" so I apologize in advance, I should not have said that.

And also, thanks Kid ^^

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Way to take a dump on somebodys dreams man... dang, if he likes chris let him play chris, no need for you to jump down his throat about it.
I didn't mean for it to sound that way, I used to play Chris too.

Please. I play against one of the best characters in the game for that overhead BS, Chris ***** anyone just fine if the players know how to handle that "approach from above" shenanigans.
Chris has no way to handle that "approach from above" BS, using the Jam session assist is the best way to cover that space but that ain't a corridor.

And hell, he's not meant for anything but keepaway and massive damage anyway, what are you smokin', thinking "well jeeze he's got a bad zoning game he must get ***** because I can overhead with Magneto lolololol"
What? This makes no sense, how does he have a bad zoning game but a good keepaway? You need a good zoning game to have a good keepaway, actually, they're basically the same damn thing. And what does an overhead have to do with anything? I'm not some ******** scrub who doesn't know **** about Marvel. I've been playin the **** since 06. Anyways, his massive damage doesn't mean **** since everyone in this game does ridiculous damage, he's one of the best chippers in the game but you need something to back that up, and, well, he's not good. He does cover some space that most characters can't though (dowards angle with the jumping oozi).

At least back up what you're saying I probably don't put more than 50 percent of the amount of time you all put into this game but I can at least support my position -_-
I just did, you happy now? And I barely ever play this game, I keep up with it though.

Sigh, nothing changes at smashboards.
Fine, go to SRK where everything different is bad and you get flamed for the smallest, littlest things.

Case in point, let's say you're rushing into Chris with Heavies or spikes, he can simply jump into you and grab you. He can also get a good set up from the gun shot (which I have yet to perfect), but regardless. Now, what about someone approaching from above with a longer range attack that's faster? Flamethrow is a godsend.
Just tech the grab, obviously you're going to do it every single time since he has no other options for people coming from above. And guess what happens after that? RTSD.
Oh, and even further; since the flamethrower is easy to bait, my room mate baits it a lot now, and so I simply change up the flame thrower to shotgun or stun rod, both of which have a decent fast hit box in front of Chris to nail someone potentially "waiting" for a bait :)
Chris is good at zoning from the front , but he's easy to open up because of that major flaw.

I'll just leave it this way, as my friend Gates said, "Chris is cable without the things that made Cable good."

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm not some ******** scrub who doesn't know **** about Marvel. I've been playin the **** since 06.
Relax. I didn't call you any of that stuff nor implied it. I was just trying to get some discussion going, since you felt so strongly about your opinion.

What? This makes no sense, how does he have a bad zoning game but a good keepaway? You need a good zoning game to have a good keepaway, actually, they're basically the same damn thing. And what does an overhead have to do with anything?Anyways, his massive damage doesn't mean **** since everyone in this game does ridiculous damage, he's one of the best chippers in the game but you need something to back that up, and, well, he's not good. He does cover some space that most characters can't though (dowards angle with the jumping oozi).
He has good keep away in the sense that if he's laid several fire pits across the stage with his Heavy nades, he can reach right on over with the stun rod from just a simple dash in and then 6H. Overheads are the best approaches from above.. And since the opponent is using an overhead it doesn't necessarily mean it's 6H, meaning you can you can get a free grab on some characters.

I agree that he has bad zoning in the sense that he can't deal with up close and personal most of the game. He's practically built for laying traps and biding his time for an opening, or creating one with his other teammates' assists. Once he has, his CQC is essentially very straight forward and easy to do, and leads into really nice combos from his entire team. Chris is essentially a team player, and a last-ditch effort toward X-factor 2 or 3. BUT. X-Factor 1 is enough to just retire one of your opponent's characters quite quickly. That's why I save him and use Ammy on point most of the time until I need him.

He has trouble with characters like Storm, Trish, and other overall better campers/zoners that have tridashes/diagonal dashes or whatever. Ironman is damn near even but somewhat harder than most. He can put up a fight against rush down teams if he push blocks at the right times and regular blocks at others. He's the bait and switch type character. I've figured this out playing Wolverine.

He goes even with the rest of the cast pretty well imo. Just make liberal use of your mines/fire pit nades, and super jump with oozi until they make a bad rush in mistake that you can punish. He's pure punish/keep away to me. (although some characters keep away better...)

The game in general isn't favorable to zoning much, only a handful of characters can zone extremely well, and I wouldn't put Chris on the top or bottom as far as that's concerned.

Just tech the grab, obviously you're going to do it every single time since he has no other options for people coming from above. And guess what happens after that? RTSD.

Chris is good at zoning from the front , but he's easy to open up because of that major flaw.
Yes, tech the grab, but he can also shoot his gun after that just as well. I've had tech battles before, make no mistake... And rushing's only gunna work depending on the amount of push block you can get off each hit.

I'll just leave it this way, as my friend Gates said, "Chris is cable without the things that made Cable good."

But Chris is Chris with all the things that make Chris good! :awesome:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sounds like taskmaster, its easy to get past arrows, but than you realise oh shiz, his combos hit like a GD truck.

except task doesnt really have weaknesses.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I agree with that, KID, Chris is just more straightforward for his combination punch, wall bounces, ground bounces, and really good chip game. He's probably one my favorites to have in X-Factor 3 after I've just destroyed their second to last character.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I think Sentinel's biggest problem is his lack of mix-up potential; I always had a hard time opening people up with him without an assist because of how hard it is for him to go from high to low quickly. That's one of the reasons that I think that Sent should always be paired up with an assist that hits low, so that you can try to pull some fly/low assist unblockable set ups to open people up.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Relax. I didn't call you any of that stuff nor implied it. I was just trying to get some discussion going, since you felt so strongly about your opinion.
Opps, sorry then, thought you were implying I was some scrub talkin outta his ***.

He has good keep away in the sense that if he's laid several fire pits across the stage with his Heavy nades, he can reach right on over with the stun rod from just a simple dash in and then 6H. Overheads are the best approaches from above.. And since the opponent is using an overhead it doesn't necessarily mean it's 6H, meaning you can you can get a free grab on some characters.
See, the problem is with this is that it's sssoooo easy to get past with too many characters. Character's with flight and ADs get past Chris' keepaway no prob, teleporting character's don't even have to deal with it, other zoners like Dorm out zone him, so what are you gonna do? Obviously theres some characters he can keep away (Felicia, Thor, Haggar, Hulk, maybe Shuma) but he can't for the majority.

And all attacks coming from above are overheads, but not all overheads are from above, hence why I was confused.

I agree that he has bad zoning in the sense that he can't deal with up close and personal most of the game. He's practically built for laying traps and biding his time for an opening, or creating one with his other teammates' assists. Once he has, his CQC is essentially very straight forward and easy to do, and leads into really nice combos from his entire team. Chris is essentially a team player, and a last-ditch effort toward X-factor 2 or 3. BUT. X-Factor 1 is enough to just retire one of your opponent's characters quite quickly. That's why I save him and use Ammy on point most of the time until I need him.
He is pretty good with lvl XF (but who isn't lol) because he can chip the **** outta you.

He has trouble with characters like Storm, Trish, and other overall better campers/zoners that have tridashes/diagonal dashes or whatever. Ironman is damn near even but somewhat harder than most. He can put up a fight against rush down teams if he push blocks at the right times and regular blocks at others. He's the bait and switch type character. I've figured this out playing Wolverine.
Yeah, but this is just smart play, I don't think it makes him as a character any better against RTSD characters. And I forgot to mention Chris' DHCs ****ing suckkkkkkkkk.

He goes even with the rest of the cast pretty well imo. Just make liberal use of your mines/fire pit nades, and super jump with oozi until they make a bad rush in mistake that you can punish. He's pure punish/keep away to me. (although some characters keep away better...)
I basically just said that above, sorry I didn't read this part. lol

The game in general isn't favorable to zoning much, only a handful of characters can zone extremely well, and I wouldn't put Chris on the top or bottom as far as that's concerned.
I agree, I think they should buff him up a bit, he's lacking something.

Yes, tech the grab, but he can also shoot his gun after that just as well. I've had tech battles before, make no mistake... And rushing's only gunna work depending on the amount of push block you can get off each hit.
Yeah, i guess. Or you could use the haggar assist. Most Chris players agree it's the best assist for the situation.

But Chris is Chris with all the things that make Chris good! :awesome:
Gates would argue with you for days about how he thinks Chris sucks. xD

And I don't see how Chris is anything like Tasky. He just rushes down and does the stupidest, easiest damage in the game.

Nosboss

Smash Cadet
I think Sentinel's biggest problem is his lack of mix-up potential; I always had a hard time opening people up with him without an assist because of how hard it is for him to go from high to low quickly. That's one of the reasons that I think that Sent should always be paired up with an assist that hits low, so that you can try to pull some fly/low assist unblockable set ups to open people up.
DP+L > people afraid to push buttons

Sent isn't top 5.

In no order Wolverine,Ammy,Mag,Wesker and Phoenix are better. Dante is arguably better as well
Lies and slander. Sentinel is the single greatest character ever conceived in a fighting game. Why, if Sentinel was in Brawl, things would be different around here...

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The metagame has been going against Sentinel very healthily. Lots of characters can outright shut down Sentinel in high level play now, especially with the patch.

He's still very viable though.

Unlike Brawl, where Meta Knight was never really "stopped" persay... But what we did to MK in 3 years we've done to Sentinel in 3 months. Which is learn the MU.

MK will forever be the dominant one in this case.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Sent isn't top 5.

In no order Wolverine,Ammy,Mag,Wesker and Phoenix are better. Dante is arguably better as well
I really dont see wolvie as being top 5 material.

like I play X 23, and I dont see anything he does, that she cant do just as well. not to say theyre the same character, but they are the same type (mix up rushdown) and I dont see laura as being top tier either.

ammy beats sent kinda bad head up, but i dont know if I can cosign to her actually being a better character.

Mag, I dont know what to think about mag, hes hella fast, does amazing combo, builds stupid bar, wtf is his lvl 3... like I play x 23 and i dont see why his lvl3 is allowed. but at the same time, once youve experienced the triangle jump to low and the fly unfly Ss, he just seems kinda predictable. and he takes hits like a little biatch. so im unsure.

who the hell cares
he can basically just do 2B to S to fly to S over and over and over. one has super armor, one has HYPER armor. and the last eats projectiles... i mean...:urg: i dont think ive ever seen a character do so much damage with so little effort in my life.

And I don't see how Chris is anything like Tasky. He just rushes down and does the stupidest, easiest damage in the game.
task doesnt have to rush down at all. his camp game is amazing, especially if you got sent drones or doom missiles behind him.
DP+L > people afraid to push buttons

Lies and slander. Sentinel is the single greatest character ever conceived in a fighting game. Why, if Sentinel was in Brawl, things would be different around here...
sooooo much this. oh my god, I always feel like the grab is slow enough that i should see it and jump away, but It always gets me, then i die. :c

@ krys, if MK died to everything 30% earlier, hed probably be fair now too lol

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I really dont see wolvie as being top 5 material.

like I play X 23, and I dont see anything he does, that she cant do just as well. not to say theyre the same character, but they are the same type (mix up rushdown) and I dont see laura as being top tier either.

ammy beats sent kinda bad head up, but i dont know if I can cosign to her actually being a better character.

Mag, I dont know what to think about mag, hes hella fast, does amazing combo, builds stupid bar, wtf is his lvl 3... like I play x 23 and i dont see why his lvl3 is allowed. but at the same time, once youve experienced the triangle jump to low and the fly unfly Ss, he just seems kinda predictable. and he takes hits like a little biatch. so im unsure.

who the hell cares
he can basically just do 2B to S to fly to S over and over and over. one has super armor, one has HYPER armor. and the last eats projectiles... i mean...:urg: i dont think ive ever seen a character do so much damage with so little effort in my life.

task doesnt have to rush down at all. his camp game is amazing, especially if you got sent drones or doom missiles behind him.

sooooo much this. oh my god, I always feel like the grab is slow enough that i should see it and jump away, but It always gets me, then i die. :c

@ krys, if MK died to everything 30% earlier, hed probably be fair now too lol
Wolverine does dumb damage and has easy as hell setups. Wolverine can cross up better then x-23(with the right assist) has better damage output and is just a easier char to learn. He's probably the best rushdown char in the game.

Top 5 is still rather subjective at this point. I don't bash anyone who puts sentinel in top 5 as he can still very well be. I think the only universal thing people agree on is ammy and wesker being top 2 at this point.

Your severly wrong about Ammy. She has a answer for EVERYTHING. Has great damage output and disturbingly easy links(which are just deadly when combined with xfactor) Benefits greatly from the 2 best assists in the game(Drones and Missles) Can instant super out of air throw, Her hurtbox is very small which causes chars bnb combos to drop. Has a amazing assist of her own(Cold Star) Can play both rushdown and keepaway, AND COMPLETELY SHUTS DOWN SENTINEL.

Taskmaster just does too much damage for being so easy to do(Same as wolverine.)

Pengie

Smash Lord

who the hell cares

That's really predictable though; I think the biggest problem that people have with sentinel is that they just can't block properly. Once you see top players (i.e. players who have solid who know how to block) playing against Sentinel he turns to crap. I think characters like C. Viper and X-23 are way scarier because of how fast they are and how quickly they can go from high to low. If Sentinel's normals still did chip damage like in Marvel 2 it might be a different story, but as it stands, you just block his obvious moves accordingly and keep your eye out for the frying pan. The only really scary thing about his "mixups" is the command grab which I honestly think was a bit unnecessary.

Nosboss

Smash Cadet
The metagame has been going against Sentinel very healthily. Lots of characters can outright shut down Sentinel in high level play now, especially with the patch.
You're saying words, but I don't understand.

He's still very viable though.
He's more than viable.

Unlike Brawl, where Meta Knight was never really "stopped" persay... But what we did to MK in 3 years we've done to Sentinel in 3 months. Which is learn the MU.
>metagame has developed to the point where a character has reached his full potential 2 months after release
>ohwaityoureseriousletmelaughevenharder.jpg

Sentinel only looks bad because you got a lot of idiots playing him and mashing cr. m and S. On that note, Sentinel only looks good because you got a lot of idiots running into cr. m and S.

MK will forever be the dominant one in this case.
How can MK be the dominant one if he's smaller than Sentinel's head?

Top Bottom