• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Under New Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
dansalvato
Greatest news I've heard in a while. I wish I could be involved with this, but I sincerely trust the site is in good hands.

Life

Smash Hero
Not sure whether I want transfer day to be during finals week so I don't have Smashboards to distract me, or whether I don't want it to be during finals week so I have Smashboards to distract me

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Extremely good news.

As I was to understand it, being under the rule of MLG was highly cumbersome as anything and everything that you wanted to have done to SWF had to go through the okay of MLG, themselves. Often times, they would be slow to respond, or not respond at all.

Just being under new ownership shows promise.

I hope this new acquisition works in your favor, Alpha. Congratulations.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yo, this is sweet news. I hope everything mentioned does occur and tournaments can get the highlighting they deserve. :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Awesome news AZ!

Does this mark the end of crashboards?

:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
****ING GOD-TIER; good **** AlphaZealot, hope this turns out better than i think

ideally so much can be vastly improved that was never considered an issue or upgradable (hopefully)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Best news for the Smash community in awhile. Maybe if you search Melee we'll be front page on google again.

Also @JTB: your avatar, name combo had me dying in laughter. Dat Clementine

:phone:

Darkurai

Smash Master
So does this mean that Show Me Your News' iTunes feed will finally be updated?

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Lets hope there will be a mobile version of this site once it upgrades.

Or else...........

Meh I got nothing

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lets hope there will be a mobile version of this site once it upgrades.

Or else...........

Meh I got nothing
There's already a mobile version of the site :cool:

Gea

Smash Master
Thank you once again, AZ. I wonder if this means we can either integrate with or make our own smash wiki with pages full of frame data/hitboxes/etc so that we can finally have information repositories that are functional and easy to access from this website.

Trying to find specific info is such a freakin' chore, and I'm sure the community wouldn't mind helping with that project if it gets spearheaded.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Looking forward to seeing how you can help take Smash to the next level AZ. ^_^

I know a lot of people are joking about it, but the profanity filter is a little ridiculous. I can understand some of the more offensive words since you don't want to offput any parents of younger smashers, but it'd be great if you could at least allow words that you frequently hear on television... a**, b****, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom